RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Top 100 scorers in WNBA history
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/11 5:13 pm    ::: Top 100 scorers in WNBA history Reply Reply with quote

1 Tina Thompson 6751
2 Lisa Leslie 6263
3 Katie Smith 6015
4 Lauren Jackson 5915
5 Diana Taurasi 5423
6 Tamika Catchings 5176
7 Becky Hammon 5090
8 Tangela Smith 5011
9 Sheryl Swoopes 4875
10 DeLisha Milton-Jones 4863
11 Taj McWilliams 4737
12 Chamique Holdsclaw 4716
13 Katie Douglas 4553
14 Vickie Johnson 4243
15 Yolanda Griffith 4238
16 Sue Bird 4103
17 Swin Cash 4032
18 Deanna Nolan 3971
19 Nykesha Sales 3955
20 Penny Taylor 3863
21 Betty Lennox 3856
22 Chasity Melvin 3814
23 Cappie Pondexter 3803
24 Asjha Jones 3591
25 Mwadi Mabika 3572
26 Shannon Johnson 3554
27 Tamecka Dixon 3500
28 Tammy Sutton-Brown 3370
29 Tamika Whitmore 3363
30 Sheri Sam 3353
31 Andrea Stinson 3351
32 Margo Dydek 3220
33 Seimone Augustus 3203
34 Lindsay Whalen 3170
35 Wendy Palmer 3140
36 Candice Dupree 3130
37 Alana Beard 3128
38 Sophia Young 3093
39 Marie Ferdinand-Harris 3001
40 Michelle Snow 2994
41 Nicole Powell 2924
42 Jennifer Gillom 2896
43 Natalie Williams 2894
44 Dominique Canty 2762
45 Ticha Penicheiro 2714
46 Adrienne Goodson 2705
47 Iziane Castro Marques 2660
48 Janeth Arcain 2652
49 Kara Lawson 2636
50 Jia Perkins 2619
51 Cynthia Cooper 2601
52 Kelly Miller 2559
53 Nikki McCray 2550
54 Crystal Robinson 2502
55 Plenette Pierson 2454
56 Anna DeForge 2413
57 Shameka Christon 2380
58 Rebekkah Brunson 2372
59 Merlakia Jones 2353
60 Ruth Riley 2328
61 Svetlana Abrosimova 2324
62 DeMya Walker 2281
63 Allison Feaster 2260
64 Dawn Staley 2226
65 Sophia Witherspoon 2219
66 Ruthie Bolton 2183
67 Murriel Page 2154
68 Tari Phillips 2136
69 Cheryl Ford 2116
70 Elena Baranova 2110
71 Tan White 2069
72 Vicky Bullett 2018
73 Coco Miller 2006
74 Nicole Ohlde 1959
75 Kedra Holland-Corn 1938
76 Latasha Byears 1935
77 Ann Wauters 1903
78 Monique Currie 1900
79 Angel McCoughtry 1863
80 Kamila Vodičková 1779
81 Nakia Sanford 1766
82 Tully Bevilaqua 1762
83 Sandy Brondello 1760
84 Ebony Hoffman 1750
85 Cathrine Kraayeveld 1739
86 Sylvia Fowles 1734
87 Sancho Lyttle 1726
88 Kara Braxton 1717
89 Tanisha Wright 1702
90 Crystal Langhorne 1690
90 Nikki Teasley 1690
92 Janel McCarville 1634
93 Lindsey Harding 1591
94 Janell Burse 1580
95 Temeka Johnson 1569
96 Elaine Powell 1505
97 Erika Desouza 1461
98 Candace Parker 1458
99 Hamchétou Maïga-Ba 1451
100 Charlotte Smith 1412

New in the top 100: Angel McCoughtry, Sylvia Fowles, Crystal Langhorne, Lindsey Harding, Erika de Souza, Candace Parker

Out from last year's top 100: Tamika Raymond, Rhonda Mapp, Stacey Dales, Adrain Williams, LaToya Thomas, Bridget Pettis



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52623



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/11 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta get one more year out of Thompson so she can reach the 7000 plateau

I suppose Taurasi will be the new leader within 3 years. That's kinda sick



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
codi



Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 20



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/22/11 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey thanks, interesting and some surprises. Anybody have the data and ambition to post points per minutes played or points per game played?

<Not that points are the only measure of value. >

So glad to see Taj up there, may inspire her to play more seasons for Los Lynxs!!! Laughing


And Hammon really up there yet slighted more often then deserved.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update for 2012

1 Tina Thompson 7009
2 Lisa Leslie 6263
3 Katie Smith 6244
4 Lauren Jackson 6007
5 Tamika Catchings 5766
6 Becky Hammon 5575
7 Diana Taurasi 5535
8 DeLisha Milton-Jones 5203
9 Katie Douglas 5082
10 Tangela Smith 5048
11 Taj McWilliams 5013
12 Sheryl Swoopes 4875
13 Chamique Holdsclaw 4716
14 Cappie Pondexter 4498
15 Sue Bird 4458
16 Swin Cash 4391
17 Vickie Johnson 4243
18 Yolanda Griffith 4238
19 Deanna Nolan 3971
20 Nykesha Sales 3955
21 Penny Taylor 3863
22 Betty Lennox 3856
23 Asjha Jones 3834
24 Chasity Melvin 3814
25 Seimone Augustus 3684
26 Sophia Young 3630
27 Mwadi Mabika 3572
28 Shannon Johnson 3554
29 Lindsay Whalen 3551
30 Alana Beard 3503
31 Tamecka Dixon 3500
32 Tammy Sutton-Brown 3500
33 Tamika Whitmore 3363
34 Sheri Sam 3353
35 Andrea Stinson 3351
36 Candice Dupree 3302
37 Margo Dydek 3220
38 Michelle Snow 3184
39 Nicole Powell 3162
40 Kara Lawson 3148
41 Wendy Palmer 3140
42 Marie Ferdinand-Harris 3001
43 Jia Perkins 2970
44 Jennifer Gillom 2896
45 Natalie Williams 2894
46 Dominique Canty 2779
47 Plenette Pierson 2766
48 Ticha Penicheiro 2747
49 Rebekkah Brunson 2724
50 Adrienne Goodson 2705
51 Iziane Castro Marques 2694
52 Janeth Arcain 2652
53 Shameka Christon 2650
54 Cynthia Cooper 2601
55 Kelly Miller 2570
56 Nikki McCray 2550
57 Crystal Robinson 2502
58 Ruth Riley 2416
59 Anna DeForge 2413
60 Svetlana Abrosimova 2411
61 DeMya Walker 2379
62 Angel McCoughtry 2377
63 Merlakia Jones 2353
64 Monique Currie 2307
65 Allison Feaster 2260
66 Dawn Staley 2226
67 Tan White 2225
68 Sophia Witherspoon 2219
69 Sancho Lyttle 2202
70 Ruthie Bolton 2183
71 Murriel Page 2154
72 Crystal Langhorne 2146
73 Ann Wauters 2144
74 Sylvia Fowles 2140
75 Tari Phillips 2136
76 Cheryl Ford 2116
77 Elena Baranova 2110
78 Coco Miller 2032
79 Candace Parker 2031
80 Vicky Bullett 2018
81 Lindsey Harding 2009
82 Nicole Ohlde 1959
83 Tanisha Wright 1955
84 Kara Braxton 1940
85 Kedra Holland-Corn 1938
86 Latasha Byears 1935
87 Temeka Johnson 1922
88 Cathrine Kraayeveld 1891
89 Nakia Sanford 1890
90 Ebony Hoffman 1799
91 DeWanna Bonner 1789
92 Kamila Vodičková 1779
93 Tully Bevilaqua 1768
94 Camille Little 1767
95 Sandy Brondello 1760
96 Tina Charles 1722
97 Nikki Teasley 1690
98 Renee Montgomery 1650
99 Erika Desouza 1635
100 Janel McCarville 1634


New in the top 100: DeWanna Bonner, Camille Little, Tina Charles, Renee Montgomery

Out from last year's top 100: Charlotte Smith, Hamchetou Maiga, Elaine Powell, Janell Burse

Quote:
I suppose Taurasi will be the new leader within 3 years. That's kinda sick


Taurasi dropped from #5 to #7



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
chamomile1800



Joined: 28 Oct 2008
Posts: 242



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Update for 2012

1 Tina Thompson 7009
2 Lisa Leslie 6263
3 Katie Smith 6244
4 Lauren Jackson 6007
5 Tamika Catchings 5766
6 Becky Hammon 5575
7 Diana Taurasi 5535
8 DeLisha Milton-Jones 5203
9 Katie Douglas 5082
10 Tangela Smith 5048
11 Taj McWilliams 5013
12 Sheryl Swoopes 4875
13 Chamique Holdsclaw 4716
14 Cappie Pondexter 4498
15 Sue Bird 4458
16 Swin Cash 4391
17 Vickie Johnson 4243
18 Yolanda Griffith 4238
19 Deanna Nolan 3971
20 Nykesha Sales 3955
21 Penny Taylor 3863
22 Betty Lennox 3856
23 Asjha Jones 3834
24 Chasity Melvin 3814
25 Seimone Augustus 3684
26 Sophia Young 3630
27 Mwadi Mabika 3572
28 Shannon Johnson 3554
29 Lindsay Whalen 3551
30 Alana Beard 3503
31 Tamecka Dixon 3500
32 Tammy Sutton-Brown 3500
33 Tamika Whitmore 3363
34 Sheri Sam 3353
35 Andrea Stinson 3351
36 Candice Dupree 3302
37 Margo Dydek 3220
38 Michelle Snow 3184
39 Nicole Powell 3162
40 Kara Lawson 3148
41 Wendy Palmer 3140
42 Marie Ferdinand-Harris 3001
43 Jia Perkins 2970
44 Jennifer Gillom 2896
45 Natalie Williams 2894
46 Dominique Canty 2779
47 Plenette Pierson 2766
48 Ticha Penicheiro 2747
49 Rebekkah Brunson 2724
50 Adrienne Goodson 2705
51 Iziane Castro Marques 2694
52 Janeth Arcain 2652
53 Shameka Christon 2650
54 Cynthia Cooper 2601
55 Kelly Miller 2570
56 Nikki McCray 2550
57 Crystal Robinson 2502
58 Ruth Riley 2416
59 Anna DeForge 2413
60 Svetlana Abrosimova 2411
61 DeMya Walker 2379
62 Angel McCoughtry 2377
63 Merlakia Jones 2353
64 Monique Currie 2307
65 Allison Feaster 2260
66 Dawn Staley 2226
67 Tan White 2225
68 Sophia Witherspoon 2219
69 Sancho Lyttle 2202
70 Ruthie Bolton 2183
71 Murriel Page 2154
72 Crystal Langhorne 2146
73 Ann Wauters 2144
74 Sylvia Fowles 2140
75 Tari Phillips 2136
76 Cheryl Ford 2116
77 Elena Baranova 2110
78 Coco Miller 2032
79 Candace Parker 2031
80 Vicky Bullett 2018
81 Lindsey Harding 2009
82 Nicole Ohlde 1959
83 Tanisha Wright 1955
84 Kara Braxton 1940
85 Kedra Holland-Corn 1938
86 Latasha Byears 1935
87 Temeka Johnson 1922
88 Cathrine Kraayeveld 1891
89 Nakia Sanford 1890
90 Ebony Hoffman 1799
91 DeWanna Bonner 1789
92 Kamila Vodičková 1779
93 Tully Bevilaqua 1768
94 Camille Little 1767
95 Sandy Brondello 1760
96 Tina Charles 1722
97 Nikki Teasley 1690
98 Renee Montgomery 1650
99 Erika Desouza 1635
100 Janel McCarville 1634


New in the top 100: DeWanna Bonner, Camille Little, Tina Charles, Renee Montgomery

Out from last year's top 100: Charlotte Smith, Hamchetou Maiga, Elaine Powell, Janell Burse

Quote:
I suppose Taurasi will be the new leader within 3 years. That's kinda sick


Taurasi dropped from #5 to #7


Taurasi's likely to become the leader within a few years though. She only dropped because she didn't play (for various reasons Cool ) Over time, she'll definitely score more than Hammon and Catchings and will likely have greater longevity than them since she's younger. This is all assuming that Tina Thompson ever stops playing Laughing



_________________
“I’m usually not able to say, but Diana is my favorite player. She will continue to be, I think, the best in the world." -Lisa Leslie
Nerd2



Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Posts: 7659



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chamomile1800 wrote:


Taurasi's likely to become the leader within a few years though. She only dropped because she didn't play (for various reasons Cool ) Over time, she'll definitely score more than Hammon and Catchings and will likely have greater longevity than them since she's younger. This is all assuming that Tina Thompson ever stops playing Laughing


DT currently has 5500 points.

If she averages 15 points a game in a season that will be 500 points a season. This means that she would hit 6000 by the end of next year, 7000 in three years and 8000 in five years (age 35). And that's a very conservative estimate.

If you assume she averages her normal 20 ppg and the Merc play 3 extra postseason games a year, then she'd have about 6250 next year, 7000 in two years and have 8000 around the time she celebrates her 34th birthday partway through the fourth year.

So she could have 8,500 after 4 years. That means that even if she slowed down her scoring to that 500 points/season, if she plays healthy 7 more years (see Thompson, Tina) she could be challenging an incredible 10000 points. That's flat out unbelievable.


GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13687
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

DT currently has 5500 points.

If she averages 15 points a game in a season that will be 500 points a season. This means that she would hit 6000 by the end of next year, 7000 in three years and 8000 in five years (age 35). And that's a very conservative estimate.

If you assume she averages her normal 20 ppg and the Merc play 3 extra postseason games a year, then she'd have about 6250 next year, 7000 in two years and have 8000 around the time she celebrates her 34th birthday partway through the fourth year.

So she could have 8,500 after 4 years. That means that even if she slowed down her scoring to that 500 points/season, if she plays healthy 7 more years (see Thompson, Tina) she could be challenging an incredible 10000 points. That's flat out unbelievable.


Not that it would change the numbers that much, but I believe these are only points scored in the regular season.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
SuziQ



Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 3078
Location: Phoenix, Arizona


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm kinda surprised at Cooper's rank, I would've thought she had more. But it does indicate to me that current players score a heckuva lot more than players 10 years ago.



_________________
The secret compartment of my ring I fill, with an Underdog super energy pill.
GEF34



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 13687
Location: Los Angeles


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
I'm kinda surprised at Cooper's rank, I would've thought she had more. But it does indicate to me that current players score a heckuva lot more than players 10 years ago.


Another thing to take into consideration is the length of the season, her first year it was 28, 2nd year it was 30, 3rd and 4th were 32 and her 5th was 34, but she didn't play the entire season. So today's players are getting more points per season because there are more games to get points in. Here first 3 seasons she averaged 22.2, 22.7 and 22.1, it's not like there are a lot of players eclipsing those numbers and they are just scoring more now.

Here are the additional points she would have had has she just hit her average in each of the games that she didn't play in as a result of the shorter season. 1997-133, 1998-91, 1999-44, 2000-35, so I think it's more of today's players benefiting from longer seasons then she not scoring as much as today's players. If each season were 34 games long as it is now and she just hit her averages in each of the remaining games she would have 2,904 which would rank her at 44.



_________________
DeLisha Milton-Jones is my favorite player Smile

Win or Lose LA Sparks Fan for life!!!
RP



Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 1230



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pondexter and McCoughtry could also eventually become all-time leaders, although both may be hampered by having started their careers a bit late.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20377



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/28/12 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the league changed to the 24 second shot, scoring has also gone up, which should be noted.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9916



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/29/12 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
I'm kinda surprised at Cooper's rank, I would've thought she had more. But it does indicate to me that current players score a heckuva lot more than players 10 years ago.


I think points per game are more important than total points.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/30/12 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
I'm kinda surprised at Cooper's rank, I would've thought she had more. But it does indicate to me that current players score a heckuva lot more than players 10 years ago.


Only two players on the list have played fewer games than Cooper. Cooper played 124 games. Angel McCoughtry, a prolific scorer, is more than 200 points behind Coop despite having played more games.

The two with fewer are Candace Parker (118) and Tina Charles (101).



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/16/13 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Update for 2013:




New in the top 100: Ivory Latta, Kristi Toliver, Matee Ajavon, Candice Wiggins

Out from last year: Kamila Vodichkova, Tully Bevilaqua, Sandy Brondello, Nikki Teasley



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8803
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/16/13 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imagine if coop would have been Tina's age when the W began. She'd be around 10,000 Pts this season! Shocked
Still the greatest of all time COOP!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
bullsky



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 20294



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/13 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all due respect, how in the hell was Tully in the top 100? Confused



_________________
"Don't do something until you get it right, do it until you can't do it wrong."
- Geno Auriemma
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/13 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
With all due respect, how in the hell was Tully in the top 100? Confused


She hung around a long time



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21546
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/13 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was Chas Melvin at 26 that surprised me. But again, she was in the league a long time.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
dtsnms



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 18815



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/13 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It was Chas Melvin at 26 that surprised me. But again, she was in the league a long time.


And I keep thinking how good was Chamique Holdsclaw to be that high with the amount of off years in her career.


bullsky



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 20294



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/17/13 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It was Chas Melvin at 26 that surprised me. But again, she was in the league a long time.


She hung around AND she was a contributor. She was a go-to scorer in Cleveland and in Washington at some point. Doesn't surprise me too much, to be honest.



_________________
"Don't do something until you get it right, do it until you can't do it wrong."
- Geno Auriemma
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/14 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote



Out from last year: Matee Ajavon, Candice Wiggins



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20377



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/14 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi needs to average 22.6 ppg next season to pass Thompson.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/14 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Taurasi needs to average 22.6 ppg next season to pass Thompson.


If she plays every game, which she hasn't done since 2008. She hasn't averaged 22.6 or better since 2010.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/14 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Top 100 playoff scorers




_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59819
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 09/13/14 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Top 100 Finals scorers




_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin