68%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 35

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

No you didn’t there were missed calls on both sides. I say the replay no one fouled her.

https://twitter.com/WNBA_Intel/status/1038907142781067264
You're tripping even more than Bird

It was a foul. Toliver just called out the refs during the press conference saying that Bird knew she had 1 foul to give when she fouled her before she could go to her shooting motion. She said i wish that the refs had the same basketball IQ that Sue had Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 09/09/18 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I'm sick of this gotdamn league.

1.The promotion.
2.The commentating.
3.Holly interrupting 3-4 times every quarter.
4.The poor game production.
5.The terrible officiating.
6.No original Theme Song for the National games.
7.Lack of content on WNBA.Com.
8.Etc.etc,etc...

This will be my last season following the WNBA....It just isn't fun anymore.

Its not about the league. Its about the players. Sleep on it Zune. You will probably think differently tomorrow

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Badger_Ball

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

No you didn’t there were missed calls on both sides. I say the replay no one fouled her.

Yup, you guys got robbed. I’m guessing you’ll get home cooking on your court. But Not our fault Mystics couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn.

The game was unfairly called and it's in the books. Nothing will/can justfiy that.
It makes the margin for error greater.(1-1 vs 2-0) Complete BS!
Rolling Eyes

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

The irony of Mystics fans bemoaning officiating is not lost on me following their game 5 semi-final win against the Dream.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

Yup, you guys got robbed. I’m guessing you’ll get home cooking on your court. But Not our fault Mystics couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn.

The game was unfairly called and it's in the books. Nothing will/can justfiy that.
Rolling Eyes

Stewie was tripped up at the other end, no call there either. 20-19 fouls, nothing unfair about that. We tried to give it to you guys, missed 7 fts, but Mystics didn’t take care of the ball, that is on them.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last 2 minutes of the game they called 4 fouls on the Mystics....None on the Storm.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I'm sick of this gotdamn league.

1.The promotion.
2.The commentating.
3.Holly interrupting 3-4 times every quarter.
4.The poor game production.
5.The terrible officiating.
6.No original Theme Song for the National games.
7.Lack of content on WNBA.Com.
8.Etc.etc,etc...

I really enjoyed this game. On ABC... close finish. Eddy Vedder in the crowd. What can be cooler than that?

zune69 wrote:
This will be my last season following the WNBA....It just isn't fun anymore.

This is at least the third time you’ve said that. You’re the Miley Cyrus of the board. You can’t stop and you won’t stop.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
greg5222

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Last 2 minutes of the game they called 4 fouls on the Mystics....None on the Storm.

Home cooking solved their problems. The Mystics fought to the bitter end and for that I am proud of them. Just stating facts. Not crying or bemoaning. Just the cold hard facts.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I thought you were done with the league? Are you leaving now our do you just like to argue? You never wanted the Storm to win anyway.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Home cooking solved their problems. The Mystics fought to the bitter end and for that I am proud of them. Just stating facts. Not crying or bemoaning. Just the cold hard facts.

Cold hard facts, Mystic missed more shots then we did, Mystics only got one more call then we did. We balled harder then they did. We won. Cold hard facts. You know what the biggest cold hard fact was? Everyone on your team had a negative efficiency rating.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had no major rooting interest, other than my normal financial interest. I did not see anything more than normal, inconsistent officiating where neither side was given a major advantage. When games are close they are nearly always decided by a few plays, and by a few calls. This was no different.

This game, and particularly the fourth quarter, was not particularly well played or well officiated. But it was certainly exciting. If one thing lost the game for the Mystics it was not fouling for 5 seconds after they lost the ball.

I don't know whether the series will return to Seattle. If it doesn't I'm sure the fans at the Key Arena won't mind, and they won't be complaining about the last game they saw.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Except when they didn't foul after the steal. Sorry, but 39:52 into a 40:00 game is not the bitter end. It just made the end of the game very bitter.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ shades & Force10rulz.

I clearly stated after this season at least 2 of the 3 times.

And you're right shades,this was a great game...but only because Washington fought their asses off.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Highly unconvincing win

highly unconvincing lucky win.

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
won't shoot 14% from 3 again

Correct! Cool

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Nobody deserves a ring more than A. Clark.

First off, what's "deserve" got to do with anything? Secondly, why? For whatever arbitrary criteria of "who 'deserves' a ring" you are using, what puts Alysha Clark, of all people, on top of that list?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
won't shoot 14% from 3 again

Correct!

LOL!

Randy

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

First off, what's "deserve" got to do with anything? Secondly, why? For whatever arbitrary criteria of "who 'deserves' a ring" you are using, what puts Alysha Clark, of all people, on top of that list?

That's easy - she's not Batman, or Robin, or even Commissioner Gordon. She's Alfred the Butler - never gets any credit.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver probably would have gotten a pretty good look at the buzzer, if the Mystics had had one more timeout. The Storm, though, had a couple of mini-runs and the crowd threatened to explode. The crowd forced Thibault to burn a couple of timeouts early.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
That's easy - she's not Batman, or Robin, or even Commissioner Gordon. She's Alfred the Butler - never gets any credit.

I'm saying, though: I don't know what criteria we're using for "deserve" in this context, or how many people we're including in the conversation when we're trying to say that "nobody" deserves it more, but even if we're just limiting the parameters to the 2018 WNBA Finals, I feel like an argument could be made that Alysha Clark is, at best, the third most-deserving player of a championship that's playing in this series.

Like, why is Crystal Langhorne, who wasted her whole-assed prime on that sorry-assed Mystics team, less deserving of a ring than Alysha Clark?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/09/18 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Mystics got robbed today. But Toliver didn't exactly show up. 0-16 from three won't win you many games.

Seattle is a physical team. They usually get away with it. (Most championship level teams do.)

PostPosted: 09/09/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
greg5222 wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

Rolling Eyes

Stewie was tripped up at the other end, no call there either. 20-19 fouls, nothing unfair about that. We tried to give it to you guys, missed 7 fts, but Mystics didn’t take care of the ball, that is on them.

Stewie DID get the call, the one where EDD tripped her up a bit. And she went to the line to shoot free throws. That's what people are complaining about.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/09/18 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I love hard-nosed hustle players who have done the most with what they have, and I think Clark exemplifies that type of player. She's not the most innately gifted player so she's had to totally transform her game since college days thru a lot of hard work. And by doing that, she's become an integral part of her team. I just totally respect that.

As far as 'deserve' goes, perhaps you're right and that's an overstatement.

Would Seattle be in the same position with someone like T.Young, for instance, as their SF? Maybe, but I doubt it. Young is a good defender, but can't hit those open dagger threes that Clark does when her team needs it most.

- Amanda Gorman
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/09/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now THAT''S a Finals game! Wow. I think we have a series. The Mystics showed that they're not in the finals for nothing.

They figured out how to defend the Storm in 2nd Quarter and won it 25-11.

Last edited by craigmont on 09/09/18 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 09/09/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Now THAT''S a Finals game! Wow. I think we have a series. The Mystics showed that they're not in the finals for nothing.

They figured out how to defend the Storm in 2nd Quarter and won it 25-11.

In the 3rd quarter the Storm couldn't contest a shot without getting whistled, so you can save the whining about the refs.

If the Mystics lose, Mystics fans blame it on the refs. They've don't that for a looonnnnnggg time.

craigmont

PostPosted: 09/09/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
got fucking robbed

Look at it in video, that arm isn't touching Toliver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: