RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Reeve: We have no "untouchables".
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 08/28/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reeve: We have no "untouchables". Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Jsk8PZLVOI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@21:02

Quote:
Is there anybody on this roster that you consider untouchable?

Reeve: “There’s nobody untouchable. I think a lot of GMs would say that. There’s certainly preferences. But I think that we’re in a place where any phone call that comes—and talk about anybody—you listen to it.

“We’ve had labels of untouchables in the past. Would it take a whole lot to move a player or two? Absolutely. But at this point, we are open to how we have this roster shaped going forward.”

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/28/18 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soooooo, about trading Emma for a SF... Twisted Evil

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/28/18 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where is Elliott Ness when you need him to shoot down lies and deceptive words at a press meeting. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/28/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Where is Elliott Ness when you need him to shoot down lies and deceptive words at a press meeting. Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't buy it. Do we really think Reeve would Trade Maya or Fowles? Yeah right.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
I don't buy it. Do we really think Reeve would Trade Maya or Fowles? Yeah right.

Reeve traded one of the league's top players for only a 2nd round pick to hurt the Lynx's chances of winning this year and the future, so I wouldn't put it past her. Smile

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Reeve traded one of the league's top players for only a 2nd round pick to hurt the Lynx's chances of winning this year and the future, so I wouldn't put it past her. Smile

She’s going full tank. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

If she seriously contemplates it without a trade request, she needs to be removed quickly before she causes any more damage.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/28/18 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who exactly does she think she could get in exchange for Fowles? Of course, she has "untouchables." Fowles isn't going anywhere.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Who exactly does she think she could get in exchange for Fowles? Of course, she has "untouchables." Fowles isn't going anywhere.

Fowles for Cambage??? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

January for Moore. Wink

Reeves loves her some vets on their last legs headed out the door.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
January for Moore. Wink

Reeves loves her some vets on their last legs headed out the door.

Reeve judges players based on how good they were in 2013, or earlier—not on how good they are now or will be in the future. Smile Howard didn't do anything in the WNBA in 2013, so she had to get rid of her in favor of "Good In 2013 Player", Tanisha Wright. Maya was pretty good in 2013, so Reeve probably won't get rid of her, but she might get rid of the #6 pick when she finds out there are no players eligible in the draft who were good in the WNBA in 2013. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 08/28/18 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no problem with Reeve saying that. It's the right approach to have as a GM, especially the GM of an ageing squad that just went virtually .500. Nothing's off the table, and if someone wants to call, we'll talk. Obviously it takes a godfather offer to get Moore or Fowles, but what does it hurt to listen?

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last coach I heard say they didn't have any untouchables only lasted the next season before getting canned. Of course, that was in the men's game, but still.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I have no problem with Reeve saying that. It's the right approach to have as a GM, especially the GM of an ageing squad that just went virtually .500. Nothing's off the table, and if someone wants to call, we'll talk. Obviously it takes a godfather offer to get Moore or Fowles, but what does it hurt to listen?

With the judgement Reeve has shown this season as the GM, yes it could potentially hurt quite a bit.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

With the judgement Reeve has shown this season as the GM, yes it could potentially hurt quite a bit.

Could be a face saving move to foreshadow trade request(s) that she think is(are) coming. I thought that Augustus and Brunson were untouchable due to a promise made never to trade or cut them.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Could be a face saving move to foreshadow trade request(s) that she think is(are) coming. I thought that Augustus and Brunson were untouchable due to a promise made never to trade or cut them.

At this point, they wouldn’t get much in return. Might as well keep them and the goodwill.

Last edited by Shades on 08/29/18 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 08/29/18 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not having "untouchables" is the right way to GM. Not having "untouchbles" is how you end up trading Herschel Walker for a NFL Dynasty.

What it would take to get someone like Moore or Fowles would be so ridiculous that it would take a moron GM to actually go for it. But every single player on your roster should have a value at which you would pull the trigger and it would be detrimental not to.

PostPosted: 08/29/18 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Not having "untouchables" is the right way to GM. Not having "untouchbles" is how you end up trading Herschel Walker for a NFL Dynasty.

What it would take to get someone like Moore or Fowles would be so ridiculous that it would take a moron GM to actually go for it. But every single player on your roster should have a value at which you would pull the trigger and it would be detrimental not to.

You previously praised an alleged promise by Reeve never to cut or trade certain players. I believe that was at least Whalen, Augustus and Brunson. Was that wrong, or is Reeve going back on her word?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/29/18 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Except the biggest moron GM is Cheryl Reeve because she already traded a potential WNBA Dynasty for a 2nd round pick because she obviously only cares about winning titles for other teams, and not the Lynx. I am outraged I let myself get brainwashed into thinking otherwise (because everybody on the board except Shades was thinking trading Howard for nothing was a great trade by the Lynx), because the most obvious outcome in the history of sports is about to happen http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1501890#1501890 and I didn't bet on it, even though the payout would've probably been enormous (so I could move out of the basement)! FML!

toad455

PostPosted: 08/29/18 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles to Vegas for the #1 pick & Jefferson?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/29/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only PG who might be available is Ionescu. Minnesota has a chip with #6 to offer Trader Bill ...

Obviously Moore and Fowles aren't in this equation, but what else can the Lynx offer? The first-rounder in 2020 seems like too much, and second-rounders aren't worth anything ...

PostPosted: 08/29/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The only PG who might be available is Ionescu. Minnesota has a chip with #6 to offer Trader Bill ...

Obviously Moore and Fowles aren't in this equation, but what else can the Lynx offer? The first-rounder in 2020 seems like too much, and second-rounders aren't worth anything ...

The Lynx should just keep the #6 pick, and this also proves how big of an idiot Reeve is, unless her job is to make every WNBA team except the Lynx better, because if she actually held onto Howard and actually played her to make look good, she could've fetched way more than just the 2nd round pick Reeve got for her if the Lynx (because she was so desperate to get rid of Howard, she created leverage against herself) decided it was worth trading up or getting a quality player at another position.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fowles to Vegas for the #1 pick & Jefferson?

No, we already have a 5 year older version of Jefferson in DRob, who just signed for multiple years without Reeve testing the FA market in January for PG’s (Boyd, Cloud 9). Both DRob and Jefferson get bounced around the court like ping pong balls because they are so light, and they’re injury prone.

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
justintyme wrote:

You previously praised an alleged promise by Reeve never to cut or trade certain players. I believe that was at least Whalen, Augustus and Brunson. Was that wrong, or is Reeve going back on her word?

As I said at the time, the promise (which was to Augustus alone, iirc) is a fair one. She also said that she would not trade her without her blessing. Which means you still field offers and then check in. Saying there are no "untouchables" is not saying you are actively seeking trades or that they are by any means "on the block". All it means is that you are not artificially limiting yourself before you have even heard an offer.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: