RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rebkell's Preseason Picks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 09/20/18 11:17 pm    ::: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

So, I saw this being done for the WNBA, and thought we could have a preseason version for the Women's College Basketball Season since we're 47 days out! This may be too early, but it could give people time to think while watching the World Championships. Thanks to Lynxmania for giving a standard template to work off of here. Voting will close on November 4th, 5 PM Eastern. As always, you can vote in as many or as few categories as you wish, but only once.

Preseason Top 15

We will begin with the preseason rankings. In this category, I'm asking you to rank your top 15 teams in the nation. In order for your vote to count, you must include at least five teams. The top team will receive 15 points, number 2 will receive 14 points and so on.

Player of the Year

For our Player of the Year ballot, I'm asking you to submit your Top 5 Choices. Your MVP vote will receive 10 points, #2 will get 7 points, #3 will get 5 points, #4 will get 3 points, and #5 will be 1 point.

MVP:
2:
3:
4:
5:

All-Americans

For our All America Teams, you are tasked to name 5 players to the 1st Team and 5 players to the 2nd Team. For each selection to the 1st Team, the player will receive 10 points. For each selection to the 2nd Team, the player will receive 5 points. For each selection to the 3rd Team, each player will receive 3 points. Due to the flexibility of college teams, I've tried to be flexible with the positions and allow you to get creative with how you want to vote and construct your teams. I only ask that you at least complete the first two teams.

1st Team:

2nd Team:

3rd Team:

Non-P5 Top 10
This category is for those who are excited to celebrate the successes and dreams of teams not in the BIG, Pac-12, SEC, Big 12, and the ACC. UConn is also excluded from this category by my divine decree.

May the odds be ever in your teams favour!

Bonus points to whoever can name this player! No cheating!

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/21/18 10:10 am    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

1. Notre Dame
2. Oregon
3. UCONN
4. Baylor
5. Louisville
6. Mississippi State
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Stanford
10. Texas
11. Missouri
12. DePaul
13. South Carolina
14. Georgia
15. South Florida

MVP: Sabrina Ionescu
2: Katie Lou Samuelson
3: Asia Durr
4: Napheesa Collier
5: Tierra McCowan

1st Team:
1. Sabrina Ionescu
2. Katie Lou Samuelson
3. Asia Durr
4. Napheesa Collier
5. Tierra McCowan

2nd Team:
1. Arike Ogunbowale
2. Destiny Slocum
3. Kalani Brown
4. Brianna Turner
5. Ruthy Hebard

3rd Team:
1. Crystal Dangerfield
2. Jackie Young
3. Kaila Charles
4. Lauren Cox
5. Joyner Holmes

Mid-Major Top 10
1. Marquette
2. USF
3. DePaul
4. Central Michigan
5. Buffalo
6. UCF

Ice

PostPosted: 09/21/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Top 15

We will begin with the preseason rankings. In this category, I'm asking you to rank your top 15 teams in the nation. In order for your vote to count, you must include at least five teams. The top team will receive 15 points, number 2 will receive 14 points and so on.

1. Notre Dame
2. Louisville
3. Connecticut
4. Oregon
5. Mississippi State
6. Texas
7. Baylor
8. Georgia
9. Missouri
10. Maryland
11. Stanford
12. Oregon State
13. West Virginia
14. Tennessee
15. Duke

Player of the Year

For our Player of the Year ballot, I'm asking you to submit your Top 5 Choices. Your MVP vote will receive 10 points, #2 will get 7 points, #3 will get 5 points, #4 will get 3 points, and #5 will be 1 point.

2: Arike Ogunbowale
3: Katie Lou Samuelson
4: Teaira McCowan
5: Napheesa Collier

All-Americans

For our All America Teams, you are tasked to name 5 players to the 1st Team and 5 players to the 2nd Team. For each selection to the 1st Team, the player will receive 10 points. For each selection to the 2nd Team, the player will receive 5 points. For each selection to the 3rd Team, each player will receive 3 points. Due to the flexibility of college teams, I've tried to be flexible with the positions and allow you to get creative with how you want to vote and construct your teams. I only ask that you at least complete the first two teams.

1st Team:
1. Sabrina Ionescu
2. Arike Ogunbowale
3. Katie Lou Samuelson
4. Napheesa Collier
5. Teaira McCowan

2nd Team:
1. Marina Mabrey
2. Asia Durr
3. Sophie Cunningham
4. Brianna Turner
5. Kalani Brown

3rd Team:
1. Destiny Slocum
2. Maite Cazorla
3. Jackie Young
4. Ruthy Hebard
5. Lauren Cox

Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/18 11:34 am    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Top 15
1. ND
2. MissSt
3. LOU
4. ORE
5. BAY
6. UConn
7. MD
8. STAN
9. Mizz
10. OreSt
11. Iowa
12. SYR
13. TENN
14. MARQ
15. SCar

Player of the Year
MVP: McCowan
2: Ionescu
3: KLS
4: K Brown
5: Durr

All-Americans
1st Team:
1. McCowan
2. Ionescu
3. KLS
4. K Brown
5. Durr

2nd Team:
1. Collier
2. Ogunbowale
3. Cunningham
4. Hebard
5. Cox

3rd Team:
1. A Howard
2. K Charles
3. Shepard
4. Turner
5. Dangerfield

Non-P5 Top 10
UConn is also excluded from this category by my divine decree.
(I don’t think any team from the AAC is included in mid-major lists)

1. MARQ
2. DEP
3. GBay
4. BUFF
5. SDSU
6. USF
7. CMU
8. GONZ
9. FGCU
10. UCF

Bonus points to whoever can name this player!
Carmen Grande

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Coyotes

PostPosted: 09/24/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for your submissions. I have to say I’m appalled by the exclusion of Megan Gustafson on everyone’s lists so far. She’s on my shortlist for Player of the Year.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/24/18 8:06 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
So, I saw this being done for the WNBA, and thought we could have a preseason version for the Women's College Basketball Season since we're 47 days out! This may be too early, but it could give people time to think while watching the World Championships. Thanks to Lynxmania for giving a standard template to work off of here. Voting will close on November 4th, 5 PM Eastern. As always, you can vote in as many or as few categories as you wish, but only once.

Preseason Top 15

Player of the Year

MVP:
2:
3:
4:
5:

All-Americans

1st Team:

2nd Team:

3rd Team:

Non-P5 Top 10
This category is for those who are excited to celebrate the successes and dreams of teams not in the BIG, Pac-12, SEC, Big 12, and the ACC. UConn is also excluded from this category by my divine decree.

May the odds be ever in your teams favour!

Carmen Grande! Smile I was looking at NCAA stats today and I wanted to find out who is the young lady racking up all these assists like Vandersloot. I discovered who she is and that she will be playing for Ohio State this season. I need to subscribe to BTN this basketball season. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/25/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Thank you for your submissions. I have to say I’m appalled by the exclusion of Megan Gustafson on everyone’s lists so far. She’s on my shortlist for Player of the Year.

This.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/17/18 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

This.

I'm neither apalled nor surprised.

Doubt she'd even be in my top ten for poy. I can think of five players just from the ND and UConn rosters who would be in front of her. And then there's McCowan and Durr and Ionescu and Anigwe and Cunningham and Cox and Brown off the top of my head.

Of the people others are naming for poy, who would you put Gustafson in front of?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/20/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

This.

I'm neither apalled nor surprised.

Doubt she'd even be in my top ten for poy. I can think of five players just from the ND and UConn rosters who would be in front of her. And then there's McCowan and Durr and Ionescu and Anigwe and Cunningham and Cox and Brown off the top of my head.

Of the people others are naming for poy, who would you put Gustafson in front of?

I can agree that she may not be in the Top 5 depending on your perception of her, but several voters have lefter her entirely off of their All American Teams -- which includes up to 15 players. That is what I think is quite shocking.

In any case, I'm sorry to nitpick, and I do think that this is a good way to get ready for the season. I'll be posting mine by the end of the weekend and you can all nitpick it all you want.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 10/22/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Notre Dame
2. Oregon
3. Baylor
4. Connecticut
5. Mississippi State
6. Louisville
7. Maryland
8. Stanford
9. Texas
10. Oregon State
11. Iowa
12. South Carolina
13. Georgia
14. Missouri
15. Syracuse

2: Kalani Brown
3: Katie Lou Samuelson
4: Arike Ogunbowale
5: Tierra McCowan

1st Team:
1. Sabrina Ionescu
2. Katie Lou Samuelson
3. Kalani Brown
4. Arike Ogunbowale
5. Tierra McCowan

2nd Team:
1. Asia Durr
2. Destiny Slocum
3. Napheesa Collier
4. Megan Gustafson
5. Jackie Young

3rd Team:
1. Chennedy Carter
2. Sophie Cunningham
3. Kaila Charles
4. Jessica Shepard
5. Ruthy Hebard

BONUS All-Freshman Team:
Shakira Austin
Charli Collier (Freshman of the Year)
Aquira DaCosta
Katherine Reese
Chrysten Williams

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/25/18 8:37 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Top 15

1. Notre Dame
2. Louisville
3. UConn
4. Baylor
5. Oregon
6. Mississippi State
7. Stanford
8. Oregon State
9. Georgia
10. Maryland
11. Iowa
12. North Carolina State
13. Texas
14. Arizona State
15. South Carolina

Player of the Year

MVP: Teira McCowan
2: Aisha Durr
3: Megan Gustafson
4: Sabrina Ionescu
5: Napheesa Collier

All-Americans

1st Team:
1. McCowan
2. Ionescu
3. Durr
4. Gustafson
5. Collier

2nd Team:
1. Arike Ogunbowale
2. Amber Melgoza
3. Kalani Brown
4. Sophie Cunningham
5. Ruthy Hebard

3rd Team:
1. Macy Miller
2. Darby Maggard
3. Alanna Smith
4. Katie Lou Samuelson
5. Tiana Mangakahia

Non-P5 Top 10

1. Marquette
2. DePaul
3. South Dakota State
4. South Florida
5. South Dakota
6. Central Michigan
7. Buffalo
8. Princeton
9. Villanova
10. Creighton

bballnut901

PostPosted: 10/29/18 12:19 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Top 15

1. Notre Dame
2. UCONN
3. Oregon
4. Louisville
5. Mississippi State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Texas
10. South Carolina
11. Stanford
12. Iowa
13. NC State
14. Missouri
15. Georgia

Player of the Year

MVP: KLS
2: McCowan
3: Ionescu
4: Ogunbowale

All-Americans

1st Team:
1. KLS
2. McCowan
3. Ionescu
4. Ogunbowale
5. Durr

2nd Team:
1. Collier
2. Gustafson
3. K. Brown
4. Kaila Charles
5. Slocum

3rd Team:
1. Shepard
2. Turner
3. Cox
4. Cunningham
5. Chennedy Carter[/quote)

Last edited by bballnut901 on 11/02/18 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/01/18 5:47 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

bballnut901 wrote:

Huh?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/01/18 6:33 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
bballnut901 wrote:

Huh?

Ha, it was in jest to see who recognized that player who has since transferred to a P-5 school.

bballnut901

PostPosted: 11/02/18 11:17 am    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
bballnut901 wrote:

Huh?

Whoops...meant to delete that from the original copy/paste. Fixed.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/02/18 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A reminder to all that you have until Sunday evening at 4 pm EST to submit picks. I'll tally the results with my hand in a cast after having surgery on it on Wednesday...

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 11/02/18 2:10 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

bballnut901 wrote:
Preseason Top 15

1. Notre Dame
2. UCONN
3. Oregon
4. Louisville
5. Mississippi State
6. Baylor
7. Maryland
8. Oregon State
9. Texas
10. South Carolina
11. Stanford
12. Iowa
13. NC State
14. Missouri
15. Georgia

Player of the Year

MVP: KLS
2: McCowan
3: Ionescu
4: Ogunbowale

All-Americans

1st Team:
1. KLS
2. McCowan
3. Ionescu
4. Ogunbowale
5. Durr

2nd Team:
1. Collier
2. Gustafson
3. K. Brown
4. Kaila Charles
5. Slocum

3rd Team:
1. Shepard
2. Turner
3. Cox
4. Cunningham
5. Chennedy Carter[/quote)

I am gonna steal your picks bballnut. The ones that I am not sure about which team to place are Brown and Shepard as I think Brown could move up to 1st team if Baylor does well and Oregons OOC is weak so they should receive a lower bid at tournament time and Shepard over Collier on 2nd. I would love to see Smith make one if she has improved her consistency so would switch her with Carter on 3rd.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/03/18 10:57 pm    ::: Re: Rebkell's Preseason Picks Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Top 15

1. Connecticut
2. Notre Dame
3. Baylor
4. Louisville
5. Oregon
6. Stanford
7. South Carolina
8. Maryland
9. Mississippi St.
10.Missouri
11.Oregon St.
12.Texas
13.Syracuse
14.Georgia
15.DePaul

Player of the Year

MVP: Samuelson
2:Ionescu
3:Brown
4:Durr
5:Gustafson

All-Americans

1st Team:
1.Brown
2.Gustafson
3.Samuelson
4.Durr
5.Ionescu

2nd Team:
1.McCowan
2.Anigwe
3.Cunningham
4.Ogunbowale
5.N. Collier

3rd Team:
1.Hebard
2.Charles
3.C Robinson
4.Turner
5.Shepard

Non-P5 Top 10

1.DePaul
2.South Florida
3.Central Michigan
4.Marquette
5.Gonzaga
6.Green Bay
7.South Dakota St
8.Villanova
9.Dayton
10. Quinnipiac

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/04/18 8:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Top 15

1. Notre Dame
2. UConn
3. Oregon
4. Baylor
5. Louisville
6. Miss. St.
7. Stanford
8. Maryland
9. Oregon St.
10. Texas
11. South Carolina
12. Georgia
13. NC St.
14. Missouri
15. Iowa

Player of the Year

MVP: McCowan
2: Ionescu
3: KLS
4: Arike

All-Americans

1st Team:
1. McCowan
2. Ionescu
3. KLS
4. Arike
5. Durr

2nd Team:
1. Collier
2. Shepard
3. Turner
4. Brown
5. Gustafson

3rd Team:
1. Slocum
2. Cox
3. Charles
4. Young
5. Cunningham

Honorable mention: R. Hebard, C. Robinson, C. Carter, K Anigwe, M. Cazorla

Non-P5 Top 10

1. DePaul
2. S. Florida
3. Marquette
4. S. Dakota St.
5. Green Bay
6. Buffalo
7. Gonzaga
8. Dayton
9. S. Dakota
10. Villanova

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#15 North Carolina State - 13 votes.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#14 Iowa - 24 points

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#13 Georgia - 28 Points

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#12 Missouri - 33 votes

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#11 South Carolina - 35 points

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/18 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#10 Texas - 50 points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: