16%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 36

tfan

PostPosted: 09/04/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:
Dallas Wings fans are all wondering when they made the WNBA finals. Not a fan of calling the Detroit Shock a part of an “active franchise”.

It's true, tho.

On what basis is it “true”?

Dallas isn't a new franchise. Anybody who believes that is on some bullshit.

I think that anyone who combines the Detroit Shock and the Dallas Wings has lost their marbles.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/04/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I think Breland defends EDD better than anybody else in the W.

Elena's knee is the best defender of Elena. Look at her stats before/after the injury. Breland is a great defender, don't get me wrong. But EDD @ 50% is a lot easier to defend.

And, what's amazing to me is that EDD is able to defend and rebound so well at 50% - it shows how much of rebounding is position and heart. On offense, she can barely get her own shot due to physical limitations. Those who think of her as a finesse player have some rethinking to do.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/04/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Monty being an a'hole. Oh what a surprise.

Mont-thuggery. She sure as hell tried to get KT's goat. KT got her instead by drawing a foul on her.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/04/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:
Dallas Wings fans are all wondering when they made the WNBA finals. Not a fan of calling the Detroit Shock a part of an “active franchise”.

It's true, tho.

I think that anyone who combines the Detroit Shock and the Dallas Wings has lost their marbles.

Okay then: if they're not the same franchise, why wasn't there an expansion draft? For that matter, why wasn't there a dispersal draft when they left Detroit?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The calls in the 4th quarter were pretty egregiously one sided.

But you know what? I've seen worse. The Mystics outplayed the Dream and deserved to win.

Still, after the 5-second call I fleetingly thought we might wind up stealing this one. The Mystics were running out of gas at the end for the 4th time in five games. If Tip hits the three with 6 seconds left and we go to OT, the Dream win this game.

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One superstar with nearly a season-ending knee injury versus another superstar with a nearly series-ending busted schnoz. Sign me up!

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Styx!

Ted Leonsis is Alive and Well and LIVING in the District right now!

I am so pleased I waited until AFTER the draft to join here. My comments when the Mystics took Atkins would be so quotable right now. What a talent!

Close your ears, Jim Mora, Sr. ... These teams WILL meet again in the 2019 playoffs... hopefully everyone will be available for that series!

Davis4632

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:

It's true, tho.

I guess the WNBA lost their marbles because they consider them to be the same organization. The OKC Thunder is still the same organization as the Seattle Supersonics. Did you consider Tulsa Shock the same organization as the Detroit Shock?

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Wow, Congratulations to my Washington Mystics. A team win, indeed.

Very Happy

https://twitter.com/gene_wang/status/1037189160489181186

Mystics will face the top-seeded Seattle Storm in WNBA finals in Game 1 Friday at 9p ET, Game 2 Sunday 3:30p.

Last edited by SportsGuru on 09/05/18 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
tfan wrote:

It's true, tho.

I guess the WNBA lost their marbles because they consider them to be the same organization. The OKC Thunder is still the same organization as the Seattle Supersonics. Did you consider Tulsa Shock the same organization as the Detroit Shock?

No, I don’t consider them the same. New owners, new city, new management. Every employee new except for 5 players, who were gone before the end of the season. But even if the Shock kept all 12 players and all 3 coaches nd the owners and all the business people moved with the team, I am referring to the "current fan perspective". People sitting in the stands in Arlington don't think "We won it all twice". When they say “Washington is the only franchise never to make the finals” I think that is the type of thing should be only current city-based due to the fans being completely new. An every-season every-home-game Dallas Wings fan has never seen a team in the finals and that to me is the criteria that should be used - what applies to current fans. That is, which current fans have never felt the excitement of their team in the finals.

Last edited by tfan on 09/05/18 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/18 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dont think ive ever heard a WNBA crowd chant. REF YOU SUCK. iLoved every bit of it dream fans. Lisa take note all 12 cities share a mutual feeling.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I dont think ive ever heard a WNBA crowd chant. REF YOU SUCK. iLoved every bit of it dream fans. Lisa take note all 12 cities share a mutual feeling.

I had the chance to watch the Dream Mystics Game 5 on Demand. The Refs wasn't the cause of the Dream losing the game. Ariel and Kristi were mauled by the Dream players and they deserved the fouls called against them.

McCall's minutes were cut and Hayes didn't give the Dream what they needed in Game 5.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I had the chance to watch the Dream Mystics Game 5 on Demand. The Refs wasn't the cause of the Dream losing the game. Ariel and Kristi were mauled by the Dream players and they deserved the fouls called against them.

I find the veracity of this statement to be highly questionable, but I'll agree that the refs didn't cost Atlanta the game: Elizabeth Williams did. And I'm not even just talking about the flagrant.

And yeah, Hayes busted her ass on defense, especially in the second half, but she also proved that she's not "ready for primetime," as it were.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="SportsGuru"]
WNBA 09 wrote:

McCall's minutes were cut and Hayes didn't give the Dream what they needed in Game 5.[/quote
Someone finally said it. People are actually complaining about the Mystics getting to the line more. Yeah, that's what happens when the Dream plays far more aggressively.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think McCall plays for Indiana. Was she the one doing the mauling?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Lisa Borders was sitting courtside, so I'm sure she heard it.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think McCall plays for Indiana. Was she the one doing the mauling?

I meant Billings, I guess McCall came to my mind because they're similar players.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The Dream team has so many floppers there's need for extra mops to wipe up the floor.

greg5222

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The Dream team has so many floppers there's need for extra mops to wipe up the floor.

The Dream were border-line dirty. Calls were deserved. One more round to go!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/05/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The Dream were border-line dirty. Calls were deserved. One more round to go!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/05/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Mysticsfan12"]
SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

McCall's minutes were cut and Hayes didn't give the Dream what they needed in Game 5.[/quote
Someone finally said it. People are actually complaining about the Mystics getting to the line more. Yeah, that's what happens when the Dream plays far more aggressively.

It's not just that. Dream had to foul at the end of the game which resulted in 4 free throws. Add to that EWill's elbow and the actual free throw disparity ends up not even worth talking about.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/05/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Aladyyn"]
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

It's not just that. Dream had to foul at the end of the game which resulted in 4 free throws. Add to that EWill's elbow and the actual free throw disparity ends up not even worth talking about.

I'm glad this game is on Demand for all to see if it wasn't people reading some of the comments on this board would think the Refs robbed the Dream of the game.

Once again, I meant to say Billings not McCall, I don't want to upset UCLA and Stanford Fans. Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 09/05/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Aladyyn"]
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The main complaint with the refs wasn't that they were calling too much on the Dream, it's that they weren't calling anything on the Mystics. Washington was whistled for one foul in the entire 4th quarter (on EDD, ironically enough).

ETA: Forgot about the charge on TRP at the beginning of the quarter, so two on Washington in the 4th.

PostPosted: 09/05/18 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="pilight"]
Aladyyn wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The main complaint with the refs wasn't that they were calling too much on the Dream, it's that they weren't calling anything on the Mystics. Washington was whistled for one foul in the entire 4th quarter (on EDD, ironically enough).

ETA: Forgot about the charge on TRP at the beginning of the quarter, so two on Washington in the 4th.

+1 agreed with pilight .

PostPosted: 09/05/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If asked about it, I'm sure she would say something like "WNBA fans are so passionate about our sport. They really get into the games. I just love it."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: