RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/16/19 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon,

I respect what you are saying, however, I hope and pray that Greg doesn't feel the same as you do!!!

I'm willing to accept whatever our season brings as an end result, even if ticket sales are impacted in the short term because the most important aspect is corporate sponsorships and season tickets sales, which both are up considerably over last year. Besides, I personally think our team lost too many games, not due to lack of talent or experience but because the ENTIRE offensive scheme was designed to give the ball to Liz 911, and everybody stand back and see what happens!

I want a team on the floor that gel together naturally with everyone being able to get involved and that will never happen with Liz on our team, so I would give rid of her too, but Arike ain't going nowhere!!!!!!!!

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/16/19 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the one hand, Cambage is an elite player, and fully committed, would make L.A. an odds-on favorite for years to come.

On the other, she may decide she has a headache and not make the flight from Australia.

From a competitive standpoint, it's a gamble, but a reasonable one; from a business standpoint, though, Cambage seems irrelevant to ticket sales, local interest, etc., in L.A. In a smaller market, Cambage might generate some buzz, but in L.A.? And especially since L.A. looks to be very good without her ...

On the one hand, I can't blame Cambage for using the leverage she has, and her decision to play in L.A. or not at all. On the other, it's more evidence that she marches to her own drummer and isn't interested in making any sacrifices for the good of a team, the league, women's basketball or women's sports.

From the point of view of Dallas, they have an asset that is worth zero to them but something to L.A. -- and on the one hand, anything they get in return is more than zero. On the other, if they just take a bag of chips, they are strengthening a rival franchise, perhaps significantly, and cede a competitive advantage for essentially nothing in return.

Sadly, I think everybody's right, and stalemate is the most likely outcome.

PostPosted: 04/16/19 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lets make this cabbage as stale as possible !

PostPosted: 04/16/19 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's emerging as a factor that may break the stalemate is Cambage's finances. Is Liz really broke? Does she really have a contract with Nike that doesn't pay her or severely reduces the payment if she doesn't play in the WNBA? It looks like LA is unwilling to meet Dallas' demands. Liz probably can't go back to Dallas because of the ill will from fans. Therefore, if she wants to play this season, Cambage may have to accept a trade to a team other than LA. Just how much does Liz need the money?

On the other hand, is there still another team that's interested? Knowing that Cambage clearly does not want to be in your town and will bolt the first opportunity she gets, are you still willing to pay a high price for her? Or are you so confident in your team and city that you think you can charm her into staying?

PostPosted: 04/16/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t understand why Dallas didn’t take the deal. Based on how this years draft went, they could have picked Brown which would have still given them size and also got a skilled player Vadeeva who is still young as well. Dallas would have been a young up and coming team. But I guess they wanted Neka instead.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/16/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shontay33,

It may have something to do with the fact that Vadeeva has stated before, LA is where she prefers to play in the WNBA as well, so why except a trade for another player who doesn't want to leave the city she currently plays in....Liz all over again!!!

adamj95

PostPosted: 04/16/19 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happens when Cambage ends up not liking LA? I’d say don’t trade her unless you get equal assets and if you don’t, she can stay at home and not play.

PostPosted: 04/16/19 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Liz ever said unequivocally that she will not play this season in Dallas? I don't recall. (Not that there is ever an unequivocal statement from Liz anyway.)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if Liz wanted to come back and play for Dallas i doubt we would want her back . Get that cancer out of here . I hope she has to sit and loses her endorsement with Adidas for being a big drama queen. This aint the NBA honey you gon learn today !

PostPosted: 04/16/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
What happens when Cambage ends up not liking LA? I’d say don’t trade her unless you get equal assets and if you don’t, she can stay at home and not play.

Not love LA?? The weather alone will make anyone fall in love.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Has Liz ever said unequivocally that she will not play this season in Dallas? I don't recall. (Not that there is ever an unequivocal statement from Liz anyway.)

Not that I remember. All we heard, as far as I recall, was that she'd asked for a trade (and subsequently that LA was the only place she wanted to go). There've certainly been a million instances of players asking for a trade in other sports and then continuing to play with their existing team anyway when the trade didn't happen. It's probably happened in this league as well, we just haven't heard about it much.

PostPosted: 04/16/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hollywood Liz: "Why is everyone so upset that I want to park my considerably big butt on the Lisa Leslie Court? Jap doesn't call me 'Hollywood Liz' for no reason. He KNOWS where I want to be! Doesn't everyone realize that Candace is my new best friend?"

PostPosted: 04/16/19 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK,

The same statement applies in Dallas as well...Liz Cambage may be many things to some, but what she absolutely is not is an "elite" athlete (season ticket holder who's sees it in person) and second, she has ZERO affect on tickets sales, and is in no way the player the majority of fans pay to see, that would be Skylar & Kayla Thornton, period!!!

I'm always at a loss for words when I see people act as if the WNBA would come to a stand still by the weekend, if Liz suddenly announced she's never coming back....Liz is a really-good player, not "elite" unless I'm missing something, especially when you start naming pro athletes in every sport who actually are elite!

Granted Dallas is not Lost Angeles by any stretch of the imagination, and thank God it's not, I left over 15 yrs ago and never looked backed, nor is it NYC.....Contrary to what most people in LA & NYC think, not everyone in America has a desire to live in either of those regions, most of us are actually happy living in other places, but I understand Liz is still young and the mindset that comes with being so, but in my opinion, if she really wanted out of Dallas that bad, why not accept the trade to Vegas for the short term until the LA opportunity becomes certain?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 04/16/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

LMMFAO!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/19 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

LMMFAO!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing #SheGonLearn

PostPosted: 04/16/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C'mon guys. Let Liz enjoy her pancakes by the ocean.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/16/19 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Not that I remember. All we heard, as far as I recall, was that she'd asked for a trade (and subsequently that LA was the only place she wanted to go). There've certainly been a million instances of players asking for a trade in other sports and then continuing to play with their existing team anyway when the trade didn't happen. It's probably happened in this league as well, we just haven't heard about it much.

Yeah but does Dallas want a repeat of The Pelicans after the trade deadline with Anthony Davis that sucked for everyone involved.

If I am Dallas and can't get a decent trade I let Liz sit. The team will be young, you've got Stevens and Ogunbowale who can emerge as future stars, you do well everyone is excited, you do poorly you get a lottery pick in 2020 and develop the youth for an exciting return of Diggins-Smith in 2020.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems most people wanting Dallas to pull the trigger for nothing on Liz are not Wings fans obviously Laughing

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yeah but does Dallas want a repeat of The Pelicans after the trade deadline with Anthony Davis that sucked for everyone involved.

If I am Dallas and can't get a decent trade I let Liz sit. The team will be young, you've got Stevens and Ogunbowale who can emerge as future stars, you do well everyone is excited, you do poorly you get a lottery pick in 2020 and develop the youth for an exciting return of Diggins-Smith in 2020.

But if she shows up in Dallas and says "I'm ready to play", what do you do? Let her take up a roster spot while you pay her to sit? I don't believe asking to be traded is a suspension-worthy violation of anything, so if she's there I don't think they can suspend her. They're obviously not going to cut her, because then you lose her for nothing (and whoever has first dibs would immediately claim her off waivers).

As in most elements of this situation, Dallas may not have any great choices.

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She can come and suit up but we dont "HAVE" to play her. Liz playing versus not playing has not made much difference in our record these past few years. So without skylar this season is a moot . Sit Cabbage if she stays and make her learn her lesson .

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
LA offered their No. 1 pick and Vadeeva, before the draft.

the article says it was two first round picks: 2019 and 2020 and Vadeeva

Quote:
And if Los Angeles simply returns to its previously offered deal, multiple league sources believe the trade could get done fairly quickly.

Is that because Kalani Brown was their 2019 #1, or we already seeing Bibb lower what he feels is “equitable value” ?

And even with losing Cambage, Bibb doesn't want Vadeeva, who had a lot of hype before she showed last year.

Quote:
with other teams involved for both salary purposes and to provide an ultimate destination for Vadeeva.

Last edited by tfan on 04/16/19 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
It seems most people wanting Dallas to pull the trigger for nothing on Liz are not Wings fans obviously Laughing

I wouldn't call two first round draft picks and Vadeeva nothing. I would call Cambage sitting out all summer, nothing.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I wouldn't call two first round draft picks and Vadeeva nothing. I would call Cambage sitting out all summer, nothing.

Vadeeva only wanted to play in LA ...who says she shows up for Dallas every year? Of course shes an easy pon to use in a trade bc she might not show up neither. That equals nothing to me Laughing

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Vadeeva only wanted to play in LA ...who says she shows up for Dallas every year? Of course shes an easy pon to use in a trade bc she might not show up neither. That equals nothing to me Laughing

You only talking about Vadeeva, who was going to be traded ("with other teams involved for both salary purposes and to provide an ultimate destination for Vadeeva") and not the draft picks. Kalani Brown may prove to be a decent center. The 2020 first round pick may or may not turn out to be worth something.

Last edited by tfan on 04/16/19 3:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/16/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The alternative view of that haul is now a center Dallas passed on two picks earlier, a center Agler barely wanted to play in LA last season, and a likely shitty pick in a draft class most people don't like. Doesn't seem too unreasonable to decide that isn't worth it.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Vadeeva only wanted to play in LA

When did she ever say that? I remember her being pretty happy about it - understandably, because she already knew some of the Sparks players - but I don't remember anything about not wanting to play elsewhere.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 28 of 44

Jump to: