RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Reeve: We have no "untouchables".
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/31/18 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Have you seen her play lately? Apparently not.

I wish when Reeve is on her podcast, talking about how the Storm are a great team this year because they finally have a top defense to go along with their offense, the host would rip Reeve saying, "Of course Seattle is much better, because you gifted them an All-WNBA Defensive star player in Natasha Howard instead of keeping her and giving her a chance on the Lynx, and when you traded her, you got barely anything in return, and signed Free Agents who contributed little this year instead! How couldn't you afford her, when you had several vets contracts off the books and talent is hard to come by in this league?!", but the media is too nice, or stupid to come up with the connection, to ever press her.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/31/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

Agler seem to have been drafting for the Mystics. Jasmine Thomas and Bria Hartley spent less than a few hours as a Seattle Storm. Tianna Hawkins was sent to the Mystics after a 1 year stint with the Storm.

Shades wrote:
Hartley and Hawkins were a draft day trade for Langhorne.
https://www.swishappeal.com/2014/4/14/5615320/wnba-trade-2014-bria-hartley-tianna-hawkins-washington-mystics

And Jasmine Thomas, who went on to have a productive career, was sent away in a 3-way trade that brought back 1 season of Old Katie Smith.

None of this is to say that the Storm were wrong and bad to do these things, or that Agler is a bad coach. He obviously isn't. But he was never interested in young players or being part of a rebuild. He held on with veteran retreads as long as he could, then bailed.

Obviously, if the Storm had sucked less when the bottom fell out (and we hadn't gotten lucky with the ping-pong balls) we wouldn't have Jewell and Stewie now.

It's really hard to avoid a decline phase after a run of success. It's no fun for the fans while it's happening though. Case in point: the Seattle Seahawks.

Captain Obvious out.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/31/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t want to be the Seahawks. I want to be the Patriots. If Reeve isn’t the person to keep us the Patriots, then she gotta go as GM.... until they can find someone to do it better... which might take a while. Okay, she doesn’t have to go but she has to get better fast. Maybe read this board if she’s struggling with her decisions? She needs to retract her “no untouchables” comment, because that was just Reeve trying to act all tough and cool, when she actually came off as stupid.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/31/18 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I don’t want to be the Seahawks. I want to be the Patriots. If Reeve isn’t the person to keep us the Patriots, then she gotta go as GM.... until they can find someone to do it better... which might take a while. Okay, she doesn’t have to go but she has to get better fast. Maybe read this board if she’s struggling with her decisions? She needs to retract her “no untouchables” comment, because that was just Reeve trying to act all tough and cool, when she actually came off as stupid.

Or the Spurs. Even if the Spurs haven't won a title in a few years (it doesn't help that the Warriors became basically a Dream Team), they at least set up their team to be good every year and so they would continue to be good even when Duncan/Parker/Ginoboli are all gone. Reeve getting rid of players like Howard for nothing doesn't give me confidence in her ability to set the Lynx up when Augustus/Whalen/Brunson are all gone.
Of course, wanting the Lynx to still be a contender by not making moves that make no sense, and making moves that make sense, means I'm an entitled brat. Smile

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/31/18 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Two isn’t enough to win a championship. Brit and DT couldn’t do it. Candace and Nneke couldn’t either. You need that third.

Unless you have Tamika Catchings, then one is enough

January, Zellous, Phillips, and Larkins were outstanding though.

It’s just rare to have role players do that, which is why you tend to need the stars.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: