Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/22/19 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks will announce the rest their coaching staff today

PostPosted: 01/22/19 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.sbnation.com/wnba/2019/1/22/18192207/wnba-news-la-sparks-coach-fred-williams-derek-fisher

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 01/22/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sparks.wnba.com/news/sparks-hire-latricia-trammell-as-assistant-coach/

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/19 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://www.sbnation.com/wnba/2019/1/22/18192207/wnba-news-la-sparks-coach-fred-williams-derek-fisher

He’s baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Will this chase Sims out of LA and bring Diggins in? Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/22/19 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

He’s baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Heck, we all deserve Cambage in LA! Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/19 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think Cambage loved Williams? She seemed pretty indifferent to me. I don’t recall her going into crisis mode when he left.

Agler’s a tougher coach, so it’d be interesting to see how she’ll handle that. She probably needs a tougher coach but does she want that?

Randy

PostPosted: 01/22/19 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
stever wrote:

He’s baaaaaaaaaaaack!

I like Fred. Good to see him back in the game. If Fisher gets fired, he could end up HC again.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/22/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fred is a really nice guy. Maybe Fisher establishes discipline while Fred establishes rapport.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/22/19 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You think Cambage loved Williams? She seemed pretty indifferent to me. I don’t recall her going into crisis mode when he left.

Agler’s a tougher coach, so it’d be interesting to see how she’ll handle that. She probably needs a tougher coach but does she want that?

Not 1 player went into crisis mode when he left. I wont say much , but just know im sure of it Skylar nor Queen Cabbage are looking to follow Sir Jazz Hands Fred.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fisher doesn’t scream discipline to me.

I think Fred is just familiar with WNBA players and schemes, so that’s gotta be helpful to a newbie to the league.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/19 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not 1 player went into crisis mode when he left. I wont say much , but just know im sure of it Skylar nor Queen Cabbage are looking to follow Sir Jazz Hands Fred.

Cambage has a propensity to go into crisis mode about everything, so if she didn’t do it for Fred, there wasn’t any strong connection there.

Diggins, on the other hand, is able to keep her cool. She appears to be onboard with Agler, but Williams definitely won’t be a deterrent if she were to ever think about going to LA.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/22/19 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Cambage has a propensity to go into crisis mode about everything, so if she didn’t do it for Fred, there wasn’t any strong connection there.

Diggins, on the other hand, is able to keep her cool. She appears to be onboard with Agler, but Williams definitely won’t be a deterrent if she were to ever think about going to LA.

Exactly. In all honesty i could see Liz going before skylar but it wouldn't have two scoots to do with Fred. Shes in love with the beach and shopping of course so im sure LA or NY would be the main 2 destinations for whenever she decides to leave Us. Possibly in 2020

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Cambage returned to the WNBA last season with Dallas and really hit it off with Wings coach Fred Williams. She took it hard when Williams was fired a few weeks before the end of the season.

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25826613/dallas-wings-star-liz-cambage-asks-traded

zune69

PostPosted: 01/22/19 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes ...Can we stop the BS?....Liz always wanted to play for LA or a bigger City....Don't use Coach Williams getting fired as an excuse for jumping ship.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/22/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, Cambage comes over via trade, what's the starting line-up? Sims/Gray, Vadeeva/Lavender & their first rounder for Cambage?

PG: Sims or Gray
SG: Beard/Williams/Wiese
SF: Carson/Samuelson
PF: Parker/Ogwumike
C: Cambage/Vadeeva or Lavender
+19 pick or a free agent

OR
SF: Parker/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/Samuelson
+19 pick or a free agent

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 01/22/19 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage for Ogwumike & Lavender

Or

No deal at all

Dallas can always tank next season, get a top 2 pick, then trade Cambage next offseason.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Rolling Eyes ...Can we stop the BS?....Liz always wanted to play for LA or a bigger City....Don't use Coach Williams getting fired as an excuse for jumping ship.

Unless she took it personally that he was fired because the team was underperforming so badly. That could be a way to “take it hard” without being that personally invested in Williams.

WNBA 09, what do you think? Did Cambage get so attached to Williams in a few months that she’d leave all the other longer relationships she has in Dallas like Phillips, George, Diggins. She seemed to like to hang with Stevens. 🤔

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/23/19 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5 Questions With KG
https://www.wnba.com/news/kevin-garnett-wnba-candace-parker-sue-bird-area-21-interview/

Quote:
Past or present, which WNBA player’s game do you see yourself in?

Probably Candace. She does a lot of face-ups. She uses her left hand a lot more than I did. I didn’t even have a left. The left was only there to get to my right. She probably shoots the three a little better than I do. She faces up and uses one hand to extend. She uses the fadeaway, shimmy, spin, counters, up-and-unders. We have very similar games. I call her “grasshopper” because she faces up grasshopper-style.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/25/19 4:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Cambage for Ogwumike & Lavender

Or

No deal at all

Dallas can always tank next season, get a top 2 pick, then trade Cambage next offseason.

True if Cambage does not come back next season and with out Diggens the will probable end up with the top pick in the draft. So who is coming out next year that would be worth tanking an entire year. I don't know if a WNBA team can recover from the loss of revenue that tanking an entire year would produce. They are not like a NBA team. Teams do not have enough fans and revenue as it is when they are putting a successful team on the court. Without Diggins and Cambage they would totally suck if they did not get any replacements for her. You could handle tanking for a year if it didn't also involve a large loss of revenue via lost ticket sales.

I doubt LA trades Ogwumike, Parker or Gray. They are the core group they would want to hang on to. The player they could afford to lose the most is Parker, but they will not trade her. Cambage also presents the potential to suddenly decide she doesn't want to show up. The minute she declared she wanted to be traded her trade value dropped. Dallas can not expect equal value for her. As I said before she holds all the leverage. She can refuse to report to any team she does not approve of and she has missed enough seasons just sitting out so they would know she is not bluffing. Dallas has to get what ever they can for her. And their trade options are limited by who she wants to play for.

PostPosted: 01/25/19 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Again, Cambage comes over via trade, what's the starting line-up? Sims/Gray, Vadeeva/Lavender & their first rounder for Cambage?

SF: Carson/Samuelson
PF: Parker/Ogwumike
+19 pick or a free agent

OR
SF: Parker/Carson
PF: Ogwumike/Samuelson
+19 pick or a free agent
If you are proposing that they would package either Sims or Gray along with either
Vadeeva or lavender for Cambage I doubt they would consider putting Gray into the package. That would leave them with Sims at the PG option and she just isn't a reliable point. The problem is that I don't think they want Sims. And why would they want both Gray and Diggins when she comes back. Cambage is worth more than they will get for her under the circumstances. Ithink if they get Vadeeva or Lavender and Sims and the draft pick that is about what they can expect from LA. Of course I could understand why they would not want to settle for that. And they could do better elsewhere provided Cambage accepts another team.

PostPosted: 01/25/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I totally see your point and don't think Gray is on the table. Not sure about Nneka though.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/29/19 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I totally see your point and don't think Gray is on the table. Not sure about Nneka though.

Working out a viable trade between Dallas and LA presents many problems. The only way I could see it happening is if Cambage is adamant enough to threaten to not only sit out next season but never return unless she is traded to LA. That's when they might accept what LA would offer them.

The other problem is that both Gray and Sims need t be resigned before they can even be traded. If LA can not dump a max salary they would never be able to resign either of them to begin with. The one they need to dump is Lavender and that would probably happen via some kind of trade.

In respect to which of their top players they might trade for Cambage if they had a guarantee that she would come back for multiple season-- I think the least valuable long term would be Parker. She is not going to play that much longer anyway and I think they would miss her the least. That said she has too much pull with the Sparks so they probably would never trade her. Nneka would be much more difficult to replace and they would be stupid to trade her. If she were gone the major part of Parkers effective game ( their two man half court game ) would also disappear. Gray is just beginning to reach her peak and we both agree they would not trade her either. So it seems very unlikely that any of the three would be on the table. So it would take some sort of package of the remaining players left on the roster to make any sort of deal happen in that respect.

Basically Cambage holds all the leverage and Dallas is between a rock and a hard place with fewer options left to them. They will never get anything close to her actual value.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Working out a viable trade between Dallas and LA presents many problems. The only way I could see it happening is if Cambage is adamant enough to threaten to not only sit out next season but never return unless she is traded to LA. That's when they might accept what LA would offer them.

The other problem is that both Gray and Sims need t be resigned before they can even be traded. If LA can not dump a max salary they would never be able to resign either of them to begin with. The one they need to dump is Lavender and that would probably happen via some kind of trade.

In respect to which of their top players they might trade for Cambage if they had a guarantee that she would come back for multiple season-- I think the least valuable long term would be Parker. She is not going to play that much longer anyway and I think they would miss her the least. That said she has too much pull with the Sparks so they probably would never trade her. Nneka would be much more difficult to replace and they would be stupid to trade her. If she were gone the major part of Parkers effective game ( their two man half court game ) would also disappear. Gray is just beginning to reach her peak and we both agree they would not trade her either. So it seems very unlikely that any of the three would be on the table. So it would take some sort of package of the remaining players left on the roster to make any sort of deal happen in that respect.

Basically Cambage holds all the leverage and Dallas is between a rock and a hard place with fewer options left to them. They will never get anything close to her actual value.

If Cambage never returns i think Dallas fans would be the least likely to care .

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

While you're right that Sims and Gray are RFAs and therefore more complicated to trade - they'd have to agree to be sign-and-traded - they really don't have to dump anything to get things done. Beard, Carson and R.Williams are all unrestricted free agents, so for the time being they've got acres of cap space.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Chicago as a part of a three-way trade keeps coming up. Maybe Parker is willing to leave and go to Chicago? Dallas then ends up with the #4 & #7 picks plus Dolson? Draft wise Dallas could possibly draft Collier, Brown and Ogunbowale.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 7 of 32

Jump to: