RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx wrote:
Diggins-Smith is expecting her first baby!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDFYEeBbRc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1cmu65lzbk8dp


Ugh i was hoping this was not true when USA selections came out . On the bright side Congrats Diggy & Baby Diggy & Daniel ! Welcome to our #WFFL



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17685



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins missing all of 2019 likely now. Gives Cambage another excuse to sit out. Who'll be there starting PG now?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FemmeFatale



Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 293



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Diggins missing all of 2019 likely now. Gives Cambage another excuse to sit out. Who'll be there starting PG now?


They're probably gonna waste another draft pick trying to replace her for the season. I'm really curious as to how they perform without her considering that she is often the blame for how terrible the team is season after season.

Wings fans are gonna be in for one helluva ride:
New coach
Liz is a question mark
No Diggins

I'm predicting a Tulsa Shock like season unless one of those young players emerge as a star.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49471



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m guessing at a due date in March or April, so I suppose she could still play. Just a guess tho.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m guessing at a due date in March or April, so I suppose she could still play. Just a guess tho.


The latest would be mid-May, so she could be back for the second half of the season



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

I don't know about you, but I feel the upcoming season will be the worst since the team came to the Metroplex in 2016, not only do we need a point guard and a center in the upcoming draft, we now need a shooting guard as well....I also think this may be the beginning of the end of Skylar's basketball career, I see her moving on to the next chapter of her life, now that she is not only a wife but a mother! I say that by taking into account she has been one of the more outspoken opponents of the issues facing the league. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut feeling tells me otherwise!!


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You are 100% on point, then add to that having one of the worst GM's in the league!!! I wish I would have seen this coming before I bought my season tickets for the upcoming season😤😤😤


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49471



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Brinx



Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 839
Location: CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

I don't know about you, but I feel the upcoming season will be the worst since the team came to the Metroplex in 2016, not only do we need a point guard and a center in the upcoming draft, we now need a shooting guard as well....I also think this may be the beginning of the end of Skylar's basketball career, I see her moving on to the next chapter of her life, now that she is not only a wife but a mother! I say that by taking into account she has been one of the more outspoken opponents of the issues facing the league. I hope I'm wrong, but my gut feeling tells me otherwise!!


I can see the team struggling without Skylar, but I do think she'll be back. She has great work ethic, and given how hard she worked after struggling her rookie season as well as after her knee injury, it makes me believe that she will put in that same effort to return to the court after her little one arrives.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6851



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.


How soon were those players back in games after giving birth?




Last edited by tfan on 10/17/18 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8655



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’m guessing at a due date in March or April, so I suppose she could still play. Just a guess tho.



Maybe we should have a poll - when will Skylar's baby be born?

Smile


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

You're right about that, but it was something about the last interview she gave too the local media after the season was over after Liz stated she may not return to the league, Skylar seemed as if she wanted to say there is no point in continuing this fight, then weeks later she aires her frustration with the league in a separate interview. I hope I'm reading to much into it all, but my gut feeling tells me there's more to this story!!!


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bronx,

I hope you're right!!!


DFWub2018



Joined: 24 Aug 2018
Posts: 33
Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brinx


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
I’m guessing at a due date in March or April, so I suppose she could still play. Just a guess tho.



Maybe we should have a poll - when will Skylar's baby be born?

Smile


We haven't done a baby pool in a long time. I think Niele Ivey was the last one,



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17685



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wings still need a PG badly now. What free agent PGs could they acquire?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Diggins missing all of 2019 likely now. Gives Cambage another excuse to sit out. Who'll be there starting PG now?


They're probably gonna waste another draft pick trying to replace her for the season. I'm really curious as to how they perform without her considering that she is often the blame for how terrible the team is season after season.

Wings fans are gonna be in for one helluva ride:
New coach
Liz is a question mark
No Diggins

I'm predicting a Tulsa Shock like season unless one of those young players emerge as a star.


By Whom ? It was obvious why we were bad season after season and it had nothing to do with Diggins-Smith. We took care of that 3/4's into this past season . Embarassed



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49471



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys can have Dallas native Alexis Jones + #16 pick for the #5 pick.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You guys can have Dallas native Alexis Jones + #16 pick for the #5 pick.



Transaction Declined . Not sure why everyone is in such a fret . So she misses 1/2 of the season not like we were going to win a ship next season anyway. I say tank 1 season were already 1 spot away from being lottery anyway. Ultimate scenario would be my dream of _______________ Yes Time for that talk again WFFL's Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4726



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So first off congrats to Diggins-Smith and best wishes.

Second she will clearly be in consideration for that Olympic PG spot if she wants it and returns 2020 is far enough away from her due date to get it back together.

Third I don't think Dallas is that bad off they can do a kind of rebuild/tank ala PX pre Griner let Diggins-Smith and Cambage miss the season, develop Stevens, Gray, Davis, Thorton and the #5 pick, get another lottery pick in 2020 get Diggins-Smith and Cambage back in 2020 (maybe Liz can be convinced that playing in the W is the best way to elevate her game for the Olympics) and The Wings will be serious contenders in 2020 for the ship as Minny, LA and even PX possibly age out of their window, leaving only Seattle (with a 40 year old Bird) and the unexpected contenders (Maybe Washington or LV) to stop them.

That or the combination of a good coach, a less star driven team and the right trade of the #5 pick for a young up and coming/close to star player and The Wings can hang around and maybe make some noise in the playoffs in 2019.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.


How soon were those players back in games after giving birth?


Candace Parker gave birth in May of 2009. She returned to the court in early July of that year.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.


How soon were those players back in games after giving birth?


Candace Parker gave birth in May of 2009. She returned to the court in early July of that year.



Swoopes was 1st to miss a season due to pregnancy then i believe the list would be (Feel free to add on)
Jia Perkins
Lisa Leslie
Candace Parker
Bria Hartley
Bria Holmes
Nikki Teasley
Tayler Hill
Tianna Hawkins
Mistie Bass
Dewanna Bonner
Glory Johnson
Margo Dydek (R.I.H.)
Marie Ferdinand-Harris

Im sure theres alot more these are the ones off the top of my head.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6851



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/17/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.


How soon were those players back in games after giving birth?


Candace Parker gave birth in May of 2009. She returned to the court in early July of that year.



Swoopes was 1st to miss a season due to pregnancy then i believe the list would be (Feel free to add on)
Jia Perkins
Lisa Leslie
Candace Parker
Bria Hartley
Bria Holmes
Nikki Teasley
Tayler Hill
Tianna Hawkins
Mistie Bass
Dewanna Bonner
Glory Johnson
Margo Dydek (R.I.H.)
Marie Ferdinand-Harris

Im sure theres alot more these are the ones off the top of my head.


?? That should be "missed all or part of a season". Parker played 25 regular season games in 2009 after she gave birth on May 13th, and Swoopes played 9 regular season games in 1997 after she gave birth (it is reported that she rejoined the Comets 6 weeks after giving birth).


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57581
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/18/18 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
There are many mothers that keep on playing. Johnson and Hill are two examples on the Wings. Bonner on the Mercury. Hawkins on the Mystics. All are recent mothers.


How soon were those players back in games after giving birth?


Candace Parker gave birth in May of 2009. She returned to the court in early July of that year.



Swoopes was 1st to miss a season due to pregnancy then i believe the list would be (Feel free to add on)
Jia Perkins
Lisa Leslie
Candace Parker
Bria Hartley
Bria Holmes
Nikki Teasley
Tayler Hill
Tianna Hawkins
Mistie Bass
Dewanna Bonner
Glory Johnson
Margo Dydek (R.I.H.)
Marie Ferdinand-Harris

Im sure theres alot more these are the ones off the top of my head.


?? That should be "missed all or part of a season". Parker played 25 regular season games in 2009 after she gave birth on May 13th, and Swoopes played 9 regular season games in 1997 after she gave birth (it is reported that she rejoined the Comets 6 weeks after giving birth).


Jia Perkins also appeared in few games late in 2004 after giving birth in May of that year.

Note that Perkins played in college through the 4th month of her pregnancy.



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8655



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/18/18 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then there was the time Brunson played pregnant in the finals.

https://sports.theonion.com/wnba-finals-dominated-by-minnesota-lynx-s-8-months-preg-1819575701


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin