RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 10/18/18 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Then there was the time Brunson played pregnant in the finals.

https://sports.theonion.com/wnba-finals-dominated-by-minnesota-lynx-s-8-months-preg-1819575701

She should've been disqualified for not tucking in her uniform.

PostPosted: 10/18/18 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to mom and baby Digg

tfan

PostPosted: 10/19/18 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two 2018 Wings

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/19/18 4:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Diggins and her husband. Glad to know that this was the reason why she didnt play in the worlds

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bballgrl

PostPosted: 10/19/18 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.

How soon were those players back in games after giving birth?

Candace Parker gave birth in May of 2009. She returned to the court in early July of that year.

Swoopes was 1st to miss a season due to pregnancy then i believe the list would be (Feel free to add on)
Jia Perkins
Lisa Leslie
Candace Parker
Bria Hartley
Bria Holmes
Nikki Teasley
Tayler Hill
Tianna Hawkins
Mistie Bass
Dewanna Bonner
Glory Johnson
Margo Dydek (R.I.H.)
Marie Ferdinand-Harris

Im sure theres alot more these are the ones off the top of my head.

?? That should be "missed all or part of a season". Parker played 25 regular season games in 2009 after she gave birth on May 13th, and Swoopes played 9 regular season games in 1997 after she gave birth (it is reported that she rejoined the Comets 6 weeks after giving birth).

Jia Perkins also appeared in few games late in 2004 after giving birth in May of that year.

Note that Perkins played in college through the 4th month of her pregnancy.

I don't remember the exact time but Tina Thompson also came back early after having her son. Maybe someone can give us the time.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/19/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh yes dear god how could i forget Tina . I remember she gave birth in May 2005 and suited up for my beloved comets 2 months later in July. She still managed to average double figures that year at 10 PPG .

PostPosted: 10/22/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage has gone home to Australia from China to get treatment for tendinitis and bursitis of her left Achilles. These don’t sound like serious issues but I suppose she wants to be cautious considering her Achilles history.
https://scontent-sin6-2.cdninstagram.com/vp/a5f46ec83a147454003cf614eb98c2bd/5BD0BD1B/t50.2886-16/43935908_719067818451344_5564351172459888640_n.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/18 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage said her issues were with the left Achilles, so I did some detective work to see if it was the same Achilles as in 2014.

Here’s a picture of her leg in a cast from the prior Achilles procedure. Since the writing on the cast isn’t backwards, that means the picture isn’t flipped (which often happens with iPhones). That means her previous Achilles rupture happened on her right leg.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/17/18 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings will announce their new coach tomorrow

PostPosted: 12/17/18 12:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Wings will announce their new coach tomorrow

It’s gotta be Agler right? I heard he had a good seat at the Baylor-Stanford game. Already at work?

stever

PostPosted: 12/17/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.foxsports.com/womens-college-basketball/story/ap-sources-brian-agler-to-be-next-coach-of-dallas-wings-121718

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/17/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brian Agler should take the Wings to the next level... Idea

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/17/18 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like when the Mystics got Thibault, sometimes the glaringly obvious choice just presents itself, and all you have to do is not screw it up. The only problem is that if this squad ends up as essentially last year's minus Diggins-Smith and Cambage, even Agler might have trouble doing much with them. The defense will be better regardless, but they have to score somehow.

PostPosted: 12/17/18 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if any of the UFAs on LA would jump over to Dallas now. I also feel with Agler as coach, it's more likely for Cambage to show up.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/17/18 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder if any of the UFAs on LA would jump over to Dallas now. I also feel with Agler as coach, it's more likely for Cambage to show up.

Cambage has to have a vision of a future WNBA that will pay her a better salary than what they done in the past. If the players cannot work out a better deal with the new CBA that will allow the superstar players to get paid a lot better than the current maximum of the current CBA then Cambage might wave goodbye to the WNBA.

PostPosted: 12/18/18 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Bibb said that he interviewed between 9-10 candidates. High Post Hoops has learned that four of them were Agler, Wings interim coach Taj McWilliams-Franklin, Mystics assistant Eric Thibault and former Xavier and Vanderbilt coach Melanie Balcomb.

Quote:
Bibb also revealed that Erin Phillips has been retained as an assistant coach. But after interviewing so many, the decision to go with Agler happened fast, according to Bibb, especially after McWilliams-Franklin took herself out of consideration to take a job with the NBA Basketball Operations Associates program.

https://highposthoops.com/2018/12/18/brian-agler-landed-dallas-wings-job-inside-story/

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/18/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
Bibb also revealed that Erin Phillips has been retained as an assistant coach. But after interviewing so many, the decision to go with Agler happened fast, according to Bibb, especially after McWilliams-Franklin took herself out of consideration to take a job with the NBA Basketball Operations Associates program.

https://highposthoops.com/2018/12/18/brian-agler-landed-dallas-wings-job-inside-story/

Retaining Phillips is likely a key to bringing Cambage back.

Dallas will need a PG. Diggins played over 34 mpg last year, far and away the most MPG of any player in the league. There was no true backup PG . Being able to sign or draft someone who can play right away and keep Liz happy will be of incredible importance to Agler's success in his first year in Dallas. Because of Cambage sits out in 2019, would she really return in 2020, with the Olympics that year?

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Dallas will need a PG. Diggins played over 34 mpg last year, far and away the most MPG of any player in the league. There was no true backup PG . Being able to sign or draft someone who can play right away and keep Liz happy will be of incredible importance to Agler's success in his first year in Dallas. Because of Cambage sits out in 2019, would she really return in 2020, with the Olympics that year?

MoJeff for K. Davis? I could see both teams willing to do that.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Sounds like a really good deal for Dallas

PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Outside of being taller is there a single thing Davis is better at than Jefferson? I'd rather keep Jefferson as a backup if that's the return for cashing her in.

PostPosted: 12/18/18 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn....No more PP's for a while right?

Rigghhht? Cool

PostPosted: 12/18/18 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler's two big priorities are 1.) Get Cambage to return 2.) Find a starting PG to replace Diggins for the season. (Even when Diggins returns, I wonder if she'll just come off the bench.)

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 12/18/18 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Rigghhht? Cool

I don't know whether I should be outraged or thrilled knowing that the biggest joke of a franchise in the WNBA is now just the Minnesota Lynx instead of it being a close tie between the Lynx and the Dallas Wings! 😵

Randy

PostPosted: 12/18/18 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Rigghhht? Cool

No more screwing off on defense. No more ignoring the scouting report. No more shoot when you feel like it. No more phoning it in on game day. No more taking selfies with fans during timeouts. (Ok - hyperbole) Smile

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/18/18 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie,

Why exactly are we the biggest joke of a franchise in the WNBA?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 9 of 44

Jump to: