RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ambassador Stewie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:34 am    ::: Ambassador Stewie Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/csienko11/status/1170716109609340931

Quote:
It’s the last gameday of the 2019 season - while that makes us sad, we are equally sad that the “ambassador” never made it to Atlanta in an effort to spread good will across the land. Oh well, maybe next year?

Anybody else not see the "ambassador" this year?

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing I mean, he’s not wrong.

I only recall Stewie making west coast appearances: LA, Phoenix, and maybe Vegas if she was at the all-star game? I don’t remember. Gotta be west of the Rockies for her to come “ambass” in your city Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:41 am    ::: Re: Ambassador Stewie Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
It’s the last gameday of the 2019 season - while that makes us sad, we are equally sad that the “ambassador” never made it to Atlanta in an effort to spread good will across the land. Oh well, maybe next year?

Perhaps this is the Dream's way of saying they aren't going anywhere? You have to think Howard Megdal has been looking for a story.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/08/19 11:56 am    ::: Re: Ambassador Stewie Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Perhaps this is the Dream's way of saying they aren't going anywhere? You have to think Howard Megdal has been looking for a story.

Oh, this is just well deserved shade being thrown at the league for the whole thing.

PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She suffered a torn Achilles. I’m not a medical expert, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do so much traveling in that condition.

PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
She suffered a torn Achilles. I’m not a medical expert, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to do so much traveling in that condition.

According to her Instagram she flew to Serbia for Sonja Petrovic’s wedding, so that doesn’t seem like an issue.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

According to her Instagram she flew to Serbia for Sonja Petrovic’s wedding, so that doesn’t seem like an issue.

And even if that were the case, wouldn't that just mean she wasn't a good candidate for ambassador? Hmm?

PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
miller40 wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

And even if that were the case, wouldn't that just mean she wasn't a good candidate for ambassador? Hmm?

It's almost like it wasn't about being an ambassador at all ...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/08/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

But herfirst priority is her rehab.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I follow stewie on snapchat.. She has been to multiple games (los angeles, las vegas, phoenix) and events (launch of the nba game).

As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

As it should be. Which is why the league paying her half of her salary as an "ambassador" should be seen as the bullshit special kickback it really is.

That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

That is an issue with the league. Not Stewie s fault. So complaining about her not going to atlanta is just nonsense. They should worry about getting fans to their own game instead of Stewie

I think they're saying a real ambassador would be helpful in that regard

PostPosted: 09/08/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

If they would really market her being at the game. Maybe arrange meet and greets with fans etc. But this is the wnba. They dont think about this kind of stuff in advance..

toad455

PostPosted: 09/08/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We all know it was a phony job made up so she could get paid this season and not count towards Seattle's roster. Don't think we'll see this type of "job" again.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 09/08/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

If they would really market her being at the game. Maybe arrange meet and greets with fans etc. But this is the wnba. They dont think about this kind of stuff in advance..

Dream have done meet and greets in the past - I recall Catchings and Parker to name a few. Not fair assume they didn't try.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/08/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

It was a jab at the league. I doubt they have any animosity toward Stewie as they wouldn't have expected her to turn it down. I mean, what player would? "No, don't give me money to rehab..."

The point is that the whole "ambassadorship" was a bit of sham, sprung at the last second, and something that wasn't made available to other teams who have had star players out with injury. I'm sure the Dream aren't the only team feeling salty about it.

PostPosted: 09/09/19 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

It was a jab at the league. I doubt they have any animosity toward Stewie as they wouldn't have expected her to turn it down. I mean, what player would? "No, don't give me money to rehab..."

The point is that the whole "ambassadorship" was a bit of sham, sprung at the last second, and something that wasn't made available to other teams who have had star players out with injury. I'm sure the Dream aren't the only team feeling salty about it.

Agreed 100%. Michelle, I don't feel this is a jab at Stewie at all. But Atlanta's GM is just saying they had their superstar out for the entire year and didn't get a gig where someone paid her so they could suspend her and pick up another player. I don't know how much that would have helped us this year, but, still. I feel this is 100% a jab at the league office and is nothing personal against her. Smile

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/03/19 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is she an NFL ambassador too?

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/1179971030208565248

PostPosted: 10/03/19 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Is she an NFL ambassador too?

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/1179971030208565248

After she recovers she will forever be known as Breanna Ambassador Stewart

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: