36%
 36%  [ 18 ]
Mystics
63%
 63%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 49

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Seattle Storm organization, players and their fans for their third crown. They were the best team from beginning to end.

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:
Honestly, this championship was decided on August 7th

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

What happened on August 7th?

That's when Angel McCoughtry got hurt

Sancho Lyttle has something she’d like to say about that...

Congrats to Seattle. Incredible season by them. So..so..happy for Sue Bird. I will be surprised if this team isn’t better next year.

The main ingredient that determines playoff hopes and championships: injuries.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/12/18 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Congratulations to the Seattle Storm organization, players and their fans for their third crown. They were the best team from beginning to end.

x__________________

go granny sue

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Stop hating/trolling. This is not the time to be a sore loser

Stop hating? Why don't you cut off both of my hands, and tell me to learn how to write with my feet, while you're at it?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howard is not comfortable doing the post game presser

Yeah that was pretty hilarious Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howard is not comfortable doing the post game presser

She should consider returning to the Lynx, where she wouldn’t have to worry about being in the spotlight.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 09/13/18 2:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Seattle Storm.

Stewart and Howard were magnificent on both sides of the ball. Bird is the best team leader and clutch shot maker in the league. Clark really stepped her game up this postseason. She played great defense, rebounded the basketball and hit some timely shots. Playing overseas with Beard had a positive impact on Clark's overall game......I said Seattle would not win a Championship with Loyd being their 2nd best player, and I was right...Loyd was the 5th best Seattle player during the playoffs...But to be fair, Loyd was great in gm 1,and in the 2nd half of gm 2....And great job by Coach Hughes.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 09/13/18 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle was a joy to watch. The Mystics really played much better than anyone expected this year and should be proud.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Tell you what, watching this series should be telling GMs that the model they should be looking for is tall, long players who can shoot from the outside, pass, make reads and switch on D. Teams find it really hard to play against switching man and cover those types of players. The Wallowing BIGS have become dinosaurs.

Maybe that narrative will be spread enough in the WBB media, that the wallowing two big dinosaurs in the upcoming draft stock will drop. Wink

Those two big dinosaurs WILL be lottery picks. PERIOD.

I think they will too. To make the small ball thing really work you have to have a bunch of good 3 point shooters,a good point guard and good defense. Not many teams have all that.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/13/18 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle was the better team, nice job

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/13/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The best team is often the healthiest team ...

Seattle qualifies on both counts -- and I always like it when the best team over the course of the season validates that achievement by winning the playoffs.

Sure, things could have gone differently if Lyttle/McCoughtry/EDD hadn't been hurt, but all Seattle could do was play well and win games -- and the Storm did just that.

Congrats to Dan Hughes, though many say Sue Bird coached the team. He's a nice guy and credit should be given.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sami's a ledge Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/13/18 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
Tell you what, watching this series should be telling GMs that the model they should be looking for is tall, long players who can shoot from the outside, pass, make reads and switch on D. Teams find it really hard to play against switching man and cover those types of players. The Wallowing BIGS have become dinosaurs.

Maybe that narrative will be spread enough in the WBB media, that the wallowing two big dinosaurs in the upcoming draft stock will drop. Wink

I think they will too. To make the small ball thing really work you have to have a bunch of good 3 point shooters,a good point guard and good defense. Not many teams have all that.

I mean it has been a whole year since Sylvia Fowles led her team to the title, winning both regular season and finals MVP.

Last edited by PUmatty on 09/13/18 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 09/13/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

I mean it has been a whole years since Sylvia Fowles led her team to the title, winning both regular season and finals MVP.

There are lots of ways to skin that cat

PostPosted: 09/13/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

She is, an unsung hero that added her own dagger 3’s. We hit 13 3’s and Mystics hit only 8.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

She is, an unsung hero that added her own dagger 3’s. We hit 13 3’s and Mystics hit only 8.

Too bad she wasn't wired then. I would imagine she said something like Die you female Dingoes.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/13/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Congrats to Dan Hughes, though many say Sue Bird coached the team. He's a nice guy and credit should be given.

On one hand, I'm more likely to give credit to the Compiler than I am to Dan Hughes; not impressed by his coaching in particular.

On the other hand, I would have guessed that anybody could have coached a healthy Seattle team, at least to the Finals, except that Jenny Boucek pretty much proved that wrong last year, unless you think that Howard is so much better than Tokashki that just that one switch is the difference between first-round-and-out and champion.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/13/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Where's the small ball, didn't look like small ball to me Laughing Looked like big time ball WNBA champs to me. There is a difference between long ball though and thats what Seattle has both on the perimeter and in pace and defense. The 2 college BIGS have nothing in common with that type of game Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BgDIZpYbFaU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2OmR-qsMDU8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/18 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GxRIKw_RWGI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B66RslOBy9o" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/13/18 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue was asked if invited to the White House would she go, she said “no, but they probably wouldn’t get invited anyway, so it works out” 😂

PostPosted: 09/13/18 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thinking about how injuries have affected the teams this year...

If it wasn't for an injury to Crystal Langhorne early in the season and her having to miss those (4?5?) games, then Howard doesn't start later in season...

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/13/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No more games. Thanks a lot, EDD, et al. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 09/13/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
ClayK wrote:

On one hand, I'm more likely to give credit to the Compiler than I am to Dan Hughes; not impressed by his coaching in particular.

On the other hand, I would have guessed that anybody could have coached a healthy Seattle team, at least to the Finals, except that Jenny Boucek pretty much proved that wrong last year, unless you think that Howard is so much better than Tokashki that just that one switch is the difference between first-round-and-out and champion.

I mean, Howard kinda is that big of a difference, well at least for Seattle. Tok always had tons of potential but was never great defensively, got into her own head a ton so was inconsistent offensively, and jesus, was she timid on the boards. I loved her as a player and her mid range shot was wet, but Howard filled two of Seattle's biggest holes. A good rebounder and a long body to help on D. Even better, Howard has better range than both Tok and Lang, allowing more spacing. More spacing on a team that was already big on three's is only more dangerous.

On top of that, having another playmaker in Jordin Canada was pretty huge too. Seattle needed someone to manage the bench and find a way to score in the even that KML or Sammi aren't making shots. Not to mention her defensive capabilities.

The Storm GM really did a great job of building this team. I could see it happening from the time I started watching the W (hence the fandom) as the loaded up on athletic smart passers that could shoot 3s. I just didn't imagine the rebuild would be this smooth and fast. Good on her.

PostPosted: 09/14/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so happy for Seattle! Awesome team ball! They may indeed have the best fan base in the league. It was beautiful to watch people from every walk of life up and passionately cheering during their playoff home games! So great to be reminded of how much the sport is truly loved and to see that the love for it is growing! Everyone won't love it, but so many of us do!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: