RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meeting with a player is smart. It should be standard procedure, sort of like a job interview. That way they can cut through all the social media bs and keep everything real.

Vegas meeting with Cambage would be smart too. But since it’s a long long flight, maybe use FaceTime or some other form of video networking.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage is willing and ready to play for Vegas(via several tweets). I'm sure her agent has relayed this. Also, Vegas seems like her only option at this point.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Meeting with a player is smart. It should be standard procedure, sort of like a job interview. That way they can cut through all the social media bs and keep everything real.

Vegas meeting with Cambage would be smart too. But since it’s a long long flight, maybe use FaceTime or some other form of video networking.

Her intentions to sit out became public after news of the deal being finalized broke. That should tell the Wings all they need to know. Even if the timing was purely coincidental, why even take her on if she’s already having to miss time because of fatigue and prior injuries?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Cambage is willing and ready to play for Vegas(via several tweets). I'm sure her agent has relayed this. Also, Vegas seems like her only option at this point.

How long is she willing to play at Vegas? What do your sacred tweets say about that?

I’m sure Jefferson has an agent. Sometimes it’s best to cut out the middlemen and just have an honest heart-to-heart.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awww crap. Spoke to soon. Here's hoping...
#byecambage
toad455

PostPosted: 05/15/19 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

How long is she willing to play at Vegas? What do your sacred tweets say about that?

I’m sure Jefferson has an agent. Sometimes it’s best to cut out the middlemen and just have an honest heart-to-heart.

I'm guessing you don't use Twitter. Sadly this is the best source to find out WNBA news and where most WNBA reporters post breaking news.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Having to meet with a player to convince them to play for your team this season doesn’t sound like something you should be trading for.

Smells of desperation. Maybe they offer Jefferson a max deal when she's a free agent?

Whooooo ? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 05/15/19 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
I would make her sit.

The Wings lose absolutely nothing by doing that. Shopping trades for a known flaky player whose trade value is almost non-existent doesn't make sense.

Taking on the contracts of one injury prone guard and one fringe player to add to your team stacked with fringe players, all while giving your competition a huge advantage for a season also, doesn't make sense.

Let her pout and toss around her mental health issues every time something doesn't go her way, but most importantly, let her sit.

Amen! #LetHerSit

I swear ive seen her cry more in 12 months than ive seen my newborn nephew in 2 years. #ByeLiz #ByeWig

PostPosted: 05/15/19 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doug Feinberg @DougFeinberg

Quote:
Is there more drama with who will sit on iron throne or whether the cambage deal is “finalizing” or not close to finalizing?

https://twitter.com/DougFeinberg/status/1128165647706394626

tfan

PostPosted: 05/15/19 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1128679191518633984

Quote:
According to a source, a key to Liz Cambage trade now is with Dallas meeting with Moriah Jefferson. Cambage is willing to go to Las Vegas.

Quote:
Aneela @WHoopsBlogger
Replying to @MechelleV
I'm confused. Isn't Jefferson rumored on not playing at all this season?

Quote:
Mechelle Voepel @MechelleV
Yes, but that's apparently what Dallas is talking to her about.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 05/15/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/MechelleV/status/1128679191518633984

Quote:
According to a source, a key to Liz Cambage trade now is with Dallas meeting with Moriah Jefferson. Cambage is willing to go to Las Vegas.

Quote:
Aneela @WHoopsBlogger
Replying to @MechelleV
I'm confused. Isn't Jefferson rumored on not playing at all this season?

Quote:
Mechelle Voepel @MechelleV
Yes, but that's apparently what Dallas is talking to her about.

Why isnt Jefferson playing this season? Is she injured again? Or just doesnt want to play in Dallas? Isn't she fron Texas?

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some people hate their hometown and can hardly wait to get away. As The Boss would say, "Baby, we were born to run!"

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wheres Azure? Is she still overseas? I haven't seen anything mentioned about her.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/15/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Wheres Azure? Is she still overseas? I haven't seen anything mentioned about her.

Shes here, last i heard she had a minor injury.

PostPosted: 05/15/19 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You never know what someone else is thinking

From our point of view Dallas seems like a great fit for Jefferson, (better than Vegas with a coach known to not like small guards whose draft pick this year would put Jefferson even further back in the depth chart) she could even start in Dallas at least until Diggins-Smith is back and tbh I could see Diggins-Smith playing off the ball with Jefferson at the 1, so possible starting spot, more minutes than in Vegas even if she is coming off the bench eventually, and a coach in Agler who I would think would like her pesky defense, 3 ball and more of a true PG mentality which he seems to appreciate.

So maybe they are trying to sell her on their vision or find out if they sent her to a 3rd team if that would make a difference in regard to her sitting out.

I've already suggested NY as a landing spot if Dallas needs a PG we have Boyd or Hartley, Seattle has always seemed like a fit for MoJeff to me (reunite with Stewart and the coach that drafted Jefferson) they could give Dallas Canada and a 2nd round pick. Conn? Clarendon would fit with Agler IMO. (just thinking out loud don't get too caught up in the 3rd party trade idea).

jap

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hollywood Liz: "Damn it!!! You guys were supposed to make a deal for me with LA. What the hell am I suppose to do with all my Purple & Gold accessories now!?! Can't you guys do ANYTHING right!?!"

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If NY is going to provide the PG, why not just do the whole trade? Given that a defensive coach like Agler is willing to take Harrison and Jefferson, then why not Stokes and Boyd? (Post-trade, the 1st Round picks are roughly equal.) Liz and her mother loved NYC when they were here for the draft. And NY has more music, fashion, and art activity than Las Vegas. The arena sucks this year, but Tsai's working on it. Seems like a viable option to me.

PostPosted: 05/15/19 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Hollywood Liz: "Damn it!!! You guys were supposed to make a deal for me with LA. What the hell am I suppose to do with all my Purple & Gold accessories now!?! Can't you guys do ANYTHING right!?!"

sell them to Chiney Idea

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 05/16/19 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:

Why isn't Jefferson playing this season? Is she injured again? Or just doesn't want to play in Dallas? Isn't she from Texas?

One day (I think Monday) it was reported that Cambage was being traded to Las Vegas for Isabelle Harrison, Moriah Jefferson, and a draft pick. The next day it was said the trade is off because Jefferson was taking the season off to rest and recover. The timing seemed to suggest she was in camp and didn't want to be traded to Dallas, but I saw a tweet that said she hadn't been seen in Las Vegas up to that point. So it could be that she had told Las Vegas she was sitting out and they didn't announce it prior to this trade proposal.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/16/19 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

Why isn't Jefferson playing this season? Is she injured again? Or just doesn't want to play in Dallas? Isn't she from Texas?

One day (I think Monday) it was reported that Cambage was being traded to Las Vegas for Isabelle Harrison, Moriah Jefferson, and a draft pick. The next day it was said the trade is off because Jefferson was taking the season off to rest and recover. The timing seemed to suggest she was in camp and didn't want to be traded to Dallas, but I saw a tweet that said she hadn't been seen in Las Vegas up to that point. So it could be that she had told Las Vegas she was sitting out and they didn't announce it prior to this trade proposal.

The fact that she is not in Vegas is an interesting plot twist. Maybe she realized she was going to be a deep bench player in Vegas and thought it might be better to rest, and now Dallas is trying to convince her she will have a bigger role and it is worth it to not sit out.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/16/19 2:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
If NY is going to provide the PG, why not just do the whole trade? Given that a defensive coach like Agler is willing to take Harrison and Jefferson, then why not Stokes and Boyd? (Post-trade, the 1st Round picks are roughly equal.) Liz and her mother loved NYC when they were here for the draft. And NY has more music, fashion, and art activity than Las Vegas. The arena sucks this year, but Tsai's working on it. Seems like a viable option to me.

I would do it, not sure Dallas would.

You can argue that Boyd is better than Jefferson and that Stokes has started more than Harrison, and that NY's pick would probably be better than the Vegas pick (Vegas with Cambage, Wilson, McBride and Plum is probably 4/5 in the league, NY with Cambage. Charles, Nurse and hopefully a useful Durr is closer to 7/8 maybe still ends up in the lottery so the pick should be better. Though after years of double and triple teams Charles would probably feel reborn as the #2 option in the post and it would be enough to be a lower playoff team) but still when I read it I feel like the Vegas deal is more appealing than the NY deal.

Hartley/Durr/Nurse/Charles/Cambage
Bias/Wright/Johannes/Allen/NRE/Zahui B/Han
like it

Boyd/Gray/Stevens/Johnson/Plaisance
(Diggins-Smith)/Burke/Hill/Davis/Thorton/Gustafson/George/Stokes
We would really have to sell them on the value of the pick to make it seem ok

vs
Jefferson/Gray/Stevens/Johnson/Harrison
(Diggins-Smith)/Burke/Davis/Hill/Thorton/Gustafson/George/Plaisance

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spoon i like your idea , but i think its more of would "Liz" do it .

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
jap wrote:

sell them to Chiney Idea

Liz: " Are you kidding? Little Chiney would be buried in my clothes. She may be a big girl to the rest of you Munchkins, but I am a whole lot bigger!!!"

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I would do it, not sure Dallas would.

You can argue that Boyd is better than Jefferson and that Stokes has started more than Harrison, and that NY's pick would probably be better than the Vegas pick (Vegas with Cambage, Wilson, McBride and Plum is probably 4/5 in the league, NY with Cambage. Charles, Nurse and hopefully a useful Durr is closer to 7/8 maybe still ends up in the lottery so the pick should be better. Though after years of double and triple teams Charles would probably feel reborn as the #2 option in the post and it would be enough to be a lower playoff team) but still when I read it I feel like the Vegas deal is more appealing than the NY deal.

Hartley/Durr/Nurse/Charles/Cambage
Bias/Wright/Johannes/Allen/NRE/Zahui B/Han
like it

Boyd/Gray/Stevens/Johnson/Plaisance
(Diggins-Smith)/Burke/Hill/Davis/Thorton/Gustafson/George/Stokes
We would really have to sell them on the value of the pick to make it seem ok

vs
Jefferson/Gray/Stevens/Johnson/Harrison
(Diggins-Smith)/Burke/Davis/Hill/Thorton/Gustafson/George/Plaisance

That's because like most fans you prefer offense. Agler emphasizes defense first. You also love Jefferson and keep expecting her to return to the player she was before injuries. Maybe, maybe not. Moriah has a slight frame so she really needs to be fast and athletic to succeed. She hasn't looked as explosive since returning. Anyway, I'm more than willing to substitute Zahui and/or Hartley. In fact, we can throw in anyone not named Charles or Nurse. Tsai would probably take Han off the table because of marketing opportunities. But that still leaves Durr. Dallas doesn't need Asia because they have Ogunbowale. However, Durr can probably be flipped as part of a three-way trade.

As far as Liz wanting to do the deal, at this point I don't think she cares about destination. She wanted LA, and everywhere else is non-LA. Her motivation now is simply the Adidas contract. I believe if Cambage really thinks about it, she'll realize that NY provides more outside opportunities for her than Las Vegas. Whether Liz can take advantage of those opportunites is up to her. She'll be more of a small fish in New York than in Las Vegas.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/aces-wnba/aces-trade-for-wnba-all-star-center-liz-cambage-1664675/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 34 of 44

Jump to: