Reserved
Russell
Tokashiki

Draft Picks

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/13/18 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 09/12/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quinn is done. Langhorne opts to go elsewhere, likely to team she can start on(Chicago? Phoenix?). Tokashiki returns?

PG: Bird/Canada
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/#12 pick
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Tokashiki
C: Howard/Paris/Russell

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Best question is how can they screw it up. Maybe Bird gets some of Whalen's off season training table tips? Howard reverts to the Cheryl Reeve image of her? Stewart decides she want to go home to where is it? (NY I think.) Loyd plays all year like she has lately? They fire Hughes and bring back Boucek? Hire Reeve as a GM?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This year is such an outlier in her career that I would be surprised to see Howard match it next year. History isn't particularly kind to players who win MIP.

It's not hard to see a scenario where she takes a notable step back and age catches up with Bird. Stewart and Loyd will win your a lot of games, but I could see the team slipping a bit next year.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Best question is how can they screw it up.

Injury is about the only thing. They’re in the catBird’s seat. With 9 players signed at $783K, they can sign #12 at around $43K, a reserve like Russell at around the same price, leaving enough left over to sign the 12th player for up to around max.

Randy wrote:
Stewart decides she want to go home to where is it? (NY I think.)

Don’t give toad any ideas. He’ll start repeating Syracuse as an expansion site possibility.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They could use another guard for sure. Sue was great this year, but how many more years? And without her on the floor, the team faltered. And Loyd seems to be on again/off again. We'll see if Canada does a Plum and makes a big step up next year. Otherwise they are still looking for their PG of the future. It's also looking like it's time to move on from the KML experiment. They kept her long enough that not too many will notice another high draft pick that went nowhere when she rides quietly off into the sunset.

and after winning a 'ship perhaps they will get the destination tag for a FA

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
They could use another guard for sure. Sue was great this year, but how many more years?

We'll see if Canada does a Plum and makes a big step up next year. Otherwise they are still looking for their PG of the future.

Not being patient with the PG position? Canada seemed ahead of Plum last year.

myrtle wrote:
It's also looking like it's time to move on from the KML experiment. They kept her long enough that not too many will notice another high draft pick that went nowhere when she rides quietly off into the sunset.

They got her to sign pretty cheap for what will be her 5th year. I wonder if they gave her a guaranteed contract. I’d be surprised if they moved on from her after signing her to an extension.

cass

PostPosted: 09/12/18 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Quinn is done. Langhorne opts to go elsewhere, likely to team she can start on(Chicago? Phoenix?). Tokashiki returns?

PG: Bird/Canada
SG: Loyd/Whitcomb/#12 pick
SF: Clark/KML
PF: Stewart/Tokashiki
C: Howard/Paris/Russell

I feel like we kind of have a best case scenario here. Langhorne was an asset in a few matchups throughout the season where Howard struggled with height, I think, but she was so rusty coming off the bench at times that it negated that. I'm excited to see Russell develop and Paris was the perfect paint blockade at times. Quinn will be good to get off the roster tho if Canada's shooting doesn't improve we are going to need another point guard in 2045. Kind of hoping Tokashiki doesn't come back...

IDK what this talk is about Howard being an elderly woman who won't be performing at this level ever again. I think she is a steady and stable piece for this organization and MIP really isn't any kind of a curse.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/12/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah have to agree Howard blew up because she had all the pieces and just need the time to put them together and the coach/situation to let her shine.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/12/18 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pick #12 possibilities

guards/wings
Mabrey, Kea, M. Moore, Cunningham, Bell, Carzola, Laska, Higgs

(Maybes) Sheppard, Turner, Anigwe, Magbegor (one could fall to 12) (likely) Gustafason, Jennings, Robinson

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/13/18 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there any trade market for Paris or KLM?

If not I see them both with the Storm next season.

They didn't get a lot of minutes in the playoffs but did make some contributions in the regular season.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/13/18 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If people don't have faith in Canada would

the #12 pick be enough to get Jefferson?

LV does not have a 2nd round pick, and might even be able to pick Ionescu at #1 if she declares so I doubt Laimbeer has too much use for Jefferson in the long run. Even if LV goes big at #1 I don't see BL keeping Jefferson and he has L. Allen as a very reliable back up to Plum. There should be some decent options at #12

Hughes originally drafted Jefferson, Uconn connection and chemistry with Stewie. Another year away from injury Jefferson might be closer to her old self than current self?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/13/18 5:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pointguards most of the time dont play well in the first year. Im not ready to give up on her. Lets see how she does next season and hopefully the year after she will be ready if Bird will decide that that is her last season.
Dont forget she stepped up big time during the series with Phoenix.

Canada looks to me like a player that will work her butt of this offseason to improve her game and her shooting. Playing overseas will also help improve her decisionmaking because she was often all over the place.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 09/13/18 5:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle should target Copper, Alexander, and Ndour.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Hmm.... suggesting moves for the future. You know what that means.

Alexander recently injured her knee, and it’s taking her out of the World Cup. Haven’t seen anything about the extent of the injury yet.

I don’t know if Ndour adds anything more than Langhorne. Should SEA core and trade Langhorne for Ndour? I dunno.... Langhorne seemed very engaged despite being mostly on the bench. She probably adds more to the team more than people realize. We’ll see how it goes. If SEA lets Langhorne walk, I’m sure she could have a few suitors in MIN, CHI, or PHX.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see SEA ride the current squad with the #12 pick bumping Quinn. They can have their choice of a few dandy guards at #12.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/13/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we keep this team together and stay healthy again I can see us making another finals appearance, and winning it all again.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Hmm.... suggesting moves for the future. You know what that means.

Alexander recently injured her knee, and it’s taking her out of the World Cup. Haven’t seen anything about the extent of the injury yet.

I don’t know if Ndour adds anything more than Langhorne. Should SEA core and trade Langhorne for Ndour? I dunno.... Langhorne seemed very engaged despite being mostly on the bench. She probably adds more to the team more than people realize. We’ll see how it goes. If SEA lets Langhorne walk, I’m sure she could have a few suitors in MIN, CHI, or PHX.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see SEA ride the current squad with the #12 pick bumping Quinn. They can have their choice of a few dandy guards at #12.

One thing is for sure - they won't be trading Howard for the chance to exchange draft positions with the Lynx. Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toad mentioned Tokashiki. I suppose it’s a real possibility she may want to return, but the addition of Howard would put her deeper on the bench than what she was used to. But from SEA’s perspective, Tokashiki would be a fairly cheap add seeing that it would only be her fourth year in the WNBA. I’ll list her as a reserve until more is learned about her status.

Quote:
“Ramu has informed us of her intent to prepare and focus on her Japan National Team commitments this year,” said Storm President & GM Alisha Valavanis. “We support her decision and look forward to her return.”

http://storm.wnba.com/news/ramu-tokashiki-miss-2018-wnba-season/

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/13/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
If we keep this team together and stay healthy again I can see us making another finals appearance, and winning it all again.

No doubt a good possibility, but personally, I would like SEA to get a bit taller... Insurance for dealing with the BG, JJ, LC, CP and Fowles in the league Idea

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/13/18 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

No doubt a good possibility, but personally, I would like SEA to get a bit taller... Insurance for dealing with the BG, JJ, LC, CP and Fowles in the league Idea

I’d like to see how Mercedes does after a season on an overseas team. But yeah we need to get another tall player.

PostPosted: 09/14/18 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://breakingt.com/collections/featured-breakingt-shirts/products/threeattle-shirt-seattle-championship

PostPosted: 09/17/18 4:38 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2019 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Approx Salaries

Total.......783K

If you are going to post the player's salaries, you should post a link to the source so that everyone can see it.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/17/18 5:44 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2019 Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Approx Salaries

Total.......783K

If you are going to post the player's salaries, you should post a link to the source so that everyone can see it.

It was posted before in another thread. It's Megdal's salary spreadsheet.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=94973&highlight=salary+hack

Shades

PostPosted: 11/02/18 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird with a small acting part. It wasn’t bad.
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1058108494576926720/vid/1280x720/2dLnOrYewIQTY0mz.mp4

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/11/18 3:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren has another bun in the oven Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: