RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/25/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
So best case scenario is they get Maya signed for multiple years; Augustus does what it takes to return to form; AJones goes to a hardcore trainer. Looking like they might have to use the core on Maya. Where’s that extension announcement?

How hard is it to extend a player? If Reeve could extend D-Rob right away, how is so hard not to extend your franchise player (which should be non-negotiable, whatever Maya wants, she gets). Maybe Maya wants the chance to play for a top WNBA head coach for the first time ever in her career, so she wants to go to Atlanta, instead of risking her wasting the rest of her career like she did this year.
We never get any details on anything, sort of like how the Lynx not being able to afford Howard never made any sense, but I figured out that given a choice between having Howard or having Tanisha Wright, Reeve decided she had to have Wright (who the Lynx couldn't afford accounting for how much it would take to re-sign Montgomery/acquire another vet PG, and re-sign Howard), because she figured that gave the Lynx the best chance of winning this year and beyond. Rolling Eyes

Randy

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore to Atlanta would be just fine with me. In fact, more than fine. It would even make all Maya Moore fans that come to Dream games a lot of fun rather than an annoyance.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Maya Moore to Atlanta would be just fine with me. In fact, more than fine. It would even make all Maya Moore fans that come to Dream games a lot of fun rather than an annoyance.

What are you giving up? The conversation surely starts with Tiffany Hayes...

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Chance are she doesn't want to leave the loving arms of the Lynx fans. If she did Hayes+ No. 11. If that's not enough then they can have Angel too.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Fair question - I've been hoping they cored Fowles for 2 years in her current contract so they are screwed on keeping Maya. But chances are that's not the case, and she doesn't want to leave the loving arms of the Lynx fans.

Fowles signed an extension near the end of last season. The core designation only sticks to the player for the length of the contract signed when the player is cored, not for any extensions added afterwards. So Minnesota's core spot is free for Maya.

PostPosted: 08/25/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I check and found that she was not on the 2017 core list so I revised my proposal.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/25/18 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

The Lynx decided Natasha Howard was worth a 2nd round pick, and Howard was statistically better than Maya Moore this year, so a 3rd round pick for Maya should do. Smile I can't wait for Maya Moore to win Most Improved Player next year when she magically becomes good again once she plays for a real, legitimate WNBA team instead of "I must make all of my players look bad to suppress their trade value" Reeve & the Lynx. Smile

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/25/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

The Lynx decided Natasha Howard was worth a 2nd round pick, and Howard was statistically better than Maya Moore this year, so a 3rd round pick for Maya should do. Smile I can't wait for Maya Moore to win Most Improved Player next year when she magically becomes good again once she plays for a real, legitimate WNBA team instead of "I must make all of my players look bad to suppress their trade value" Reeve & the Lynx. Smile

Don't you ever get tired?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/25/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes, as I've said before: I am tired of basically every Minnesota team (including the Lynx) choking, sucking, under-performing, and making moves that help other teams win titles instead of helping their own teams win. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 08/25/18 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/25/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes, as I've said before: I am tired of basically every Minnesota team (including the Lynx) choking, sucking, under-performing, and making moves that help other teams win titles instead of helping their own teams win. Smile

I mean of making discussion of the Lynx basically impossible all over this board. Don't you ever get tired of that?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/25/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I mean of making discussion of the Lynx basically impossible all over this board. Don't you ever get tired of that?

No, because I think the Lynx and Reeve are a joke because almost everybody in Minnesota thinks that Reeve is a genius because she managed to win games when she has had twice as many superstars in their primes as any other team, yet she hasn't proven to me at all she wants to or knows how to build a team once other teams have caught up in talent, or that she knows what to do when she doesn't have all her veteran superstars in their prime to make her look good. All she had to do to prove to me she isn't overrated, and she isn't obsessed with old players/her own older starters/and can actually develop younger players is do the one move I thought was the most obvious move in the history of the universe in keeping Natasha Howard and not sign an expensive old vet instead (Wright) and let her be a star behind Brunson, and compete this year, not go 18-16 and turn the Storm into the best team in the WNBA instead. I hate Minnesota fans who think that is okay to no longer try to win titles because 4 is enough. I hate most Minnesota fans in general because they embrace and celebrate mediocrity instead of striving for greatness. I thought the goal of sports is to try to win titles, and I want to know what the Lynx are doing to try to win titles right now—the past is irrelevant. "Tanking" when Maya Moore is in her prime seems to be the stupidest thing ever, and I have no idea why it isn't okay to try to win and have good players after Whalen, Augustus, and Brunson, unless Reeve and the Lynx think they have to protect those players' legacies by making sure the Lynx never win again without any of them (if so, then Maya might as well leave Minnesota if the Lynx don't want to win with her any more now that Whalen is retired, and Augustus and Brunson are close behind). I have never said the Lynx ever have had to bench or get rid of the veteran starters.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/30/18 3:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know there is small compensation for not going over seas that teams are allowed to pay, so maybe Moore and Fowles are splitting that.

Also is there any compensation for being on the Worlds National team? As I would expect both to be on that, though it is possible they could skip.

I don't think Minny is that badly off If Moore and Fowles get rest they are a very good one two punch.

Let's say Brunson does retire but Augustus returns. Minny has the #6 pick, 3 2nd round picks where there will still be some end of roster talent available, and Minn is a very good destination for free agents. If Christmas is still cored by Dallas than they can't core G. Johnson, maybe Minny roles the dice on Glory. Johnson might be grateful for a change of scenery, bigger role, playing with experienced stars kind of move. If that doesn't work maybe try to bring Dantas back, or Dev Peters who seemed to be good when she was with the Lynx.

then you have something like

D Rob/A. Jones
Augustus/Wright
Moore/CZ
GloJo/#6 (Collier, Magbegor, B. Turner)
Fowles/Fagbenle

pick 16, 18, 20 g/w options Mabrey, Laska, Bell, Kea, Calhoun, Martin, Dillard, Cazola, Morris
post options Gustafason, Jennings, Thome, Howard
Even if only one of those picks sticks its not too bad

and that is before you add last years late cut Wagner or two years ago late cut Ting and options that appear on the waiver wire right now someone like Burduck, Bulgak, Graves, Griffin, R. Gray could probably fit in that 12th spot.

MiniLynx

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

No, because I think the Lynx and Reeve are a joke because almost everybody in Minnesota thinks that Reeve is a genius because she managed to win games when she has had twice as many superstars in their primes as any other team, yet she hasn't proven to me at all she wants to or knows how to build a team once other teams have caught up in talent, or that she knows what to do when she doesn't have all her veteran superstars in their prime to make her look good. All she had to do to prove to me she isn't overrated, and she isn't obsessed with old players/her own older starters/and can actually develop younger players is do the one move I thought was the most obvious move in the history of the universe in keeping Natasha Howard and not sign an expensive old vet instead (Wright) and let her be a star behind Brunson, and compete this year, not go 18-16 and turn the Storm into the best team in the WNBA instead. I hate Minnesota fans who think that is okay to no longer try to win titles because 4 is enough. I hate most Minnesota fans in general because they embrace and celebrate mediocrity instead of striving for greatness. I thought the goal of sports is to try to win titles, and I want to know what the Lynx are doing to try to win titles right now—the past is irrelevant. "Tanking" when Maya Moore is in her prime seems to be the stupidest thing ever, and I have no idea why it isn't okay to try to win and have good players after Whalen, Augustus, and Brunson, unless Reeve and the Lynx think they have to protect those players' legacies by making sure the Lynx never win again without any of them (if so, then Maya might as well leave Minnesota if the Lynx don't want to win with her any more now that Whalen is retired, and Augustus and Brunson are close behind). I have never said the Lynx ever have had to bench or get rid of the veteran starters.

Totally agree with PUmatty. A discussion about the Lynx without the negativity of your posts would be really refreshing. Just curious, do you have a direct line into all the Minnesota fans brains?? You seem to think you know alot about how the fans feel about the Minnesota teams. As a Minnesota fan, leave me out of your post because you have no idea what i'm thinking.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="J-Spoon"]I know there is small compensation for not going over seas that teams are allowed to pay, so maybe Moore and Fowles are splitting that.

Also is there any compensation for being on the Worlds National team? As I would expect both to be on that, though it is possible they could skip.

I don't think Minny is that badly off If Moore and Fowles get rest they are a very good one two punch.

Let's say Brunson does retire but Augustus returns. Minny has the #6 pick, 3 2nd round picks where there will still be some end of roster talent available, and Minn is a very good destination for free agents. If Christmas is still cored by Dallas than they can't core G. Johnson, maybe Minny roles the dice on Glory. Johnson might be grateful for a change of scenery, bigger role, playing with experienced stars kind of move. If that doesn't work maybe try to bring Dantas back, or Dev Peters who seemed to be good when she was with the Lynx.

then you have something like

D Rob/A. Jones
Augustus/Wright
Moore/CZ
Fowles/Fagbenle

pick 16, 18, 20 g/w options Mabrey, Laska, Bell, Kea, Calhoun, Martin, Dillard, Cazola, Morris
Even if only one of those picks sticks its not too bad

and that is before you add last years late cut Wagner or two years ago late cut Ting and options that appear on the waiver wire right now someone like Burduck, Bulgak, Graves, Griffin, R. Gray could probably fit in that 12th spot.[/quote]

Yes there is compensation. It may not be in the realm of overseas contract but playing/practice is pretty easy going in comparison.

I like Carzola out of that group as watching OR last year I thought she and Hebard were the major keys to that team.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/30/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If Christmas is still cored by Dallas than they can't core G. Johnson, maybe Minny roles the dice on Glory. Johnson might be grateful for a change of scenery, bigger role, playing with experienced stars kind of move.

No, Christmas will be off the core, so it’d be way more wise to core Johnson, if needed.

J-Spoon wrote:
If that doesn't work maybe try to bring Dantas back

We seem to be on the same wavelength....

J-Spoon wrote:
or Dev Peters who seemed to be good when she was with the Lynx.

.... until now. NO THANKS!

J-Spoon wrote:

D Rob/A. Jones
Augustus/Wright
Moore/CZ
Fowles/Fagbenle

Those are some nice names you’re coming up with. You seem to be trained by the best. Wink

J-Spoon wrote:
and that is before you add last years late cut Wagner

Now you’re talking, but with the new flood of talent and only one guard spot being open, the odds for her making it will be low again.

J-Spoon wrote:
that appear on the waiver wire right now someone like Burduck, Bulgak, Graves, Griffin, R. Gray could probably fit in that 12th spot.

Okay, now you’ve entered the quagmire and have completely lost me. The perpetual table crumbs.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

But Reeve is the same person who should be seeing how good her own players on the Lynx are, but she discards of them easily so she can sign old players based on how well they played against the Lynx 5 or 6 years ago instead. Smile

Eh, you’re copying me. That is a mystery, but Reeve was driven by her preference to be loaded with guards. Only explanation I can come up with. Reeve seems to enjoy the bulkier posts so maybe she thought Kizer would be better at a cheaper price. I liked the idea of Kizer myself, but wanted her beside Howard not instead of her.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
I demand the Lynx draft a PF at pick #6 too or SpaceJunkie Outrage Levels may hit unprecedented levels. As a person who nicknames Shepard "3-13" based on the conference record she led Nebraska to as a sophomore, I'm probably "asking" for her to end up on the Lynx, even if there's better draft prospects out there. Smile

Oh you like Shepard, huh? You’ve always had a thing for those Nebraska players. Any chance this is p_d swanson’s other account? Wink

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/01/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Oh you like Shepard, huh? You’ve always had a thing for those Nebraska players. Any chance this is p_d swanson’s other account? Wink

No. I've never liked her, and was amused how Nebraska was 3-13 with her, and 11-5 the following year without her. I am such a hater, I picked Notre Dame to lose early in all my brackets, so of course they won the national title. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

No. I've never liked her, and was amused how Nebraska was 3-13 with her, and 11-5 the following year without her. I am such a hater, I picked Notre Dame to lose early in all my brackets, so of course they won the national title. Smile

Did you hate them because of that last minute no-wait transfer? I hate being reminded of that. It infuriates me!

Did you have fondness for Connie Yori, who resigned instead of putting up with whiny millennials, including Shepard?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/01/18 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

Did you hate them because of that last minute no-wait transfer? I hate being reminded of that. It infuriates me!

Did you have fondness for Connie Yori, who resigned instead of putting up with whiny millennials, including Shepard?

I don't care about the no-wait transfer, I just find it amusing that Shepard is supposed to be such a great player yet Nebraska only went 3-13 with her in a weak Big Ten (Even the Gophers of late never finished that bad) then went 11-5 after she left. And I have no idea what ever happened.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 09/01/18 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska got a pretty good gift in Kate Cain. Minnesota was on her transfer list, too. Sad

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/02/18 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nebraska got a pretty good gift in Kate Cain. Minnesota was on her transfer list, too. Sad

Going back to what I started in the other thread, my current favorite (odds-wise) is for the Lynx to end up with Collier (the Lynx are going to be a team of all 6, 6-1 players, except Temi), if only because she's from UConn, and her favorite player is Maya Moore. But then again, I have nothing to show to me that Reeve likes Maya Moore. This entire year seemed to be a scam by Cheryl Reeve to try to ruin Maya Moore by making her (and her team) look terrible and by making sure that Natasha Howard ends up leading her teams to more Finals than Maya to the point where Jordan Brand will have to drop Maya Moore in favor of the superior G.O.A.T.-caliber, all she does is win, WNBA player, Natasha Howard. Shocked

tfan

PostPosted: 09/02/18 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Technically a re-commit list. Some schools must have filled out their rosters her senior year, and she had a good year. She went from a fall 2016 list of [Delaware, Syracuse, Seton Hall, West Virginia] to a spring 2017 list of [Nebraska, Minnesota, Virginia, Dayton].

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/04/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

But Reeve is the same person who should be seeing how good her own players on the Lynx are, but she discards of them easily so she can sign old players based on how well they played against the Lynx 5 or 6 years ago instead. Smile

Eh, you’re copying me. That is a mystery, but Reeve was driven by her preference to be loaded with guards. Only explanation I can come up with. Reeve seems to enjoy the bulkier posts so maybe she thought Kizer would be better at a cheaper price. I liked the idea of Kizer myself, but wanted her beside Howard not instead of her.

Going back to this part which I didn't get to, it had to be Reeve's continued obsession with having as many vets on the bench versus giving younger players (even if they are better—I prefer quality over quantity) the bulk of the playing time, which I thought she'd be done with after 2017, because I thought having the vet starters should be good enough. The Lynx didn't/wouldn't need to have a backup (Kizer) when they already had Howard & Fagbenle, and they didn't need to sign Wright (just to have excuse not to play any younger guards) if her price exceeded what's left after what a guard (Montgomery/D-Rob) and Howard would cost. Reeve's idea of winning this year was to make the team as old as possible, and the Lynx magically turned to a .500ish team and got beat by the younger teams. Howard for a 2nd round pick has to be the worst idea for a "win-now trade" by a GM of all-time. Smile If the Lynx had a competent GM, they'd be in great shape, even if they struggled last season, because they could draft the quality guard from Notre Dame, Cunningham, or whoever to fix guard depth (between Ceci, Howard, and Temi, their SF,PF,C depth would've been perfectly fine), but now they probably should draft a PF so Temi isn't the only younger PF/C they have, unless they think other teams will let top FAs leave, like they did. Confused

Shades

PostPosted: 09/23/18 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya in new Air Jordan commercial
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/6922c616b32b8dacf4ef7ce92f236b21/5BAA5688/t50.2886-16/42259289_287000198790104_6010339425425293312_n.mp4

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/18 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since the Lynx seem to have dibs on French players, why doesn’t Reeve give Johannes a try? I thought there could be something going on there.
https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/4f5f0450f939a52c08263c7cef706e1c/5BAB4DBC/t50.2886-16/42502109_1975460945845812_5875119037310042112_n.mp4

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92495&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=436
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92607&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 5 of 31

Jump to: