59%  [ 13 ]
Mercury
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 22

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/02/18 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Bonner: "Did anyone see me steal that ball then lose it out of bounds? Awww... Laughing"

Griner: "That was a BG moment... that was a BG moment... you got those butter hands!" Razz

Nice to see them express a sense of humor about themselves Mr. Green

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 09/02/18 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird says she’ll play in Game 5.
She said she would have played the rest of this game with a mask, but her nose wouldn’t stop bleeding.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/02/18 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
scrappy

PostPosted: 09/02/18 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the storm has no one to blame but themselves. taking ill-advice shots at crucial time instead of the following the flow on the offense. they just dumbed it out a double digits lead.

PostPosted: 09/02/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
What is that orange drink Griner is drinking at the podium? Razz

Same one I saw Delle Donne drinking on the stationary bike...hmmm

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/02/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
the storm has no one to blame but themselves. taking ill-advice shots at crucial time instead of the following the flow on the offense. they just dumbed it out a double digits lead.

Sue has been the most important player for the Seattle Storm since she was drafted.

The Storm crumbling and not having a flowing offense was entirely predictable. In fact, they did far better than I expected them too.

PostPosted: 09/02/18 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
I find it odd that they stopped play when Bird went down so quick. I am glad they did, but it seems like often, they let it play out, not ending the position?

Blood was on the floor. Automatic call.

Ah. That makes sense, I did not see the blood as I had to watch the game from the kitchen. I watched game 3 while cooking, and, sadly, I am superstitious. Kitchen for game 5 as well! Laughing
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/02/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

[/img]

PostPosted: 09/02/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad break for Seattle... Shocked

Randy

PostPosted: 09/02/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So DT is saying Bird picks her nose?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Picking one's nose is as common as wiping one's own butt after taking a dump.

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are two teams and three coaches left who have never won a title. I really hope it is not Phoenix/Brondello again.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There are two teams and three coaches left who have never won a title. I really hope it is not Phoenix/Brondello again.

Drink when Lobo and her buddy say Taurasi has never lost an elimination game.

Oh, I wanna play that game. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

DB has been superwoman this series. Occasionally, a kind of dumb superwoman, but still superwoman.

She has been very good. But I would also say part of it is that Hughes insists on having Loyd try to guard her. It's not all Loyd's fault either, seeing that she gives up at least 6" in that matchup and probably a couple more (does anyone think Loyd is really 5'10"?). Bonner should be able to score at will with Loyd on her, and she pretty much has. Phoenix should just continue to go with their big lineup until Seattle shows they can defend it.

- Amanda Gorman
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

DB has been superwoman this series. Occasionally, a kind of dumb superwoman, but still superwoman.

She has been very good. But I would also say part of it is that Hughes insists on having Loyd try to guard her. It's not all Loyd's fault either, seeing that she gives up at least 6" in that matchup and probably a couple more (does anyone think Loyd is really 5'10"?). Bonner should be able to score at will with Loyd on her, and she pretty much has. Phoenix should just continue to go with their big lineup until Seattle shows they can defend it.

The Storm defense has been entirely centered around Taurasi. Which given all that DT does for the team, is understandable. And the Storm have done a great job. She’s exploded a few times offensively, and game three she was an in control orchestrator..but they’ve also gotten into her head a lot..you’d rather have Bonner eating your team alive than DT.

Add too it, that Clark is pretty much the perfect DT defender, and might be too slow for Bonner, and I can see why he does that.

(You also can’t put Stewie on her, because she going to drag Stewie out to the three point line, and run right around her. It also leaves the interior defense at some serious risk.) DT/Bonner are really as much if a defensive nightmare matchup for the Storm, as Bird/Loyd is for Phoenix. Both teams pretty much played “pick your poison” until Turner exploded in game 3.

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

No, she said Bird is picky as in very careful, sensitive about her nose.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/02/18 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, Seattle really blew this one. They shouldn't play that bad without Bird, imo. Some of the shit Loyd threw up you couldn't tell me they couldn't have gotten a better shot.

PostPosted: 09/03/18 4:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Cant really blame them. Loyd was on Bonner in the regular season aswell and Bonner didnt exploit that matchup at all. She had pretty bad to mediocre games. But now when they go big she is really attacking that matchup. Ive seen her go to her strep through move atleast 4 times in this game and it works.

Tbh Bonner has been the mercury s best player so far. Even in game 1 and later when she was defended by Stewart she was scoring a lot. She is enjoying the attention that DT and Griner are getting the most.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/03/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a fun game ... enjoyed it immensely.

Have to comment on the officials: I didn't notice a thing. There were bad calls, good calls, etc. Just another game ... did not impact the outcome any more than any other game.

When Bird went down, Seattle was in big trouble. Jordin Canada was -17 (I know +/- is flawed in single games) and all of a sudden Noelle Quinn is trying to run the show down the stretch.

And I don't know why Bird was drawing up the play in the huddle, but at the end of her frenzied explanation, Dan Hughes said "It's the same play we ran to start the game." Well, if it was, then no need for frenzy; if it wasn't, then no wonder it didn't work.

And it definitely didn't work. You'd like to at least get a shot up ... and no Seattle player had any kind of a look. Most of the time, the game is decided by players, but an ATO with 14 seconds left (or whatever) is on the coaches -- and Bird/Hughes/whoever mucked that up pretty badly.

PostPosted: 09/03/18 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sucks for birdy if she cant play. Karma is a crazy , storm fans were a shoe in for the finals. These playoffs are getting more interesting. Lots of game changing injuries.

PostPosted: 09/03/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Sucks for birdy if she cant play. Karma is a crazy , storm fans were a shoe in for the finals. These playoffs are getting more interesting. Lots of game changing injuries.

Bird is going to play Game 5. Since the Storm were a shoe-in for the Finals since February 7, if the Mercury win Game 5, does that mean Breanna Stewart's elbow breaks #TheCurse and puts a curse on her team instead? Or would it be a ploy to still mock Minnesota by having Devereaux Peters' team make to the WNBA Finals (and perhaps win a 4th title), while the Lynx have been eliminated long ago? Smile Now the Storm are going to probably win anyways. Smile

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/03/18 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird doesn't have to play well for SEA to win, but she at least has to play... Confused

Meanwhile, if PHO wants to win, Griner HAS to play well... like she did in Game 4. Idea

I'll wait for the next Birdy's Beak update to pick odds... Shocked

Shades

PostPosted: 09/03/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

Meanwhile, if PHO wants to win, Griner HAS to play well... like she did in Game 4.

All she has to do is be aggressive without fouling. Seattle doesn’t have the post defense to stop her without a quick double or triple team, in which case Griner can dip it to Bonner or find a wide open three point shooter or two.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/03/18 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

What has Karma got to do with this? Are you saying that she did something to deserve getting her nose broken? Confused

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
scrappy

PostPosted: 09/03/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm seeing image of several years ago, game 3 storm at home playing phoenix elimination. candice dupree scored on offensive rebound put back as time expired.

bad memory.

storm had many mental mistakes during the two game that have blown leads, including birdy. if they don't correct those mistakes, it's going to be a long fall, winter, and spring.

PostPosted: 09/03/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
i'm seeing image of several years ago, game 3 storm at home playing phoenix elimination. candice dupree scored on offensive rebound put back as time expired.

bad memory.

storm had many mental mistakes during the two game that have blown leads, including birdy. if they don't correct those mistakes, it's going to be a long fall, winter, and spring.

One of my favorite games of all time. Penny Taylor was AMAZING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: