71%
 71%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 52

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/07/18 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sami Whitcomb is a perfect teammate
Quote:
Relentless, pesky, determined. Sami Whitcomb is everything you want it a teammate and everything you hate in an opponent.

- HerHoopStats

PostPosted: 09/07/18 4:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Sami Whitcomb is a perfect teammate
Quote:
Relentless, pesky, determined. Sami Whitcomb is everything you want it a teammate and everything you hate in an opponent.

- HerHoopStats

Quote:
Just ask Bird.

“She’s the most annoying player to practice against,” the 17-year-veteran said. “I’m not kidding, top three in my career because she just never stops. She’s the leading scorer in practice by far, without question for the season.

“She never stops, it’s constant movement, she’s a gnat on defense.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/percy-sami-whitcomb-storm/

Lets hope that Hughes plays her more minutes in the upcoming games aswell. She should be ahead of KML in the rotation

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
if Washington wins the championship, I will never refer to them as the "Mystakes" again

Go Storm!!

Twisted Evil

⛹🏾‍♀️ We’ve never lost in the finals, and I don’t see us starting now. Wopila tanka (many thanks) tot he Mercury for testing us, you gals played like it was the finals, and it felt like the finals.

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
if Washington wins the championship, I will never refer to them as the "Mystakes" again

Go Storm!!

Twisted Evil

⛹🏾‍♀️ We’ve never lost in the finals, and I don’t see us starting now. Wopila tanka (many thanks) tot he Mercury for testing us, you gals played like it was the finals, and it felt like the finals.

The Mystics have also never lost in the finals...

PostPosted: 09/07/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Go Storm!!

Twisted Evil

The Mystics have also never lost in the finals...

Well duh, they’ve never been to the finals.

PostPosted: 09/07/18 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Randy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:
I don't know about this line of reasoning. The Storm's success can mostly be put down to winning the draft lottery 4 times when there was an obvious #1 pick.

Is that so much different than EDD wanting to play for Washington?

The Mystics, as already mentioned, have been a historically poorly run franchise. The only thing they did to "earn" Delle Donne is have the coincidence of being the team that is geographically closest to where she grew up, and you're asking whether that's any different from Seattle winning the lottery multiple times?

Of course it's different. The only way those two things could be similar is if the Storm didn't have the top pick in, say, 2016, and then Breanna Stewart had told the team that took her #1 that she was going to hold out, unless they traded her to Seattle.

The Mystics must be doing something right because they're still standing after 20 years while other franchise (Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston Miami, Orlando, Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento, Tulsa, Utah) are no longer playing in those cities.

That's a bit ironic because just based on the posts I read here, they have the 2nd most hated owners in the WNBA being second only to the Hideous Lord Jimmy.* Mystics fans have heaped a lot of abuse on the owners and there was much chagrin about the deal to build a new arena** to house the Wizards practice facility and the Mystics home games for the next 20 years. RebKell Fans may hate them, but they have been supportive of their team.

* Apparently not hated enough by Mystics fan to inspire a catchy epithet.
**Said to be too small and in a dangerous part of the community.

I've been with the Mystics from the start, I know things I will and won't talk about. I will say this about the Mystics New Home and Wizards Practice Facility, the current site wasn't the 1st choice, activist block the site in the Shaw area Ted Leonsis wanted the site to be located. I've had disagreements with Ted but I respect him for being a philanthropist.

Tell me something, imagine being a business man or woman and you own an arena, what would you do if 17 days each year was losing substantial money, move the event to a smaller venue or dissolve the event. The Mystics will have a brand spanking new arena, enjoy it, I plan to enjoy the Mystics new home.

Oh by the way, if you didn't know Abe Pollin was the Mystics owner before Ted Leonsis and MSE.

Moving the Mystics = giving up on winning back the thousands who stopped attending due to the arrogant ignorance of Sheila Johnson.

This is why so many Mystics fans despise the owners.

~rAf
cass

PostPosted: 09/07/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Both teams got lucky.

Their 'luck' was not a binary proposition. We're not talking about '100 or 0' when it comes to how 'lucky' they were; they weren't equally 'lucky.' Seattle was at least participatory in their circumstances. They made their own 'luck,' to some extent. Washington was literally just there.

Minimizing it by saying "both teams got lucky" is like saying that someone who marries into a rich family is equally as lucky as someone who was born into a rich family.

2013 lottery

the most sensible comment in all this mess ha. mystics should have gotten to pick one of the three to see but ended up w/ fourth pick--a 6% chance on that!

i am very excited for these finals & think they're going to be tougher for the storm than many are predicting--storm didn't have any easy wins over the mystics in the regular season, especially when they had delle donne. one of our only blowout losses!!! i hope edd is feeling better because i want this to be a fair fight--wanna see the storm earn this championship.

also hello! this is my first comment but i have been reading this forum for years & appreciate y'all's love for this truly awesome game.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/07/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, cass!

PostPosted: 09/07/18 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cass wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Both teams got lucky.

Their 'luck' was not a binary proposition. We're not talking about '100 or 0' when it comes to how 'lucky' they were; they weren't equally 'lucky.' Seattle was at least participatory in their circumstances. They made their own 'luck,' to some extent. Washington was literally just there.

Minimizing it by saying "both teams got lucky" is like saying that someone who marries into a rich family is equally as lucky as someone who was born into a rich family.

2013 lottery

the most sensible comment in all this mess ha. mystics should have gotten to pick one of the three to see but ended up w/ fourth pick--a 6% chance on that!

What's sensible about it? The Mystics don't deserve to get Elena Delle Donne in 2017, just because they didn't get her in 2013. Karma is not real.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/07/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Finals film room: 5 things to watch for as the series unfolds

HighPostHoops' Ben Dull has a terrific breakdown of Seattle's use of ball screens, flare screens, kickout switches, etc., complete with video evidence.

Truly a very interesting read - and one not often seen for the WNBA.

https://highposthoops.com/2018/09/07/wnba-finals-film-room-5-things-watch-series-unfolds/

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/07/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cass wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Both teams got lucky.

2013 lottery

i am very excited for these finals & think they're going to be tougher for the storm than many are predicting--storm didn't have any easy wins over the mystics in the regular season, especially when they had delle donne. one of our only blowout losses!!! i hope edd is feeling better because i want this to be a fair fight--wanna see the storm earn this championship.

also hello! this is my first comment but i have been reading this forum for years & appreciate y'all's love for this truly awesome game.

I don’t expect it to be an easy game, going to be a hard fought battle, but Sue has her lucky super power mask on 😉 no championship we won has ever been easy.

PostPosted: 09/07/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:

I don’t expect it to be an easy game, going to be a hard fought battle, but Sue has her lucky superpower mask on 😉 no championship we won has ever been easy.

That mask gives Bird the superpower to abuse the refs without fear of repercussions. Razz

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/07/18 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

I don’t expect it to be an easy game, going to be a hard fought battle, but Sue has her lucky superpower mask on 😉 no championship we won has ever been easy.

That mask gives Bird the superpower to abuse the refs without fear of repercussions. Razz

But now that January has gone home this will probably be less of an issue. Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Not the refs as much as the opposing team's players. Smile All she did (I guess) was swear at the refs, she booty slammed January to the floor.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
cass wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Both teams got lucky.

2013 lottery

What's sensible about it? The Mystics don't deserve to get Elena Delle Donne in 2017, just because they didn't get her in 2013. Karma is not real.

It would have been ironic if the Mystics got the first pick in 2013 and took Griner instead of the GWH, the "home town star." Wonder if she would have still demanded a trade to DC in 2017?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:

Not the refs as much as the opposing team's players. Smile All she did (I guess) was swear at the refs, she booty slammed January to the floor.

You’re guessing at everything. January falling was accidental, but the raised voice and temperamental attitude by Bird at the ref wasn’t. I doubt that Bird cursed, but you don’t need to curse to get a technical. To be consistent with the hair-trigger technicals of the regular season, this one should have been rung up. It did seem like refs chilled a bit on the techs towards the end of the regular season, but they overdid the chillin’ by overlooking Bird’s behavior on that play.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/07/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where was everyone when fowles demanded a trade to Minnesota because she wanted an easy title? That's worse than going home, but both her and edd had the right to do it.

PostPosted: 09/07/18 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
Where was everyone when fowles demanded a trade to Minnesota because she wanted an easy title? That's worse than going home, but both her and edd had the right to do it.

Many of us complained a lot about that at the time. There was a lot of angry discussion about it, and a number of posters here have indicated that think less of her for that. Same with Charles. There was also a lot of argument about whether the players had a right to demand trades to a single team but that debate was never resolved so no point in revisiting it.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/07/18 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

Fowles put in 7 years, so she was already a year into her unrestricted free agency. EDD only put in 4 years, so she just finished her rookie contract. It all depends upon how obligated you feel a player should be to the team that drafted them. More players ask to be released than people realize, but people only seem to care or become aware of it when a huge star does it.

Toliver wanted out after one year.
Boyette wanted out after about two years.
Bone wanted out after about two years (with second team).
Harding wanted out after two years.
Peters wanted out after 4 years.
Cappie wanted out after 4 years.
Charles wanted out after 4 years.
Dupree wanted out after 4 years.
Wiggins wanted out after 5 years.

Did I miss anybody? Most likely.

vallee

PostPosted: 09/07/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heavy rain hitting the DC area. We're hoping that we don't lose power. We'd much rather watch this game on the tv than follow it on a phone screen.
No official watch party.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/07/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Well, what did Washington do "wrong" then? They didn't demand the trade of EDD to them.

You mean, aside from being poorly coached and generally mismanaged for most of their existence?

The point isn't even that Washington did anything "wrong." The point is that Washington getting Elena Delle Donne was not a function of anything that Washington did, or didn't do. So it's a bad faith argument to say that Washington getting EDD "is just like this other thing that happened," because it's not like anything that's ever happened, except for the Charles trade. At least when Fowles and Dupree demanded trades out of Chicago, it was because they were tired of playing for an inept organization and they wanted to play someplace where they could win. As an organization, you can prepare for something like that happening: you can set yourself up as a model franchise, that's always competing for a championship, and make sure that you have desirable assets that you're willing to part with so that, if a star/superstar demands a trade, you're ready to step in make your team better.

Delle Donne wanted to go home. There's nothing a team can do to prepare for that. Literally nothing. The Mystics got Delle Donne because of an accident of birth: like, if she'd been born in Boerne, Texas, instead of Wilmington, Delaware, maybe the Aces are still in San Antonio? It's the same thing with Tina Charles: what did the Liberty do to get Charles, besides be sorry? Like, Maya Moore doesn't seem like the type, but what happens if she wakes up tomorrow and decides that she's homesick? You can do everything right if you're, say, the Wings, and still have no chance of getting her. That situation is nothing like getting lottery picks.

I would say, when it comes to Delle Donne in particular, her actions weren’t the least bit surprising.

Players want to leave for all sorts of reasons, I’m not sure why this reason is any better or worse than any other. Organizations know their players. If I had Delle Donne, given her past actions and her obvious feelings (which, IMO, are super touching emotions, and actions that make me like Delle Donne more), I would have been prepared for this. It’s far different, than say, Cappie wanting to go to NY cause she’s into fashion. (Which again, I don’t even care about. Great players hardly get any free agency. So..teams have to deal with this type of situation.)

PostPosted: 09/07/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that Seattle loses.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/07/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lobo needs to spreading the Lynx couldn't afford Howard myth. The Megdal Database doesn't lie. Twisted Evil

Randy

PostPosted: 09/07/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie would love that comment that Hughes was complimenting the Lynx for doing such a good job of developing Howard.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/07/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There you go SpaceJunkie, Lobo says “Minnesota wanted to re-sign her but they simply couldn’t afford her”.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: