RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Atlanta Dream 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9319



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/11/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So did he replace anyone? It sounds like a new position, which would imply an investment on the part of the owners. And if they're investing in the franchise, then hopefully they're committed to making it work in Atlanta.



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8655



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/11/18 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So did he replace anyone? It sounds like a new position, which would imply an investment on the part of the owners. And if they're investing in the franchise, then hopefully they're committed to making it work in Atlanta.


It looks like he replaced Teresa Wenzel as Team President. She is no longer on the web page. The Dream President position is a bit of a hot potato - there have been a lot of Team Presidents come and go over the years. I have to assume that Wenzel did not leave to retire or they might have mentioned that. She lasted about 2.5 years which is pretty good for a Dream President. Could have been they just figured they didn't need two people to do one job, and Sienko clearly had much better talent evaluation credentials. Wenzel was a assistant AD at Georgia Tech for 10 years, which seems more of an administrative function. It seems she let Cooper handle talent evaluation. We will likely never know, but it would be nice to see someone stick for a while. (Maybe that's just the way it is in the world of pro sport I don't know.)

http://dream.wnba.com/news/atlanta-dream-tabs-theresa-wenzel-as-team-president/


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49471



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/25/18 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that Parker is with Turner Sports, any chance she might want to move to ATL? Too bad the Dream don’t seem to be the most rock solid club with their low attendance.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49471



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote



Check out this crazy uniform. If you took away the shorts aspect, doesn’t it look sort of like something you’d find at a hip dress shop?

Anyway, that was just a side observation. I wanted to point out that the player pictured in that uni, Alexis Prince, tallied up 41 pts, 9 reb in a game in France(?). Those are pretty nice numbers no matter where you play. I always thought she was a bit underrated as a prospect. Has her time come?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 12/06/18 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love those uniforms



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17685



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?


I talked to my ticket rep earlier this week. She said there should be an announcement by the end of the month.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8655



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?


I talked to my ticket rep earlier this week. She said there should be an announcement by the end of the month.


Did she hint which way it would go or just there would be an announcement?


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
any word if the Dream are playing at Phillips Arena(ummm, State Farm Arena) in 2019?


I talked to my ticket rep earlier this week. She said there should be an announcement by the end of the month.


Did she hint which way it would go or just there would be an announcement?


She thought they'd be back at Phillips



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
StevenHW



Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 10306
Location: Sacramento, California


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:


Check out this crazy uniform. If you took away the shorts aspect, doesn’t it look sort of like something you’d find at a hip dress shop?

Anyway, that was just a side observation. I wanted to point out that the player pictured in that uni, Alexis Prince, tallied up 41 pts, 9 reb in a game in France(?). Those are pretty nice numbers no matter where you play. I always thought she was a bit underrated as a prospect. Has her time come?


With that uniform, YES! Very Happy



_________________
"The more I see of the moneyed classes, the more I understand the guillotine." -- George Bernard Shaw
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin