RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

No votes for Tina
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/18 9:58 am    ::: No votes for Tina Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles finished 7th in the league in scoring but received no MVP votes. She's the highest scoring player to be shut out of MVP voting. Past high point snubs...

1997 Jennifer Gillom 5th in scoring
1998 Tamecka Dixon 5th
1999 Adrienne Goodson 9th
2000 Sophia Witherspoon 12th
2001 Lauren Jackson 8th
2002 Marie Ferdinand 11th
2003 Nykesha Sales 8th
2004 Sheryl Swoopes 8th
2005 Alana Beard 9th
2006 Cappie Pondexter 4th
2007 Cappie Pondexter 8th
2008 Jia Perkins 11th
2009 Asjha Jones 8th
2010 Sylvia Fowles 6th
2011 Crystal Langhorne 4th
2012 Katie Douglas 10th
2013 Cappie Pondexter 8th
2014 Skylar Diggins 2nd
2015 Riquna Williams 6th
2016 Jewell Loyd 8th
2017 Jewell Loyd 9th
2018 Tina Charles 7th

PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When your team wins 7 games you don't get MVP votes. Especially when your rebounding slips and you're not a defensive paint presence. Man on man she had a better defensive year than most of her teammates, but still.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles is a good scorer and rebounder but a LOUSY WNBA star if you wanna call her that. She’s never made her teammates better. She shows zero leadership qualities and passion. Never has fired her team up. Out of all the big Uconn star WNBA players, she’s done shit in the WNBA. If I were on the voting panel, she’d get no vote from me either.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/31/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Charles is a good scorer and rebounder but a LOUSY WNBA star if you wanna call her that. She’s never made her teammates better. She shows zero leadership qualities and passion. Never has fired her team up. Out of all the big Uconn star WNBA players, she’s done shit in the WNBA. If I were on the voting panel, she’d get no vote from me either.

+1

PostPosted: 08/31/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She’s won 20+ games five times. With Piph, Rodgers, Zellous and Lawson being her best perimeter option in four of those seasons. And no pure PG on any of them. If that’s not making your teammates better I’m not really sure what is. Maya and Fowles together won 18 just this year.

You can’t give one star player a mediocre supporting cast and expect miracles.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Unless the one is Tamika Catchings...

PostPosted: 08/31/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Fair point.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
She’s won 20+ games five times. With Piph, Rodgers, Zellous and Lawson being her best perimeter option in four of those seasons. And no pure PG on any of them. If that’s not making your teammates better I’m not really sure what is. Maya and Fowles together won 18 just this year.

Like I said, great scorer/rebounder, but no drive and passion like other WNBA players. She’s just, I don’t know, very lackluster. Not exciting at all to watch. She’s not WNBA championship material and never will be.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/31/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles has an MVP, 6 All Star appearances, 7th in career rebounds, and 16th in career scoring. Yes, very lackluster and down right mediocre if you ask me. Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/31/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Charles has an MVP, 6 All Star appearances, 7th in career rebounds, and 16th in career scoring. Yes, very lackluster and down right mediocre if you ask me. :lol:

She's got "Compiler" written all over her.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/31/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Like I said, great scorer/rebounder, but no drive and passion like other WNBA players. She’s just, I don’t know, very lackluster. Not exciting at all to watch. She’s not WNBA championship material and never will be.

The Sun always piss their pants when it matters. Jonquel will never be MVP. Guess you have to try and rain on someone's parade!!! Lol like others on this thread mentioned, her resume' speaks for itself. WNBA 09 is salty that Dallas will never be a contender.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/31/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone has the right to say which players they find "exciting" and which they don't. But saying that Tina Charles has no "drive" or "passion" (as is said above) is simply ridiculous.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

You can say that again! She was fantastic!

toad455

PostPosted: 08/31/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles didn't exactly have her best season. But then the Liberty had their worst season. Not much help for Tina this year.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/31/18 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Charles didn't exactly have her best season. But then the Liberty had their worst season. Not much help for Tina this year.

So 0 votes deserved.

PostPosted: 09/01/18 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So 0 votes deserved.

Cambage just cries around and you thought she was the MVP with a losing record. 0 votes also deserved

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/01/18 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So 0 votes deserved.

Cambage just cries around and you thought she was the MVP with a losing record. 0 votes also deserved

Lol she just cries around sure her #'s say otherwise. You mad bc Tina charles got 0 votes in real life ? Cambage came in 2nd , get over it . Arrow Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 09/01/18 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz was a force this year so it's just not a comparison. Record aside, Liz was more of a game-changer than Tina, so it's not even worth the comparison.

Charles, while drawing her customary double and occasionally triple teams this year, was as potent a scorer as ever. But I wouldn't call her a force. Her decline in rebounding is very much a concern of mine. As is the occurrence of back spasms for the second straight year. She's starting to show signs of paying a price for all the 35 minute nights taking a pounding inside.

PostPosted: 09/01/18 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Liz was a force this year so it's just not a comparison. Record aside, Liz was more of a game-changer than Tina, so it's not even worth the comparison.

Charles, while drawing her customary double and occasionally triple teams this year, was as potent a scorer as ever. But I wouldn't call her a force. Her decline in rebounding is very much a concern of mine. As is the occurrence of back spasms for the second straight year. She's starting to show signs of paying a price for all the 35 minute nights taking a pounding inside.

This __________ . I miss the work horse Tina as well .

PostPosted: 09/01/18 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina is a great player, but yeah you don't get votes when you're on a 7 win team, it is not that deep.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 09/01/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not about the votes. It's about attacking the career of a future Hall of Famer.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/01/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
It's not about the votes. It's about attacking the career of a future Hall of Famer.

She's not the only HOFer on that list

PostPosted: 09/01/18 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

The Sun always piss their pants when it matters. Jonquel will never be MVP. Guess you have to try and rain on someone's parade!!! Lol like others on this thread mentioned, her resume' speaks for itself. WNBA 09 is salty that Dallas will never be a contender.

What does this have to do with the Sun? I was not even a fan of Charles when she was WITH the Sun. And how do you know Jonquel Jones will never win an MVP? She was pretty high on the MVP list last season. But if she’s not, who cares? And why bring it up? I could careless if JJ is EVER MVP. What a sourpuss NY Liberty fan.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/01/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So 0 votes deserved.

Sorry, but Charles isn’t even close to the level that Cambage is. Griner isn’t even close to the level that Cambage is. Sadly for WNBA fans, Cambage isn’t all that into the WNBA.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 09/01/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

What does this have to do with the Sun? I was not even a fan of Charles when she was WITH the Sun. And how do you know Jonquel Jones will never win an MVP? She was pretty high on the MVP list last season. But if she’s not, who cares? And why bring it up? I could careless if JJ is EVER MVP. What a sourpuss NY Liberty fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: