RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I recall Sims being very happy to be traded to the Sparks, even though she’s a Dallas native. So Sims returning to Dallas hinges on whatever made her unhappy to be at the Wings. If she had chemistry problems with Fred Williams and that was the sole reason she was happy to leave, then she’d be a great candidate to return to Dallas. If she had chemistry problems with Diggins or other important team members, then you risk having them upset with Sims returning. Does Dallas want to risk losing any other key players? The dumpster fire is already big enough with Cambage leaving. So does anybody know the real reason Sims was happy to join the Sparks? Don’t give me a “rumor has it”.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1088479599703482368

Quote:
Sources have confirmed that LA, Vegas, and New York are the teams currently involved in trade discussions with Dallas for Liz Cambage. A potential third team could be involved to make the trade work. #WNBAinsidr

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I recall Sims being very happy to be traded to the Sparks, even though she’s a Dallas native. So Sims returning to Dallas hinges on whatever made her unhappy to be at the Wings. If she had chemistry problems with Fred Williams and that was the sole reason she was happy to leave, then she’d be a great candidate to return to Dallas. If she had chemistry problems with Diggins or other important team members, then you risk having them upset with Sims returning. Does Dallas want to risk losing any other key players? The dumpster fire is already big enough with Cambage leaving. So does anybody know the real reason Sims was happy to join the Sparks? Don’t give me a “rumor has it”.

Shades you are asking a lot Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
Sources have confirmed that LA, Vegas, and New York are the teams currently involved in trade discussions with Dallas for Liz Cambage. A potential third team could be involved to make the trade work. #WNBAinsidr

Followed 28 minutes later by: https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/1088487026872197125
Quote:
I wasn’t an Econ major but creating appearance of sellers market is always a good thing when you’re trying to sell something.

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ogwumike + Sims + #5 to Minnesota
Moore + #20 to Dallas
Cambage + #18 to Los Angeles

I’m afraid Ogwumike might be replaced by Lavender in the above equation and that might be good enough for the not-so-good GM Reeve. Confused

Last edited by Shades on 01/24/19 1:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah lets just say IMO I doubt Sims would go back to Dallas but anywhere else maybe. For those players who are not playing overseas a max contract may be very tempting.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/24/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Moore + #20 to Dallas
Cambage + #17 to Los Angeles

I’m afraid Ogwumike might be replaced by Lavender in the above equation and that might be good enough with not-so-good GM Reeeve. Confused

Why does Maya have to go to every WNBA team except the Lynx? Can't we just get rid of Reeve instead? except the state of Minnesota has low standards, so maybe that's why Maya wants out. Crying or Very sad

Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya probably isn’t a viable trade piece until her situation is clarified.
What exactly does she want? If she just wants to take the season WNBA season off, and then the new CBA gets rid of coring entirely, then her rights are worthless. I have a feeling the Lynx will be voting against any CBA that completely removes coring. Reduce coring to two seasons, and Maya is still worth a gold mine.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Moore + #20 to Dallas

I’m afraid Ogwumike might be replaced by Lavender in the above equation and that might be good enough with not-so-good GM Reeeve. Confused

Why does Maya have to go to every WNBA team except the Lynx? Can't we just get rid of Reeve instead? except the state of Minnesota has low standards, so maybe that's why Maya wants out. Crying or Very sad

She probably wants to go to a team where the fans don't badmouth championship coaches

PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Followed 28 minutes later by: https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/1088487026872197125
Quote:
I wasn’t an Econ major but creating appearance of sellers market is always a good thing when you’re trying to sell something.

I don't see her going to New York for the simple fact she won't be happy playing in Westchester. Three team trades make things interesting. Still needs to involve a PG.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Moore + #20 to Dallas

I’m afraid Ogwumike might be replaced by Lavender in the above equation and that might be good enough with not-so-good GM Reeve. Confused

She probably wants to go to a team where the fans don't badmouth championship coaches

Maya doesn’t read this board.
Nobody ever badmouthed Cooper?

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Moore + #20 to Dallas

I’m afraid Ogwumike might be replaced by Lavender in the above equation and that might be good enough with not-so-good GM Reeve. Confused

Cooper didn't win championships for us

PostPosted: 01/24/19 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Moore + #20 to Dallas

Cooper didn't win championships for us

He’s still a championship coach.

Anyway, Junkie most likely isn’t talking about Reeve the coach. It’s Reeve the GM that’s under scrutiny. Is it possible for one to leave without the other? I don’t think you’d find too many Lynx fans who would be against splitting the job up again, but a green WNBA GM would probably be just as bad as Reeve. Jim Pete, come back as the Lynx GM, please! Save us from these Reeve bad decisions.

Reeve as a coach is kind of debatable. She didn’t mess up enough that a team with Maya and a good supporting cast couldn’t win less than half the championships in the last 8 years. But if the Lynx could trade Reeve for Collen, I wouldn’t be a bit nervous or unhappy. How about you? You just count the number of championships, right?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/24/19 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Liz Cambage’s trade request is the free agency drama the WNBA needs

Quote:
WNBA free agency tends to be stale because teams have CBA perks to keep superstars home. But Cambage’s request is lighting its own fire.

Interesting article. Thank you for sharing.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/24/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Maya probably isn’t a viable trade piece until her situation is clarified.
What exactly does she want? If she just wants to take the season WNBA season off, and then the new CBA gets rid of coring entirely, then her rights are worthless. I have a feeling the Lynx will be voting against any CBA that completely removes coring. Reduce coring to two seasons, and Maya is still worth a gold mine.

Maya must be apart !

PostPosted: 01/24/19 3:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but I honestly don't think we are going to the "bottom dwellers" who are terrible to root for as everyone is making it out to be. In fact, I will go out on a limb and claim we will actually be BETTER without Liz than with her, once all the moves have been finalized, and the draft has concluded, I whole heartedly believe this!!!

When the season starts and it all works out for us, just remember I said it would be so...😁😁😁

Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
In fact, I will go out on a limb and claim we will actually be BETTER without Liz than with her, once all the moves have been finalized, and the draft has concluded, I whole heartedly believe this!!

Then why are you disliking my trade ideas? As long as Cambage is gone, you should be happy. Cambage for Wiese, Samuelson, and #31 should even make you happy. Wink

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/19 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades,

I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but I honestly don't think we are going to the "bottom dwellers" who are terrible to root for as everyone is making it out to be. In fact, I will go out on a limb and claim we will actually be BETTER without Liz than with her, once all the moves have been finalized, and the draft has concluded, I whole heartedly believe this!!!

When the season starts and it all works out for us, just remember I said it would be so...😁😁😁

Remember that Diggins will be out at least part of the season and likely won't be 100% for any of it. This will be a transition year for Dallas.

PostPosted: 01/24/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
This will be a transition year for Dallas.

Transition from marginal playoff team to lottery team?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/24/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Same transition Minny will likely endure ...

PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Dallas could use a PG. Diggins can go to SG when she returns.

Chelsea Gray (Sparks would still have Sims)
Lavender (Nice salary dump for Sparks)
First round in 2020 (Likely a low pick)
—————————————————————
= Cambage

Sims/Wiese
Beard/Williams
Parker/Carson/Samuelson
Ogwumike/(#7 Anigwe)
Cambage/Vadeeva

#19, #31

New coach with Cambage they go big.
Ogwumike and Parker can flow between forward positions.
Use #19 to pick up what could be a viable PG.
Or pick up a PG in free agency.
Think about cutting Samuelson or Wiese to pick up a 5th post (Musina?)

CGray/Hill
AGray/
Thornton/Davis
GJohnson/Stevens
Lavender/Plaisance

#5, #17, #22, #29
Diggins-Smith when available

With D-S temp gone, it may be tempting to go
with Gunner at #5 but then it would be overkill when D-S comes back.
Maybe take Collier at #5 and have her backing Thornton and acting as 5th post.
You never know who might show up at #5. If a 6’7 player shows up, you gotta take them. If Durr shows up, maybe you take her and figure things out later.
Make do with Davis at SG, if you end up with Collier.
Draft another PG at #17.
If Plaisance beats out Lavender, so be it.
I think this is a better team than you might think. Much better ball movement/team play.

Assorted
Christmas
George
Romero
Lucas?

People have been underestimating Chelsea Gray's value throughout her career. Odyssey Sims is NOWHERE near to Chelsea. That drop off right there would knock LA right out of the championship run. #NonStarter

~rAf
Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see her going to New York for the simple fact she won't be happy playing in Westchester. Three team trades make things interesting. Still needs to involve a PG.

Cambage has already played in Westchester. Maybe she liked it. Maybe it reminded her of playing in the WNBL. Wink

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
I can't begin to imagine why LA would trade Nneka for Cambage. At best, I think they are a wash in terms of performance and contribution to a team (I'd rather have the former MVP who led her team to a championship).

But trading Nneka's consistency for who knows if Cambage will ever show up makes no sense at all to me.

Cambage is the best center in the world right now while Nneka isnt even the best power forward on her own team..Stewart, EDD, Parker, Charles are all better then her(Wilson is knocking on that door aswell). So calling them a wash in performance doesnt make sense IMO.
But i agree with you that its a big gamble if they would trade Nneka for Cambage without a guarantee that she will play every season..
But i think giving up Gray instead would be a worse..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Same transition Minny will likely endure ...

I have a lot to say about that, but I decided to refrain since this is a Wings thread. Smile

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I went back and gave you props after I thought about your proposal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 19 of 44

Jump to: