Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/24/19 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My hot take of the day:

Lexie Brown should be starting.

Sims and DRob simply do not space the floor enough when they are playing out there together. Both have similar strengths and weaknesses. One of the two should be starting the other coming off the bench.

PostPosted: 07/24/19 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
To be honest, the Lynx should be worse than they are this season. Between retirements

Some retirements are good. If Whalen didn't want to stay in top shape, hers was overdue. With Brunson being 37, it's time. Some players don't know when it's time. That's when you got to let them know. Reeve doesn't like letting old-timers go. Maybe this season finally got her to see the light. She can win with young players too.

MuneravenMN wrote:
injuries

Similar to retirements, some injuries are good. The good ones let you know that your backups are probably better than your starters going forward. Would Talbot and Brown have been given the opportunities that they have had if Augustus and Christmas weren't out?

The bad injuries were Shepard and Dantas going down about the same time. That wasn't too helpful for showing anything except you don't want to have Collier as a fulltime PF.

MuneravenMN wrote:
Maya Moore just quitting

That's a little harsh. She had a calling.

MuneravenMN wrote:
they have every reason to be worse.

They had a great offseason. Much better than the last one. It'd be very disappointing to me if they're not a playoff team.

MuneravenMN wrote:
I think they should trade Fowles for picks and go full rebuild.

Fowles may not seem like she's doing much on the court lately, until you look at the boxscore. She's still a keeper, and if she actually wants to be here, I'd just be happy with that.

MuneravenMN wrote:
Trade Maya too if she is willing to play closer to home.

If Collier looks good as the future fulltime SF at the end of season, I suppose that's a possibility.

Instead of it being about closer to home, how about if she's willing to be traded to whoever has the #1 pick? Looks like ATL will only have a 10% chance at that. She'd be a nice fit for the NYL. They might be going to a better stadium.

I think the #1 pick will be important because I visualize Reeve seeing Ionescu as a super deluxe version of Whalen. I'm not sure any other 2020 draft pick would be worth it in a package for Maya. The other pieces of the deal would have to be that much juicier if it didn't include the #1 pick.

Of course, Maya retiring is a possibility too. If that's the case, the only player I'd consider trading is Christmas-Present. She needs to be re-gifted.

MuneravenMN wrote:
It's time for a full-on rebuild around the decent youngsters we have.

They're already partially rebuilt from this offseason. Just need a little moore tinkering.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 07/25/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
To be honest, the Lynx should be worse than they are this season. Between retirements

Some retirements are good. If Whalen didn't want to stay in top shape, hers was overdue. With Brunson being 37, it's time. Some players don't know when it's time. That's when you got to let them know. Reeve doesn't like letting old-timers go. Maybe this season finally got her to see the light. She can win with young players too.

MuneravenMN wrote:
injuries

Similar to retirements, some injuries are good. The good ones let you know that your backups are probably better than your starters going forward. Would Talbot and Brown have been given the opportunities that they have had if Augustus and Christmas weren't out?

The bad injuries were Shepard and Dantas going down about the same time. That wasn't too helpful for showing anything except you don't want to have Collier as a fulltime PF.

MuneravenMN wrote:
Maya Moore just quitting

MuneravenMN wrote:

They had a great offseason. Much better than the last one. It'd be very disappointing to me if they're not a playoff team.

MuneravenMN wrote:

Fowles may not seem like she's doing much on the court lately, until you look at the boxscore. She's still a keeper, and if she actually wants to be here, I'd just be happy with that.

MuneravenMN wrote:

If Collier looks good as the future fulltime SF at the end of season, I suppose that's a possibility.

Instead of it being about closer to home, how about if she's willing to be traded to whoever has the #1 pick? Looks like ATL will only have a 10% chance at that. She'd be a nice fit for the NYL. They might be going to a better stadium.

I think the #1 pick will be important because I visualize Reeve seeing Ionescu as a super deluxe version of Whalen. I'm not sure any other 2020 draft pick would be worth it in a package for Maya. The other pieces of the deal would have to be that much juicier if it didn't include the #1 pick.

Of course, Maya retiring is a possibility too. If that's the case, the only player I'd consider trading is Christmas-Present. She needs to be re-gifted.

MuneravenMN wrote:

They're already partially rebuilt from this offseason. Just need a little moore tinkering.

Good points.

Who am I to doubt someone else's calling? But she DID quit. It may sound harsh but it is true. She walked away from the job . . .which is quitting.

I really love Big Syl and would hate to trade her. But I could let Maya go and not blink. Maya is SO talented but, for whatever reason, she isn't one of my favorite players. Kind of like how I used to feel about A-Rod in baseball: A super-talent but I guess not my cup of tea.

(It's cool, Maya. What do I know? Go with God.)

I am a PG fan so if tinkering can get the Lynx a great PG? I am all in on tinkering.

PostPosted: 07/26/19 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
Shades wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:
injuries

MuneravenMN wrote:
Maya Moore just quitting

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

Good points.

Who am I to doubt someone else's calling? But she DID quit. It may sound harsh but it is true. She walked away from the job . . .which is quitting.

I really love Big Syl and would hate to trade her. But I could let Maya go and not blink. Maya is SO talented but, for whatever reason, she isn't one of my favorite players. Kind of like how I used to feel about A-Rod in baseball: A super-talent but I guess not my cup of tea.

I am a PG fan so if tinkering can get the Lynx a great PG? I am all in on tinkering.

Of course, you could let Maya go and not blink......that is why your nowhere close to being a GM...if maya comes back, and plays until she is ready to retire, the lynx could win atleast 2 more ships....so glad your not the GM

PostPosted: 07/26/19 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
Shades wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:
injuries

MuneravenMN wrote:
Maya Moore just quitting

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

Good points.

Of course, you could let Maya go and not blink......that is why your nowhere close to being a GM...if maya comes back, and plays until she is ready to retire, the lynx could win atleast 2 more ships....so glad your not the GM

PostPosted: 07/27/19 5:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should hve tanked from the get go now no realistic chance at Ionescu:/

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 07/27/19 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
Shades wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:
injuries

MuneravenMN wrote:
Maya Moore just quitting

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

Good points.

I’m glad I’m not the GM too! I would suck at it.

But I was talking about my personal attachment to Maya Moore. Most fans don’t just pick the best player of the moment as their favorite player. Heck, sometimes your favorite player isn’t even a starter on your team! My point was that I don’t feel attached to Moore. I respect her talent, but I wouldn’t feel bad if she wasn’t on my team outside of the talent you would obviously miss. Do you get what I mean? I’m not dissing Moore’s ability at all. I’m saying that, on a personal level, I could be okay seeing her on another team. Not like when Katie Smith got traded back in the day, which I never got over. I hated seeing her in a different uniform the rest of her career. 😢

PostPosted: 07/29/19 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
LynxFan32 wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
Shades wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:
injuries

MuneravenMN wrote:
Maya Moore just quitting

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

MuneravenMN wrote:

Good points.

I’m glad I’m not the GM too! I would suck at it.

But I was talking about my personal attachment to Maya Moore. Most fans don’t just pick the best player of the moment as their favorite player. Heck, sometimes your favorite player isn’t even a starter on your team! My point was that I don’t feel attached to Moore. I respect her talent, but I wouldn’t feel bad if she wasn’t on my team outside of the talent you would obviously miss. Do you get what I mean? I’m not dissing Moore’s ability at all. I’m saying that, on a personal level, I could be okay seeing her on another team. Not like when Katie Smith got traded back in the day, which I never got over. I hated seeing her in a different uniform the rest of her career. 😢

I get it but you are probably the only Lynx fan that feels like that

PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jillian Alleyne signed to a 7-day contract

Shades

PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asia Taylor didn’t seem to get picked up by anyone, so I wonder if she didn’t want to come back, couldn’t come back because of some rule, or if the Lynx decided they needed more size.

I wonder if they’re regretting cutting Coates. They should have just parked Zandalisini, if she was amenable to being parked. With Augustus coming back and really liking what they’ve seen from Talbot, I’m not sure what more Zandalisini can add to this year’s team, especially being not 100% and not assimilated to the new system. Maybe they’d like to showcase her for a trade, because somebody’s gotta get traded if and when Maya and Christmas come back next season.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can the Mercury trade back for Talbot?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/30/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Sure. Why would Minnesota want to do that?

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Well, if the Merc miss the playoffs and end up with one of the top two picks I'd be amenable to a deal.. Wink

PostPosted: 07/30/19 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Well, if the Merc miss the playoffs and end up with one of the top two picks I'd be amenable to a deal.. Wink

What do you mean, if? Are you doubting the lucky balls?

PostPosted: 07/30/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Minnesota shouldn't, but Phoenix probably regrets trading her. BTW, I think that trade can't happen this season. Isn't there a rule that player X can't be traded back to the team that traded them at the beginning of the season?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/30/19 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Minnesota shouldn't, but Phoenix probably regrets trading her. BTW, I think that trade can't happen this season. Isn't there a rule that player X can't be traded back to the team that traded them at the beginning of the season?

Don't think so, no. There are rules about trading players signed as free agents, or players whose offer sheets were matched, or signing players who you previously cut, but I don't think there's anything that says you can't re-trade for someone you traded away.

PostPosted: 07/30/19 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Minnesota shouldn't, but Phoenix probably regrets trading her.

I'm outraged that we got out-traded by the worst, most outrageously bad traders in the WNBA!!!

PostPosted: 07/30/19 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Minnesota shouldn't, but Phoenix probably regrets trading her.

I'm outraged that we got out-traded by the worst, most outrageously bad traders in the WNBA!!!

PostPosted: 07/31/19 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per Reeve at today's practice, Zandalasini will not be playing with the team this year.

Sounds like her injury isn't healing on a quick enough timeline.

PostPosted: 07/31/19 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Per Reeve at today's practice, Zandalasini will not be playing with the team this year.

Sounds like her injury isn't healing on a quick enough timeline.

Does make you wonder why Taylor wasn't brought back instead of signing Alleyne? I'm sure Reeve regrets cutting Coates now.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/19 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.twincities.com/2019/07/31/seimone-augustus-nearly-ready-but-cecilia-zandalasini-wont-play-this-season/

Quote:
The question about Augustus is what her role will be when she returns. She has started every game in her 14-year WNBA career, never averaging fewer than 26 minutes a game.

“We’re still talking about that, talking through that,” Reeve said. “I suspect that we’ll have a little bit more limited minutes. This is not going to be a 28-minute player, so how do you best utilize her, what is the timing of when you want her, and how do we achieve that? We’re still working on that.”

A reporter suggested perhaps Augustus could provide scoring punch off the pine.

“I just know having her on the floor for our offense is going to be good. When are the moments that we can use her?” Reeve said. “I want her to play defense, too. Your idea, offense off the bench, she’ll probably like that. I’ll pitch it to her.”

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/01/19 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How will the Lynx fit Seimone Augustus back into the lineup?
Derek James (High Post Hoops)

https://highposthoops.com/2019/08/01/how-will-lynx-fit-seimone-augustus-back-into-the-lineup/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/05/19 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should we worry about the Minnesota Lynx?
Derek James (High Post Hoops)

Quote:
Where do the Lynx go wrong away from Target Center? It’s hard to say. Here are a few observations:

--- The Lynx are ninth in road offensive rating but third in effective field goal percentage.
--- The Lynx lead all road teams in turnover percentage at 21.7 percent, which is 1.4 percent more than second-place Dallas.
--- Rebounding and ball movement is also not a problem as they are among the best road teams in both categories.
--- The Lynx are sixth in road net rating, which isn’t surprising for a team that is two games below .500 on the road.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/08/04/worry-minnesota-lynx/

Shades

PostPosted: 08/15/19 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With 9 games remaining for Lynx.....

Season series won
CON 2-1
NYL 2-1
ATL 2-1
CHI 2-0 | Remaining game on 8/27
PHX 2-0 | Remaining game on 9/06

Season series lost
WAS 0-2 | Remaining game on 8/16
LVA 0-2 | Remaining game on 8/25

Season series to be decided
SEA 1-2 (4-gm series) | Remaining game on 8/18
Tiebreaker: Better winning percentage against all teams with .500 or better record at the end of the season.
DAL 1-1 | Remaining game on 8/22
IND 1-1 | Remaining game on 9/01
LAS 0-1 | Remaining games on 8/20, 9/08

Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/19 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like Alleyne was released on 8/20 and wasn’t re-signed.
Now it appears they have signed Bridget Carleton to a seven-day contract.

https://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-sign-forward-bridget-carleton/

She probably won’t contribute much on the court this season but they can lock in reserve rights for her if they decide to keep her.

Reeve worrying about the SF position again, although I suppose she can be used as a big guard like Talbot, Augustus. 🤔

Last edited by Shades on 08/22/19 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: