RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Phoenix Mercury 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7436



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/24/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd have Washington, Phoenix and Atlanta as the top favorites. Los Angeles could be the dark horse.


Yeah, Atlanta was looking pretty strong before McCoughtry got hurt.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59284
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/24/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'd have Washington, Phoenix and Atlanta as the top favorites. Los Angeles could be the dark horse.


Yeah, Atlanta was looking pretty strong before McCoughtry got hurt.


We'll see when she gets back and how she plays. Atlanta is not a contender without a 100% Angel.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15663
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/highposthoops.com/2019/04/24/phoenix-mercury-gm-jim-pitman-on-why-his-team-can-win-the-2019-wnba-championship/amp/




Quote:
Are the Mercury planning to make any additions to the coaching staff for this season to replace Todd Troxel (who was dismissed in January following assault charges stemming from a domestic dispute with fiancee) or supplement what you have in place?

“We are and we’re very close to announcing that, we’re just not quite there yet, we’re just hammering out some final details and there will be an announcement on that in the coming days
.”


PFT Question



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14801
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/highposthoops.com/2019/04/24/phoenix-mercury-gm-jim-pitman-on-why-his-team-can-win-the-2019-wnba-championship/amp/




Quote:
Are the Mercury planning to make any additions to the coaching staff for this season to replace Todd Troxel (who was dismissed in January following assault charges stemming from a domestic dispute with fiancee) or supplement what you have in place?

“We are and we’re very close to announcing that, we’re just not quite there yet, we’re just hammering out some final details and there will be an announcement on that in the coming days
.”


PFT Question


Hiring a player's spouse as a coach doesn't seem like a great move to me.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21354
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Hiring a player's spouse as a coach doesn't seem like a great move to me.

She's already their 'Director of Player Development and Performance', so I'm not sure making her a coach would be much different. It's already a tiny bit questionable from a cap perspective, but I presume as she's a Mercury legend as well they can pretty reasonably justify it.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14801
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Hiring a player's spouse as a coach doesn't seem like a great move to me.

She's already their 'Director of Player Development and Performance', so I'm not sure making her a coach would be much different. It's already a tiny bit questionable from a cap perspective, but I presume as she's a Mercury legend as well they can pretty reasonably justify it.


That's fair.

I was thinking more generally than of the specifics of this case.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59284
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diana Taurasi Undergoes Successful Surgery

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/diana-taurasi-undergoes-successful-surgery/


Quote:
She is expected to return in 10-12 weeks



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14801
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Diana Taurasi Undergoes Successful Surgery

https://mercury.wnba.com/news/diana-taurasi-undergoes-successful-surgery/


Quote:
She is expected to return in 10-12 weeks



Twelve weeks from today is July 4. Mercury play their 11th game on July 5. Five of those first 11 games are against Chicago, Indiana and NY, all of which look lottery-bound.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 19574



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get why some people have us as title favourites. On paper there are some good players on the roster.
How many of them will be playing good basketball in September is another matter entirely.

Fingers crossed for Dee.



_________________
Is there gas in the car?
Yes there's gas in the car.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59284
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I get why some people have us as title favourites. On paper there are some good players on the roster.
How many of them will be playing good basketball in September is another matter entirely.

Fingers crossed for Dee.


I'm 100% aware of the danger in counting on Sancho to stay healthy



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19852



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/19 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
I get why some people have us as title favourites. On paper there are some good players on the roster.
How many of them will be playing good basketball in September is another matter entirely.

Fingers crossed for Dee.


I'm 100% aware of the danger in counting on Sancho to stay healthy


And Little to produce more than, well, a little. That's if they keep her.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 19852



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So no Taurasi or Turner to start the season? Who starts at SG, Carson?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bballjunkie



Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 708



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Recovering wont be easy. Everything revolves around a strong core.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52083



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

January/Mitchell
Carson/
Talbot/Cunningham
Bonner/BTurner
Griner/Smith

Out until around July
Taurasi - Inj
YTurner - NTD

No timetable for return
Lyttle

Trade Portal
Little

Training camp contracts
ACarter - Tiny PG
APeterson - Tiny PG
Hof - Center

Too many tiny guards. Bring in Prince, RWilliams, or Cappie as a injury replacement?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 5086
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Recovering wont be easy. Everything revolves around a strong core.


On top of that, when was the last time we saw a player return from surgery and quickly look like her old self, much less return at mid-season and bounce back without training camp?



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52083



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury mystery announcement today.
Doesn’t this look kinda like an outline of Penny?





In other news, Cunningham is headed to PHX.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21354
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
So no Taurasi or Turner to start the season? Who starts at SG, Carson?

EuroBasket Women doesn't start until June 27th. No real reason to expect Turner to miss the start of the season.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52083



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why is Fagbenle supposedly arriving late?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
shontay33



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 330



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
January/Mitchell
Carson/
Talbot/Cunningham
Bonner/BTurner
Griner/Smith

Out until around July
Taurasi - Inj
YTurner - NTD

No timetable for return
Lyttle

Trade Portal
Little

Training camp contracts
ACarter - Tiny PG
APeterson - Tiny PG
Hof - Center

Too many tiny guards. Bring in Prince, RWilliams, or Cappie as a injury replacement?


R Williams would be a good pick up. It will give them another scoring option. Or the Mercury can wait to see if any teams release any vets during training camp.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52083



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:

R Williams would be a good pick up. It will give them another scoring option. Or the Mercury can wait to see if any teams release any vets during training camp.


I noticed on PHX social media that they’re suddenly paying homage to Cappie.

Lyttle is taking shots without a brace, but Shenise Johnson was doing the same last year but ended up never playing. 🤔



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21354
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
R Williams would be a good pick up. It will give them another scoring option. Or the Mercury can wait to see if any teams release any vets during training camp.

I don't have all the numbers, but this is a vet-laden squad. I doubt you can afford a pick-up like that under the cap.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8539
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Mercury mystery announcement today.
Doesn’t this look kinda like an outline of Penny?





In other news, Cunningham is headed to PHX.


Looks like Coach Graf to me Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52083



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penny Taylor it is.
https://mercury.wnba.com/news/penny-taylor-named-phoenix-mercury-assistant-coach/



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
shontay33



Joined: 01 Jun 2006
Posts: 330



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
shontay33 wrote:
R Williams would be a good pick up. It will give them another scoring option. Or the Mercury can wait to see if any teams release any vets during training camp.

I don't have all the numbers, but this is a vet-laden squad. I doubt you can afford a pick-up like that under the cap.


They may be able to make it happen especially since it is only for the first half of the season. I would think that DT will be on the suspended list since she won't be back until after all star break. Who knows, since Williams is not signed by any teams, she may at this point decide to take the veterans minimum considering that the Mercury are considered a contender.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15663
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/26/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Penny Taylor it is.
https://mercury.wnba.com/news/penny-taylor-named-phoenix-mercury-assistant-coach/


Great to see her back with the Mercury Very Happy



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin