6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Other (Please Explain)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 77

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:05 am    ::: Second Best Rookie Reply Reply with quote

In terms of who you think will have the best career.

sigur3

PostPosted: 09/05/18 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond will have the best career. Atkins was the second-best rookie this season though.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Diamond will have the best career. Atkins was the second-best rookie this season though.

You speaking team wise or individually ? Numbers Dont lie ....

Ariel
11.3 PPG 2.1 APG 2.4 Rebs 43% FG 35 % 3FG 82 % FT

Diamond

14.4 PPG 2.2 APG 4.9 Rebs 43% FG 32% 3FG 83 % FT

Alot of people sipping the Atkins Juice after her playoff performances. Well deserved , but shes not the 2nd best rookie in this bunch. Who really cares who's 2nd ? If your not FIRST Your Last !!! Laughing

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

Agree.

Atkins was playing on a team with EDD so naturally her chances would be less than Deshields. I doubt seriously that Deshields would have been as good on the Mystics as Atkins. (I grant that Atkins would not have had as much of an impact on the Sky.) Both are fine defenders, but I believe Atkins is more consistent. Both should have very good careers.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Who really cares who's 2nd ? If your not FIRST Your Last !!! Laughing

That makes Jordin Canada Rookie of the Year

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Ariel

Diamond

Alot of people sipping the Atkins Juice after her playoff performances. Well deserved , but shes not the 2nd best rookie in this bunch. Who really cares who's 2nd ? If your not FIRST Your Last !!! Laughing

Did someone mention DeShields played 34 Reg Season Gms Avg. 28.5 min while Atkins played 29 Reg season Gms Avg 22.5 mins

Add Ariel Atkins playoff stats and her numbers is just as good as DeShields

http://www.wnba.com/player/ariel-atkins/#/career

Oh, did I mention Ariel Atkins was selected 2nd team WNBA Defensive.

Plus, Ariel isn't being billed as the Mystics Top Player as DeShields is with the Sky.

Ariel Atkins has the potential to have success in the WNBA like Tamika Catchings had in the WNBA.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Ariel

Diamond

Did someone mention DeShields played 34 Reg Season Gms Avg. 28.5 min while Atkins played 29 Reg season Gms Avg 22.5 mins

Plus, Ariel isn't being billed as the Mystics Top Player as DeShields is with the Sky.

Ariel Atkins has the potential to have success in the WNBA like Tamika Catchings had in the WNBA.

Tbh that was BS though as she isnt even the best perimeter player on her own team..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Ariel

Diamond

Tbh that was BS though as she isnt even the best perimeter player on her own team..

Ariel is already the 2nd best All Around Player on the Mystics team, IMHO. Elena herself said Ariel doesn't play like a rookie.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

Bwahahahaha.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Bwahahahaha.

I did say potential.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atkins has the potential to be very, very good. Catchings is in the argument for greatest to ever play the game. Players who end up anywhere near that conversation are rarely so - relatively speaking - ordinary in their rookie seasons. At least after four years developing in college - might be a little different for an 18-year old foreign kid.

Let's be happy about how good Atkins is and could be, without making crazy comparisons.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People forget Diamond shut down Maya and Angel . Do we think Atkins could have done the same ? Atkins making 2nd team over Diamond means 0 because Obviously Diamond should have made that squad and possibly 1st team all defense. I do think Atkins was a better pick up than Kelsey Mitchell , but people seem to be persuaded by the now rather than the full body. To each's own though , Diamond was the 2nd best rookie all season long for me , wont change. Love Atkins as well , makes us Dallas folk proud !

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Ariel

Diamond

Diamond played 6 more minutes per game.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Atkins has the potential to be very, very good. Catchings is in the argument for greatest to ever play the game. Players who end up anywhere near that conversation are rarely so - relatively speaking - ordinary in their rookie seasons. At least after four years developing in college - might be a little different for an 18-year old foreign kid.

Let's be happy about how good Atkins is and could be, without making crazy comparisons.

Potential is the word I used for Ariel Atkins, if you want to make it something else it's your right. By the way, I like Tamika Catchings but the greatest ever, no way.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/05/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is like arguing how many angels there are on the head of a pin.

There is A'ja. And then there is everyone else, without a close second.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/18 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

+1 At the end of the day . Aja will be the one everyone remember's Laughing

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Agree completely. I speak as one who was shocked when Coach T picked Ariel so high. I'm happily spitting out feathers right now. I also speak as one who stopped my allegiance for the Charlotte Sting when they picked Kelly Miller over Catch. It just defined stupidity. Charlotte didn't last much longer while Catch is most def in the conversation of top 5 WNBA players. Ariel Atkins had a very good rookie season and is having a great post season - among the best ever for a rookie. These two are apples and oranges.

~rAf
SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Aye Mate........... Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Shocked You just make it obvious now, at least you -tried- to hide it before

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
People forget Diamond shut down Maya and Angel . Do we think Atkins could have done the same ? Atkins making 2nd team over Diamond means 0 because Obviously Diamond should have made that squad and possibly 1st team all defense. I do think Atkins was a better pick up than Kelsey Mitchell , but people seem to be persuaded by the now rather than the full body. To each's own though , Diamond was the 2nd best rookie all season long for me , wont change. Love Atkins as well , makes us Dallas folk proud !

Since when should players on the worst defensive team in the league make an All-Defense team?

zune69

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should A.Wilson not make the All-WNBA team because LV missed the playoffs?....I thought the All-defensive team was an individual award.Hard for a team to have a good defense when the starting center shows up to training camp out of shape and the starting PF is only 6'0 tall.

I have no problem with Atkins making the All-defensive team. However, I'd give DD the edge over Atkins when it comes to who had the better rookie season. Diamond was just as good on defense and avg twice as many rebounds. Diamond didn't have the luxury of playing with a top 3-5 player. Chicago counted on Diamond to be a primary offensive option during crunch time while Atkins was able to eat off the double teams of EDD. Teams game planned for DD and she still managed to shoot almost the same percentages at Atkins...Diamond has the higher upside. But that won't mean squat if Chicago doesn't get their house in order...If DD avg 17p/5r/3a over the next 10 years and make the playoffs 4 times while Atkins avg 14/3r/3a and wins 3 Championships....fair or not...Atkins had the better career.....I hope Chicago hires the right HC/GM.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/06/18 2:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's kind of weird that having an undersized PF means so much on defense but doesn't affect rebounding at all.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/06/18 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gabby being a poor rebounder for a PF has nothing to do with Diamond's rebounding ability/stats...DD has always been a good rebounder:

Rebounds per game:
2014/UNC-5.5
2016/Tenn-5.2
2017/Tenn-6.4
Cukurova-5.8

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don”t think Jordin should even be listed at this point, she has potential tho. I think if she can get Sue for a couple more years she’ll be solid. But I’m actually hoping we will still be in the hunt for a new pg.

PostPosted: 09/08/18 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted Other, because (imho) it's too soon to tell.

2nd reason, it's clear Vadeeva has the goods and she's just a "sophomore". However who knows how far up she'll go and how often she'll get over to the W.

But yeah it's a very strong class.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/08/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Aye Mate........... Wink Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Shocked You just make it obvious now, at least you -tried- to hide it before

Too much tea. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: