RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What the GOP would say if Trump shot Cohen in broad daylight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 8:28 am    ::: What the GOP would say if Trump shot Cohen in broad daylight Reply Reply with quote

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/23/trump-michael-cohen-broad-daylight

House speaker Paul Ryan:
“If these reports are true – I emphasize IF – then yes, I’m very concerned. I don’t think the president should be killing people in broad daylight in front of Tiffany’s. But I’m not a legal expert, I could be wrong.”

Senator Mitch McConnell:
“People die every day in this country. I’m not going to let myself get sidetracked by these distractions.”

PostPosted: 08/24/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also what the Democrats would say if an illegal alien knifes a young woman higher to death in Iowa,

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/24/18 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Also what the Democrats would say if an illegal alien knifes a young woman higher to death in Iowa,

I am pretty sure no one is minimizing what the killer did or that he should not be severely punished.

To bring it back to the original analogy, if Trump shot Cohen, Democrats would say that getting rid of presidents or assuming all presidents are bad because he did that is just dumb as fuck.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:

I am pretty sure no one is minimizing what the killer did or that he should not be severely punished.

They have to minimize it, as Elizabeth Warren did, turning into an opportunity to virtue signal her concern for illegal economic migrants, because they have made embracing illegal immigrants a core part of their platform post-Trump. It is the same way the Republicans need to minimize school shooting because guns are a key part of their platform.

Quote:
To bring it back to the original analogy, if Trump shot Cohen, Democrats would say that getting rid of presidents or assuming all presidents are bad because he did that is just dumb as fuck.

I don’t think that any analogy has hope of being correct without ILLEGAL in it.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/24/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

If men didn’t feel entitled to women’s bodies, she’d still be alive.

That wasn’t an immigration issue. That was a woman’s issue. Don’t forget, a man just murders his wife and children, for the same reason. But let’s just forget about that, and politicize Mollie’s death against undocumented immigrants - after the family asked Republicans not to.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 08/24/18 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 08/24/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not exactly clear I could navigate all details in all the above posts, but....I *think* I got the gist of it. Cool

Did anyone else see the story that the illegal alien was employed by a locally prominent Republican farm family? Shocked

I was hugely impressed by Mollie's family's requests to not politicize the status of the perp. Politicizing that is akin to announcing that the Colorado dad that murdered his pregnant wife and 2 little girls was a Trump supporter. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/24/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I'm not exactly clear I could navigate all details in all the above posts, but....I *think* I got the gist of it. 8)

Did anyone else see the story that the illegal alien was employed by a locally prominent Republican farm family? :shock:

I was hugely impressed by Mollie's family's requests to not politicize the status of the perp. Politicizing that is akin to announcing that the Colorado dad that murdered his pregnant wife and 2 little girls was a Trump supporter. :roll: :roll:

+1

tfan

PostPosted: 08/25/18 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Did anyone else see the story that the illegal alien was employed by a locally prominent Republican farm family? Shocked

Rich Republicans love illegal workers as much as rich Democrats (and an illegal workforce is something that the "party of the rich" should love and "the former party of workers" should not). It is a myth that "the right wants to end illegal immigration". That myth is usually done with two helpings of "because they are racist and white supremacists". If you note, neither Senate Leader McConnell or House Leader Ryan is working to fund Trump's wall and we are now a year and a half into his presidency. And you don't hear about more employers being cited for hiring illegal workers under Republican administrations than Democratic administrations. And of the 17 Republican candidates for president in 2016, and all the prior ones combined, only two that I can recall, have spoken out against ILLEGAL immigration - Donald Trump in 2016 and Pat Buchanan in 1992 (and probably 1996).

Both parties are in agreement - ILLEGAL immigration and an ILLEGAL workforce are good. The main difference is that the Democrats use illegal aliens for virtue signaling, while they illogically simultaneously complain about low wages for American workers at the bottom rungs.

Last edited by tfan on 08/25/18 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 08/25/18 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
tfan wrote:

If men didn’t feel entitled to women’s bodies, she’d still be alive.

When Jon Beney Ramsey was murdered in the mid-1990's, Terry Gross of "Fresh Air" had an ex-FBI guy on her radio show. I believe that he had written a book on child kidnappers/murderers, but nevertheless he had been involved with them as part of his FBI work. At one point he said that the men who do that type of thing are sadists and take great pleasure from inflicting pain on the children and murdering them. I would characterize those men as pathological and sadistic towards children (at a minimum). I wouldn't say that they felt "entitled to the children's bodies". I would characterize guys like the illegal immigrant the same way. Sadistic feelings towards young women, and with no guilt about what he wants to do - i.e., pathological. To me, phrasing it as "entitled to women's bodies" sounds like you are adding anti-abortion as a related issue.

Quote:
That wasn’t an immigration issue. That was a woman’s issue.

When "this" is used for this specific crime, then it seems it can clearly be said that if we enforced immigration law, the murder would not have occurred. That is - this crime - could have been solved if we had made illegal immigration an issue in years past. I don't see how you can get around it. I think the correct way to state it for someone who supports illegal workers is to say: there is always going to be a sadistic murderers of young women in every group, be they citizens or illegal aliens.

Quote:
Don’t forget, a man just murders his wife and children, for the same reason. But let’s just forget about that, and politicize Mollie’s death against undocumented immigrants - after the family asked Republicans not to.

That man felt "entitled to the bodies of his children"? What if he had instead killed his neighbor over a dispute or someone in road rage. Wouldn't we characterize it differently than "felt entitled to their bodies" even though anger and a lack of concern for the victim are the main thing involved in all three?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/27/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/opinion/immigration-trump-mollie-tibbetts.html

Quote:
Virtually all research concludes that immigrants, especially undocumented immigrants, commit fewer crimes, including violent crimes, than native-born Americans

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/24/opinion/immigration-trump-mollie-tibbetts.html

Quote:
Virtually all research concludes that immigrants, especially undocumented immigrants, commit fewer crimes, including violent crimes, than native-born Americans

Yuppies should rent or buy in illegal alien neighborhoods. Cheaper and safer. Unless they live in Arizona.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: