Mojo wrote:
Shades wrote:

Next season
Jefferson/Ogunbowale
Diggins/Gray/Hill
Thornton/Burke
Johnson/Stevens/Plaisance
IMS/Harrison

Johnson and Diggins’ contracts expire at the same time, so get an extension from at least one of them.

Agreeing with who is likely on the bubble this year, but your next year's prediction, two 1st round picks to consider

Wow, some people have higher expectations from me.

Of course there’s likely to be some kind of turnover in next year’s roster. Impossible to predict at this time. I was mostly demonstrating how the Jefferson-Diggins situation plays out in my mind given that nothing too drastic happens.

Like I said, both Diggins and Johnson will need new contracts. Can only lock up one of them under current CBA rules. Assuming similar rules, I’ll guess Diggins won’t need to be locked up. Lock up Johnson and trade her if need be or keep her.

Plaisance and Hill are prime trade candidates unless they are amazing this year. Maybe IMS turns out to be a dud. Not a lot lost if she does. She’ll also need a new contract. Need to see how well Davis and Burke do this season.

Thorough enough?

Dallas is my home team, so thorough is much appreciated.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/17/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jefferson is questionable to play this season. No clue who might be their starting center. This is clearly a lottery team. Agler should be thankful he got something for Cambage. Harrison may end up being their best player out of the deal.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/17/19 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes toad , Agler is very grateful. Harrison is better than most expect. Jefferson if ever back to form could be the floor general we need to move sky over to the 2. Alot of people grading dallas an F in the trade but i see it as an A plus. We got 2 quality players for a player that shows up 30% of the time and barring injury to that other team we may add 2 quality 1st rounders next year as well. Im satisfied queen cabbage has been expired. Plus while your giving your predicition about dallas what do you feel about NY? Clearly a lottery team as well right? Confused Laughing

PostPosted: 05/17/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Yes toad , Agler is very grateful. Harrison is better than most expect. Jefferson if ever back to form could be the floor general we need to move sky over to the 2. Alot of people grading dallas an F in the trade but i see it as an A plus. We got 2 quality players for a player that shows up 30% of the time and barring injury to that other team we may add 2 quality 1st rounders next year as well. Im satisfied queen cabbage has been expired. Plus while your giving your predicition about dallas what do you feel about NY? Clearly a lottery team as well right? Confused Laughing

I will 100% admit that the Liberty are a lottery team. #Tank4Ionescu

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 05/17/19 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I hope they end up with 2 lottery picks 🤞🏿🤞🏿

Love The Aces but that would be great for the league 🤷🏿‍♂️ #Ionescu&Cox2020

PostPosted: 05/17/19 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#Suck4CoxAllSummer19

PostPosted: 05/18/19 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#Suck4CoxAllSummer19

Access Denied! You do not have permission to suck worse than the Sky for Cox! Laughing

PostPosted: 05/18/19 5:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Rock Hard"]
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#Suck4CoxAllSummer19

It's high time for the Sky to give up Diamond for one or two of our superfluous posts and some draft picks. We need a solid wing to take over for Alana when she finally retires. What do you say? Razz

PostPosted: 05/18/19 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="jap"]
Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

#Suck4CoxAllSummer19

It's high time for the Sky to give up Diamond for one or two of our superfluous posts and some draft picks. We need a solid wing to take over for Alana when she finally retires. What do you say? Razz

Keep wishing on a star, keep wishing on dream!

PostPosted: 05/19/19 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

George and Seekamp waived:
https://wings.wnba.com/news/wings-wave-cayla-george-and-nicole-seekamp/

- Amanda Gorman
RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/19/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Erin Phillips the next one to want out of Dallas ?

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Phillips should go. Everyone knows she was only hired because she is friends with Cambage. Losing Erin would not be a huge loss.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amber Stokes has been at several practices, maybe there are plans already in the making to give her Erin's job!

zune69

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Amber Stokes has been at several practices, maybe there are plans already in the making to give her Erin's job!

Makes sense... Stocks was an asst coach under Agler when he coached in LA.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
Is Erin Phillips the next one to want out of Dallas ?

I wonder if she was hired by Agler or if Bibb told him to keep her on. Working for someone who didn't hire you is often problematic. She turned down a chance to interview for the Wings head coaching job because it would have kept her from playing Rugby (or a similar sport) in Australia.

She has had a house in McKinney Texas, which is 33 miles from Dallas (something about being a good location for direct flights from Australia), since before she played for the Wings, although it seems like it was like a vacation house for her prior to playing for the Wings in 2016.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/19/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Phillips lives in the DFW area with her spouse and twins. She is in no hurry to leave. Why are so many in a hurry to have her exit the Wings? She was tough as nails on the court. A hard worker and extremely personable with the fans. She should be given a fair chance now that she can actually be on the bench coaching.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was making the comment after the last two Australian players left the Wings.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

It’s not necessarily your statement driving this discussion. She frequently is given credit for a position only relating to Liz. But I feel the truth is she loves basketball, the WNBA, she lives here with her family and did so prior to there being a team in dallas. She worked on getting traded to the Wings from LA about as soon as it was announced the team was moving here. She was the first player/coach to be seen at the very first Wings season ticket holder event. And at that time she already appeared suited for a management position in the way she handled everything from players, to coaches, to fans, to staff.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

This season
Ogunbowale/(Diggins... until 💯)
Gray/Hill/Davis (Hill and Davis back up PG when needed)
Thornton/Burke
IMS/Harrison

Full season suspension for Jefferson if she doesn’t want to play?
If she wants to play, boot one of Davis or Burke.

The addition of IMS probably means they’re not seeing it in the near future for Gustafson.

Next season
Jefferson/Ogunbowale
Diggins/Gray/Hill
Thornton/Burke
IMS/Harrison

Johnson and Diggins’ contracts expire at the same time, so get an extension from at least one of them.

My projection is looking good!

The top roster costs $893,400
Any chance they give Jefferson a free ride if she sits?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tfan

PostPosted: 05/20/19 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Regarding the notion that Erin Phillips was only hired because she was friends with Cambage, she wasn't the first player to retire and become a coach (including the 4th coach position that has to have a different title) with the same team (2016 player -> 2017 coach). Katie Smith did that in New York (2013 -> 2014) as did Penny Taylor in Phoenix (2016 -> 2017, 4th coach) Vickie Johnson played in 2009 in San Antonio and was an assistant in 2011. I don't know if she had any position with the team in 2010. Seems like there are others, but maybe I am thinking about players who did that in college.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/20/19 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

George & Seekamp waived.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 05/20/19 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:

It’s not necessarily your statement driving this discussion. She frequently is given credit for a position only relating to Liz. But I feel the truth is she loves basketball, the WNBA, she lives here with her family and did so prior to there being a team in dallas. She worked on getting traded to the Wings from LA about as soon as it was announced the team was moving here. She was the first player/coach to be seen at the very first Wings season ticket holder event. And at that time she already appeared suited for a management position in the way she handled everything from players, to coaches, to fans, to staff.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/20/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan,

Her home in McKinney has never been a vacation home, she spends more time there than she does back in Australia because some of her closest family members also live in the area.

Qantas flies the A380 non-stop from Dallas to Sydney, is what she was referring too.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/20/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Erin Phillips lives in the DFW area with her spouse and twins. She is in no hurry to leave. Why are so many in a hurry to have her exit the Wings? She was tough as nails on the court. A hard worker and extremely personable with the fans. She should be given a fair chance now that she can actually be on the bench coaching.

Agler is a defensive minded coach and demands 100% from his players. Erin was exactly the kind of player that he likes. So i dont expect her to go anywhere

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 05/20/19 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Phillips retired she said nothing about coaching in the WNBA...I wonder what changed?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2017/05/14/former-dallas-wings-guard-erin-phillips-announces-retirement-wnba

Quote:
Former Dallas Wings guard Erin Phillips announced her retirement from the WNBA in an article with AdelaideNow.com. Phillips was waived by the Wings last week and cleared waivers without being picked up by a new team.

In the article, Phillips says she plans to spend more time with her family in McKinney and possibly continue her Australian football career.

People are allowed to change their future plans. However, I don't think it was a coincidence that when Cambage was thinking about making a return to the league, Phillips was hired as the "Director of player and franchise development" ...Then just 5 months later in October....B.Pettis (asst coach) announces her retirement and Phillips takes her spot as the asst coach...What's so funny is that Pettis' retirement only lasted 1 season. She's now an asst coach for the Chicago Sky...I think Pettis was forced out to make room for Phillips.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 37 of 44

Jump to: