Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 01/22/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1087809593420394496

Quote:
BREAKING: Multiple sources have confirmed that Liz Cambage has requested a trade from the Dallas Wings. #WNBAinsidr

At least it's a sign she'll play this season, just a matter of going to the right team. Los Angeles? Seattle? Vegas?

To LA for Sims, Vadeeva & their first round pick.
To Seattle for Loyd, Canada & their first round pick.
To Vegas for Jefferson, Bone & their first round pick

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/22/19 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sort of a shock I kind of thought no show before trade

To LA for N. Ogwumike

I know why would LA do that? But Cambage would show up in LA and a Parker/Cambage front-court would be pretty sick. It is worth the risk, maybe LA can convince Dallas to throw in one of its second round picks so they have something to show if Liz doesn't show up in 2020.

Ogwumike has some Texas connection and is still a star, and clears the way to trade GloJo for another decent piece or pick. Chi needs rebounding and a starting level PF would they be willing to give up #4 for GloJo? or G. Williams? or Copper and #15?

I think LA is where Liz wants to go

If Vegas is an option Jefferson and the #1 pick might be enough. (I doubt Agler would want Bone, he'd probably takes Swords over Bone if either was on the table.)

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/22/19 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 01/22/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings statement

https://wings.wnba.com/news/greg-bibb-statement-regarding-liz-cambage/

Quote:
While Liz is currently under contract with the Dallas Wings, we will work to resolve this issue while keeping the interest of our organization the priority

#NATC

PostPosted: 01/22/19 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Dallas signed Erin Phillips for more than just Liz-retention purposes.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LA fans thinking since Fred is their new AC Liz and Sky will follow him Laughing. Aye yi yi if only the outside fans knew the truth smh.

Liz seems to have always wanted to play in LA!

with Fred(whom she liked) being there makes it all the better for her. What will the Wings do? So, tell us outside fans the truth if you know it.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's all rather dependent on how long her list of 'places I'd actually show up' is. And even then, how much do those places trust her to show up this year, and any years in the future? Talent trumps almost anything in professional sports, which is why we've seen some horrible people get second, third, fourth etc. chances in other sports, but I'm not sure I'd give up too much for the right to deal with Liz's nonsense on a continued basis.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It's all rather dependent on how long her list of 'places I'd actually show up' is. And even then, how much do those places trust her to show up this year, and any years in the future? Talent trumps almost anything in professional sports, which is why we've seen some horrible people get second, third, fourth etc. chances in other sports, but I'm not sure I'd give up too much for the right to deal with Liz's nonsense on a continued basis.

That's why I can't get too excited about it. There's no chance she's interested in playing for Atlanta, so why waste time trying figure out a trade.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I totally agree with this.

Why I think LA might be willing to pay a bigger price than anyone else is, it is no secret that LA is where Liz would want to go, now that of course puts LA in a strong negotiating position, but Dallas also knows this and adding Cambage to LA without a big return would basically be shooting any chance Dallas has of contending for years, so this is the one time that the specific trade demand might not hurt the team that has the player demanding the trade. How wise would it be for Dallas to move Cambage to LA for scraps? When they could just not trade her, let her sit, and have a very legit tank, not even tank, just simply not have the talent to compete leading to a top pick next year, and Diggins-Smith return. As counter intuitive as it might sound since LA knows they are where Liz wants to be they have to offer something decent enough for Dallas to go through with the move. And with a new coach in town and Parker getting older doing it now rather than later seems to make sense. Even giving up say Ogwumike, or a combination of a few other starters, if LA is getting Cambage in return they probably become the favorite to win it all next season. So why not be bold, go almost all in on the move and go for a Championship in year one with Liz and your new coach.

Also if there are a couple of other destinations on the list PX, Seattle, LV there might be a little bit of a bidding war, s if you are LA, you know you are the first choice, why not just come in with a strong offer and avoid anyone else out maneuvering you. LV and a hungry Laimbeer cold easily put together a deal that includes the #1 pick, Jefferson and a post of your choice Harrison, Swords, Bone, Park without really taking away from last years up and coming squad, and Cambage to Wilson, Plum and McBride that is a contender from day 1 as well, so that is why LA should just come in with a good offer to start, even with the risk factored in.

I am sure Agler would be thrilled to continue to work with Ogwumike and she might enjoy being a #1 option add in Diggins-Smith the up and coming talent in Dallas and a draft pick or two Dallas stays competitive.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I'm not mad at all. On the bright side, Cambage raised her trade value by showing up last season. If we can trade Liz for a star(Moore, Parker , Ogwumike etc) or a get a good package of players/picks in return, Agler will have our team contending for a Championship in 2-3 years.

At Erin Phillips Rolling Eyes ...........Erin should be included in any trade.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/22/19 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
justintyme

PostPosted: 01/22/19 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, do we think that LA hiring Fred was anything other than an attempt to get Cambage to target them? Obviously she has a ton of leverage in whether she even plays or not, so she has to sign off on the team. Signing Fred was a play for her through and through. The timing on all this is not coincidence.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 way trade:

LA: Cambage
Chicago: Parker
Dallas: DD Gabby, Lavender, Sky and Sparks 1st round picks

miller40

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
LA fans thinking since Fred is their new AC Liz and Sky will follow him Laughing. Aye yi yi if only the outside fans knew the truth smh.

I’m just curious what you mean, since I read on Twitter Liz only wants to go to LA. I don’t follow them closely so I thought she and Fred got along fine.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc,

Still feel the same way now???

justintyme

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I’m just curious what you mean, since I read on Twitter Liz only wants to go to LA. I don’t follow them closely so I thought she and Fred got along fine.

Cambage was pissed when Williams got fired last year and was quite vocal about it. They had hit it off and were quite close.

After he was fired, she started talking about not coming back to play and about the low pay, etc. Fred was hired on as an LA assistant, and she demanded a trade basically the same day.

Yeah, they get along fine.

The AP also reported on all of this.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme,

You may be on to something🤔

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Luuuc,

You might get your wish!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69,

I actually think they can contender even sooner than that with Brian at the helm. I honestly don't see him discouraged at all by this whole drama unfolding, and in fact not only anticipated it but planned for it in advance!

There are only two or three dominant teams in the league, so why is it so ludicrous to think we can turn this around in a short time with the right moves and pieces in place?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

You must esp because I was about to message you next 😁

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

SMDH......!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Luuuc,

I'm not sure which thoughts in particular you are referring to. Nothing much has really changed with the way I feel about things, but obviously the ship has sailed on my "if they subscribe to the buy low, sell high school of trading then now would certainly be a good time to sell" comment, because as soon as a player comes out asking for a move to a particular place, their trade value plummets.

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ DFWub2018,

Under no circumstances should Dallas accept on offer that doesn't include N.Ogwumike, C.Parker or M.Moore.

A 3-way trade with Minnesota isn't out of the question.

Minn gets- Ogwumike & LA 1st rd pk
LA gets- Cambage
Dal gets- Moore

Or...If Liz is willing to go to LV

Cambage for Harrison,Jefferson & #1 pk(McCowan)

Last edited by zune69 on 01/22/19 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA seems like the most probable destination for Cambage... Idea

She seems to want to play in a big city and for a Championship-level team. She came back to the Wings after they moved to Dallas and became loaded with talent. Now that Diggins-Smith is out, DAL is going to return to being a marginal team and Cambage wants to leave. Liz also previously expressed interest in being in LA even before being drafted, LA now has Fred as an assistant, and LA is now at a Championship or Bust level team, and may be willing to try shaking things up after busting last year. Exclamation

That said, LA doesn't have exactly the right trading pieces for a straight-up deal with DAL. They'll likely need a 3rd team to facilitate... or perhaps want a 3rd team to facilitate? Parker, Nneka and Cambage all in the frontcourt? They tried CP3 as a 3 before, unsuccessfully, and I doubt Nneka wants to come off the bench. Confused

Las Vegas feels like a sleeper destination, because of the excitement of Sin City, not to mention proximity to LA, the team's upside, backcourt depth, proven coach, etc., but keeping with the city's gambling theme... I wouldn't bet my house on it... yet Twisted Evil

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/22/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage for N. Ogwumike

LA
Gray/Sims
Williams/#7 Ogunbowale
Beard/Carson/Weise or Samuelson
Parker/Lavender
Cambage/Vadeeva/#19 Xu

Dallas

Diggins-Smith/#17 Dillard
Gray/Davis/Hill
Stevens/Thorton
N. Ogwumike/GloJo
Plaisance/#5 Anigwe

George FA or 2nd round post #22 to finish it up or maybe just keep Christmas-Kelly considering both Stevens and Thorton can play at the 3 or the 4

I see GloJo being traded for more balance but didn't want to over complicate this. I also think Dallas can play small post with GloJo and N. Ogwumike up front and large perimeter with Gray, Davis and Stevens.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/22/19 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/22/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69,

I definitely agree with you!!!

Randy

PostPosted: 01/22/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Cambage for N. Ogwumike

Spot on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 16 of 44

Jump to: