Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
The Dallas Wings will be paying Tayler Hill over $100,000 for the 2019 season, that's starter's money.

Shes a FA so it most likely will not be us paying her.

No she's not, which is rather the point.

She came in the league 2013. How is BG a FA and shes not after this season ? RFA yeah but who says we have to match ?

Because when you're out of contract - in her case after her rookie deal ended following the 2016 season - you can sign for one, two, three, or four years. Just because she would now be eligible for unrestricted free agency, doesn't mean she's out of contract.

One thing she cannot possibly be is an RFA, considering she's played six years in the WNBA.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
The Dallas Wings will be paying Tayler Hill over $100,000 for the 2019 season, that's starter's money.

Shes a FA so it most likely will not be us paying her.

No she's not, which is rather the point.

She came in the league 2013. How is BG a FA and shes not after this season ? RFA yeah but who says we have to match ?

Because when you're out of contract - in her case after her rookie deal ended following the 2016 season - you can sign for one, two, three, or four years. Just because she would now be eligible for unrestricted free agency, doesn't mean she's out of contract.

One thing she cannot possibly be is an RFA, considering she's played six years in the WNBA.

Do we have the proof stating she signed an extension for two , three or four more years? Thats what i cannot seem to find . I doubt she has as well with the CBA about to expire . She also missed a season due to injury does that still count towards her playing years ? The question is did she sign a multi year extension for more than 3 years in 2016 ? That i doubt .

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I give up.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't give up we still haven't heard if she is or isn't Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Yeah dont give up i really want to know . If we took a player in a trade who demands near max for multi-years im throwing in my Fan towel . I thought i read somewhere that her contract was up after this season as a mystics player, but per richy that could be wrong . I need to see concrete proof i really dont want her as a wing next season. No offense Tayler HH .

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Yeah dont give up i really want to know. If we took a player in a trade who demands near max for multi-years im throwing in my Fan towel. I thought i read somewhere that her contract was up after this season as a mystics player, but per richy that could be wrong. I need to see concrete proof i really dont want her as a wing next season. No offense Tayler HH.

Hill signed before the 2017 season (her first RFA season). This was before her ACL injury. Here’s what Thibault had to say about the signing.

Quote:
“Signing Tayler to a long-term contract was one of our biggest offseason priorities,” said Thibault.

To me, long-term would be 3 or 4 years.

Hey, you tell people they should appreciate the MDB, but here you are not trusting it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else still confused what her status is?

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to this spread sheet Tayler Hill has 2 years left on her contract, both years she's making over $100,000.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit#gid=363331038

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ouch.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Ouch.

She get paid the same as Cambage. No wonder Liz was complaining about her salary. Razz

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Still loving Liz. But I agree, gotta plan for the future if she doesn’t come back. I think this season got stuck in the mud due to fred’s Laziness and incompetence. The easiest thing to do is ride 1 & 5 until they die. It kind of showed his lack of competence as Glory was arguably the best player on the court at times last year and thoroughly unused this year. She was an afterthought all season long. Hellllloooo!!! Where is the high-low game between gloJo and Liz. I mean someone shoulda been seriously administered a beat-down with those high octane ladies. I cannot blame skylar being a ball hog as everything about this season seems to be pointed at her being rode too f***ing hard. I searched all season with reps, neighboring fans, staff, this board, and the occasional coach trying to find why the hell one releases Chong to replace her with the 12th woman on the bench of 10. I’d like to credit Bibb with some of this idiocy as he seems like a pretentious boob striding around for 3 seasons and never bothering to say, boo, kiss my ass, give me more Money or god forbid-thanks for your unwavering support. Hmmmm, maybe open your eyes and listen to someone other than yourself Narcissis.

Thornton earned her spot in my eyes. On a team that needs a bolus of adrenaline on top of a constant drip, she needs to be on the floor. Used more wisely? Yes! Some people she cannot guard. Aja Wilson?
No, she is too strong and easily shoots over Thornton. That anemic GWH, EDD? Yes!!! Body her up and move her off her spots. Her trajectory from her 5 games at the Mystics to last year to this year is to the moon. I say, let’s see her game next year.

I also expect year 2 to be a Massive improvement for Azura. She needs to be pushed next year. Glimpses of brilliance this season. Push her! And I think she can defend. The W over the Aces could be partly attributed to 3 statement blocks By Stevens. She just needs a coach!!!

Next point, and likely biggest, the coaching! Give it to Taj! I liked what I heard from her speaking to the media. She does not mince words, which hopefully means she holds Players accountable. This teams needs a push and I’m tired Of the old has-beens.

Next, keep Lucas. She should get better as she gets stronger from whatever put that ankle to neck brace on her leg she was wearing. And it is no secret the Wings need a SHOOTER. For the love of God, find a shooter-you have LIZ and DIGGINS, for fox sake, just any 40% 3 point shooter will wreak havoc on opposing defenses.

Finally, draft concerns. Shooter, shooter shooter. If Liz does not play, demand GJ and Azura to cover the posts. Mobile 5’s are the future of this league. Shooter!

Phwew, just a few opinions/observations.

You have several good points. Those who say Thornton should be on the bench must be blind. That young lady has played hard every tie she is on the floor. Azura has done nicely and will get better. GoJo needs to be back in the starting lineup and I haven't seen much from Taylor.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
According to this spread sheet Tayler Hill has 2 years left on her contract, both years she's making over $100,000.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit#gid=363331038

That’s the MDB.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Yeah dont give up i really want to know . If we took a player in a trade who demands near max for multi-years im throwing in my Fan towel . I thought i read somewhere that her contract was up after this season as a mystics player, but per richy that could be wrong . I need to see concrete proof i really dont want her as a wing next season. No offense Tayler HH .

I guess you'll be throwing in your fan towel. Tayler Hill will have a contract with the Dallas Wings for $115K in 2019 and $117K in 2020. I do remember the Mystics signing Tayler Hill to an extension when she reached Restricted Free Agent Status.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/18 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:

Mobile 5’s are the future of this league.

I’m not so sure. The teams where it has worked well so far this season didn’t have a lot of choice, and are making the best of it, although SEA did use Langhorne last year. This year they subbed in a healthier Howard and haven’t looked back.

Maybe mobile 5’s works out well in a compacted season, but I don’t think we’ll ever see a season this compacted again after the grief the league has received for it.

What’s the history of centers winning championships? Well let’s take a look at the recent history.
2011 McWilliams-Franklin ~ Not mobile
2012 Larkins ~ Not particularly mobile
2013 McCarville ~ Mobile only in very short spurts
2014 Griner ~ Mobile for her size, but gotta consider her a “big”
2015 Fowles ~ Big (see above)
2016 Parker ~ Hey, take your “not a center” complaints elsewhere. On the official Sparks roster, Parker is listed as a C while Ogwumike is listed as a F. Parker is fairly mobile, but hardly a blaze for 6’4.
2017 Fowles
2018 ~ Yet to be determined, but it’s a little bit better than 50% odds that a skinny (mobile?) center will win a championship. Less than 25% chance that a center with mobility comparable to maybe Parker. Less than 25% chance that big Griner will repeat.

If Griner doesn’t win, 2018 could be an anomaly rather than a trend.

If a team can score a 6’6+ player that has a even a chance to be prominent, a team would be wise to give them a shot, imo.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Yeah dont give up i really want to know. If we took a player in a trade who demands near max for multi-years im throwing in my Fan towel. I thought i read somewhere that her contract was up after this season as a mystics player, but per richy that could be wrong. I need to see concrete proof i really dont want her as a wing next season. No offense Tayler HH.

Hill signed before the 2017 season (her first RFA season). This was before her ACL injury. Here’s what Thibault had to say about the signing.

Quote:
“Signing Tayler to a long-term contract was one of our biggest offseason priorities,” said Thibault.

To me, long-term would be 3 or 4 years.

Hey, you tell people they should appreciate the MDB, but here you are not trusting it.

What are you talking about not trusting it ? I originally stated some of the options on that spreadsheet were a bit iffy . I never said it was 100% correct , you were just hating on Megdal because he had information to give about the league and you couldnt. Thats why i made the comment to appreciate it versus finding something negative about anyone who gets info or knows something before you . #RebkellPlayersRep Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/28/18 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

I guess you'll be throwing in your fan towel. Tayler Hill will have a contract with the Dallas Wings for $115K in 2019 and $117K in 2020. I do remember the Mystics signing Tayler Hill to an extension when she reached Restricted Free Agent Status.

How is "Long=Term" calculated to be 3 or 4 years for a player like horrible hill , but only 2 Years for a player like cambage ? Laughing Long term could have been from 2016-2018 as well for Hill. Ijs will we ever find out ? Not til next season .

PostPosted: 08/28/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How is "Long=Term" calculated to be 3 or 4 years for a player like horrible hill , but only 2 Years for a player like cambage ? Laughing Long term could have been from 2016-2018 as well for Hill. Ijs will we ever find out ? Not til next season .

Every team has their own definition for "long-term". You're in even more denial than me during that regrettable period I had where I tried to convince myself Reeve isn't a crummy coach and the worst GM in the history of sports. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

What are you talking about not trusting it ? I originally stated some of the options on that spreadsheet were a bit iffy . I never said it was 100% correct , you were just hating on Megdal because he had information to give about the league and you couldnt. Thats why i made the comment to appreciate it versus finding something negative about anyone who gets info or knows something before you . #RebkellPlayersRep

I didn’t say anything different than you about the data base. I said I was skeptical that it was completely trustworthy. You’re assuming some kind of motivation for me for having the same opinion. That doesn’t make any sense. Maybe you’re confusing me with a few of the Megdal haters around here. I’m not one of them, but that doesn’t mean I won’t criticize his draft picks or his opinions. Whose draft picks don’t I criticize?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What are you talking about not trusting it ? I originally stated some of the options on that spreadsheet were a bit iffy . I never said it was 100% correct , you were just hating on Megdal because he had information to give about the league and you couldnt. Thats why i made the comment to appreciate it versus finding something negative about anyone who gets info or knows something before you . #RebkellPlayersRep

I didn’t say anything different than you about the data base. I said I was skeptical that it was completely trustworthy. You’re assuming some kind of motivation for me for having the same opinion. That doesn’t make any sense. Maybe you’re confusing me with a few of the Megdal haters around here. I’m not one of them, but that doesn’t mean I won’t criticize his draft picks or his opinions. Whose draft picks don’t I criticize?

In this case i do sincerely apologize Shades if this was not your intention .

PostPosted: 08/28/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Every team has their own definition for "long-term". You're in even more denial than me during that regrettable period I had where I tried to convince myself Reeve isn't a crummy coach and the worst GM in the history of sports. Smile

Denial is an understatement . Delirious , upset , Tarausi'ed , exhausted all could be used as well .

PostPosted: 08/31/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hiring Stocks wouldn't be a bad idea....I believe her biggest issue in Chicago were the decisions she made as GM...Selecting Gabby > Stevens when you already had multiple SF's and a great need for a PF was just asinine......I think Stocks would do a great job as just the HC.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/31/18 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Hiring Stocks wouldn't be a bad idea....I believe her biggest issue in Chicago were the decisions she made as GM...Selecting Gabby > Stevens when you already had multiple SF's and a great need for a PF was just asinine......I think Stocks would do a great job as just the HC.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

She wasnt that bad , but her platoon subbing for pretty much 3/4 of the season was very mind boggling.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

She wasnt that bad , but her platoon subbing for pretty much 3/4 of the season was very mind boggling.

Stocks caused her own problems by drafting Gabby over Stevens. This left a huge offensive and defensive hole in the starting lineup...Stocks mass substituting her players was also a failure...But to her credit, Stocks tried to make the adjustment by starting Parker. She even reduced Gabby's minutes, but to no avail........However, Stocks IMO is exactly what Dallas needs. A no-nonsense Head Coach who holds all of her players accountable...A Head Coach with a proven offensive system...Despite trading EDD. The Sky are still one of the better offensive teams...Stocks would definitely do a better job than Coach Williams of incorporating the Wings roleplayers into the offense.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/31/18 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Stocks caused her own problems by drafting Gabby over Stevens. This left a huge offensive and defensive hole in the starting lineup...Stocks mass substituting her players was also a failure...But to her credit, Stocks tried to make the adjustment by starting Parker. She even reduced Gabby's minutes, but to no avail........However, Stocks IMO is exactly what Dallas needs. A no-nonsense Head Coach who holds all of her players accountable...A Head Coach with a proven offensive system...Despite trading EDD. The Sky are still one of the better offensive teams...Stocks would definitely do a better job than Coach Williams of incorporating the Wings roleplayers into the offense.

Our defense is horrible , she coached the worst defensive team in the league . Not sure she is the answer disciplined or not . We might as well keep mama taj. Im still shooting for Eric Thibault or Coop . Preferably Thibault he could be the next Coach Collen !

PostPosted: 08/31/18 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Our defense is horrible , she coached the worst defensive team in the league . Not sure she is the answer disciplined or not . We might as well keep mama taj. Im still shooting for Eric Thibault or Coop . Preferably Thibault he could be the next Coach Collen !

Of course Chicago had the worst defense.

Cambage/Johnson > Dolson/Gabby at the 4/5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 3 of 44

Jump to: