RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

RIP Burt Reynolds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:19 pm    ::: RIP Burt Reynolds Reply Reply with quote

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/burt-reynolds-died-dead-smokey-and-the-bandit-1202930270/

Quote:
Burt Reynolds, one of Hollywood’s most popular leading men during the ’70s and early ’80s in such films as “Deliverance,” “Smokey and the Bandit, “The Longest Yard” and “Semi-Tough,” has died. His rep confirmed that he died Thursday in Jupiter, Fla. He was 82.

PostPosted: 09/06/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad to see the news.

My personal favorite role of his was Boogie Nights.

I also liked his TV series Evening Shade.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/06/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reynolds played football at FSU, which is one of my alma maters.

He became a giant star when he was the first nude centerfold for Cosmopolitan magazine, and then shorty thereafter starred in Deliverance, one of my favorite movies. My lifetime hobby has been canoeing, and in my whitewater salad days I paddled the Chattooga River, which was the location of Deliverance.

A big loss to my personal history.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/06/18 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A true American Icon has passed.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fS2qsL-kQ6A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Richard 77

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

As soon as I heard the news of Burt's passing, I knew what to do next. I rode my bicycle to my nearest Hobby Lobby yesterday. (26 miles one way.) I knew they had a model kit of the '77 Pontiac Firebird used in the movie. I bought and brought the kit home. I'm about to give it a base coat of flat white in a few minutes. (I really wanted a kit of the '66 GTO they had there, but I'll pick one up next month as they had two kits on the shelf compared to one of the '77 Firebird.)

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
jimmyk

PostPosted: 11/19/18 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My dad is a truck driver, so I've been a fan of Burt Reynolds for ages because of Smokey and the Bandit. I've seen that movie hundreds of times and love every minute of it!

The main reason I'm posting this here so long after the fact (I know, lateness kills, but I've been busy), is that back in September Barrett-Jackson auctioned his re-creations of the Bandit car, Hooper, Cannonball Run, and his Tampa Bay Bandits promo car at their event in Vegas. That Bandit car sold for $192,500.

FYI, it's the second non-Ford Shelby car I've ever nearly bid on from a Barrett-Jackson auction in the few years I've been watching them. The other was Davey Allison's 1992 Daytona 500 winner car...I think it sold for about the same as the Bandit car...it's been a while since that happened!

I'm really sad that he's gone...only Sally Field is left out of the main characters from that film. Wow...

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/20/18 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
My dad is a truck driver, so I've been a fan of Burt Reynolds for ages because of Smokey and the Bandit. I've seen that movie hundreds of times and love every minute of it!

The main reason I'm posting this here so long after the fact (I know, lateness kills, but I've been busy), is that back in September Barrett-Jackson auctioned his re-creations of the Bandit car, Hooper, Cannonball Run, and his Tampa Bay Bandits promo car at their event in Vegas. That Bandit car sold for $192,500.

FYI, it's the second non-Ford Shelby car I've ever nearly bid on from a Barrett-Jackson auction in the few years I've been watching them. The other was Davey Allison's 1992 Daytona 500 winner car...I think it sold for about the same as the Bandit car...it's been a while since that happened!

I'm really sad that he's gone...only Sally Field is left out of the main characters from that film. Wow...

That's really interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: