RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Seattle Storm 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25256



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
where's Quinn?

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95120&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=37


thanks. I guess I'd somehow forgotten that exciting bit of news...plus she's still listed on their roster.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19881



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ouch to Paris and Langhorne....Stiff penny !


Both of them & Zellous are probably done after this season. Langhorne goes elsewhere. Zellous should retire. Don't think anyone else will overpay for Paris next year.

STORM 2020
PG: Bird/Canada
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb
SF: Clark/Mosqueda-Lewis/Howard
PF: Stewart/Magbegor
C: Howard/first round pick/Russell



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25256



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what has KML done to deserve a roster spot?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8557
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
what has KML done to deserve a roster spot?


Hid behind the curtain of a strong pedigree....



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52134



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She’s relatively cheap.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25256



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not as good as Whitcomb and $20,000 more expensive. I don't call that cheap.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52134



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/08/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That’s why I used the word “relatively” for her experience/loyalty level. Whitcomb has been in SEA a couple of years. She’s supposed to be cheap.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14809
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/09/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Not as good as Whitcomb and $20,000 more expensive. I don't call that cheap.


But both are on the team. It's not like they are giving Whitcomb's spot to KLM.


willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 746
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/09/19 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
what has KML done to deserve a roster spot?

Actually not very much. She is kind of a one trick pony. When she is not hitting her shots she is worthless. She is always a liability on defense. It's just a matter of trade-off. Is her 3pt shooting enough of a trade-off for her defensive liabilities. I am sure they have to be some 3pt shooters who bring more to the table than she does.



_________________
No one one is ever as good as their best game, nor as bad as their worst.


Last edited by willtalk on 05/09/19 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
miller40



Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1207



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird is out, likely for the season, with a knee injury.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/21/breaking-sue-bird-miss-2019-season-knee-injury/amp/?__twitter_impression=true


adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 1699
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle can’t catch a break this offseason.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21370
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always expected Seattle's injury luck to come back down to earth this year after staying so remarkably healthy last season, but losing Stewart, Bird and even Dan Hughes before the season's even started is some ridiculous regressing towards the mean.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14809
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Sue Bird is out, likely for the season, with a knee injury.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/21/breaking-sue-bird-miss-2019-season-knee-injury/amp/?__twitter_impression=true


If she's out for the season, I have to think she isn't coming back.

Sad Sad Sad


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25256



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52134



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It says 8-10 weeks, so I’m guessing they’ll carry her, but they probably have no choice since she got hurt on the job. If they also carry Stewart just to treat her nice, wouldn’t they qualify for an immediate injury exemption?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 05/21/19 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1382
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Sue Bird is out, likely for the season, with a knee injury.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/05/21/breaking-sue-bird-miss-2019-season-knee-injury/amp/?__twitter_impression=true


If she's out for the season, I have to think she isn't coming back.

Sad Sad Sad

She didn't exactly look close to retirement last year.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19881



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet this will be Bird's last season.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
canadaball



Joined: 24 May 2013
Posts: 378



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I always expected Seattle's injury luck to come back down to earth this year after staying so remarkably healthy last season, but losing Stewart, Bird and even Dan Hughes before the season's even started is some ridiculous regressing towards the mean.


Time to bring back Jenny Boo, and tank the season for a good lottery pick.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21370
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
I always expected Seattle's injury luck to come back down to earth this year after staying so remarkably healthy last season, but losing Stewart, Bird and even Dan Hughes before the season's even started is some ridiculous regressing towards the mean.


Time to bring back Jenny Boo, and tank the season for a good lottery pick.

Not really any point considering they'd be carrying the 26-8 record from last season into the calculations. You're gonna struggle to have any better than the 4th-best lottery odds however successfully you tank.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
cass



Joined: 26 May 2018
Posts: 5



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

why god why


boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 795
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm willing to bet this will be Bird's last season.


Sigh. You may be right, but I hope not. I was hoping she would do the Olympic retirement circuit, a la Catchings in 2016.

Looking for some good things from Jordin Canada this year!
cass



Joined: 26 May 2018
Posts: 5



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm willing to bet this will be Bird's last season.


Sigh. You may be right, but I hope not. I was hoping she would do the Olympic retirement circuit, a la Catchings in 2016.

Looking for some good things from Jordin Canada this year!


This is really gonna be a great year for Canada's development. Last year we were often in too close of matchups to give her proper playing time. We're going to need strong perimeter shooting & she has shown growth w/ this. Excited to see Mercedes Russell get more playing time, too! We are definitely headed into a weird season, but it'll be interesting to watch & hopefully not too painful.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52134



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d be surprised if a relatively minor injury sidelines Bird’s ambitions to go to the 2020 Olympics.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8557
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We should field a team with all players not suiting up this year lol



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
scrappy



Joined: 18 May 2006
Posts: 1804



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cass wrote:
boom*NNEKA*nneka wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'm willing to bet this will be Bird's last season.


Sigh. You may be right, but I hope not. I was hoping she would do the Olympic retirement circuit, a la Catchings in 2016.

Looking for some good things from Jordin Canada this year!


This is really gonna be a great year for Canada's development. Last year we were often in too close of matchups to give her proper playing time. We're going to need strong perimeter shooting & she has shown growth w/ this. Excited to see Mercedes Russell get more playing time, too! We are definitely headed into a weird season, but it'll be interesting to watch & hopefully not too painful.


you develop only when you are with and play with a good team/players. if you have a mediocre situation, the best you can do is better than mediocre.



_________________
She's blonde, she can block. She is 6 foot five, she can deny. Though she is tall, she definitely can score. ya'al think she is quite nice, but on the court she can put up a fight.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin