Mystics
68%
 68%  [ 22 ]
Dream
31%
 31%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 32

Shades

PostPosted: 08/23/18 7:36 pm    ::: Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ @ Dream😴 - 8/26/18 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Semifinals Game 1
Atlanta, GA - 3:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

Video:
http://www.espn.com/watch

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180826/WASATL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401074459

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/23/18 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/23/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Dream can win this series minus their superstar I will crown them the team of Destiny.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream and the Mystics have met in the playoffs twice. Atlanta won both series.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many rookie head coaches have won a championship?
I think Laimbeer may have been a rookie.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/23/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
How many rookie head coaches win a championship?

Van Chancellor had never coached professional basketball before 1997.

Laimbeer took over in midseason 2002 before taking the Shock all the way in 2003.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
If the Dream can win this series minus their superstar I will crown them the team of Destiny.

Since losing your avatar player for Imani was our destiny last year, perhaps our destiny will be better this year.

ucbart

PostPosted: 08/24/18 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Tiffany Hayes was drafted in the 3rd round and Renee was bouncing around as a reserve, who would've thought the 2009 UCONN starting backcourt would be one of the better backcourts in the W this year and have their team as the #2 seed in the playoffs? It's impressive.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/18 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
When Tiffany Hayes was drafted in the 3rd round and Renee was bouncing around as a reserve, who would've thought the 2009 UCONN starting backcourt would be one of the better backcourts in the W this year and have their team as the #2 seed in the playoffs? It's impressive.

Hayes was drafted in the 2nd round

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Since losing your avatar player for Imani was our destiny last year, perhaps our destiny will be better this year.

I would rather see your team in the finals than the OTHER team.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
ucbart wrote:

Hayes was drafted in the 2nd round

That's what I meant. I haven't had my coffee yet.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/24/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Dream and the Mystics have met in the playoffs twice. Atlanta won both series.

Counterpoint: The Atlanta Dream are 0-2 in playoff series versus Elena Delle Donne, including the only other time in their franchise history when they finished with the best record in the eastern conference.

Counter-counterpoint: The Atlanta Dream are also 2-0 in playoff series versus Mike Thibault.

Which streak(s) will prevail? Only TIME will tell!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/18 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
How many rookie head coaches win a championship?

Van Chancellor had never coached professional basketball before 1997.

Laimbeer took over in midseason 2002 before taking the Shock all the way in 2003.

I don’t think first year of the league should count because everybody is a WNBA rookie. You’re saying it was Laimbeer’s second year as the coach when he won.

So potentially this is uncharted waters for Collen. Is the jinx on?

zune69

PostPosted: 08/24/18 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of these teams will be playing in the WNBA finals without one of their top 2 or 3 players(Meesseman,McCoughtry).....If Atlanta wins the Championship.Angel will never hear the last of it.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/24/18 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Counterpoint: The Atlanta Dream are 0-2 in playoff series versus Elena Delle Donne, including the only other time in their franchise history when they finished with the best record in the eastern conference.

Counter-counterpoint: The Atlanta Dream are also 2-0 in playoff series versus Mike Thibault.

Which streak(s) will prevail? Only TIME will tell!

What happened on August 7 when the Dream played the Aces matters a lot more than what happened several years ago.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/18 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
One of these teams will be playing in the WNBA finals without one of their top 2 or 3 players(Meesseman,McCoughtry).....If Atlanta wins the Championship.Angel will never hear the last of it.

Why is that? McCoughtry had a lot to do with getting them to that #2 seed. And now she’s still supporting them from the sidelines. Maybe she’ll discover she has a mentor or coaching side to her, and ultimately this incident will work out quite well for everybody.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why is that? McCoughtry had a lot to do with getting them to that #2 seed. And now she’s still supporting them from the sidelines.

Someone who says something like, "If Atlanta wins the Championship.Angel will never hear the last of it" most likely started from the position of "I don't like Angel McCoughtry," and is working their way backwards from there.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why is that? McCoughtry had a lot to do with getting them to that #2 seed. And now she’s still supporting them from the sidelines. Maybe she’ll discover she has a mentor or coaching side to her, and ultimately this incident will work out quite well for everybody.

Unfair or not.Superstar players are judged by Championships...Winning a Title as a mentor does not hold the same weight as winning one as a player...Of course,Atlanta fans shouldn't care.A Championship is a Championship...But the McCoughtry detractors will always use it as a way to discredit her......Angel doesn't get enough credit for leading her team to 3 finals appearances...Atlanta winning the title minus Angel will only give the haters more ammunition.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Why is that? McCoughtry had a lot to do with getting them to that #2 seed. And now she’s still supporting them from the sidelines.

Someone who says something like, "If Atlanta wins the Championship.Angel will never hear the last of it" most likely started from the position of "I don't like Angel McCoughtry," and is working their way backwards from there.

Would a person who doesn't like Angel post this...

zune69 wrote:
Pondexter,Augustus,MCcoughtry & Brunson are locks imo.These four players are so ununappreciated on rebkell.Their resume speaks for itself.

Mccoughtry:

3 finals appearances
2 scoring titles
2x All First Team
2x All Second Team
4x All-Star
5x All-Defensive First Team
1xAll-Defensive Second Team
2009 WNBA Rookie of the Year
19.5 ppg(3rd all-time)
4550 pts(20th all time))

zune69 wrote:
I don't care what anyone says,MCcoughtry should be on this list.(20th all time))

Last edited by zune69 on 08/24/18 8:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
zune69

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hate to play the coulda woulda shoulda game....But had Angel got drafted by Minnesota...She would've won multiple Championships by now....In the past,I've questioned Angel's attitude and willingness to pass the ball in key situations....But her greatness can't be denied....She's definitely top 20 All-time.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/24/18 8:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t think anybody will “not let her hear the end of it” in person. If it’s coming from people on the internet, I don’t think she’ll care. As far as I’m concerned, she still gets credit for a championship if ATL ends up winning it this year. It’ll be in her bonus check. It’ll be on her resume. It’ll be on the ring on her finger.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/24/18 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I don’t think anybody will “not let her hear the end of it” in person. If it’s coming from people on the internet, I don’t think she’ll care. As far as I’m concerned, she still gets credit for a championship if ATL ends up winning it this year. It’ll be in her bonus check. It’ll be on her resume. It’ll be on the ring on her finger.

I feel really bad for Angel.

Generally speaking, I think the best players win a lot. That’s a major reason you know they are the best.

But Angel has had some serious bad luck in that way. In college she had to go up against Uconn’s monster teams. And in the pros, she’s had to go against monster teams.

The best players win, when the players around the, are good enough to compete. Angel has never had a situation where her team was good enough to compete. And the year that she does, she gets hurt.

I feel bad for her in that way. (I’ve always liked Angel anyway)

PostPosted: 08/24/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Angel cheering or mentoring from the sidelines is going help the Dream get over the Mystics. They could win, but I'd rather Angel was on the court rather than on the bench. If she was on the court. With Angel - the series is probably too close to call. W/O her the Dream are the underdogs.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/24/18 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Hate to play the coulda woulda shoulda game....But had Angel got drafted by Minnesota...She would've won multiple Championships by now....In the past,I've questioned Angel's attitude and willingness to pass the ball in key situations....But her greatness can't be denied....She's definitely top 20 All-time.

If McCoughtry was drafted by Minnesota in 2009, she very likely would have gotten them to the playoffs (they finished 1 game out behind San Antonio), in which case no Brunson and Whalen. Do it again in 2010 (they finished with same record as 4th place Sparks) and no chance for Moore (not sure how well they would have fit as they play the same position).

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/25/18 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:

If McCoughtry was drafted by Minnesota in 2009, she very likely would have gotten them to the playoffs (they finished 1 game out behind San Antonio), in which case no Brunson and Whalen. Do it again in 2010 (they finished with same record as 4th place Sparks) and no chance for Moore (not sure how well they would have fit as they play the same position).

I think Minny was going to get Whalen no matter what.

PostPosted: 08/25/18 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if Mike Thibault trades Whalen to MN, if Tina Charles isn't coming to CT.

Also that year if the pick he trades to MN for Kelsey Griffin turns into Maya Moore... he's run out of town. For him, fortunately it was MN's own pick that won the lottery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: