Seattle Storm
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Washington Mystics
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 41

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/23/18 3:06 pm    ::: Worst League Pass broadcast of 2018 Reply Reply with quote

A yearly tradition!

I vote Phoenix, but there's a lot of competition!

Randy

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle by a mile. I actually like the analyst but Fain is beyond annoying.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find Dallas, Las Vegas, LA and Phoenix significantly more objectionable than Seattle, personally. After reaching a point a year or two ago where I felt like there weren't many left around the league worth complaining about, we've regressed a bit this year. There were some pretty terrible commentary teams floating around this season.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted ATL , i hate how low their broadcast sound is . Literally every ATL home game i have to have my volume up at 100 just to get a sound from the feed.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles is an automatic mute for me.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I find Dallas, Las Vegas, LA and Phoenix significantly more objectionable than Seattle, personally. After reaching a point a year or two ago where I felt like there weren't many left around the league worth complaining about, we've regressed a bit this year. There were some pretty terrible commentary teams floating around this season.

It would be harder to list broadcasts that were good, but it also wouldn't be any fun.

The game with Chantelle Anderson and Mary Murphy (forgot which) was probably the worst one I've heard this year.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
The game with Chantelle Anderson and Mary Murphy (forgot which) was probably the worst one I've heard this year.

In my opinion the worst one, sadly enough, was on national TV - when they did the 'Players Only' broadcast with Lawson, Lobo and Leslie and it was just an absolute horror show.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

In my opinion the worst one, sadly enough, was on national TV - when they did the 'Players Only' broadcast with Lawson, Lobo and Leslie and it was just an absolute horror show.

No no no the worst had to be opening day with Holly rowe as color Comm....bless her heart but please stay on the sidelines holly please !

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA by a mile. Runnerups: Annie at Phoenix always sounds like she's whining. 'Coach' at Dallas is just plain annoying. Las Vegas - I always feel like she's taken her lessons from Mary Murphy and that ain't a good thing. NY just because it's hard to make it sound like something good when you've just moved to Westchester and the team has gone from decent to terrible in one year.

I do like LaChina and Christy Winters Scott. Bardo in Chicago is good, especially considering how poorly the team performed. CT varies depending on who is the analyst but generally not bad. Ditto for Indiana. I actually enjoy Dick Fain and his enthusiasm though sometimes it gets over the top.

In general I find it annoying when the announcers continually harp on all the bad luck they've had and use that as an excuse for poor performance. It's ok to bring up ameliorating factors once or twice but 10 times or more in the same broadcast is just pathetic.

Agree with Richyyy in that we've regressed a bit this year, but it's still generally better than a few years back when it was hard to find ANYBODY I wanted to listen to...

- Amanda Gorman
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/23/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PHX easily. AMD should never be that close to a microphone. One of the worst commentators in the league. Seattle is a close 2nd to worst in the league. Followed by Chicago as the third worst. After that, they all blend together as decent. Connecticut is one of the best. Bob Huseler is tops and CT’s League Pass broadcasts are risin 100% higher when Rebecca Lobo joins him.

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

That wasn't a basketball broadcast. It was avant-garde performance art.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

I didn't catch that one, why was it so bad?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
PHX easily. AMD should never be that close to a microphone. One of the worst commentators in the league. Seattle is a close 2nd to worst in the league. Followed by Chicago as the third worst. After that, they all blend together as decent. Connecticut is one of the best. Bob Huseler is tops and CT’s League Pass broadcasts are risin 100% higher when Rebecca Lobo joins him.

This ___________ x

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Well first off Leslie's just awful reagardless. But beyond that no one even attempted to call the game, so it was just the three of them rambling about random crap, occasionally talking vaguely about basketball, and often leaving expanses of dead air when none of them had anything to say for extended periods.

But that's only from the, ooh, ten minutes or so in total that I actually had the sound on. There've been a bunch of games over the course of the season that I've muted for stretches, but I think that's the only one where where I've watched nearly the whole game with the sound off. I usually cave and switch the sound back on once I've gotten tired of the silence, or once the Lisa Borders interview is finally over.

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Lisa , Lobo and Lawson were so scrunched in there station it took 10 mins everytime one had to do a sideline report Laughing Which frequently caused brief stints of silence while the game was going on . Embarassed

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Well first off Leslie's just awful reagardless. But beyond that no one even attempted to call the game, so it was just the three of them rambling about random crap, occasionally talking vaguely about basketball, and often leaving expanses of dead air when none of them had anything to say for extended periods.

But that's only from the, ooh, ten minutes or so in total that I actually had the sound on. There've been a bunch of games over the course of the season that I've muted for stretches, but I think that's the only one where where I've watched nearly the whole game with the sound off. I usually cave and switch the sound back on once I've gotten tired of the silence, or once the Lisa Borders interview is finally over.

Lisa was actually pretty good this year. Not sure how she was awful ? Care to elaborate ? Or is it a bias towards her the player ? In which i would understand 100% Laughing

PostPosted: 08/23/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Sounds rough. I figured Lawson could have carried the broadcast but I guess not.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/23/18 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Sounds rough. I figured Lawson could have carried the broadcast but I guess not.

she was just as bad as the other two, and I generally like both Lobo and Lawson, but yeah, this was just three of the 'girls' bs'ing about lots of things and very little about the game in front of them.

- Amanda Gorman
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/24/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I generally start watching games late so I can skip the commercials and halftime ... but occasionally I've heard Katie Douglas.

Has she said anything interesting or insightful all season? If so, I must have missed it ...

PostPosted: 08/24/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I generally mute all of them. Note, however, that I have not watched any Dream home games on League Pass. The few I was not able to attend in person I watched on TV, Fox Sports South.

PostPosted: 08/24/18 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle's the best Laughing

I don't like basketball to be announced as if it's golf. Twisted Evil

Dick Fain isn't the same without Adia Barnes, but still my favorite Mr. Green

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/24/18 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of people might find Fain annoying and biased but i like that he is informed and knows a lot of the opposing teams and players aswell. He has a lot of passion for the game and for the Storm.

I hate Ann Meyers and Mary from LA.

I like the guy from the Sky the most. Knows a lot about the game and the players and has a nice voice

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/18 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
A lot of people might find Fain annoying and biased but i like that he is informed and knows a lot of the opposing teams and players aswell. He has a lot of passion for the game and for the Storm.

Why is American Ninja Warrior such a hit show? It’s just a jungle gym contest amongst non-professional athletes. I think the popularity is mostly because of the announcers, who make everything that’s happening sound exciting. Fain is similar to these guys. So if you think in those terms, the WNBA could probably use more announcers like him.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 08/24/18 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I like the guy from the Sky the most. Knows a lot about the game and the players and has a nice voice

Yeah - I love Dick Fain, but he'd probably drive me crazy if he were working for a team that wasn't my favorite. I also love the Sky guy.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/24/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Yeah - I love Dick Fain, but he'd probably drive me crazy if he were working for a team that wasn't my favorite. I also love the Sky guy.

I love Seattle’s broadcast. My absolute favorite.

AMD is terrible. LA’s is terrible too. Most though. Aren’t offensively bad.

Lawson is my favorite commentator though.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: