Mystics
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Storm
71%
 71%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 52

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:16 am    ::: Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ @ Storm⛈ - 9/07/18 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Finals Game 1
Seattle, WA - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPNews, JoeTV, Monumental

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180907/WASSEA/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401079693

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/06/18 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Who guards who? The match-ups in this serious are intriguing. Both teams have multi-skilled posts. Both teams have good benches. And both teams shoot the 3 really well.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh. GWH versus the Compiler. No matter who wins, I lose.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

The actual competition is Cheryl Reeve's #1 goal in life of making the Storm win as many championships possible while destroying the Lynx versus the prophecy of Aerial Powers being able to hoist of one of those championship trophies as she is admiring in WNBA 09's avatar. Smile

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

I believe people need to get rid of that GWH moniker for Elena who is a true star in the WNBA. Elena has practically being doing a Willis Reed since Game 4, she deserves her props.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can take the GWH moniker from my cold, dead hands. #HateHard

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Randy

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Pretty much showcases the two models for building a contender. Either you tank and get really lucky in the lottery and survive a bunch of bonehead draft picks and trades, or you have superstar talent demand a trade in your direction and bag a prize UFA along the way.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
You can take the GWH moniker from my cold, dead hands. #HateHard

If one is going to use the moniker GWH it's a late arrival because it should've been used for Diana or Lauren.

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then there were two. I will be rooting for the Mystics but I just don't see it happening.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Pretty much showcases the two models for building a contender. Either you tank and get really lucky in the lottery and survive a bunch of bonehead draft picks and trades, or you have superstar talent demand a trade in your direction and bag a prize UFA along the way.

Elena and Kristi wanted to play closer to their hometowns. By the way, Elena should've been a Mystic in the first place, the Mystics fell to 4th in the lottery when they should've at least gotten the 1st or 2nd pick.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First of all, I’m soooo happy Phoenix lost.

I’m torn about who I want to win the finals. Washington because they’ve never been here before but the only reason they are here is because a superstar demanded a trade to Washington or else. The Mystics in my opinion didn’t EARN this trip to the finals, they were gifted it when EDD demanded the trade. On the other hand, like I said, it would be great to see a new team win for once. So I guess I will root for Washington just because I want a new team to win.

Now, will Washington win? No. In my opinion, Seattle wins the series either in 3 games or 4 games. Probably 4. Sure, Washington has EDD, but she’s really the only one you can sorta count on every single game. Seattle has too much for the Mystics to handle. Add that Seattle has home court advantage and will also have home cooking from the refs.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

The two models for building a contender: Trade with Minnesota or trade with Chicago. #Outrage

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
First of all, I’m soooo happy Phoenix lost.

I’m torn about who I want to win the finals. Washington because they’ve never been here before but the only reason they are here is because a superstar demanded a trade to Washington or else. The Mystics in my opinion didn’t EARN this trip to the finals, they were gifted it when EDD demanded the trade. On the other hand, like I said, it would be great to see a new team win for once. So I guess I will root for Washington just because I want a new team to win.

Now, will Washington win? No. In my opinion, Seattle wins the series either in 3 games or 4 games. Probably 4. Sure, Washington has EDD, but she’s really the only one you can sorta count on every single game. Seattle has too much for the Mystics to handle. Add that Seattle has home court advantage and will also have home cooking from the refs.

You do know Elena wanted to play for the Mystics to be closer to her sister

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics and Storm have never met in the playoffs.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics should be ashamed for not "earning" a 1st overall pick (or multiple) like all the other good teams smh

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

The two models for building a contender: Trade with Minnesota or trade with Chicago. #Outrage

I know.... IMS was biggest difference maker for the Dream this year.

You left out trading with Connecticut. The Sparks acquired Chelsea Gray, who has been okay, from them. The Dream got Williams, the pick that became Billings, and Bentley. Did I miss anybody?

People have even been praising semifinalist Camille Little lately, although her bar for praise is set very low.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You left out trading with Connecticut. The Sparks acquired Chelsea Gray, who has been okay, from them. The Dream got Williams, the pick that became Billings, and Bentley. Did I miss anybody?

Does Thibault count? The Mystics snapped him up quickly after he was inexplicably fired in Connecticut.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I know.... IMS was biggest difference maker for the Dream this year.

People have even been praising semifinalist Camille Little lately, although her bar for praise is set very low.

I forgot about the Sun. But Curt is like any of our favorite religious figures—he forgives teams for their sins, like the Sparks' original sin of not drafting Gray to begin with (Gruda did nothing for them), and the Dream's sin of trading Bentley for Ajavon. Please Curt, forgive the Lynx for their sin of everything Reeve did this past year. Smile Nah, that won't work. Smile
But Atlanta became good thanks to trades with Chicago—losing a trade with Chicago gets you fired—Cooper getting fired made the Dream a contender by them being able to hire the COY instead! Smile
And the pick that became Billings came from Bria Holmes which came from the the pick the Dream got from the Lynx (since the Sky didn't want anything other than past-prime De Souza) in the Fowles/De Souza trade.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 09/05/18 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Mystics should be ashamed for not "earning" a 1st overall pick (or multiple) like all the other good teams smh

It's strange the Mystics since 1998 has had only one #1 selection (Chamique Holdsclaw) and three #2 (Tausha Mills, Alana Beard, Marissa Coleman) in their WNBA Draft History. Rolling Eyes

Dag, 20 years since my first Mystics Game at the Phone Booth, I'm getting younger. Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

And the pick that became Billings came from Bria Hartley which came from the the pick the Dream got from the Lynx (since the Sky didn't want anything other than past-prime De Souza) in the Fowles/De Souza trade.

I don’t know whether you’re confusing Bria Holmes with Bria Hartley or keeping some kind of draft spreadsheet and Bria Holmes was actually acquired somehow with some trade involving Bria Hartley.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

And the pick that became Billings came from Bria Hartley which came from the the pick the Dream got from the Lynx (since the Sky didn't want anything other than past-prime De Souza) in the Fowles/De Souza trade.

I don’t know whether you’re confusing Bria Holmes with Bria Hartley or keeping some kind of draft spreadsheet and Bria Holmes was actually acquired somehow with some trade involving Bria Hartley.

I typed too fast. I meant Holmes. lol

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

God forbid someone want to come here for once... anyway EDD would have been stuck in a place she didn't like for her prime because of the unfair "core" designation that, to my knowledge, no other well known pro league has. Anyway, Mystics fans deserved that after getting screwed out of winning the chance to draft a superstar multiple times.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I typed too fast. I meant Holmes. lol

Sorry, you can’t blame autocorrect this time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: