Storm
68%
 68%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 35

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/09/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Now THAT''S a Finals game! Wow. I think we have a series. The Mystics showed that they're not in the finals for nothing.

They figured out how to defend the Storm in 2nd Quarter and won it 25-11.

In the 3rd quarter the Storm couldn't contest a shot without getting whistled, so you can save the whining about the refs.

If the Mystics lose, Mystics fans blame it on the refs. They've don't that for a looonnnnnggg time.

Ha, you caught me pre-edit. While I'm at it, the Storm got hacked while shooting in the paint plenty of times in that same quarter without a call. So it goes both ways.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/09/18 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

No you didn’t there were missed calls on both sides. I say the replay no one fouled her.

https://twitter.com/WNBA_Intel/status/1038907142781067264
You're tripping even more than Bird

Look at it in video, that arm isn't touching Toliver.

what about the knee and grandma sneaker?

- Amanda Gorman
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/09/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

No you didn’t there were missed calls on both sides. I say the replay no one fouled her.

Video again. That would have been pretty ticky-tack IMO.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/09/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
myrtle wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

then you should think the one they called at the other end was pretty ticky-tack as well.

And I don't have a dog in this race. Just that I would like it called the same way at both ends. And Washington blew many chances before this - but we always remember the calls (good or bad) that happen right at the end.

- Amanda Gorman
scrappy

PostPosted: 09/10/18 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=24628231

the storm got away with one, the mystics got robbed.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 2:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missed free throws, man, gotta clean that up! 9 missed free throws!

Go Storm ! Smile

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/10/18 5:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I dont think that the Mystics are going to shoot 4 on 21 from behind the arc again. Or Toliver 1 of 8 from 3. So i think this game 2 will be a lot closer.

Birdy is going to rock the granny shoes Laughing Laughing

https://twitter.com/Kickstradomis/status/1037484248209342465

I believed you then they go 0-16 from 3 Embarassed

PostPosted: 09/10/18 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TRP on defense MAN is she good , but then she had to play offense Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/10/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
craigmont wrote:
myrtle wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

then you should think the one they called at the other end was pretty ticky-tack as well.

And I don't have a dog in this race. Just that I would like it called the same way at both ends. And Washington blew many chances before this - but we always remember the calls (good or bad) that happen right at the end.

Yeah the knee and the reach from behind trying to slap away the ball both could be called as a foul. But tbh it was a pretty bad possession for the Mystics. Then you lose the jump ball and Sanders didnt foul Loyd right away and ran away. Those were their own mistakes.

Talking about mistakes. Watch with 25 seconds to go in the game and only 14 on the shotclock for the Storm. The Mystics have to play good defense and get a stop without fouling. Because the Storm are up only 74-73.
Loyd has the ball on top going in a pick&roll with Stewie. Mystics decide to switch so Atkins is on Stewie rolling to the basket and she makes a very DUMB foul with 17,6 seconds left in the game. She grabs Stewarts hips with BOTH hands to prevent her from rolling to the basket. Its soo obvious that the ref at the 3pointline has a clear vision on it and has an easy call to make.
Hawkins was already in position to take over Stewie near the basket so there was no reason to foul here there and give up 2 FT's.
You cant make those kind of mistakes. She was lucky that Stewart missed those FT's but when you make errors like that yourself you cant really be blaming the refs..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/10/18 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=24628231

the storm got away with one, the mystics got robbed.

I saw that last night, I was jumping up and down when that happened. Twisted Evil

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/10/18 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Officiating is what it is ... bad calls here and there, but hey, all Washington needs to do to win is make one three-pointer. How is that the refs' fault?

If you come into a championship series and go 3-37 from three in your first two games, how can you blame anyone but yourself for losing?

As always, the answer to officiating issues is simple: Play better, and they won't matter.

I love the way Clark plays. Like Adia Barnes, she remade herself and her game after being a high-scoring undersized collegiate post, and became a three-and-D wing who is a perfect complementary player. Of course, five Clarks won't get you too far, but when Clark is your fifth best player, you've got something.

How the eye tests fails us: I thought Atkins was making everything, and then I see she's 4-15. Same with Howard -- all I remember is the makes, it seems.

EDD did look better, but not 100%. I don't think anyone should ever question her toughness, despite her being blond, pretty and rich.

The problem with ABC broadcasts is that the assumption has to be that a lot of people are watching the WNBA for the first time, and need to connect to the game through the players -- so we get a lot of Holly Rowe. That said, she was more annoying than usual ...

I'm hoping they paper the house in DC -- it would not be a good look to have 1,500 actual bodies in the seats for game three.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do not agree with you ClayK, but one thing a lot of us can agree on is we can see one team has experience in the finals and another does not and it shows a lot.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Do not agree with you ClayK, but one thing a lot of us can agree on is we can see one team has experience in the finals and another does not and it shows a lot.

We only have 3 players with finals experience, Sue, Noelle and Natasha.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I love the way Clark plays. Like Adia Barnes, she remade herself and her game after being a high-scoring undersized collegiate post, and became a three-and-D wing who is a perfect complementary player. Of course, five Clarks won't get you too far, but when Clark is your fifth best player, you've got something.

So, she's the Andre Iguodala of the Seattle Storm?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, they should have made a three. But they didn't. It just didn't happen for whatever reason. Toliver still had the opportunity to win it. But it was taken away from her. And it had to be a conscious decision to not call that foul. WNBA refs are bad, but they're not THAT incompetent.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Yes, they should have made a three. But they didn't. It just didn't happen for whatever reason. Toliver still had the opportunity to win it. But it was taken away from her. And it had to be a conscious decision to not call that foul. WNBA refs are bad, but they're not THAT incompetent.

Sorry they didn’t get the chance, but it wasn’t a shooting foul, and they wouldn’t get anymore time because it was down to 16 seconds.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Sorry they didn’t get the chance, but it wasn’t a shooting foul, and they wouldn’t get anymore time because it was down to 16 seconds.

I know it wasn't a shooting foul but that only makes the non-call more baffling to me. The refs knew Seattle had a foul to give, they must assume that they ARE going to give it. And they just chose to ignore it.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only time Holly Rowe should voice her opinion is:

1.Start of the game.
2.Player/Coach interviews.
3.Start of the 2nd half
4.Injury report.
5.If the Coach said something important during a timeout.

How hard is this?

Last edited by zune69 on 09/10/18 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Looked it up, I take my foot out of my mouth. You are correct

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I know it wasn't a shooting foul but that only makes the non-call more baffling to me. The refs knew Seattle had a foul to give, they must assume that they ARE going to give it. And they just chose to ignore it.

They did, and I’d be mad if it happen to our team. I think the Mystics will come out on fire Wednesday, probably take game three and I think we will take game 4.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

With Quinn having two games experience? I thought we just had this conversation recently? Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/10/18 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/10/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
ClayK wrote:

So, she's the Andre Iguodala of the Seattle Storm?

Pretty good comparison, really, though I think Iguodala in his prime was better, relatively speaking, than Clark. Iggy doesn't really shoot as well as Clark, but Clark isn't as athletic -- Iguodala can still make some amazing athletic plays.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
The refs knew Seattle had a foul to give, they must assume that they ARE going to give it. And they just chose to ignore it.

The Lynx lost a couple games on the last defensive possession early on in the season, and they had a foul to give in each instance. I wish the refs would have helped them out by assuming they were going to use that foul to give.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 09/10/18 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Noelle Quinn has never played in the finals. Courtney Paris has, however.

PostPosted: 09/10/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
The refs knew Seattle had a foul to give, they must assume that they ARE going to give it. And they just chose to ignore it.

The Lynx lost a couple games on the last defensive possession early on in the season, and they had a foul to give in each instance. I wish the refs would have helped them out by assuming they were going to use that foul to give.

So now refs are supposed to help teams win, by calling fouls on them? Whatever happened to "Let em play ref"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: