RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Kavanaugh Hearings: This is a good spoof
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 09/30/18 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kavanaugh was ‘heavy drinker,’ ‘often belligerent’ at Yale, NC State professor says

Quote:
“For the fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. I know, because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer,” Ludington said.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/01/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Equating Brett Kavanaugh to Emmitt Till is beyond disgusting....

Last I checked, both men were accused of rape without a shred of evidence.

Last I checked, ONE of them was truly innocent AND not vying for a seat on the nation's highest law of the land. No one is dangling Brett's life over his head, simply questioning the validity of having a liar on the court. Your Deplorabiity is, as always, Truly First Class. Laughing

Last I checked you know absolutely nothing. Which is always the case when you try to argue facts on here. If you want to believe what you're told, in spite of a total lack of evidence and credibility that flies in the face of refuted evidence under sworn oath, then that's your problem. I would change my tune in a second if presented with any proof whatsover that this actually happened. Until then, they "report" and you believe, but only what you choose to. Which is whatever you're told to believe.

Last edited by Stonington_QB on 10/01/18 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/01/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The GOP wimps (Collins, Murkowsky, Flake) have now got their cover- a "limited in scope", less-than-a-week FBI investigation.

Whine about that all you want, but that was a bipartisan deal made between Jeff Flake and Chris Coons. So while the Democrats and their base were getting their panties all wadded up over a lack of an investigation (while holding out for 6 weeks in the meantime), the Republicans crossed the aisle and made a deal. Lo and behold, you're still going to cry about it. And nobody is going to care.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/01/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
The GOP wimps (Collins, Murkowsky, Flake) have now got their cover- a "limited in scope", less-than-a-week FBI investigation.

Whine about that all you want, but that was a bipartisan deal made between Jeff Flake and Chris Coons. So while the Democrats and their base were getting their panties all wadded up over a lack of an investigation (while holding out for 6 weeks in the meantime), the Republicans crossed the aisle and made a deal. Lo and behold, you're still going to cry about it. And nobody is going to care.

The President's lawyer, McGahn, a friend of Kavanaugh limited the FBI investigation to talking to just 4 people. Clearly, he wanted a farce investigation. That 4-person farce may or may not have been lifted due to pressure from Flake and the Democrats. Limiting the investigation to less than a week also shows that the Republicans fear it might uncover something, particularly the fact that Kavanaugh did a lot of lying under oath. Which is why it is also allegedly to not include investigations into Kavanaugh's heavy drinking. I would imagine that all the lies Kavanaugh told about the slang in his yearbook are also off limits by direction from McGahn. Particularly the ridiculous claim that the boys listing themselves as "Renate Alumnius" and "Renate Alumni" were due to friendship. ""You need a date / and it's getting late / so don't hesitate / to call Renate."

Lying to Congress is a federal crime, so it is imperative that the Republicans/McGahn/Trump limit what the FBI tries to find out about Kavanaugh who lied in his testimony.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Again, you lack knowledge of procedure. The Republicans control the hearings. There is no "bi-partisan".

Your seemingly brainwashed MAGA head can't see this investigation for what it is- window dressing, to give Flake, Murkowsky, and Collins the cover to say to your brainwashed brethren- "Judge Kavanaugh passed a thorough FBI investigation."

Kavanaugh has lied many times under oath. His nomination should have been withdrawn for that reason alone. Throw his obvious partisanship, lack of emotional control, petulance, and belligerence into the mix- the guy is a hack.

McConnell knew this guy was dirty months ago and told Chump to avoid him. But we all know Chump needs Kavanaugh in order to avoid paying for his crimes.

Indeed, Chump may have a thing for fellow sexual predators.

PostPosted: 10/04/18 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love to see this charade FBI investigation and Trump's mocking of Blasey Ford at the rally hurt the Republicans big in November. but since this all took place, Five Thirty-Eight has raised the chances for the GOP. They still predict they will lose control of the house. but their chance at retaining it was below 20 recently and is now 24.5%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/house/

Likewise, they show their chances of retaining the Senate actually increasing since these proceedings started:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-midterm-election-forecast/senate/?ex_cid=midterms-header

My guess is that Democrats were already fired up and the Kavanaugh hearing actually got Republicans more motivated to vote. Somehow a woman accusing a rich heavy drinking frat boy of sexual assault fired them up. Many must feel that she was paid or encouraged by the Democrats to make the allegation. I don't know how they rationalize the prior mention of it to her therapist.

PRballer

PostPosted: 10/04/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

You’re last sentence is perhaps the most flawed - many, many ppl care.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/06/18 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Articles about how the Kavanaugh hearing has actually helped Republicans:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/midterms-kavanaugh-heitkamp-cramer-democrats-senate.html

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/10/kavanaugh-hearings-republican-women-voter-turnout.html

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a joke this entire process has been.

I had a 70 year old woman tell me yesterday how impressive Susan Collins speech was. She kept going on and on about how great it was and what a great thing BKs confirmation was.

Then she went on to say what a horrible thing the Blasey Ford accusation was. Kept saying how far back can we go and consider an accusation valid.

It was a sad day for America. An obvious liar will be appointed to SCOTUS.

Seriously, there needs to be more than a simple majority for an appointment to SCOTUS.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/18 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Murkowski is voting "present" instead of no.

Would this be a good strategy for any dem that is in a re-election this year?

Reason that I'm asking is that Joe Donnelly is in a battle with the low-life Braun. I'm sure that the commercial is already made and just waiting for the video of Donnelly voting no today and will be on air by morning.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what ($$$$$$$) the state of Maine will get in exchange for Collins vote.

I can't believe that she didn't self-combust while making that speech yesterday.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/06/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
It will be interesting to see what ($$$$$$$) the state of Maine will get in exchange for Collins vote.

I can't believe that she didn't self-combust while making that speech yesterday.

Someone should have knocked that ole shakey ass bee off the stage yesterday. The Dems should heavily fund the candidate who will run against her in the next election. Get her ass out of there.

PostPosted: 10/06/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Someone should have knocked that ole shakey ass bee off the stage yesterday. The Dems should heavily fund the candidate who will run against her in the next election. Get her ass out of there.

Someone posed the question on Twitter about who will run against her. Susan Rice tweeted out in response, "Me".

PostPosted: 10/06/18 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Someone posed the question on Twitter about who will run against her. Susan Rice tweeted out in response, "Me".

I would be all for that, but last night Chris Cuomo stated that she backed off.

PostPosted: 10/06/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

$3M in donations for an opponent.

Quote:
But while Collins spoke on the Senate floor and explained why she would be voting for Kavanaugh, people angry over her decision were donating cash to defeat her in her next election.

More than $50,000 was given over the course of her nearly 45-minute speech, bringing the total raised on an online crowdfunding campaign to defeat Collins in her 2020 election to more than $3 million as of 7 p.m.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/05/susan-collins-yes-kavanaugh-leaves-2-million-donated-opponent/1537749002/

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/06/18 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Sad

PostPosted: 10/06/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Sad

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/05/susan-rice-hints-susan-collins-challenge-amid-brett-kavanaugh-vote/1537560002/

Quote:
Many thanks for the encourgement. I’m not making any announcements. Like so many Americans, I am deeply disappointed in Senator Collins’ vote for Kavanaugh. Maine and America deserve better.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/18 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happened in 2013.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=78646&highlight=nuclear+option

😢

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/06/18 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what order will the following now be overturned:

Roe v. Wade
DACA
LGBTQ Rights 🏳️‍🌈

PostPosted: 10/06/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, what college will be the first to have the misfortune of having him as commencement speaker?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/06/18 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The most disappointed person in America over the Kavanaugh confirmation vote is:

Judge Amy Coney Barrett.

Senator McConnell just said that he and President Trump had agreed that, if Kavanaugh lost the vote, another candidate would have immediately been nominated and pushed through for confirmation before the end of the year. It's almost certain that Barrett would have been the candidate, and she's more conservative and seven years younger than Kavanaugh. The progressives dodged a bullet by getting Bush moderate Brett on the bench.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Reason that I'm asking is that Joe Donnelly is in a battle with the low-life Braun. I'm sure that the commercial is already made and just waiting for the video of Donnelly voting no today and will be on air by morning.

Didn't take long. I'm thinking that I'll write them all a letter about my connections to the republican party of IN and how I will now, until the day I die, vote a straight ticket democrat.

Braun's statement (can't stand this little prick):
Quote:
Voting against Judge Kavanaugh today is just the latest example of Senator Donnelly saying one thing to Hoosiers and then doing another in Washington. Instead of joining Hoosiers in supporting Kavanaugh, Senator Donnelly joined the Democrat media circus to smear and obstruct President Trump's nominee. I am thrilled the Senate has confirmed Judge Kavanaugh, and look forward to the great work he will do to protect our Constitution on the Supreme Court.“ - Mike Braun

Indiana Republican Party Chairman Kyle Hupfer released the following statement about Donnelly's vote and Kavanaugh's confirmation:
Quote:
“Today, Democrat obstruction came to a screeching halt. The resistance efforts of Joe Donnelly and his Democrat pals failed. Judge Brett Kavanaugh will be a U.S. Supreme Court Justice, and it’s no thanks to Democrat Joe Donnelly.

The Republican National Committee believes Donnelly's 'no' vote will hurt him in the November election. Spokesperson Michael Joyce released this statement:
Quote:
Today, Joe Donnelly sided with the circus that is the Democrat Party by voting against Judge Brett Kavanaugh. The disgraceful way in which Democrats behaved over this confirmation process makes it clear that their party is only focused on obstruction and resistance no matter how foolish it makes them look. Voters will remember how Donnelly conducted himself when they go to the polls next month.”

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/braun-calls-donnelly-s-no-vote-a-betrayal-to-hoosiers/1503444679

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/06/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The asshole in the White House says that anyone that made "false statements" against BK should be held liable.

Quote:
Trump, talking with Fox News' Jeanine Pirro, said he hated watching the slew of sexual assault allegations grow against Kavanaugh and dubbed all the accusations "fabrications" with "not a bit of truth."

"I think that they should be held liable," Trump told Pirro. "You can't go around and whether it's making up stories or making false statements about such an important position, you can't do that. You can destroy somebody's life."

Avenatti's comments:

Quote:
Avenatti, in an interview with USA TODAY, said it was despicable that Trump and others, including members of the media, would call his client's claims false without first investigating them. Swetnick was not interviewed by the FBI in its investigation of Kavanaugh.

Quote:
"Donald Trump is the most dishonest individual to ever hold the office of President of the United States," Avenatti said. "He is the last person in the nation that should be accusing other people of engaging in falsehoods."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/10/06/donald-trump-says-false-kavanaugh-accusers-should-held-liable/1553636002/

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/07/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Roe v. Wade
DACA
LGBTQ Rights 🏳️‍🌈

Affirmative action is likely to be first.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 10/08/18 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Roe v. Wade
DACA
LGBTQ Rights 🏳️‍🌈

Affirmative action is likely to be first.

None of the above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: