PostPosted: 02/24/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hilarious! Laughing Laughing

https://twitter.com/minnesotalynx/status/1099805477020459008/video/1

Randy

PostPosted: 02/24/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

Lynx fans are just jealous because you actors are dinner theatre rejects. We have an Oscar level performer.

BTW - went to a Hawks game the other night. I came away with the feeling that the men don't do nearly as much whining at the refs as the women do. Of course, it's not like the Hawks games matter but still.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/25/19 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Lynx fans are just jealous because you actors are dinner theatre rejects. We have an Oscar level performer.

BTW - went to a Hawks game the other night. I came away with the feeling that the men don't do nearly as much whining at the refs as the women do. Of course, it's not like the Hawks games matter but still.

Difference is that the Hawks want to lose their games..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/26/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota Lynx Seimone Augustus goes deep on why WNBA players go overseas to make more money

Quote:
This has been the routine for Augustus, who is entering her 11th season in the league, for eight years now. To make a satisfactory wage, the three-time WNBA champion has opted to give up summers, time with her family and her wife of almost two years to play overseas.

Quote:
In the WNBA, the maximum income a player could earn in 2016 was $109,000. In Russia, that number tripled to $325,000 for one season and as of 2014, a player could earn an estimated $600,000 playing in China, as Brittney Griner reportedly did.

There are a few WNBA players, such as Skylar Diggins and Elena Della Donne, who earn big money from their endorsements, who don’t have to play abroad to pay the bills. But stars such as Crystal Langhorne, Angel McCoughtry, Maya Moore, Nneka Ogwumike, Candace Parker, and many more work during the WNBA offseason.

Quote:
“Without a doubt, we should be able to get those sponsorship deals and really promo that,” said Augustus. “There are just some areas we haven’t tapped into yet. I don’t know why, but there’s a lot of stuff that we can actually get involved with that men cannot touch. You’re not going to catch a man on a Tampax commercial. There’s many things that women use on a day-to-day basis that the league can use and we can use to get where we want to go.”

Augustus explained that she isn’t leaving the WNBA, because she wants there to be something for future generations to aspire to. She also said it would be a letdown of all the work the founders of the league put into it if the current players decided to forgo the league for increased earnings.

http://theundefeated.com/features/minnesota-lynx-seimone-augustus/

I love it.

PostPosted: 02/27/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles and DRob went to Miami U to work out. I think Miami is Fowles’ home base. As long as they are there, maybe they can scout Miami prospects Beatrice Mompremier and Emese Hof. Hof is a senior, and Mompremier is a redshirt junior who could declare for the draft. Mompremier was a freshman with Kalani Brown at Baylor. She was starter the freshman year. The next year Brown took over, and then following year Mompremier sat out a year to transfer to Miami (should have transferred to ND).

The offense in Miami runs through the bigs.
Mompremier shooting 54%, great rebounding at 11.6 rpg, poor FT%
Hof more efficient at 60% and averages 2 bpg.
I’d lean towards Mompremier if she should come out, but with three second round picks, maybe the Lynx can grab both. Just make sure to also pick up a nice guard in the 2nd round.... unless they use #6 on a guard. Hold on, I also want the Chinese players. Need more picks and roster spots!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PRballer

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Minnesota Lynx Seimone Augustus goes deep on why WNBA players go overseas to make more money

Quote:
This has been the routine for Augustus, who is entering her 11th season in the league, for eight years now. To make a satisfactory wage, the three-time WNBA champion has opted to give up summers, time with her family and her wife of almost two years to play overseas.

Quote:
In the WNBA, the maximum income a player could earn in 2016 was $109,000. In Russia, that number tripled to $325,000 for one season and as of 2014, a player could earn an estimated $600,000 playing in China, as Brittney Griner reportedly did.

There are a few WNBA players, such as Skylar Diggins and Elena Della Donne, who earn big money from their endorsements, who don’t have to play abroad to pay the bills. But stars such as Crystal Langhorne, Angel McCoughtry, Maya Moore, Nneka Ogwumike, Candace Parker, and many more work during the WNBA offseason.

Quote:
“Without a doubt, we should be able to get those sponsorship deals and really promo that,” said Augustus. “There are just some areas we haven’t tapped into yet. I don’t know why, but there’s a lot of stuff that we can actually get involved with that men cannot touch. You’re not going to catch a man on a Tampax commercial. There’s many things that women use on a day-to-day basis that the league can use and we can use to get where we want to go.”

Augustus explained that she isn’t leaving the WNBA, because she wants there to be something for future generations to aspire to. She also said it would be a letdown of all the work the founders of the league put into it if the current players decided to forgo the league for increased earnings.

http://theundefeated.com/features/minnesota-lynx-seimone-augustus/

I love it.

Maybe I'm not following - is she still married? I thought it ended.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/28/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Maybe I'm not following - is she still married? I thought it ended.

It’s a two year old article.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/28/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx without Moore & Brunson.

PG: Robinson/Jones
SG: Christmas-Kelly/Wright
SF: Augustus/#6 pick
PF: Dantas/Larkins/Griffin
C: Fowles/Fagbenle
Plus their 3 second round picks & possibly Zandalasini

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/28/19 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

ouch Los Loss

PostPosted: 02/28/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

ouch Los Loss

Careful - I'd wouldn't be surprised at all if they win more games than the Wings.

stever

PostPosted: 03/01/19 11:49 am    ::: The unconditional love driving Canberra's Kelsey Griffin Reply Reply with quote

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/the-unconditional-love-driving-canberra-s-kelsey-griffin-20190220-p50yym.html

Shades

PostPosted: 03/01/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As long as we’re bringing original draft picks of the Lynx back into the fold, how about having Jessica Breland come back?

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/02/19 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
As long as we’re bringing original draft picks of the Lynx back into the fold, how about having Jessica Breland come back?

Isn't she under contract in Atlanta?

PostPosted: 03/02/19 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not if you ask Megdal. Wink

I was being glib, but Breland is the original Lynx draft pick I’d really like to see on the Lynx. That’d be very helpful right now to have some nice depth in the post.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/02/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

ouch Los Loss

Careful - I'd wouldn't be surprised at all if they win more games than the Wings.

Were not worried about wins this season so if minny did that would be ideal! Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/02/19 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Not if you ask Megdal. Wink

I was being glib, but Breland is the original Lynx draft pick I’d really like to see on the Lynx. That’d be very helpful right now to have some nice depth in the post.

Larkins & Fagbenle behind Dantas & Fowles isn't enough? Smile
Lynx don't have any guard depth either, but I'd rather wait until the 2nd round since the best player available at #6 probably won't be a guard.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/02/19 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not. There’s a reason why Indy, who won a championship with Larkins, no longer wanted her. Did you see anything that made you want her to come back? It looks like Larkins and Griffin are both on training camp contracts. If a player on a training camp contract makes the team, it’s usually not a great sign.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Lynx don't have any guard depth either, but I'd rather wait until the 2nd round since the best player available at #6 probably won't be a guard.

At least the guards are all signed and none are training camp contracts. It’s going to be interesting if Young enters the draft, but they’re going to be hurting for confident three point shooting with Maya out. Cunningham?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/02/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indy wanted Cappie so that really doesnt say all that much tbh

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 03/02/19 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not. There’s a reason why Indy, who won a championship with Larkins, no longer wanted her. Did you see anything that made you want her to come back? It looks like Larkins and Griffin are both on training camp contracts. If a player on a training camp contract makes the team, it’s usually not a great sign.

SpaceJunkie wrote:

At least the guards are all signed and none are training camp contracts. It’s going to be interesting if Young enters the draft, but they’re going to be hurting for confident three point shooting with Maya out. Cunningham?

I can't tell from anywhere that Larkins is a training camp contract. My excitement level about re-signing Larkins was about a 0 because coming into this offseason, I wanted pick #6 to be whoever the top PF/C is, so Lynx can be set in the frontcourt forever.

Augustus most years has some minor injury, and is only effective when her minutes are limited, and her backup is so old I've read about her in history books, yet everybody being signed is some PF/C, so what happens is someone gets injured (especially if Ceci is gone)? Does that or does that not mean Lynx planning on drafting some SG/SFs at #6? Collier? KLS? Young if she declares? Cunningham or Carleton too high? Or not?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/03/19 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Zandalasini wants to play this year but not until after EuroBasket Women, they probably won't sign her until she shows up. That way she's not on the cap and they don't have to worry about suspensions and all that crap. I'm also not sure how much time they're expecting Fagbenle to miss (for the same tournament). GB Basketball has virtually no money so there may not be much of a camp for her to hang around for, so it may well just be a choice between rest and the WNBA. But bear in mind that that may be another consideration in signing posts and half-posts.

PostPosted: 03/05/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheryl coming up on CNN about WH visits.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
Cheryl coming up on CNN about WH visits.

On Live TV Or a story on Cnn.com ?

PostPosted: 03/05/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was live, said they were never invited and she believes it is gender based.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/05/19 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:

You Go Cheryl ! Space what you think ? Laughing

PostPosted: 03/05/19 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:

Given that no women's teams have received individual invitations to the Trump White House, she's probably right

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 18 of 31

Jump to: