View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojo

PostPosted: 08/31/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Hiring Stocks wouldn't be a bad idea....I believe her biggest issue in Chicago were the decisions she made as GM...Selecting Gabby > Stevens when you already had multiple SF's and a great need for a PF was just asinine......I think Stocks would do a great job as just the HC.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

She wasnt that bad , but her platoon subbing for pretty much 3/4 of the season was very mind boggling.

Stocks caused her own problems by drafting Gabby over Stevens. This left a huge offensive and defensive hole in the starting lineup...Stocks mass substituting her players was also a failure...But to her credit, Stocks tried to make the adjustment by starting Parker. She even reduced Gabby's minutes, but to no avail........However, Stocks IMO is exactly what Dallas needs. A no-nonsense Head Coach who holds all of her players accountable...A Head Coach with a proven offensive system...Despite trading EDD. The Sky are still one of the better offensive teams...Stocks would definitely do a better job than Coach Williams of incorporating the Wings roleplayers into the offense.

Our defense is horrible , she coached the worst defensive team in the league . Not sure she is the answer disciplined or not . We might as well keep mama taj. Im still shooting for Eric Thibault or Coop . Preferably Thibault he could be the next Coach Collen !

Of course Chicago had the worst defense.

Cambage/Johnson > Dolson/Gabby at the 4/5

I support the hiring of Cooper or E Thibault or someone who emphasizes defense and can get the best out of the players, like Collen has with Atlanta.

UK1996

PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hear Vickie Johnson is looking for a job.

PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:

Who fu*k what? Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:

She has a job, unless something happened recently.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How are we feeling about Allisha Gray? Getting a Worlds camp invite is an obvious Staley pitch for future recruits but should she be shopped this offseason as well? She declined the most with the addition of Liz. I had a vision of 3 headed monsters with her Digg and Liz but she faded out pretty quickly. WFFL where we at with this?

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
How are we feeling about Allisha Gray? Getting a Worlds camp invite is an obvious Staley pitch for future recruits but should she be shopped this offseason as well? She declined the most with the addition of Liz. I had a vision of 3 headed monsters with her Digg and Liz but she faded out pretty quickly. WFFL where we at with this?

Who are you looking to get for her? Who's starting at 2 if you trade her?

zune69

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Gray retaining her job as the starting SG should be the last option.

A)Draft Durr or Ogunbowale...I would take KLS > Ogunbowale.

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

C)Trade/Sign a PG...then move Diggins to SG.

D)Give Gray another year to develop.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can we even call this a decline? It just looks like her offensive role was severely reduced this season... Went from 11.6 FGA per game to 7.3

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

I like option D. Tell her to focus on her 3pt shooting over the winter. If she can get into 35% territory by next season she's definitely a keeper imo.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

Laughing Ogunbowale? How is that any different than having Powers? Both are ball dominating players with suspect defense. Then she is about 5’8, which is undersized for a SG. So in that instance, Gray would be the better choice by far. By #5, if Durr and KLS are gone, Dallas would be better off taking Collier or even Cunningham (both are at least 6’, and are high IQ players). Cunningham is a phenomenal shooter, and Collier has shown some perimeter ability. Or Dallas could trade down all together.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

Laughing Ogunbowale? How is that any different than having Powers? Both are ball dominating players with suspect defense. Then she is about 5’8, which is undersized for a SG. If Durr and KLS are gone, Dallas would be better off taking Collier or even Cunningham (both are at least 6’, and are high IQ players). Or maybe trading down all together.

Let's see how the season plays out....Most people were anti Vivians after her Junior season.Vivians matured,increased her BB I.Q and shot slection her final season at Miss ST......I'm not big on a Ogunbowale/Diggins backcourt...but beggars can't be choosers.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/02/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

Laughing Ogunbowale? How is that any different than having Powers? Both are ball dominating players with suspect defense. Then she is about 5’8, which is undersized for a SG. If Durr and KLS are gone, Dallas would be better off taking Collier or even Cunningham (both are at least 6’, and are high IQ players). Or maybe trading down all together.

Let's see how the season plays out....Most people were anti Vivians after her Junior season.Vivians matured,increased her BB I.Q and shot slection her final season at Miss ST......I'm not big on a Ogunbowale/Diggins backcourt...but beggars can't be choosers.

Yes, but there are also some key differences between Vivians and Ogunbowale. Vivians is at least 5 inches taller, which means she’s always had the versatility to play multiple positions. She’s also always had range outside the gym, something Arike doesn’t quite have. It’s also important to remember why Vivians’ shooting percentages improved. Her senior season Vic moved her to the 4, so she would be able to exploit mismatches against bigger and often slower players. Of course, her shot selection improved. However, a lot of it still had to do with the different types of looks she was getting when compared to previous seasons.

All in all, I think Ogunbowale is a poor fit for Dallas. Imo, they need to focus on getting a high IQ player than can facilitate and excel in catch and shoot situations. You don’t want to bring in a player that would take shots away from Skylar and potentially Cambage. Plus, Dallas has enough slashers as is.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/02/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Who are you looking to get for her? Who's starting at 2 if you trade her?

Havent thought that far yet i just wonder what type of value she'd garner .

PostPosted: 09/02/18 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

Dont give it away! Laughing You know i was secretly speaking to you and mojo directly #WFFL Cool

PostPosted: 09/02/18 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Dont give it away! Laughing You know i was secretly speaking to you and mojo directly #WFFL Cool

I was already able to deduce it. Smile

zune69

PostPosted: 09/02/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Wink

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/02/18 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

Yes, but there are also some key differences between Vivians and Ogunbowale. Vivians is at least 5 inches taller, which means she’s always had the versatility to play multiple positions. She’s also always had range outside the gym, something Arike doesn’t quite have. It’s also important to remember why Vivians’ shooting percentages improved. Her senior season Vic moved her to the 4, so she would be able to exploit mismatches against bigger and often slower players. Of course, her shot selection improved. However, a lot of it still had to do with the different types of looks she was getting when compared to previous seasons.

All in all, I think Ogunbowale is a poor fit for Dallas. Imo, they need to focus on getting a high IQ player than can facilitate and excel in catch and shoot situations. You don’t want to bring in a player that would take shots away from Skylar and potentially Cambage. Plus, Dallas has enough slashers as is.

Marina Mabrey.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/02/18 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I’m with you on this one, Gray doesn’t get a lot of rebounds or assists, and it seems like most of the players she was guarding lit Dallas up this year.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/18 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

Marina Mabrey.

If you can get Bibb to take Mabrey at #5, you will be worshipped by Lynx Nation.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/02/18 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

B)Trade for/sign a Wing

Marina Mabrey.

Except, she has no business being selected 5th.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/03/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

I agree, Vivians and Arike have different playing styles.Vivians is a catch and shoot,1 to 3 dribble pull-up jump shot player. Victoria is a complementary offensive player. Defensively,VV is big enough(5’11 not 6’1) to defend SG & most SF’s...Arike on the other hand, is a professional scorer/playmaker. She can create and get her shot anywhere on the court. I also think you're underrating Arike’s shooting ability. Just because Vivians is known as a catch and shoot player doesn’t mean she’s the better shooter. In four years at MS Vivians shot 40%/32%/76%...In Arike’s first 3 years at ND she’s shooting 44%/41%/75%..How many primary offensive shooting guards at top 5 ranked schools do you see putting up that type of shooting percentage over the course of a career?...Ogunbowale’s one major flaw is her lack of height(5’7-5’Cool...For this reason,I believe Ogumbowale would thrive in a 6th/7th Woman's role off the bench(see A.Bentley)...That being said,Both players would be great fits on Dallas,but in different roles.The Wings definitely need a 3 pt shooter(VV)...but they could also use another playmaker off the bench(AO)

And Arike taking shots away from Diggins/Cambage is absolute nonsense...WNBA contenders usually have 3-5 offensive scoring options. Ogunbawale is a better, more efficient offensive player than any backcourt player on Dallas with the exception of Diggins.

The Wings have holes...But they have enough assets to fill those holes.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/03/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

I agree, Vivians and Arike have different playing styles.Vivians is a catch and shoot,1 to 3 dribble pull-up jump shot player. Victoria is a complementary offensive player. Defensively,VV is big enough(5’11 not 6’1) to defend SG & most SF’s...Arike on the other hand, is a professional scorer/playmaker. She can create and get her shot anywhere on the court. I also think you're underrating Arike’s shooting ability. Just because Vivians is known as a catch and shoot player doesn’t mean she’s the better shooter. In four years at MS Vivians shot 40%/32%/76%...In Arike’s first 3 years at ND she’s shooting 44%/41%/75%..How many primary offensive shooting guards at top 5 ranked schools do you see putting up that type of shooting percentage over the course of a career?...Ogunbowale’s one major flaw is her lack of height(5’7-5’Cool...For this reason,I believe Ogumbowale would thrive in a 6th/7th Woman's role off the bench(see A.Bentley)...That being said,Both players would be great fits on Dallas,but in different roles.The Wings definitely need a 3 pt shooter(VV)...but they could also use another playmaker off the bench(AO)

And Arike taking shots away from Diggins/Cambage is absolute nonsense...WNBA contenders usually have 3-5 offensive scoring options. Ogunbawale is a better, more efficient offensive player than any backcourt player on Dallas with the exception of Diggins.

The Wings have holes...But they have enough assets to fill those holes.

If Odyssey Sims and her play style didn’t fit in Dallas, what makes you think Arike can? They have similar styles, but at least Sims was able to play a lick of defense. Dallas does not need any more shot first guards with little to no playmaking ability for anyone else.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/03/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

If Odyssey Sims and her play style didn’t fit in Dallas, what makes you think Arike can? They have similar styles, but at least Sims was able to play a lick of defense. Dallas does not need any more shot first guards with little to no playmaking ability for anyone else.

Sims wasn't willing to come off the bench...Playing second fiddle to Skylar was never going to happen...And if Cambage doesn't show up next season,Dallas will definitely need another playmaker....Ogumbowale avg nearly 3 asst her Junior season with a nearly 2/1 a/t ratio.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/03/18 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Sims wasn't willing to come off the bench...Playing second fiddle to Skylar was never going to happen...And if Cambage doesn't show up next season,Dallas will definitely need another playmaker....Ogumbowale avg nearly 3 asst her Junior season with a nearly 2/1 a/t ratio.

When ND was scrambling for a PG when all of theirs went down, there was a reason Muffet’s experiment with Arike at the 1 didn’t last very long. Call it what it is, she’s simply not good at creating many plays for others. Her awareness and vision for creating for others just isn’t quite there. At 5’8, being a full time SG automatically puts her at a disadvantage on the defensive end as well. If Dallas can’t get a backup PG, a shooter would be a good idea. Samuelson, Durr, and Cunningham are just a few names that have the length and shooting ability. Perhaps Dallas could try trading up to secure the first 2, and/or take whoever is left at 5 and then try acquiring a pick later in the round for a shooter like Cunningham or Latska.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/03/18 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
zune69 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

When ND was scrambling for a PG when all of theirs went down, there was a reason Muffet’s experiment with Arike at the 1 didn’t last very long. Call it what it is, she’s simply not good at creating many plays for others. Her awareness and vision for creating for others just isn’t quite there. At 5’8, being a full time SG automatically puts her at a disadvantage on the defensive end as well. If Dallas can’t get a backup PG, a shooter would be a good idea. Samuelson, Durr, and Cunningham are just a few names that have the length and shooting ability. Perhaps Dallas could try trading up to secure the first 2, and/or take whoever is left at 5 and then try acquiring a pick later in the round for a shooter like Cunningham or Latska.

I never said Ogunbowale is a PG...She's a scorer/playmaker….People aren’t putting Arike’s Junior season into proper context.They’re not factoring in all of the ND players who went down.Notre Dame suffered four ACL injuries last season.Ogunbowale’s offensive role continued to increase as the season went on.Ogunbowale had more assist with fewer turnovers and shot almost an identical percentage from 2 pt and 3 pt range as Durr,that's gotdamn impressive.In AO sophomore season she only avg 13.0 fga vs Durr's 15.2 fga per game.I also find it funny how people are saying Durr is a better playmaker than AO...but when you look at the A/T ratio from last season:

Arike-105a/55t.....Durr-86a/69t

Durr's size is also up for debate...She's listed at 5'10 but appears to only be 5'8...Ogunbawale also avg more rebounds than Durr last season...5.4 to 3.1......However, as i've already said in a previous post.I would take Durr/Samuelson over Ogunbowale.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/03/18 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 4 of 44

Jump to: