RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

San Francisco's team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10363
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/01/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Any other SF team name suggestions?


San Francisco Amazons! (Not to be confused with Amazon.com, though that would make for a convenient uniform sponsor! Wink )

Or there’s always the San Francisco Pioneers, in honor of the city’s old WBL team. Cool



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 587
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/01/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:

I love Valkyries.


They could play Wagners " Ride of the Valkyries" as the entered the Arena.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7126



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/01/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So how about the Bay Area Gridlock?


This would be my choice. Like the New Orleans Jazz (since relocated) it denotes something the area is known for and proud of. The Bay Area continues to build everything but roads, trying to ensure that their nationally premier gridlock will remain so. Time to recognize and honor the success of that effort.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8858



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/01/18 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I recall that the SF team has been talked about by Lacob and Bay Area fans since before the Sparks sale. There have been at least 3 teams on the market since this first came up - Sparks, Liberty and Stars (plus any others we don't know about). Every year the supposed time for the new team is moved back. If he was really serious he could have had a team by now. Seems to me this is nothing but talk with no substance.


awhom111



Joined: 19 Nov 2014
Posts: 2232



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I recall that the SF team has been talked about by Lacob and Bay Area fans since before the Sparks sale. There have been at least 3 teams on the market since this first came up - Sparks, Liberty and Stars (plus any others we don't know about). Every year the supposed time for the new team is moved back. If he was really serious he could have had a team by now. Seems to me this is nothing but talk with no substance.


Lacob is the one who gets all the publicity, but he's only a part of the Warriors ownership group and not all of the big money so he can't do what he wants. I could see it not being a consensus thing among the whole group, especially with the massive costs the team has taken on recently. Vivek Ranadive talked up a Sacramento team for a while, but his issues with the Kings have made his minority owners try to establish more control over him. With no place to play, it makes no real sense to buy a team. It only made sense with the Sparks because letting the league weaken by folding a team before later buying a team would be poor strategy.

PRballer wrote:
ClayK wrote:
myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Is SF really going to get a WNBA team or is this just Wishful/Hopeful thinking?


at this point of course it's just wishful thinking, but if the stars align correctly, etc... they at least look like there will be infrastructure in place and an interest from potential ownership, so that's a start.


I'm pretty sure there will be a team. There are three large Bay Area arenas competing for summer dates, so having 17 WNBA games on the schedule will be a major plus.

And Joe Lacob supports women's basketball, the team should draw well if it's any good, and Northern California has a healthy high school scene. All the pieces are in place, really ...


The team would have been more successful in Oakland where you have more families, lesbian women, and African American families. All better demographics for the league than San Francisco. I would worry about a new team drawing in this "new" SF market.

I feel like the time for the Bay Area to get in on a team and franchise was the early days - SF is not the same city it was in 1997, nor even 2007. You have young white tech kids with disposable income who don't care as much about women's basketball and weren't even born when Stanford was winning national championships down the peninsula.

Love the Warriors org and Lacob family, and if they get involved in the league at this point it's definitely a "good thing" - but the WNBA could have been a huge hit in the Bay Area had they pushed for a franchise in the late 90s IMO. Now, it's definitely more of a gamble, even with a splashy new arena in San Francisco.


Heck, SF is not the same city as it was in 2013 and the 2008 me would not believe that the city would be like this today. This is also starting to apply to Oakland and beyond too.

No SF teams have ever really relied on fans from in the city due to demographic reasons so it would be interesting to see how they try to market a team. There are some non-traditional groups in and around the city that they could try to chase.

Too bad the ABL jumped into the market first and Lacob could not have been involved earlier instead of being with the Lasers. Cohan barely cared about the Warriors so asking him to be a part of the WNBA would have been too much.
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4874



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My favorite
The San Francisco Treat!
or
The Streets
of San Francisco

my realistic guesses
The Bay Area Bridge
The Arches
The Golden
The Rush
The Rock
The Love
The Progress
The Current

The Kelp
The Sea Otters
The Sea Lions
The Cougars
The Coders
The Gamers
The GigaBytes
The Search Engines
The Tremors
The Tales
The Swish
The Grateful
The Phish
The Psychadelic
The Hybrids
The Kale
The Green
The Organics
The Humpback Whales
The Pretensions
The Hydroponics
The Eclectics
The Futures
The Wealth
The Wine
The Om

(Opps I got a little carried away)


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7126



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 3:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From what I can recall, in January 2014 when Lacob put in a bid for the Sparks, he said something about had the Sparks not been available he would have waited a bit. Not sure if that was "until after the arena was built" but he sounded pretty solid on doing it. But in the Spring of 2015 he was asked

"How long before you try to bring a WNBA team to the Bay Area?"

and he responded:

"Uh, we would like to do that at some point. I have to say that, at this point, you know we wanna get things done that we need to get done. Like, what we're doing around here, and the new arena. And, the time will come when we'll consider that. "




Last edited by tfan on 09/02/18 5:56 am; edited 3 times in total
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7126



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 4:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Except BART doesn't run to Mission Bay, and doesn't connect to Cal Train, which does have a stop there.

And as with a lot of public transit, BART doesn't run that often late at night, and with 20,000 people leaving Warriors' games at the same time, not only are the trains crowded, you have to leave early and sprint just to get on one. (And the sprint would come after the mile walk to the station, or relying on the notoriously unreliable Muni system.)

In short, a nightmare ... with not nearly as much nearby parking as the Oakland Coliseum.

It will be better for the WNBA, of course, with smaller crowds, but still far from ideal. If you live in SF or on the Peninsula, that's great, but the bulk of potential fans do not.


To me it is ridiculous. They had an arena in a perfect spot in the over-priced fully developed Bay Area: right at a BART station and freeway exit with a large dedicated parking lot.

Part of the issue is that (primarily rich?) people love new arenas. But arenas don't wear out. The arena in Oakland could stand another 500 years. The excuse of "no luxury boxes" as a reason to build a new arena is gone. I would say: hire the Property Brothers, the Flip or Flop folks and the Fixer Upper people to redo the place if the tile starts to look old, and the paint is faded, etc. These cities should pass laws saying that each arena/stadium can't be replaced until it is structurally unsound.

And the other issue is that there was no place to eat or drink right nearby, before or after the game. So then they decided to shoehorn an arena into San Francisco, not near a BART station, not right by a freeway exit and without a large dedicated parking lot so there could be local eateries by a new building. I think they should have lowered the in-arena space rent for vendors to get the prices down - if that is the primary reason people want to eat external to the arena - and just have people all eat and drink at the arena. Or tell them to drive back home and go to a restaurant, or hit one before they head out of town.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20876
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 5:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Is SF really going to get a WNBA team or is this just Wishful/Hopeful thinking?


at this point of course it's just wishful thinking, but if the stars align correctly, etc... they at least look like there will be infrastructure in place and an interest from potential ownership, so that's a start.


I'm pretty sure there will be a team.

You keep saying that, but you've been saying it an awfully long time. The whole "we're concentrating on getting our new arena built first" excuse has always seemed like a complete cop-out to me. They already had an arena that could have happily included a WNBA team, but didn't want to bother. They might eventually get a WNBA team, but it feels like it's a long, long way down the priority list.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Shmermerer1



Joined: 04 Aug 2014
Posts: 247



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
yeah, it's sounding almost as bad as Westchester for those in the East Bay, which is a large proportion of the Bay Area population. ugh.


I am six miles away from the arena site, but it would probably be a 35 minute drive even when there's no traffic and no parking issues because more than half of the city has no ready freeway access. Public transportation is pretty poor at night so that's not a fun weekday option either.



I live near the Golden Gate Bridge/Presidio, and it takes 70 mins by bus for $3 to get to the proposed arena, but only 20 mins by car. Uber/Lyft takes the same amount of time but costs ~$25 each way. So, I will likely drive unless they do like the SF Giants do and charge $100 for gameday parking... Razz

On the bright side, when I drove to the SAC Monarchs games, it was over 110 miles away and 130 minutes of driving... 160 minutes on Fridays and holidays... but only $20 parking Twisted Evil Did I mention that my Mercedes SUV gets ~9 mpg? Twisted Evil I did that drive for every game for 9 years Shocked Exclamation

In short, it could be worse, and if it's that bad, I'd suggest just going to the weekend games, and looking back, I'm glad I went Idea


There is no way it takes you 70 minutes from the Presidio.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7933
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I recall that the SF team has been talked about by Lacob and Bay Area fans since before the Sparks sale. There have been at least 3 teams on the market since this first came up - Sparks, Liberty and Stars (plus any others we don't know about). Every year the supposed time for the new team is moved back. If he was really serious he could have had a team by now. Seems to me this is nothing but talk with no substance.


+1



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7126



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I recall that the SF team has been talked about by Lacob and Bay Area fans since before the Sparks sale. There have been at least 3 teams on the market since this first came up - Sparks, Liberty and Stars (plus any others we don't know about). Every year the supposed time for the new team is moved back. If he was really serious he could have had a team by now. Seems to me this is nothing but talk with no substance.


Lacob made an offer for the Sparks. Or maybe that should be that he was ready to buy the Sparks if an LA sale was not made. I heard him on San Francisco radio talking about it. The one thing I remember him saying was, “Look, I don’t know if we’re gonna get this team....” followed by talk of getting another team or expansion team in the future if the Sparks went to the LA group. He mentioned Parker and Nneka (saying he was a big Stanford fan). The odd thing was he said (if they got it) the team would play “somewhere in the Bay Area”. I think that is why he is considered a lock for a team.




Last edited by tfan on 09/02/18 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18200



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Randy wrote:
I recall that the SF team has been talked about by Lacob and Bay Area fans since before the Sparks sale. There have been at least 3 teams on the market since this first came up - Sparks, Liberty and Stars (plus any others we don't know about). Every year the supposed time for the new team is moved back. If he was really serious he could have had a team by now. Seems to me this is nothing but talk with no substance.


Lacob made an offer for the Sparks. Or maybe that should be that he was ready to buy the Sparks if an LA sale was not made. I heard him on San Francisco radio talking about it. The one thing I remember him saying was, “Look, I don’t know if we’re gonna get this team....” followed by talk of getting another team or expansion team in the future if the Sparks went to the LA group. I think that is why he is considered a lock for a team.


Yeah, it's believed that if Magic & Co. didn't come through, we'd have the Golden State Sparks right now.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20876
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
tfan wrote:
Randy wrote:
I recall that the SF team has been talked about by Lacob and Bay Area fans since before the Sparks sale. There have been at least 3 teams on the market since this first came up - Sparks, Liberty and Stars (plus any others we don't know about). Every year the supposed time for the new team is moved back. If he was really serious he could have had a team by now. Seems to me this is nothing but talk with no substance.


Lacob made an offer for the Sparks. Or maybe that should be that he was ready to buy the Sparks if an LA sale was not made. I heard him on San Francisco radio talking about it. The one thing I remember him saying was, “Look, I don’t know if we’re gonna get this team....” followed by talk of getting another team or expansion team in the future if the Sparks went to the LA group. I think that is why he is considered a lock for a team.


Yeah, it's believed that if Magic & Co. didn't come through, we'd have the Golden State Sparks right now.

Uh huh. Or he'd have hung about saying "I'm totally prepared to buy the team, honest I am" for as long as it took for the league to find someone else to buy them (and keep them in LA). Claiming it and doing it are rather different things.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9430



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The San Jose Lasers of the ABL drew well. There would likely be a ton of publicly if the Warriors are heavily involved. I think they'd do quite well in the beginning, even as an expansion team without any names.


I went to pretty much every Lasers' home game, which was at a tiny gym at San Jose State. They did not draw well ...

Joe Lacob owned the team, though.

The South Bay is really hard to get to, even worse than SF, and the only arena is the one the Sharks play in. The big high school sport for girls is volleyball. The East Bay, as mentioned, is the best location, but that won't happen.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9430



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
yeah, it's sounding almost as bad as Westchester for those in the East Bay, which is a large proportion of the Bay Area population. ugh.


I am six miles away from the arena site, but it would probably be a 35 minute drive even when there's no traffic and no parking issues because more than half of the city has no ready freeway access. Public transportation is pretty poor at night so that's not a fun weekday option either.



I live near the Golden Gate Bridge/Presidio, and it takes 70 mins by bus for $3 to get to the proposed arena, but only 20 mins by car. Uber/Lyft takes the same amount of time but costs ~$25 each way. So, I will likely drive unless they do like the SF Giants do and charge $100 for gameday parking... Razz

On the bright side, when I drove to the SAC Monarchs games, it was over 110 miles away and 130 minutes of driving... 160 minutes on Fridays and holidays... but only $20 parking Twisted Evil Did I mention that my Mercedes SUV gets ~9 mpg? Twisted Evil I did that drive for every game for 9 years Shocked Exclamation

In short, it could be worse, and if it's that bad, I'd suggest just going to the weekend games, and looking back, I'm glad I went Idea


There is no way it takes you 70 minutes from the Presidio.


If you're talking to the Walnut Creek person (me), when we go to the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park, it's more like 90 minutes. And with any traffic, two hours.

Public transit would require relying on Muni, and that's pretty much the end of that discussion ...



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9641
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
yeah, it's sounding almost as bad as Westchester for those in the East Bay, which is a large proportion of the Bay Area population. ugh.


I am six miles away from the arena site, but it would probably be a 35 minute drive even when there's no traffic and no parking issues because more than half of the city has no ready freeway access. Public transportation is pretty poor at night so that's not a fun weekday option either.



I live near the Golden Gate Bridge/Presidio, and it takes 70 mins by bus for $3 to get to the proposed arena, but only 20 mins by car. Uber/Lyft takes the same amount of time but costs ~$25 each way. So, I will likely drive unless they do like the SF Giants do and charge $100 for gameday parking... Razz

On the bright side, when I drove to the SAC Monarchs games, it was over 110 miles away and 130 minutes of driving... 160 minutes on Fridays and holidays... but only $20 parking Twisted Evil Did I mention that my Mercedes SUV gets ~9 mpg? Twisted Evil I did that drive for every game for 9 years Shocked Exclamation

In short, it could be worse, and if it's that bad, I'd suggest just going to the weekend games, and looking back, I'm glad I went Idea


There is no way it takes you 70 minutes from the Presidio.


If you're talking to the Walnut Creek person (me), when we go to the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park, it's more like 90 minutes. And with any traffic, two hours.

Public transit would require relying on Muni, and that's pretty much the end of that discussion ...




You're right, it doesn't take 70 minutes... it actually takes 67 minutes, by google maps. Idea

Of course, we all know that Muni runs perfectly on time...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Legion+of+Honor,+San+Francisco,+CA/16th+St+%26+3rd+St/@37.7790467,-122.4787751,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x808587accf094b99:0x44880639f0efdc4b!2m2!1d-122.4994072!2d37.7850296!1m5!1m1!1s0x808f7fc6096e5cd9:0x7aa385023f111045!2m2!1d-122.3890034!2d37.7669764!3e3




_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9430



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Shmermerer1 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
yeah, it's sounding almost as bad as Westchester for those in the East Bay, which is a large proportion of the Bay Area population. ugh.


I am six miles away from the arena site, but it would probably be a 35 minute drive even when there's no traffic and no parking issues because more than half of the city has no ready freeway access. Public transportation is pretty poor at night so that's not a fun weekday option either.



I live near the Golden Gate Bridge/Presidio, and it takes 70 mins by bus for $3 to get to the proposed arena, but only 20 mins by car. Uber/Lyft takes the same amount of time but costs ~$25 each way. So, I will likely drive unless they do like the SF Giants do and charge $100 for gameday parking... Razz

On the bright side, when I drove to the SAC Monarchs games, it was over 110 miles away and 130 minutes of driving... 160 minutes on Fridays and holidays... but only $20 parking Twisted Evil Did I mention that my Mercedes SUV gets ~9 mpg? Twisted Evil I did that drive for every game for 9 years Shocked Exclamation

In short, it could be worse, and if it's that bad, I'd suggest just going to the weekend games, and looking back, I'm glad I went Idea


There is no way it takes you 70 minutes from the Presidio.


If you're talking to the Walnut Creek person (me), when we go to the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park, it's more like 90 minutes. And with any traffic, two hours.

Public transit would require relying on Muni, and that's pretty much the end of that discussion ...




You're right, it doesn't take 70 minutes... it actually takes 67 minutes, by google maps. Idea

Of course, we all know that Muni runs perfectly on time...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Legion+of+Honor,+San+Francisco,+CA/16th+St+%26+3rd+St/@37.7790467,-122.4787751,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x808587accf094b99:0x44880639f0efdc4b!2m2!1d-122.4994072!2d37.7850296!1m5!1m1!1s0x808f7fc6096e5cd9:0x7aa385023f111045!2m2!1d-122.3890034!2d37.7669764!3e3



Sorry to clog up the thread with Bay Area minutiae -- but put Google Maps in a car and see how long it takes them to get there. We love that museum and the Beach Chalet but it's a major trek to get there. And coming home is usually worse ...

But to return to the topic of the thread: That's a 31-mile trip and generously, it takes 1 hour and seven minutes to do so with no traffic.

Google Maps also points out that arriving by 6:37 p.m. on a Tuesday means leaving 1 hour and 50 minutes early. For 31 miles.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3516
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Discussing location in the Bay Area is difficult, because it depends on where you live. Bay Area sprawl includes parts that are car only, public transportation only and a combination. Where you live and work dramatically changes what is convenient. East Bay, the City, Silicon Valley: they are all distinct and even hardcore fans will find it difficult if the team is not in their area. This is similar to the problem the Liberty faces, but New York is far more tilted to public transit, so moving away from public transit was a disaster.

Coming from out of town I certainly prefer locations that are more car friendly, and the San Francisco location will be very inconvenient. Driving over the bridge will not only incur a toll but also a hefty parking fee. And for an evening game it will also mean rush hour traffic. The alternative of BART would be fine if the arena was walking distance from a station, but each additional hurdle makes it less likely that I will do it more than once or twice a year.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18200



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would a team in San Francisco and Sacramento be able to thrive? Monarchs usually drew well and the possibility of them returning and a team in the Bay Area might dwindle the fan base. Thoughts?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3516
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Would a team in San Francisco and Sacramento be able to thrive? Monarchs usually drew well and the possibility of them returning and a team in the Bay Area might dwindle the fan base. Thoughts?


I actually believe that two teams would be a help, not a hindrance. There will be some marginal splitting of allegiance, but it would be more than made up by the advantages of a rivalry. (I know that either team would naturally hate LA.) But the dynamics of the WNBA would not allow for 2 Northern California teams unless the League expanded back to 16 teams.


ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9430



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Golden1 Arena in Sacramento would be cheaper and could probably use the dates, but the Monarchs didn't draw all that well ... if they had really sold a lot of tickets, the Maloofs wouldn't have folded the team.

I think the ceiling is a lot higher in San Francisco, and from the league's perspective, TV ratings and media coverage would be better in the Bay Area.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 24432



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you're adding West Coast teams:
1. Bay Area
2. Portland

maybe:
Sacramento
San Diego

other possible westerly locations:
Denver
Salt Lake City



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18200



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on demographics and the draw of women's college bball.

1. Bay Area
2. Nashville/Knoxville
3. Portland
4. Louisville
5. Houston
6. Denver



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
willtalk



Joined: 13 Apr 2012
Posts: 587
Location: NorCal


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Would a team in San Francisco and Sacramento be able to thrive? Monarchs usually drew well and the possibility of them returning and a team in the Bay Area might dwindle the fan base. Thoughts?


What if they split the difference and made if a Nor Cal team which played in both locations for a year. Then they could always locate in the area that worked out best for them.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin