RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Holy crap, Sue Bird wrote a novel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/07/18 5:13 pm    ::: Holy crap, Sue Bird wrote a novel Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sue-bird-seattle-storm

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/07/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think what you meant to say was: "So Bird Wrote a F*cking Novel". Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
I’m not picking my nose. Apparently I’ve been caught with my finger up my nose a bunch of times since the mask came back?? How awful. But listen: you’re just going to have to pardon my fake nose-picking for the time being. If it makes you feel better, though, I promise it’s not actual boogers. It’s that there’s blood in there, because of the broken nose, and I’ve got to get it out. In conclusion: SUE BIRD DENIES ALL NOSE-PICKING ALLEGATIONS. The defense rests!!

It all started here:

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=95073&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's so smart, and so articulate, and so witty - the only bad thing about how long she's sticking around as an exceptional basketball player is that it's cutting into her time to be great at whatever the hell she wants to do next. Coaching, broadcasting, writing, business, politics - I honestly feel like she's likely to be successful in the next field as well, whatever it might be. There aren't many people around the basketball world with as much potential as she has to be something beyond a basketball player.

PostPosted: 09/07/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
She's so smart, and so articulate, and so witty - the only bad thing about how long she's sticking around as an exceptional basketball player is that it's cutting into her time to be great at whatever the hell she wants to do next. Coaching, broadcasting, writing, business, politics - I honestly feel like she's likely to be successful in the next field as well, whatever it might be. There aren't many people around the basketball world with as much potential as she has to be something beyond a basketball player.

She'll have to lay off the f*cking F-bombs! Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy must not have ever heard Bird doing color commentary. Not very good.... as bad as one of those college kid wannabes. Those Bird’s Nest skits she does for the Storm are excruciatingly bad.... might not be all her fault, but her skills couldn’t override the low production values. I’m not nearly as effusive about Bird as Richyyy. Now if that was Maya you were talking about (and it sounded like you could have been talking about her), I’d be all in. Maya’s the Oprah of women’s basketball.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/07/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Sue (and Maya too,tbh) are totally that type of person that is really good at everything.

IMO, it’s also not an accident that three players that every player who is both in the conversation for “best of all time” and has played long term with Bird - thinks the world of her.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awesome article Sue, she is right, guys who play basketball appreciate the women”s game. I like the “men who can’t play basketball are the ones who hate women’s basketball”

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Now if that was Maya you were talking about (and it sounded like you could have been talking about her), I’d be all in. Maya’s the Oprah of women’s basketball.

How much does Maya pay you to massage her butt cheeks as hard as you do? Cool

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/08/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Quote:
Now if that was Maya you were talking about (and it sounded like you could have been talking about her), I’d be all in. Maya’s the Oprah of women’s basketball.

Tbh i find Maya pretty boring in interviews etc.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fun read, and god bless sue for NOT writing "Stewie literally carried us." Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Quote:

Tbh i find Maya pretty boring in interviews etc.

I do as well, but she’s “Oprah”. Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/08/18 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, Maya's media-trained within an inch of her life. Bird's at least been around long enough to let a little bit of personality peek through at this point.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya seems polite, but like if you went and stayed with her for a weekend, church would be mandatory.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Yeah, Maya's media-trained within an inch of her life. Bird's at least been around long enough to let a little bit of personality peek through at this point.

She’s been like that since she was 18 at Uconn. She’s boring. But she’s great at everything.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: