RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58943
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-announce-basketball-operations-updates/

Quote:

The Minnesota Lynx today announced the team has hired Plenette Pierson as an assistant coach and elevated assistant coach Walt Hopkins to full-time assistant coach. Pierson will join assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Hopkins on head coach Cheryl Reeve’s staff.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4782
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/14/19 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Five at The IX: Danielle Robinson, Minnesota Lynx

Howard Megdal sits down for an interview with Danielle Robinson:
https://theix.substack.com/p/the-ix-basketball-wednesday-with-c59


Quote:
HOWARD MEGDAL: You made your first WNBA three last season, and I know it is a focus for you and the team in 2019. What's that process like, and what goal do you have for yourself beyond the arc?

DANIELLE ROBINSON: I did make my first three-pointer last year and it felt good to do so. It was still an uncomfortable shot at the time I made it because I was never asked to shoot it until I got to Minnesota.


In five seasons played (she missed 2016 due to injury) with San Antonio and one season in Phoenix, she was never asked to shoot the three?

I am not sure how confident I am in the veracity of her assertion...

ETA: Robinson took a combined 33 shots from three in her five seasons with SA and one season with PHX. She did not make any of them.


Doesn’t sound that crazy to me, I actually believe her. Laughing


lynxmania



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 8593
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-announce-basketball-operations-updates/

Quote:

The Minnesota Lynx today announced the team has hired Plenette Pierson as an assistant coach and elevated assistant coach Walt Hopkins to full-time assistant coach. Pierson will join assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Hopkins on head coach Cheryl Reeve’s staff.


Figured Walt would be promoted. Glad to see P back in Minny!


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 7384



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/16/19 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eaXmIPHrHmY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’ve been keeping an eye on this French player for a couple of years, which is odd because I’ve been cursing the Lynx French player moves as of late.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7S95Mw4C6w4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>


Golden touch still alive.





I’m not sure who this #6 is in the graphic. Johannes wears #23, like all the great ones.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3738
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Golden touch still alive.


You know a player is good if the either the Lynx aren't interested in her or if she is interested in a team other than the Lynx. Smile


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose the Liberty had the advantage of signing Raincock, her Bourges teammate. The Lynx has the disadvantage of kicking her French national teammate to the curb last year.

It would seem Reeve is just content drafting the 5th guard, which is kind of surprising.

Buffalo was getting a little praise in the latest Lynx podcast, from both Focke and DRob. Dillard in the Lynx future?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6722
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/25/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-have-flexibility-with-five-picks-in-2019-wnba-draft/

Quote:
Lynx Have Plenty Of Cards To Play In 2019 WNBA Draft



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
herna220



Joined: 26 Sep 2016
Posts: 31



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just some Lynx ticket promo fun today

https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1112731272277880833


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herna220 wrote:
Just some Lynx ticket promo fun today

https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1112731272277880833


April Fools, I hope. Although if this new mascot was around last season, maybe it could have sniffed out and killed Reeve’s bad trade.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8980



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/19 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herna220 wrote:
Just some Lynx ticket promo fun today

https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1112731272277880833


Hope it is not AF but yeah that makes sense.

Pretty scary mascot if you ask me. I loved the bit showing the UGA bulldog running for cover when the Texas longhorn went after him. Kind of played out like the game itself. Razz (Despite my address I'm no UGA fan...)


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17694
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/19 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WATCH: Nicki Collen explains Damiris Dantas’ move to the Lynx (High Post Hoops)

I think she was close to staying here and playing for less. I went to bed on a Saturday night, thinking she was going to re-sign with us on Sunday. Chris called me on my way to church to tell me he’d received the signed contract with Minnesota. That they had overnight increased their offer almost $20,000 to keep her. So we definitely drove up her value and made her, in most people’s mind, probably overpaid based on her career statistics in our league. She was drafted by them originally. So yeah, we would’ve loved to have kept her but it’s the nature of the business. You know, I could only go so far. My personality and how much I loved her could only go so far. The difference: they ultimately offered her $25,000 more than we were capable of even offering and they protected it.

For instance, Angel has a protected contract. So, she gets paid this year and is on our roster whether she plays one game or 30 games. That’s the value of protection, that’s what they earn over time with that protected contract. That’s what protection means to those players. That she got a two year protected contract, so if she got injured this year and couldn’t play the next year and came back, she would get her salary. It’s the nature of the business. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt.”


https://highposthoops.com/2019/03/29/damiris-dantas-nicki-collen-atlanta-dream-minnesota-lynx/


CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17694
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/03/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In her own words: Cheryl Reeve discusses 2019 WNBA Draft prospects

Quote:
Throughout the conference call, Reeve was asked to talk about many different players as the Lynx prepare to draft in the number 6 spot next week. The Lynx also have picks 16, 18 and 20 overall in the second round and the 30th overall pick in the third round. Read below to hear what Reeve has to say about a variety of both NCAAW and International talent ahead of the draft.


https://highposthoops.com/2019/04/03/reeve-lynx-prepare-wnba-draft/?utm_campaign=FanSided+Daily&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/05/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A little tidbit about Lynx camp signing Jillian Alleyne

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-oregon-women-jillian-alleyne-20190404-story.html

Quote:
She was selected by Phoenix in the 2016 WNBA draft but her ACL rehab took twice as long as projected. She returned to playing in 2017 in Spain. After attending training camps with the WNBA’s New York Liberty and Minnesota Lynx last summer, she averaged 18 points and 15 rebounds with Israel’s Rishon Le-Zion this winter and felt stronger than she had at Oregon. She will attend training camp with Minnesota again next month.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17694
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades, in his most recent WNBA Mock Draft, Howard Megdal has Minnesota taking ND's Arike Ogunbowale.

This is what he said about her selection by the Lynx:

Quote:
There’s so much that fits here with the Lynx and Ogunbowale. It’s easy to think of her as a one-way player because of how much attention is rightly paid to her offense, but Ogunbowale is a max-effort defender who has improved significantly on that end. There’s a lot of Seimone Augustus in her game as a whole, an underrated passer and elite court vision as a whole. But really, when you look at the Minnesota roster, what’s the missing thing? Someone to create her own shot, especially this season, with no Lindsay Whalen, no Maya Moore, and assuming Seimone, while a Hall of Famer, needs to have her minutes managed. Think long-term, and the idea of Ogunbowale as a worthy perimeter pairing with Sylvia Fowles inside could pay dividends for the Lynx for a long time to come.


https://highposthoops.com/2019/04/05/2019-wnba-draft-big-board-8-0-pre-final-four-edition/7/

What are your thoughts, Shades?


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/19 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Griffin considers toe surgery
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6008632/kelsey-griffin-out-of-opals-camp/



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mannman



Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 1149



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/19 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades, in his most recent WNBA Mock Draft, Howard Megdal has Minnesota taking ND's Arike Ogunbowale.

This is what he said about her selection by the Lynx:

Quote:
There’s so much that fits here with the Lynx and Ogunbowale. It’s easy to think of her as a one-way player because of how much attention is rightly paid to her offense, but Ogunbowale is a max-effort defender who has improved significantly on that end. There’s a lot of Seimone Augustus in her game as a whole, an underrated passer and elite court vision as a whole. But really, when you look at the Minnesota roster, what’s the missing thing? Someone to create her own shot, especially this season, with no Lindsay Whalen, no Maya Moore, and assuming Seimone, while a Hall of Famer, needs to have her minutes managed. Think long-term, and the idea of Ogunbowale as a worthy perimeter pairing with Sylvia Fowles inside could pay dividends for the Lynx for a long time to come.


https://highposthoops.com/2019/04/05/2019-wnba-draft-big-board-8-0-pre-final-four-edition/7/

What are your thoughts, Shades?


My two cents is no, please! How about Collier, Gustafson, or Brown if they are available?


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21194
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/09/19 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless you think Fowles is retiring any time soon, what's the point of someone like Brown (or even Gustafson considering she does 90% of her work on the low block)? A true 5 seems like pretty much the only position Minnesota don't need to be taking, unless they're really planning for the future, or the player is so glaringly the best still available that it's impossible to ignore.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
mannman



Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 1149



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Unless you think Fowles is retiring any time soon, what's the point of someone like Brown (or even Gustafson considering she does 90% of her work on the low block)? A true 5 seems like pretty much the only position Minnesota don't need to be taking, unless they're really planning for the future, or the player is so glaringly the best still available that it's impossible to ignore.


Brunson is about 37 years old, and trying to recover from a concussion. Sylvia is 34. I could see any of the three fitting in with the Lynx.


blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3821
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No thanks to Gustafson at 6 but I would be okay with Brown, she needs to get in serious lifting program though she looks really soft compared to Syl.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Unless you think Fowles is retiring any time soon, what's the point of someone like Brown (or even Gustafson considering she does 90% of her work on the low block)? A true 5 seems like pretty much the only position Minnesota don't need to be taking, unless they're really planning for the future, or the player is so glaringly the best still available that it's impossible to ignore.


Brunson is about 37 years old, and trying to recover from a concussion. Sylvia is 34. I could see any of the three fitting in with the Lynx.


Not only is Fowles 34, she had a potentially serious injury in her elbow that could crop up again at any time. Giving a young 6’7 player a couple of years to develop behind Fowles is about THE SMARTEST IDEA on the planet.

Now Richyyy will try to fool you that he’s giving honest evaluation here. What he’s neglecting to tell you he’s worried about what would happen to the current Lynx center backup, fellow Brit Fagbenle (aka, the little #35 pick that could). There’s no need for the Lynx to avoid picking the best player available just to protect her. She’s skinny and mobile enough to play the PF position. Problem solved. If the Lynx can get 6’7 at #6, they should definitely go for it.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21194
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh give it a fucking rest.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58943
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mannman wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Unless you think Fowles is retiring any time soon, what's the point of someone like Brown (or even Gustafson considering she does 90% of her work on the low block)? A true 5 seems like pretty much the only position Minnesota don't need to be taking, unless they're really planning for the future, or the player is so glaringly the best still available that it's impossible to ignore.


Brunson is about 37 years old, and trying to recover from a concussion. Sylvia is 34. I could see any of the three fitting in with the Lynx.


Not only is Fowles 34, she had a potentially serious injury in her elbow that could crop up again at any time. Giving a young 6’7 player a couple of years to develop behind Fowles is about THE SMARTEST IDEA on the planet.

Now Richyyy will try to fool you that he’s giving honest evaluation here. What he’s neglecting to tell you he’s worried about what would happen to the current Lynx center backup, fellow Brit Fagbenle (aka, the little #35 pick that could). There’s no need for the Lynx to avoid picking the best player available just to protect her. She’s skinny and mobile enough to play the PF position. Problem solved. If the Lynx can get 6’7 at #6, they should definitely go for it.


Except that their back court is in worse shape. The starting SG is even older than Fowles and has four straight years of decreasing ppg. The starting PG is a "pass first" type who hasn't managed a 2/1 ATO since 2014. The backups are career 34% shooter Alexis Jones and prayer.

The Lynx have brought in front court help in Dantas, Alleyne, and Griffin. They haven't done anything to help their guard situation.



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51480



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx haven’t brought in any guards because they already have 4 under contract, and none of them are at the training camp level. They’ll probably draft a 5th guard but it doesn’t have to be with #6 unless something unexpectedly good drops down (like Durr or Young).

Brunson still being undecided and Lynx signing 3 post/forward players to training camp contracts signifies a desperate need... unless you’re naive enough to think these training camp contracts will fulfill those needs. I’m not that naive.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
blaase22



Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 3821
Location: Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/10/19 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
mannman wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Unless you think Fowles is retiring any time soon, what's the point of someone like Brown (or even Gustafson considering she does 90% of her work on the low block)? A true 5 seems like pretty much the only position Minnesota don't need to be taking, unless they're really planning for the future, or the player is so glaringly the best still available that it's impossible to ignore.


Brunson is about 37 years old, and trying to recover from a concussion. Sylvia is 34. I could see any of the three fitting in with the Lynx.


Not only is Fowles 34, she had a potentially serious injury in her elbow that could crop up again at any time. Giving a young 6’7 player a couple of years to develop behind Fowles is about THE SMARTEST IDEA on the planet.

Now Richyyy will try to fool you that he’s giving honest evaluation here. What he’s neglecting to tell you he’s worried about what would happen to the current Lynx center backup, fellow Brit Fagbenle (aka, the little #35 pick that could). There’s no need for the Lynx to avoid picking the best player available just to protect her. She’s skinny and mobile enough to play the PF position. Problem solved. If the Lynx can get 6’7 at #6, they should definitely go for it.


Except that their back court is in worse shape. The starting SG is even older than Fowles and has four straight years of decreasing ppg. The starting PG is a "pass first" type who hasn't managed a 2/1 ATO since 2014. The backups are career 34% shooter Alexis Jones and prayer.

The Lynx have brought in front court help in Dantas, Alleyne, and Griffin. They haven't done anything to help their guard situation.



Tank mode, dantas alleyne and griffin as “help” lol


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 20 of 28

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin