68%  [ 22 ]
Dream
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 32

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/26/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Powers plays really stupid...time after time.

Billings and RuffinPratt are both foul magnets.

Billings hustles, but also makes some bad mistakes.

Interesting that early in the season we saw a lot of Hines-Allen and now she is so buried on the bench that she can't get on the floor even when their posts get into foul trouble.

To say nothing of last year's starter Krystal Thomas Shocked

One name only: Sanders.

PostPosted: 08/26/18 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="pilight"]EDD gets a disgusting number of star calls and star non-calls[/quote]
No one is allowed to touch the GWH. If an opposing player has flatulence near the GWH it's a technical foul.

PostPosted: 08/26/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
EDD gets a disgusting number of star calls and star non-calls

No one is allowed to touch the GWH. If an opposing player has flatulence near the GWH it's a technical foul.

I appreciate y'all's energy. #HateHard Approved!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/27/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
EDD gets a disgusting number of star calls and star non-calls

Now that would explain all of the odd transactions and staff changes in Chicago over the years!

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/27/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haters gonna hate, but EDD was the best player on the floor. What a great player ...

Hayes is good, but the gap between having EDD as your star and Hayes as your star is significant.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How much of the game is luck? If both teams hit their normal FT%, Atlanta wins.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta fans shouldn’t feel too down.

It took a great game by EDD to barely get a win. The mystics, should be the favored team. But this is clearly going to be a competitive series.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I never realized luck is the biggest factor in FT’s being made.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

If this matchup didn't feature the best free throw shooting team against the worst one this might be a thought worth entertaining.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think any time a game is decided by one basket or less, the outcome if pretty much luck. Sports fans are often fooled by randomness.

greg5222

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Haters gonna hate, but EDD was the best player on the floor. What a great player ...

Hayes is good, but the gap between having EDD as your star and Hayes as your star is significant.

EDD is not using elbows to ward opponents off, pushing and shoving, hacking and all in opponents faces, getting technicals, ready to fight like a certain superstar___________. Haters are gonna hate. I get it. Atlanta was very aggressive yesterday and got away with a lot of fouls. Mystics take game two it's a wrap.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I think any time a game is decided by one basket or less, the outcome if pretty much luck. Sports fans are often fooled by randomness.

I've been told it's coaching Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:

I seem to remember ATL frequently being “unlucky” under Cooper. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys can believe whatever makes you happiest. Razz

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2 take away's from this game .

1. EDD gets more calls than any player in this league , that should not be up for debate .

2. Tiffany Hayes is NOT a superstar

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:

If there's a consistent pattern of winning or losing most of those games over a long period, yeah.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:

If there's a consistent pattern of winning or losing most of those games over a long period, yeah.

e.g. Fred Williams.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
2 take away's from this game .

1. EDD gets more calls than any player in this league , that should not be up for debate .

2. Tiffany Hayes is NOT a superstar

10 players have shot more free throws per game than EDD this season.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Randy wrote:

I wouldn't call half a WNBA season "a long period" tbh.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time period isn't as important as how many close games there were and how many won or lost. That would still not prove it's coaching - it could be the players, and ultimately winning a close game is only one aspect of coaching. Lot's of things (good and bad) can impact that.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/27/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was home sick and didn't get to watch all of the game. Was there a point when a Mystics player kicked a ball in the air? A Dream player posted on her Instagram that the ref told her it's because that Mystics player used to play soccer. She then said if she had done it...

I missed this part. Not sure how blatant it was or if it is a whole big ball of nothing.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/27/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
I was home sick and didn't get to watch all of the game. Was there a point when a Mystics player kicked a ball in the air? A Dream player posted on her Instagram that the ref told her it's because that Mystics player used to play soccer. She then said if she had done it...

I missed this part. Not sure how blatant it was or if it is a whole big ball of nothing.

It was Toliver. It happened in the first quarter while there was dead ball situation. It was no big deal. One of the refs talked to her immediately afterwards, presumably to warn her against doing it again.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

It was Toliver. It happened in the first quarter while there was dead ball situation. It was no big deal. One of the refs talked to her immediately afterwards, presumably to warn her against doing it again.

Here's a Washington kickball connection. I remember watching a Milwaukee Bucks game against Washington and Sam Cassell drop kick the ball into the stands because of a call by the ref. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

Yeah ATL players went into a frenzy when Panda kicked the ball in the air. It wasnt like she was extremely frustrated but i do agree if that had been another certain player or 2 in this league it would have been an Auto-T.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

Yeah ATL players went into a frenzy when Panda kicked the ball in the air. It wasnt like she was extremely frustrated but i do agree if that had been another certain player or 2 in this league it would have been an Auto-T.

Thank y’all for clarifying. At the very least, it should have been announced as a delay of game warning. I also agree that if it was several others in the league, it would have been an automatic T. I’m more upset but not surprised that the red said “oh they played soccer it’s ok” or whatever. No, same rules should apply for all I say. Tech for one tech for all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: