RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Los Angeles Sparks 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9271



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Maybe because he sold out the NBA players union during the lockout? He was president of the union and reportedly went behind the back of the executive director to negotiate a deal with a lower percentage of revenue for the players.


Yeah. Michelle, his list is pretty long. Don't be surprised if he shows his ass by the all-star break.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8414
Location: St. Paul, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

does DFish have the guts to reduce minutes for vets who's legs aren't there on back to back? even parker is showing signs of fatigue on just 1 days rest.

when will Toler give LA get a bench that can give them a boost? It just cant be Riq Williams? (Is she a coming back?) Lavender, and every one else can go.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2484



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have a bench, you forget how well they did before Lav and CP played. Agler just didn't play them, he was too attached to a short rotation.


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8848



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/18 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it is not hard to find people who don't like Mr. Fisher. One Jazz fan called him Luciferian. Here are some more comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/30ojzu/why_does_rnba_hate_derek_fisher/

Quote:
level 1
btopishere

Also, during his time as a Utah Jazz, he asked his team's owner during the summer to buy out his contract so that he can get his daughter better treatment for her eye cancer elsewhere. About two weeks after being relieved, he signed a new contract to play as an LA Laker again, which many to this day feel he used his daughter's illness as "leverage" to play for a team that he preferred. Even now when he's head coach of the Knicks, you'll still hear Fisher receive boos from the crowd when his team plays against the Jazz in Salt Lake City.


https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/reasons-i-hate-derek-fisher.454040279/



Quote:
1. Not a great player... Stood around in triangle offense and shot 3's..
2. Notorious flopper
3. Asks for releases to chase rings.. Utah to LA.. Houston to OKC. OKC to Dallas.. Dallas to OKC..
4. Schemed and got the players the shaft in the most recent lockout..
5. Flopper


Looks like the Sparks D will see more flopping this year. Razz


Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1160



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/09/18 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penny really came out sounding unprofessional in that press conference. CP body language seems like like she isnt feeling this move too. I hoping for the best because DFish as a coach isn't the I was expecting & wanted for LA. No the coach didnt have be a woman but you can't convince me this is the best coach they could find regardless of gender.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 50158



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/09/18 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Penny really came out sounding unprofessional in that press conference. CP body language seems like like she isnt feeling this move too. I hoping for the best because DFish as a coach isn't the I was expecting & wanted for LA. No the coach didnt have be a woman but you can't convince me this is the best coach they could find regardless of gender.


I’m not understanding the Parker “body language” aspect. She’s always had RBF. That’ll never change. Can you imagine her being at the press conference if she hated this hire? What would happen if Parker didn’t show? They’d suspend or cut her? You and she both that’s not happening. Forget body language, what about the language coming out of her mouth? Was she lying? Was it scripted for her? She had nothing but positive things to say about Fisher. If anything, I think Parker could be largely responsible for the hire. They work together at TNT. Just a coincidence?

I’m definitely not saying Fisher is the greatest hire in the world, but you never know. I think you’re better off trying something different. Howard Megdal’s leading candidates for the job were retreads Fred Williams and Amber Stocks. How original and creative are those? Those would be about the laziest hires ever. At his age, Fred Williams isn’t changing his coaching philosophy. He was TERRIBLE in Dallas, as in one of the worst ever. His time as a head coach in the WNBA should be done. I think Amber Stocks may have been given a raw deal in Chicago because she wasn’t given a fair amount of time, but we don’t see everything. Maybe there was something off about her that doesn’t make her a great head coach. In any case, she’d be a roll of the dice because she failed at her last gig for whatever reason. Toler has worked with Stocks before so if she was that great in their time together, I’m sure she’d gotten hired.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WfanFrJmp



Joined: 24 May 2016
Posts: 785



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/09/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Penny really came out sounding unprofessional in that press conference. CP body language seems like like she isnt feeling this move too. I hoping for the best because DFish as a coach isn't the I was expecting & wanted for LA. No the coach didnt have be a woman but you can't convince me this is the best coach they could find regardless of gender.


I’m not understanding the Parker “body language” aspect. She’s always had RBF. That’ll never change. Can you imagine her being at the press conference if she hated this hire? What would happen if Parker didn’t show? They’d suspend or cut her? You and she both that’s not happening. Forget body language, what about the language coming out of her mouth? Was she lying? Was it scripted for her? She had nothing but positive things to say about Fisher. If anything, I think Parker could be largely responsible for the hire. They work together at TNT. Just a coincidence?

I’m definitely not saying Fisher is the greatest hire in the world, but you never know. I think you’re better off trying something different. Howard Megdal’s leading candidates for the job were retreads Fred Williams and Amber Stocks. How original and creative are those? Those would be about the laziest hires ever. At his age, Fred Williams isn’t changing his coaching philosophy. He was TERRIBLE in Dallas, as in one of the worst ever. His time as a head coach in the WNBA should be done. I think Amber Stocks may have been given a raw deal in Chicago because she wasn’t given a fair amount of time, but we don’t see everything. Maybe there was something off about her that doesn’t make her a great head coach. In any case, she’d be a roll of the dice because she failed at her last gig for whatever reason. Toler has worked with Stocks before so if she was that great in their time together, I’m sure she’d gotten hired.


You said everything I've been thinking! Btw, what's RBF?

I couldn't think of anyone who wasn't a retread....No one really came up with anyone who wasn't a retread. I just don't know how attractive a W job is to a college coach for a number of reasons....so who does that leave us? I was quite shocked by the Agler leaving and still wonder what really happened...but it is what it is at this point. I'm still shocked by the Fisher hire but who knows he may be just what they need. The press conference was somewhat awkward but I expected it to be... I thought CP seemed fine and she absolutely had to be on board with the decision (and may have had a hand in it). I suspect that she'll play for about 2 more years and she has some hardware she'd like to add. It is crazy to see people talk about her being unhappy, leaving LA and wanting to go and try to fit in somewhere else. It is utterly ridiculous!

At any rate, his interview with LaChina was really good. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's able to do with the team...who his assistants are...who they can re-sign and who they bring in....


allenleavell



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 662



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/09/18 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate the move he is a FAMOG!!! He not a good coach any way.


Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15467
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/09/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players ask for a trade all the time now for lesser reasons then their daughter being seriously sick.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8848



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/09/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
I hate the move he is a FAMOG!!! He not a good coach any way.


I'm not sure what that is, but It doesn't sound good. Smile


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4874



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/18 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
I hate the move he is a FAMOG!!! He not a good coach any way.


I'm not sure what that is, but It doesn't sound good. Smile


Yeah I feel like I have figured out the F and the A but MOG?

Mad Ostrich Groper?

Mayor of Grosstown?

Man of God?

Marsupial Ovarian Gynecologist?

Martian Organic Grocer?

Mediocre Orgasm Giver?

Merry Old Gangster?

Mercurial Origami Giraffe?

Malicious Odious Grandma?

Yeah I can't figure out the MOG


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8848



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/18 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very Happy The possibilities are endless.


Nixtreefan



Joined: 14 Nov 2012
Posts: 2484



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/18 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are some of you mad at guys for doing the dirty or does it go the same for the girls?


Bob Lamm



Joined: 11 Apr 2010
Posts: 2503
Location: New York City


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/11/18 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Randy wrote:
allenleavell wrote:
I hate the move he is a FAMOG!!! He not a good coach any way.


I'm not sure what that is, but It doesn't sound good. Smile


Yeah I feel like I have figured out the F and the A but MOG?

Mad Ostrich Groper?

Mayor of Grosstown?

Man of God?

Marsupial Ovarian Gynecologist?

Martian Organic Grocer?

Mediocre Orgasm Giver?

Merry Old Gangster?

Mercurial Origami Giraffe?

Malicious Odious Grandma?

Yeah I can't figure out the MOG


Great list of options. Can't wait to find out which one is correct. Smile


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58119
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/13/18 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Former NBPA Union President And New Sparks Head Coach Derek Fisher Joins Up With A Shady Luxury Lending Outfit

https://deadspin.com/report-derek-fisher-joins-up-with-a-shady-luxury-lendi-1831061632

Quote:
Fisher’s newest endeavor could never be confused with something that’s in players’ best interests. By the language of their own website, Luxury Asset Capital turns its profit by capitalizing on the financial hardship of its clients, who, in the scope of Fisher’s department, are wealthy athletes.



_________________
It's time I had some time alone
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8848



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/13/18 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love it. New Team name:

The "LoAn Sharks." Or the "Loan Arrangers"


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3726
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/18/18 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The hate for Fisher is unreal. He is much loved here in the land of Lisa Leslie and Showtime. Wishing him and the team nothing but success! #All4LA 💜💛💜



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6633
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/07/19 11:52 am    ::: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/07/l-a-sparks-hire-new-president-and-coo-welcoming-back-danita-johnson/

Quote:
Currently the director of business operations for the L.A. Clippers, Johnson previously worked for the Sparks and was with the organization when it won the WNBA title in 2016, rising to senior vice president of business operations during her time with the team.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8848



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/07/19 3:04 pm    ::: Re: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/07/l-a-sparks-hire-new-president-and-coo-welcoming-back-danita-johnson/

Quote:
Currently the director of business operations for the L.A. Clippers, Johnson previously worked for the Sparks and was with the organization when it won the WNBA title in 2016, rising to senior vice president of business operations during her time with the team.


Sounds like she must be a pretty expensive hire.


Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9271



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/17/19 2:58 pm    ::: Re: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

This man (and I use that word loosely) is a clean-up woman. I don't know if she was cheating on Anthony with Fisher but Magic and Penny better keep an eye on his behavior this upcoming season.

Quote:
“Then she traded up to NYPD Blue star Henry Simmons, and they were engaged. Then she was getting married to Patrick Whitesell,” the source claimed.

Miller said he met Sanchez at the Super Bowl in 1996 while she was covering the game.

He said of their four-year relationship: “I couldn’t really trust her. She gets around. She was cheating on me with other guys.”


Quote:
Sources close to Sanchez strongly denied his allegations, and claimed it was Miller who strayed.

Either way, we hear that after it ended, Sanchez was linked romantically with Fisher — the Lakers star who went on to become coach of the New York Knicks.

Another source said they dated on and off when they were both single.


https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/jeff-bezos-married-mistress-was-cheating-on-her-fiancee-w-derek-fisher-before-cheating-w-bezos.2090925/



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3726
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/18/19 4:07 pm    ::: Re: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
This man (and I use that word loosely) is a clean-up woman. I don't know if she was cheating on Anthony with Fisher but Magic and Penny better keep an eye on his behavior this upcoming season.

Quote:
“Then she traded up to NYPD Blue star Henry Simmons, and they were engaged. Then she was getting married to Patrick Whitesell,” the source claimed.

Miller said he met Sanchez at the Super Bowl in 1996 while she was covering the game.

He said of their four-year relationship: “I couldn’t really trust her. She gets around. She was cheating on me with other guys.”


Quote:
Sources close to Sanchez strongly denied his allegations, and claimed it was Miller who strayed.

Either way, we hear that after it ended, Sanchez was linked romantically with Fisher — the Lakers star who went on to become coach of the New York Knicks.

Another source said they dated on and off when they were both single.


https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/jeff-bezos-married-mistress-was-cheating-on-her-fiancee-w-derek-fisher-before-cheating-w-bezos.2090925/


What does all this have to do with him as a coach?? This sounds like high school gossip, get it together.



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
Genero36



Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Posts: 9271



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/18/19 4:38 pm    ::: Re: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
What does all this have to do with him as a coach?? This sounds like high school gossip, get it together.


I'll remember those words (Get it Together) during the season. He's a scumbag and it will show.



_________________
I'm all for the separation of church and hate.
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 3726
Location: The land of SHOWTIME and Lisa Leslie.


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/21/19 10:40 am    ::: Re: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
What does all this have to do with him as a coach?? This sounds like high school gossip, get it together.


I'll remember those words (Get it Together) during the season. He's a scumbag and it will show.


Why are you so bothered though?? Did he cheat on you or steal your significant other?? I dont care who slept with who or who cheated on this one or that one. It's clearly none of my business, nor yours. Can we get back to discussing basketball and leave the TMZ bs for another place and time?



_________________
"The first to bring grace, elegance, athleticism and a little bit of Hollywood to women's basketball" Carol Callan on Lisa Leslie
boom*NNEKA*nneka



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 747
Location: San Pedro, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/21/19 12:48 pm    ::: Re: Sparks tab Danita Johnson Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Genero36 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
What does all this have to do with him as a coach?? This sounds like high school gossip, get it together.


I'll remember those words (Get it Together) during the season. He's a scumbag and it will show.


Why are you so bothered though?? Did he cheat on you or steal your significant other?? I dont care who slept with who or who cheated on this one or that one. It's clearly none of my business, nor yours. Can we get back to discussing basketball and leave the TMZ bs for another place and time?


I tend to agree. I was not thrilled when Fisher was announced as the coach. I was surprised, blind-sided, disappointed, etc. But I have to at least give him a chance.
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3166
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/21/19 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The gossip that I want to know is why did Brian Agler quit the Sparks?



_________________
FEAR THE DEER!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin