Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/19 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Wings waive Gustafson and Burke

Poor Burke.....Gustaffson needs a few years overseas imo.

Really, based really on a game and a half of preseason action?

Based off what i saw with my own eyes against the worst team in the WNBA as of last season. Shes not ready to guard 5's in this league. McCowan pushed her around sunday and McCowan still has a long way to go herself . Maybe Gustaffson gets another shot elsewhere but i dont think she dropped to 17 by coincidence.

PostPosted: 05/23/19 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good stuff.

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dS7Alchy41w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/23/19 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

What did you have as your final roster projection prior to the final cuts? How do you feel about the roster now that it's final? Do you have any idea or heard anything on when Moriah will join the group?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/23/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

What did you have as your final roster projection prior to the final cuts? How do you feel about the roster now that it's final? Do you have any idea or heard anything on when Moriah will join the group?

No news on Moriah , im fine with the final roster other than the obvious blunder of Hill over burke but i understand the reasoning .

PostPosted: 05/23/19 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

I would really like to know the mindset of Moriah at this point, to me, it doesn't matter whose on the roster and who's not now that everything is final, however, it does matter that everyone involved is locked in, happy, on the same page and actually WANTS to be in Dallas!!!

I'm just so tired of the bs when the cameras are rolling, but you feel some type of way on the inside. If you wanna live in NY or LA, don't sign with a team in a city other than where you actually desire to play....you're not gonna hurt our feelings if you don't wanna live or play here, it's one less person I have to deal with in traffic😆

Speebs56

PostPosted: 05/23/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

I would really like to know the mindset of Moriah at this point, to me, it doesn't matter whose on the roster and who's not now that everything is final, however, it does matter that everyone involved is locked in, happy, on the same page and actually WANTS to be in Dallas!!!

I'm just so tired of the bs when the cameras are rolling, but you feel some type of way on the inside. If you wanna live in NY or LA, don't sign with a team in a city other than where you actually desire to play....you're not gonna hurt our feelings if you don't wanna live or play here, it's one less person I have to deal with in traffic😆

Not sure if this was in reference to MoJeff, but as she's from the greater Dallas area, I would guess she's not unhappy to return to her home area.

Mojo

PostPosted: 05/23/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

Not sure if this was in reference to MoJeff, but as she's from the greater Dallas area, I would guess she's not unhappy to return to her home area.

Yes MJefferso was born in Dallas and played high school basketball st THESA. Located in Ft Worth I think

Mojo

PostPosted: 05/23/19 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mannman wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Wings waive Gustafson and Burke

Poor Burke.....Gustaffson needs a few years overseas imo.

Really, based really on a game and a half of preseason action?

Based off what i saw with my own eyes against the worst team in the WNBA as of last season. Shes not ready to guard 5's in this league. McCowan pushed her around sunday and McCowan still has a long way to go herself . Maybe Gustaffson gets another shot elsewhere but i dont think she dropped to 17 by coincidence.

Gustafson scoring so much in college made her draft worthy, though in some cases it may not compute into being a WNBA star. Banham for example. Seasoning overseas might help, but in some cases like Akhator who had good stats overseas, then gets cut, it's hard to predict what will happen. I was hoping Gustafson would go on a scoring/rebounding spree and make decisions hard. Neither Gustafson nor Mccowan looked pro ready, but either could be later on.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/23/19 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's up with Azura Stevens's injury? Is she going to be ready to go in full opening day?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/26/19 9:59 am    ::: A Good And Smart Preview Of A Wide-Open 2019 WNBA Season Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

Checkout pilight's comments about the DWings and let me know what you think about it!!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/26/19 12:23 pm    ::: Re: A Good And Smart Preview Of A Wide-Open 2019 WNBA Season Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

Checkout pilight's comments about the DWings and let me know what you think about it!!!

he didn't write the article. Just posted the link. Don't execute the messenger.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/26/19 4:07 pm    ::: Re: A Good And Smart Preview Of A Wide-Open 2019 WNBA Season Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

Point me in the direction??

PostPosted: 06/13/19 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings re-sign Megan Gustafson

PostPosted: 06/13/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Must have buckled to the heat. Was somebody cut?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/13/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
The Wings were granted the opportunity to sign Gustafson following a series of events that have depleted the 12-player roster. Tayler Hill will undergo knee surgery within the coming days and will be out indefinitely, Glory Johnson will depart for Eurobasket to compete with Montenegro following the Wings game against Atlanta on Saturday, June 15 and rookie Arike Ogunbowale is doubtful for tonight’s game against Indiana due to an ankle injury sustained in the team’s outing at Washington on June 9.

So I’m guessing they can use the hardship exemption due to Hill & Ogunbowale being injured in season right?

PostPosted: 06/13/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It sounds like they qualify for both types of hardship. It also means that Dallas will have to cut Gustafson at some point. It's a bit weird because 3 of 4 players mentioned are guards. That suggests Megan is there to fill in for Glory. Maybe another move coming?

PostPosted: 06/13/19 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They should have Jefferson back soon as well. That would put them at 11 with Gustafson.

PG: McCarty-Williams/Jefferson
SG: Gray/Davis
SF: Thornton
PF: Stevens/Plaisance
C: McGee-Stafford/Gustafson

But until Jefferson is ready, expect a lot of playing time for Davis.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 06/13/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They should have Jefferson back soon as well. That would put them at 11 with Gustafson.

PG: McCarty-Williams/Jefferson
SG: Gray/Davis
C: McGee-Stafford/Gustafson

But until Jefferson is ready, expect a lot of playing time for Davis.

Shades

PostPosted: 06/13/19 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can’t make sense of your roster, toad. You’d be perfect for the Wings’ staff.

Harrison still plays for the Wings.
Ogunbowale isn’t out indefinitely, but she’s out for tonight’s game.
Johnson is still playing for a couple more games.

Jefferson is suspended and already being subbed for so it wouldn’t make sense for her to be a part of the cap exception calculation.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/13/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I should have done my own research first rather than simply accepting what was implied by the articles. If the Wings website can be trusted, Dallas has 13 players before adding Gustafson. Jefferson is there but suspended. At the moment, she does count against the cap but not the roster spot or injury count. Skylar is not playing, but I assume she's getting paid so she's on the roster classified as disabled. Hill is injured long-term. Those two probably qualify Dallas for a Hardship Exemption. In addition, Ogunbowale is out short-term. Three players unable to play qualifies them for an Emergency Hardship exemption. If they want to keep Gustafson around for a while, then they probably used the regular Hardship. There used to be a waiting period involved with these requests, but I guess either they no longer exist or Dallas has met them. If Glory is still here for another couple of games, then bringing in Gustafson now rather than a guard is a bit strange. I would think more moves are planned.

PostPosted: 06/13/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Injury-riddled Wings re-sign Iowa's Gustafson

Quote:
"We are excited to bring Megan back to the Dallas Wings organization," team president and CEO Greg Bibb said. "We are currently dealing with a series of roster challenges, and we are fortunate to have the opportunity to sign a player of Megan's character and ability."

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/26965629/injury-riddled-wings-re-sign-iowa-gustafson

toad455

PostPosted: 06/13/19 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I forgot Harrison, whoops. Gustafson is just filling in for Johnson. Jefferson is expected to start playing by the end of June. If Diggins joins by the All-Star break, then someone else needs to go.

PG: McCarty-Williams/Jefferson^
SG: Gray/Ogunbowale*/Davis
C: Harrison/McGee-Stafford/Gustafson
^currently suspended
*currently injured

Shades

PostPosted: 06/13/19 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCarty-Williams/(Diggins)
Gray/Ogunbowale/(Hill)
Thornton/Davis
Johnson/Stevens/Plaisance
Harrison/McGee-Stafford/Gustafson

toad455

PostPosted: 06/13/19 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
McCarty-Williams/(Diggins)
Gray/Ogunbowale/(Hill)
Thornton/Davis
Johnson/Stevens/Plaisance
Harrison/McGee-Stafford/Gustafson

so who, in your mind, goes when Jefferson starts in a few weeks?

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 06/14/19 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In her first #WNBA season, @DallasWings Brooke McCarty-Williams is leading the team with 4.8 assists a game

https://twitter.com/WNBA/status/1139306454676979718

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 39 of 44

Jump to: