Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/13/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
I think Wheeler is the only one from the list who will actually be available.

She's the Wings' best option. Agler should throw money at her. Then whenever Diggins returns, she'd make a solid back-up PG/SG. If not, Agler needs to trade for a PG. Otherwise, Agler may be forced to bring in someone like Lindsey Allen, Lexie Brown or Alexis Jones.

Please, please take her. I don't want anyone in Indiana thinking she is a part of the future of the team.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/13/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I wasn't expecting you to respond so quick to my post, so I haven't actually thought it through yet, however, I absolutely feel a consistently injury prone Jefferson and an over-rated Plum is not the answer for my team!!!

If it were possible, I would much rather have Jasmine Thomas, and I personally wouldn't be afraid to give a draft pick an opportunity to start. Why would that option be so bad? It's not like we will be contending for anything this year or the next, but with two picks in the second round, I like both, Maite Cazorla and Natisha Hideman.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/13/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jasmine Thomas got cored, but she would be an interesting choice because she might be available for the right price.

Connecticut have 3 PG’s besides her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/13/19 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Jasmine Thomas got cored, but she would be an interesting choice because she might be available for the right price.

Connecticut have 3 PG’s besides her.

Sign a free agent PG draft best avail at 5. Thomas could be a nice addition but with the bonehead moves fred made im not sure we can afford her. We need to go for a SF/PF in the draft. Particularly one that can score on offense and possibly rebound. I know who i want but with questions now surrounding glory we may need to give a look at Anigwe just in case.

PostPosted: 01/14/19 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Clarendon would be more available than J. Thomas, but isn't worth the Wings FRP. Maybe an exchange of draft position + Laysia would do it.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/14/19 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I hope you are right that it may be possible, I need some good news after the Cowboys loss yesterday!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/14/19 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

I told you awhile back that I wanted Anigwe on our squad, and I also agree with you that KLS is the best option for us at #5 😎

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/14/19 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt that Bill wants to give up Plum. She looked like a good complimentary player at the end of the season to Wilson & McBride and part of their young core for the future. She and McBride can spread the floor for the Aces and keep the bucket open for Wilson

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
5thmantheme

PostPosted: 01/14/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about :

Wings get Sloot + Quigley

Sky get Gray + the #5 pick

??

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/14/19 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
How about :

??

Deal were do we make it official right NOW ! Laughing

When skylar returns she can play the 2

Sloot
Skylar
Allie
Glory/Azura
Queen Cabbage

I like that starting 5.

Thornton
Christmas-Kelly (Maybe)
Horrible Hill
TP (Ms. 30/30 Club)
Davis
George

I think we move on from Karima and that max salary for Thornton and her lower salary. No need to have 2 of the same player.

PostPosted: 01/14/19 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 team trade

Conn gets Jefferson

Dallas gets Clarendon and #9

LV gets #5

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/14/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
How about :

??

Very amusing! Laughing How about we substitute Stevens instead of Gray and then restart the negotiations.

PostPosted: 01/14/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
How about :

??

Very amusing! Laughing How about we substitute Stevens instead of Gray and then restart the negotiations.

You had your shot at Stevens last season and chose The Great Gabby Instead!

PostPosted: 01/14/19 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme,

No thanks, I'd rather keep the key personnel we have while adding to it, but also getting rid of a few non factors on the roster....if those two haven't managed to make Chicago a contender, why would we want them?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/14/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
How about :

??

You had your shot at Stevens last season and chose The Great Gabby Instead!

This is a brand new year and with a brand new coach. The reset button has been pressed. It's the beginning of a new chapter for the Chicago Sky.

PostPosted: 01/14/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wrote:

LOL.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/14/19 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
wrote:

LOL.

I know, I know. I believe people think that since it's so cold in the Midwest during the winter that we just go into a long hibernation slumber. NOT! Laughing

PostPosted: 01/15/19 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
wrote:

LOL.

Besides if the Sky are out to help another team here's a deal that makes just as much sense:

Lynx get Sloot + Quigley +picks 6, 16 and 18 and A. Jones or any other scrub they like from the Lynx bench.

Instant rebuild for the Lynx. Laughing

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 01/15/19 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad y'all are amused.

Rock Hard wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
How about :

??

... er then ... Sky get Gray + this year #5 + right to swap next years #1s.

The thinking is nba-ish style cap clearance for the Sky. They would pick ArikeO and KLS, and guarantee a lottery pick next year, and have more salary space for the new contract situation.
Wings would be gambling short term on Quigs over Gray, and temp Cambage with visions of Entry Pass Sugar Plums (as in all or nothing).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/15/19 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Glad y'all are amused.

Rock Hard wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:
How about :

??

... er then ... Sky get Gray + this year #5 + right to swap next years #1s.

The thinking is nba-ish style cap clearance for the Sky. They would pick ArikeO and KLS, and guarantee a lottery pick next year, and have more salary space for the new contract situation.
Wings would be gambling short term on Quigs over Gray, and temp Cambage with visions of Entry Pass Sugar Plums (as in all or nothing).

Why would we give you or puck this year and next year along with 2017 ROTY? For 2 veteran players? Gray + #5 or Gray + next yrs #1 but not both. Fred aint coaching no more Laughing

PostPosted: 01/15/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The wings need to Go for a big. For OG issues I’d say bring Chong back. Wings need too much elsewhere and need just to get a stop-gap for Diggins-Smith with their 5 pick. Get a shooter or a big in case Liz skips. Plus, I was not pleased when they released her last year. She wasn’t showy, but was very steady and always was in the passing lane to create at least 2 steaks or forced turns a game.

Next year ion: what is this alleged Glory drama? I’ve not seen or heard any drama from her in the past 2 years as a Wing. As a season ticket holder with a ton of avid Wings fans around me always willing to spill the T, I hear only good things about her.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/16/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
The wings need to Go for a big. For OG issues I’d say bring Chong back. Wings need too much elsewhere and need just to get a stop-gap for Diggins-Smith with their 5 pick. Get a shooter or a big in case Liz skips. Plus, I was not pleased when they released her last year. She wasn’t showy, but was very steady and always was in the passing lane to create at least 2 steaks or forced turns a game.

Next year ion: what is this alleged Glory drama? I’ve not seen or heard any drama from her in the past 2 years as a Wing. As a season ticket holder with a ton of avid Wings fans around me always willing to spill the T, I hear only good things about her.

No to Chong , she was steady but she's not aggressive enough . I would rather have her than Romero though in all honesty .

PostPosted: 01/16/19 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the Wings are best taking a shooter at #5. Hopefully one that also shoots the 3. But they first they need to find out if Cambage is showing up. Otherwise it could be a long season for them.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/16/19 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think the Wings are best taking a shooter at #5. Hopefully one that also shoots the 3. But they first they need to find out if Cambage is showing up. Otherwise it could be a long season for them.

This _____ couldn't be more true !

PostPosted: 01/16/19 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455,

I totally agree with you that we will draft a shooter with the #5 pick, however, what I'm about to say next, I'm pretty sure everyone else reading this will think I'm crazy, but it is my opinion and mine alone.

I am TOTALLY over the whole "Liz Cambage saga!" First, she is NOT the best or most dominant center in the league, Sylvia Fowles is then Brittany is second.

As a season ticket holder, I got to watch Liz pout, constantly whine and complain almost to the point of wanting to actually she'd tears when it comes to the elite level of competition in the WNBA vs what she's used to playing against on the various International teams!

It enrages me to think that for the SECOND time, this franchise has allowed this insecure, self-centered and immature so called "professional" to basically hold this team hostage by her actions to VOLUNTARLY come to Dallas, sign a two year EXTENSION, because they already owned the rights to her from the first debacle she pulled in Tulsa, then before the playoffs even starts, she makes it known that she, yet AGAIN, has come to the conclusion that she MAY or MAY NOT want to play for this team or the league as a whole again, even though I knew exactly how much money I would be making the day I signed the contract...."either way, I'll get back to you'll and the league when I get back to you!" Now the team is one of the worst case scenerios possible with the season only months away in order to try and salvage this mess!!!

One player should not be given that much power to alter an entire organizations future, especially when the team in question has gone out of it's way too not only meet your demands, but has done everything in it's power to let you know how much it cares for and appreciates you in every way possible, only to have you give them the middle finger at the end of the day!

Liz Cambage is a talented basketball player, but she is by no means the end all, be all for the WNBA....It's time for this organization to trade her rights to whatever team who's willing and desperate enough to deal with this foolishness, get multiple pieces out of the deal, and move the fuck on from this side show....We should be focusing on trying to become one of the elite teams in the WNBA, not the never ending stepping stool for ONE player who feels this team will never succeed without her!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 14 of 44

Jump to: