40%  [ 19 ]
Storm
59%
 59%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 47

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad ending to an otherwise great game.

Bird should have been ejected. These refs should be suspended. There is no way that can be allowed to happen with no call. Not in the first game of the season nor the last. I don't care if it's Sue Bird or Mother Teresa. It has to be called.

Lost a LOT of respect for Bird, Maj and Kurt.

Storm won, the WNBA lost.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
zune69

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griner was good,but can be better.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boogiezen wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Sticking with Dracula.

Sue is coming at her with the garlic and crosses though. :lol:

Oh yeah Sue “die bitches” Bird coming to an arena near you!

Not really.

Enjoy being salty for the rest of the year. :P

Fortunately, I am also an NBA fan; I'm really only going to be salty for another five weeks or so.

Storm hate, on the other hand, is forever, regardless of saline level. #MFFL

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Sticking with Dracula.

Sue is coming at her with the garlic and crosses though. :lol:

Not really.

Yeah really.

Near you, maybe.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
boogiezen wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Sticking with Dracula.

Sue is coming at her with the garlic and crosses though. Laughing

Not really.

Enjoy being salty for the rest of the year. Razz

Fortunately, I am also an NBA fan; I'm really only going to be salty for another five weeks or so.

Storm hate, on the other hand, is forever, regardless of saline level. #MFFL

Not salty about knowing the ultimate outcome of the NBA season?

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I made my peace with that two years ago. Besides, I don't root for teams any more, anyway, and one of my favorite active players has a very good chance at a ring this season.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Force10rulz wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Sticking with Dracula.

Sue is coming at her with the garlic and crosses though. Laughing

Not really.

Yeah really.

Near you, maybe.

Of course near our arena, and Washington’s arena. Her mask is her super powers ⛹🏾‍♀️⛹🏾‍♀️⛹🏾‍♀️🏀🏀🏀

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, neither of those arenas are near me, so...

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Lol, who is your team?

PostPosted: 09/05/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Lol, who is your team?

The Sacramento Monarchs.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/18 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Bird should have been ejected. These refs should be suspended. There is no way that can be allowed to happen with no call. Not in the first game of the season nor the last. I don't care if it's Sue Bird or Mother Teresa. It has to be called.

Its arguable that Sue should of gotten a technical. If she had gotten it i would be ok with that. But eject her over that is the biggest joke that ive heard in a while Laughing that doesnt even happen in a regular season game let alone in game 5 of the semi finals..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Its arguable that Sue should of gotten a technical. If she had gotten it i would be ok with that. But eject her over that is the biggest joke that ive heard in a while Laughing that doesnt even happen in a regular season game let alone in game 5 of the semi finals..

Look at it again- she didn't get in the referee's face, mock or disrespect them. If they felt her behavior was T-worthy, they would have called one.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Look at it again- she didn't get in the referee's face, mock or disrespect them. If they felt her behavior was T-worthy, they would have called one.

She screamed that is bullshit to one of the refs while yanking her mask off. Some refs T you up for that and some dont. I just say that i could understand if they would of called that and i understand if they didnt

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 09/05/18 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
if it wasn't sue bird, it would have been a tech.

if it was Dee, it's a tech. total BS.

Yeah - no Kim Parrot award for the Dirty Bird. What poor sportsmanship to try to knock January on her ass. Razz

To be fair, isn't that award just for the regular season, like all the other awards? Smile

Good point. For the playoffs there is the "Diana Taurasi Poor Sportsmanship Award" given the player who best exemplifies poor sportsmanship. The trophy is small statue of Taurasi spitting on the opponents floor after the game. Dirty Bird wins it for 2019.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/05/18 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

She screamed that is bullshit to one of the refs while yanking her mask off. Some refs T you up for that and some dont. I just say that i could understand if they would of called that and i understand if they didnt

I stay annoyed as a Diana fan.

Diana would not have ever got that much rope, particularly from Kurt Walker - who has repeatedly shown a bias against her (the two bogus calls were predictable).

And I know..some say it’s a reputation earned. But she isn’t the only player who is a fire cracker, and yet..it’s not 100% of the fire crackers that have the quick whistle. (Hello, Angel and Liz).

It’s a super frustrating feeling for me as a Taurasi fan. And I don’t quite understand it. Why is the league okay with hampering the player that brings the league the most attention?

So there is that side of it. And any Mercury/Dallas/Dream fan might side eye Sue’s behavior like “wtf”...but, IMO ..the refs handled that the way they should have.

When stars get mad like that, something happened. (That includes when Taurasi gets angry...) The last time Cleveland won, there was a game where Steph Curry got kicked out of a game. People couldn’t tell what happened, but Steph got pissed. Semi-recently, Richard Jefferson talked about how he kept hip checking Steph, that one was he last straw, and it really hurt Steph.

I love January...and their is no doubt in my mind that she “accidentally” hit Sue in the face.

Also, Congrats Michelle! I never thought Sue was gonna get another chance at a ring, and I’m super excited for her and the rest of the Storm team.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I’m angry and disappointed that my team won’t be playing in the finals. So, excuse me as I kind of lose it here. Before, let me give kudos to the team and fans, also go Sue for being Sue.

IT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT THAT SUE WAS NOT CALLED FOR A TECHNICAL
SOME OF THE FOULS CALLED ON TAURASI WERE BULLSHIT AND GAME CHANGERS AS THEY SIDLINED HER. IT IS SAD AND I FEEL LIKE DONALD TRUMP RN SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS.

This was a fun series, for the most part. Looking forward to the EDD/Stewie matchup. I’m sure I’m being a bitter loser rn, but I feel shafted.

You my dear are not the only one who feels shafted. I said on here several times that the refs were going to try and foul DT out. That is exactly what they did. They gave DT a foul which should have gone on January, they TOTALLY ignored the Teck and double teck that Sue committed. Hell DT has been double tecked and thrown out of a game for falling down! Right after that incident I knew it was over for the Merc. True the Merc made some mistakes in the 4th qt but they also were shafted with the calls. I was so pissed and disappointed that I turned off the tv and went to bed. I knew what the outcome was going to be. Doubt if I will even watch the finals!

miller40

PostPosted: 09/05/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of this ref blaming is way over the top.

Linzin

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
Linzin wrote:
I'm honestly surprised. I've never seen Sue that angry, and I've watched her for at least 10 years now. Well, Sue not getting the tech is all on Sue's reputation, really. Eh. I'm okay with it. Wink

And my several-years-old avatar is amazingly apt right now.

Hey friend! Happy to see that avatar again!

I'm still so jacked from that game. Nothing coherent to add to the discussion yet. The energy in the building was insane.

Back at you! Smile I've been hanging around here and there but never really had the urge to post. Apparently Sue losing her shit was what I needed Razz

PostPosted: 09/05/18 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Linzin wrote:
Apparently Sue losing her shit was what I needed Razz

As loud as it was in the arena last night, there was actually a fair amount of shocked silence around me when she started going off. It was so surreal and hard to believe it was real life - people were so surprised that all you could really do was stare in disbelief for a few seconds! I think we were probably also holding our breath and waiting for the technical foul to come.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
I’m angry and disappointed that my team won’t be playing in the finals. So, excuse me as I kind of lose it here. Before, let me give kudos to the team and fans, also go Sue for being Sue.

IT IS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT THAT SUE WAS NOT CALLED FOR A TECHNICAL
SOME OF THE FOULS CALLED ON TAURASI WERE BULLSHIT AND GAME CHANGERS AS THEY SIDLINED HER. IT IS SAD AND I FEEL LIKE DONALD TRUMP RN SCREAMING IN ALL CAPS.

This was a fun series, for the most part. Looking forward to the EDD/Stewie matchup. I’m sure I’m being a bitter loser rn, but I feel shafted.

You my dear are not the only one who feels shafted. I said on here several times that the refs were going to try and foul DT out. That is exactly what they did. They gave DT a foul which should have gone on January, they TOTALLY ignored the Teck and double teck that Sue committed. Hell DT has been double tecked and thrown out of a game for falling down! Right after that incident I knew it was over for the Merc. True the Merc made some mistakes in the 4th qt but they also were shafted with the calls. I was so pissed and disappointed that I turned off the tv and went to bed. I knew what the outcome was going to be. Doubt if I will even watch the finals!

Yeah, and she said "fuck you" to Byron Jarrett for that one, so she and Bird are even.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/06/18 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Diana would not have ever got that much rope, particularly from Kurt Walker - who has repeatedly shown a bias against her (the two bogus calls were predictable).

Maybe not from that ref but mostly she gets a lot of rope from the other refs in the wnba because she is one of the few players that really curses at refs after bad calls. Saying fuck you, fuck that, fucking pussy etc. and she gets away with that language A LOT.

She doesnt try that shit overseas because she gets a T right away.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/06/18 7:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe not from that ref but mostly she gets a lot of rope from the other refs in the wnba because she is one of the few players that really curses at refs after bad calls. Saying fuck you, fuck that, fucking pussy etc. and she gets away with that language A LOT.

She doesnt try that shit overseas because she gets a T right away.

We need to get some of those refs over here. And not just for Taurasi.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/06/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why aren’t women allowed to swear?

PostPosted: 09/06/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

Ask coach Cynthia Cooper

PostPosted: 09/07/18 4:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

You can swear but you cant curse out a ref and that is what she is doing a lot. I dont know how many times ive seen her say fucking pussy to a ref after a no call. Or fuck you. Diana is one of my favorite players but she gets away with that a lot. IMO that should be an automatic T every time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: