Mystics
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Storm
68%
 68%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 35

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/18 12:55 pm    ::: Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ @ Storm⛈ - 9/09/18 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Finals Game 2
Seattle, WA - 3:30 PM ET

TV: ABC

Video:
https://abc.go.com/watch-live
https://abc.go.com/news/abc-apps

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180909/WASSEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401079694

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
wnbafan

PostPosted: 09/08/18 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Mystics fan, they first game was painful!

I have faith that they will regroup, shake off those jitters and take game 2.

Go Mystics!

PostPosted: 09/08/18 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

won't shoot 14% from 3 again

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/08/18 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Mystics will come out a different team but we still will win.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After reading this article, I believe the Mystics need to slow the game down. What I saw on Friday (before I fell asleep, long day) , they were trying to keep the storm's pace rather than playing their ball with passing and switching.

Powers should not be put in if she is going to play hero ball. It's a team sport.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-the-mystics-can-pull-off-an-upset-in-the-wnba-finals/

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
After reading this article, I believe the Mystics need to slow the game down. What I saw on Friday (before I fell asleep, long day) , they were trying to keep the storm's pace rather than playing their ball with passing and switching.

Powers should not be put in if she is going to play hero ball. It's a team sport.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-the-mystics-can-pull-off-an-upset-in-the-wnba-finals/

You feel the pain we once had ? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
wnbafan wrote:

You feel the pain we once had ? Crying or Very sad

Yes. She has potential of being a good player if she would stop trying to win the game with terrible decisions. Someone needs to get that into her head, hopefully Thibault can. I think it was her who he yelled at "that is not good offense" (or something like that).

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In a game like yesterday's, Powers playing hero ball is fine. Nothing's working and they were looking to create anything at all. Powers can do that. It's where her value comes from.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So going into games as a coach, I look for a path to victory. If we have more talent, the road is pretty wide; if not, if the path is narrow, then we have to figure out how to stay on it.

When I look at the Mystics vs. the Storm from that perspective, I don't see a road, or even a path -- it's like a faint game trail made by squirrels.

If EDD were 100%, then the key would be for her to get 30 and 15, but that's not happening.

OK, Kristi goes off -- but if she's the primary threat, she's too easy to stop.

Ariel Atkins goes off -- she did, and we still got blown out.

Natasha Cloud is a nice player, but she can't carry us, and LaToya Sanders was borderline before she broke a knuckle on her shooting hand.

The bench? If we're playing TRP extended minutes, good things are not going to happen. Aerial Powers has the basketball IQ of the aforementioned squirrels who tried to make a wider path.

I'd love to see Washington make a series of it, but my fear is, with Seattle up 2-0, game three will be played before a "crowd" of a few hundred paying fans and some desperately recruited freeloaders in order to make it look respectable.

It would be great if it went five, so the finale would be played at a packed Key Arena, but I don't know how that could happen unless Seattle's injury luck runs out in truly disastrous ways.

I'll watch anyway, but just like Friday, it's like watching a slow-motion train wreck where you can see the depressing conclusion from miles away without being able to do anything about it.

Think how Mike Thibault must feel ... he not only has to watch the train wreck, he has to be in it.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Think how Mike Thibault must feel ... he not only has to watch the train wreck, he has to be in it.

Sometime the Captain just has to go down with the ship (or is it a train). You have to wonder how Collen and Thibault felt about fighting so hard to win the "ECF" knowing that a trip to the Finals could well be that ride on train wreck w/o their fully capable superstar player.

canadaball

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amen. I am desperately rooting for a competitive series, but you have well listed the obstacles. I would point out freedom for several Seattle players. No longer does Howard have to deal with Griner. Loyd is free of suffocating January. Guarding Tolliver has to be easier for Clark than DT. Stew deals with an injured Sanders instead of the flying Bonner. Bird faces the defense of Tolliver vs January/Turner.
There is one clear path for Washington victories. Coach Dan must play many more minutes for Canada (offense stagnates), Paris and KML (don't score and cannot defend)..

Shades

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I'd love to see Washington make a series of it, but my fear is, with Seattle up 2-0, game three will be played before a "crowd" of a few hundred paying fans and some desperately recruited freeloaders in order to make it look respectable.

I thought I badly overslept and missed Game 2.
We might as well play Game 2 before calling it 2-0 in favor of SEA.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
wnbafan

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Thank you, I felt the same way. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

should be a big crowd for this Sunday. 2/3 of the upper bowl is open for sale and looks like slim pickings. Would be great of the entire arena was open and sold-out(17k+).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/08/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:
Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Thank you, I felt the same way. Evil or Very Mad

Poorly written ... what I wanted to say was that if it's 2-0 going into game 3, the crowd will be very sparse.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
Amen. I am desperately rooting for a competitive series, but you have well listed the obstacles. I would point out freedom for several Seattle players. No longer does Howard have to deal with Griner. Loyd is free of suffocating January. Guarding Tolliver has to be easier for Clark than DT. Stew deals with an injured Sanders instead of the flying Bonner. Bird faces the defense of Tolliver vs January/Turner.
There is one clear path for Washington victories. Coach Dan must play many more minutes for Canada (offense stagnates), Paris and KML (don't score and cannot defend)..

Hahaha, we’ll that won”t happen, unless we are up by 27 again. I found the Mercury to be much more challenging then the Mystics. I think EDD is in much more pain them letting on, and as she goes so go the team. I think we take game too also. We had been on 5 game winning streak, and had Sue not gotten her nose broken we would have taken game 4. I think Mystics might take one at home.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Massey had it 62% - 62% - 58% for the home teams.
Updated with the 1st game, it's now 70% - 52% for the next home games.
Course their program doesn't account for EDD's injury status.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So going into games as a coach, I look for a path to victory. If we have more talent, the road is pretty wide; if not, if the path is narrow, then we have to figure out how to stay on it.

When I look at the Mystics vs. the Storm from that perspective, I don't see a road, or even a path -- it's like a faint game trail made by squirrels.

If EDD were 100%, then the key would be for her to get 30 and 15, but that's not happening.

OK, Kristi goes off -- but if she's the primary threat, she's too easy to stop.

Ariel Atkins goes off -- she did, and we still got blown out.

Natasha Cloud is a nice player, but she can't carry us, and LaToya Sanders was borderline before she broke a knuckle on her shooting hand.

The bench? If we're playing TRP extended minutes, good things are not going to happen. Aerial Powers has the basketball IQ of the aforementioned squirrels who tried to make a wider path.

It would be great if it went five, so the finale would be played at a packed Key Arena, but I don't know how that could happen unless Seattle's injury luck runs out in truly disastrous ways.

I'll watch anyway, but just like Friday, it's like watching a slow-motion train wreck where you can see the depressing conclusion from miles away without being able to do anything about it.

Well said. It's hard to see how Wash can hurt the Storm.

Even though it was only 1 game, and in Seattle, this series looks over to me. But anything can happen, so we hope for 5 games.

PS- you owe squirrels an apology for that Powers comment. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/08/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers. yes. I want to like her. After all, she brings the proverbial 'energy'. But she also does dumb thing after dumb thing and it somehow feels like a net negative about 90% of the time. The other 10% can be astonishingly good and I think Mike puts her in hoping for that 10%.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/09/18 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dont think that the Mystics are going to shoot 4 on 21 from behind the arc again. Or Toliver 1 of 8 from 3. So i think this game 2 will be a lot closer.

Birdy is going to rock the granny shoes Laughing Laughing

https://twitter.com/Kickstradomis/status/1037484248209342465

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/09/18 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I dont think that the Mystics are going to shoot 4 on 21 from behind the arc again. Or Toliver 1 of 8 from 3. So i think this game 2 will be a lot closer.

Birdy is going to rock the granny shoes Laughing Laughing

https://twitter.com/Kickstradomis/status/1037484248209342465

Those are awesome! #GoStorm

PostPosted: 09/09/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Expect a big bounce-back game from KT-26p/4r/4a
2.EDD will give the Mystics better production-18p/10r
3.Hawkins or Powers will have a big game(12-15 pts)...maybe both(double digits)
4.The Mystics will do a better job in transition(Defense)
5.The Mystics' rotations will be much quicker on ball screens,specifically Howard.
6.Limiting Seattle's second chance opportunities will be key to securing the victory.
7.Will not be surprised if Atkins has another good scoring game but with more rebounds...Seattle doesn't have a defender who can match up with her.

Mystics by 3-6 points.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/09/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
1.Expect a big bounce-back game from KT-26p/4r/4a
2.EDD will give the Mystics better production-18p/10r
3.Hawkins or Powers will have a big game(12-15 pts)...maybe both(double digits)
4.The Mystics will do a better job in transition(Defense)
5.The Mystics' rotations will be much quicker on ball screens,specifically Howard.
6.Limiting Seattle's second chance opportunities will be key to securing the victory.
7.Will not be surprised if Atkins has another good scoring game but with more rebounds...Seattle doesn't have a defender who can match up with her.

Mystics by 3-6 points.

Laughing

PostPosted: 09/09/18 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've thought all year it depends on Loyd. They are good enough all around that against mediocre teams they don't need her, but against good teams if she shows up Storm usually win. If she shoots for shit and keeps on heaving, they could lose.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 09/09/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird got away with another foul.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: