toad455 wrote:
Storm right now:

PG: Bird/Canada
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/Miller
SF: Clark/Zellous/Mosqueda-Lewis/Howard/Muldrow
PF: Stewart/Langhorne
C: Howard/Paris/Russell

No word if Tokashiki is returning?

If Stewie's injury is as bad as it looked, or even close, they would probably really like to have Tok back.
I'm kinda rooting for Muldrow to make the team, and I guess her chances went up a bit, but it's pretty unlikely. She's really an undersized 4 rather than a 3.

In post game announcer said it was torn achilles....ugh

toad455

PostPosted: 04/14/19 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm without Stewart:

PF: Langhorne

Storm have too many SFs and not enough PFs. Maybe a trade could be worked out? KML for ???? Or maybe they ask Tokashiki to come back?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/14/19 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good thing they kept Langhorne. Maybe now they’ll talk Magbegor into coming this season. Or maybe this locks Howard Jr into a job and they play a little small.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/14/19 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/14/19 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

0 chance the Storm repeat this year now. No Stewie makes Seattle a subpar team.

craigmont

PostPosted: 04/14/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh, what a disaster.

Lack of significant injury losses was a big factor in the Storm's success last year. Looks like that luck is evening out in a big way.

toad455

PostPosted: 04/14/19 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

their bench is subpar. They still have 5 solid starters. Still thinking they ask Magbegor to come over now or see if Tokashiki is interested in returning.

willtalk

PostPosted: 04/14/19 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Storm without Stewart:

PF: Langhorne

Storm have too many SFs and not enough PFs. Maybe a trade could be worked out? KML for ???? Or maybe they ask Tokashiki to come back?
Who would give anything for KML. The only reason she is still on the Storm is that they over drafted her. Once she is off her rookie salary she is sure to be cut.

PostPosted: 04/14/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:

They still have arguably the WNBA's best player/biggest superstar in Natasha Howard, which means I'll be outraged when she wins MVP and leads the Storm to the Finals again. Mad

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 04/14/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wow, sad news about Stewie. Her getting drafted was what got me into the W. I wish her the best and a speedy recovery.

I'm not well-versed in sports injuries, but I'm getting the impression that if it's a torn Achilles we won't see her back this season?

I could see N. Howard stepping up even more than she did last year, but agree that it'll be difficult to repeat without Stewie.

Perhaps it'll give Russell or a rookie some more time to play and develop. My preference would be to see that than to see Tokashiki back or KML getting a bigger role, honestly. They're perfectly fine but I think we've seen of what those two are capable and it doesn't excite me.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 04/14/19 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Stewie get hurt overseas?

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 04/14/19 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Did Stewie get hurt overseas?

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/report-breanna-stewart-suffers-lower-leg-injury-playing-in-euroleague/

toad455

PostPosted: 04/14/19 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just speculation, but maybe they start Paris instead of Langhorne?

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 04/14/19 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn so sad for her Crying or Very sad

And in her very last game too right?

Fuck.

Last edited by threadkiller1201 on 04/14/19 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 04/14/19 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wishing Stewart a speedy recovery.

But damn, the possibility of Seattle ending up with the 3rd/4th pick in next years draft.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd wait until there is an official word. I doubt there has been an x-ray or MRI yet, so any diagnosis seems premature. No matter what I wish here a speedy recovery.

TigerVol

PostPosted: 04/14/19 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I'd wait until there is an official word. I doubt there has been an x-ray or MRI yet, so any diagnosis seems premature. No matter what I wish here a speedy recovery.

Honestly if it is a rupture they know without imaging. Foot is floppy and you can feel the... Gap...where the tendon should be.

But you are right. Will need imaging to know degree is rupture or to diagnose if it isnt.

Bummed for Stewie regardless.

PostPosted: 04/14/19 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Oh. Magbegor not reporting until 2020. I guess it makes sense, since she's only 19.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/seattle-storm-select-australian-forward-ezi-magbegor-with-no-12-pick-in-wnba-draft/

I wouldn't be against "Sucking for Sabrina" in 2019... Then go for it in 2020 Idea Twisted Evil

Magbegor is young and athletic, with a lot of potential and upside.

That being said, much like Fran Fraschilla said in 2014 about Bruno Caboclo, Ezi is "two years away from being two years away."

For a team that is contending now or that has an aging core trying to make a last run at the WNBA title (e.g., Phoenix), a player like Magbegor made no sense.

On the other hand, Seattle, as the defending WNBA champs with a young core, can afford to do a draft and stash while using free agency to upgrade parts of its roster for 2019.

I know all about Bruno Caboclo... Idea

He was a key contibutor to my NBA Fantasy team for the final 3 weeks! (Lost Deandre Ayton and Jusuf Nurkić and had to depend on FA pickups) Thanks again Bruno!
Mr. Green Arrow

Yeah, it's a nice coincidence that you mentioned Bruno Caboclo, because I was just thinking about that "two years away from being two years away" quote too for a number of players... 'The Walking Great Wall', for instance..
Idea

But with Breanna Stewart going down... All my optimism for a repeat in 2019 is now completely out the window... Shocked

So even if the odds of getting her are low... maybe go back to mantra of "Suck for the Oregon Duck"? Question Confused

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 04/14/19 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/14/19 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If Stewie's injury is as bad as it looked, or even close, they would probably really like to have Tok back.
I'm kinda rooting for Muldrow to make the team, and I guess her chances went up a bit, but it's pretty unlikely. She's really an undersized 4 rather than a 3.

It looked pretty bad to me... Shocked

Stewart's left foot landed on Griner, turning her left ankle, but then on the floor, she's holding her right knee and right ankle... So maybe the injury happened on the stop-jump, not the landing... Confused Hope you get Better Breanna! Exclamation

NYSports56

PostPosted: 04/15/19 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, Seattle fans. I really enjoyed watching and appreciating Breanna in the playoffs and finals. At least you have the championship! And she will be back eventually.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/15/19 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
myrtle wrote:

It looked pretty bad to me... Shocked

Stewart's left foot landed on Griner, turning her left ankle, but then on the floor, she's holding her right knee and right ankle... So maybe the injury happened on the stop-jump, not the landing... Confused Hope you get Better Breanna! Exclamation

Yeah if you watch the replay you can see her right foot turn inwards a bit on her jumpshot. There you can also see the pain on her face. The landing was the least of her problems

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Ugh, what a disaster.

Lack of significant injury losses was a big factor in the Storm's success last year. Looks like that luck is evening out in a big way.

Is this kinda how it always went with LJ? Win a championship, she gets injured, Storm suck, LJ returns, wins a championship, LJ gets injured, Storm suck. Hopefully this isn’t how Stewart’s run with the Storm is going to go too.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

their bench is subpar. They still have 5 solid starters. Still thinking they ask Magbegor to come over now or see if Tokashiki is interested in returning.

Can’t win a championship with just 5 solid starters and no bench. Plus their starters aren’t all solid. Clark and Loyd are not consistent. Bird is another year older. Remember what happened to Whalen last year when she stayed one year too long?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

They still have arguably the WNBA's best player/biggest superstar in Natasha Howard, which means I'll be outraged when she wins MVP and leads the Storm to the Finals again. Mad

Howard had ONE good season in the W. She also benefited greatly playing beside Stewart who drew all the defense. She’ll come back down to Earth this season with a loud thump.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 04/15/19 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Reigning WNBA MVP and Seattle Storm forward Breanna Stewart reportedly suffered a torn Achilles while playing for Russian club Dynamo Kursk in the EuroLeague Final Four championship game on Sunday, according to WNBAinsidr."

https://www.si.com/wnba/2019/04/14/breanna-stewart-torn-achilles-euroleague-championship-game

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 04/15/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Waiting for official word...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12

Jump to: