RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/18 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.

Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."

I’m right on the money again.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92495&start=944

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/22/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Dallas needs a 3rd scorer, someone who can step up and go off, Durr would be a good pick, but I think Durr and Ogunbowale will go 3 and 4 in the draft. LouConn or Mabrey would be my pick at 5, for a team who can sometimes use a fire lit under them, someone like Mabrey who plays with a lot of moxie would fit the team well.
Diggins-Smith/Davis/ draft pick
Mabrey/Gray
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton
Stevens/Trade
Cambage/George/Plaisance

Mabrey will not and should not be in the Top 5 let alone the first round. Wth you tryna do to us here ? Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/22/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.

Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."

I’m right on the money again.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92495&start=944

There you have it. Liz has never changed her mind.

Mojo

PostPosted: 08/22/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz.
After reading about Liz Cambage having bouts with anxiety and depression my stance has become one of more compassion. Any of you that have had high anxiety might relate to what it's like to get ready for a social event and at the last minute to step back inside and close the door to the outside world, leaving those with expectations empty-handed. Liz stepped through the door, making confidence-gaining strides with a statement this year of her ability to play with the best, to put up wonderful stats that stand up well when comparisons are made while playing for a losing team, to showcase her multi-faceted abilities and come out smelling like a rose. She is All-World caliber. Liz mentioned taking care of her mind and spirit...that is what is most important for any human being.

Catch24Rules

PostPosted: 08/22/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Liz.
After reading about Liz Cambage having bouts with anxiety and depression my stance has become one of more compassion. Any of you that have had high anxiety might relate to what it's like to get ready for a social event and at the last minute to step back inside and close the door to the outside world, leaving those with expectations empty-handed. Liz stepped through the door, making confidence-gaining strides with a statement this year of her ability to play with the best, to put up wonderful stats that stand up well when comparisons are made while playing for a losing team, to showcase her multi-faceted abilities and come out smelling like a rose. She is All-World caliber. Liz mentioned taking care of her mind and spirit...that is what is most important for any human being.

X__________

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems to me the most important issue facing a new head coach is getting Cambage to play. Get Cambage to buy in to the process; even let her essentially make the choice. The Wings with Cambage next season will be a better team than without her, regardless of the coach.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they need to keep George on the team as part of bringing back Cambage. If Johnson ends up elsewhere, maybe the Wings draft Magbegor?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
It seems to me the most important issue facing a new head coach is getting Cambage to play. Get Cambage to buy in to the process; even let her essentially make the choice. The Wings with Cambage next season will be a better team than without her, regardless of the coach.

That’s what I was saying when I was campaigning for Cambage’s return, but the results this season were less than spectacular with few excuses (unless Christmas going down made the huge difference).

Shades

PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I think they need to keep George on the team as part of bringing back Cambage. If Johnson ends up elsewhere, maybe the Wings draft Magbegor?

If Magbegor makes it to PHX’s pick, I’m 90% sure she’ll be snatched up by them.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

This aint Australia 2.0 ,

No more making moves to accommodate Cambage. Build your team how you want , whether she returns or not.

PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

That’s what I was saying when I was campaigning for Cambage’s return, but the results this season were less than spectacular with few excuses (unless Christmas going down made the huge difference).

How can you say something of this nature when she wasn't with us two years ago and our record was better than the season she came over ? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Liz comes back but there should definitely be some back up plans.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Biiiiiii*ch im done with her. Im taking my DM on instagram back. I just don't have the patience for this type of shit. Rebbys Go in im not defending this bullsh*t anymore goodnight america!

wait, what happened? Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
I hope Liz comes back but there should definitely be some back up plans.

you don't think Plaisance and George are quite up to the task? Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
1. Gary Kloppenburg
2. Carol Ross
3. Gail Goestenkors

I think Skylar would force a trade if she had Klop as her coach again. Dude, sat and stared down at the floor for 50% of the game. No way. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Biiiiiii*ch im done with her. Im taking my DM on instagram back. I just don't have the patience for this type of shit. Rebbys Go in im not defending this bullsh*t anymore goodnight america!

I had to slide outtt Laughing

PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I had to slide outtt Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 08/22/18 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still loving Liz. But I agree, gotta plan for the future if she doesn’t come back. I think this season got stuck in the mud due to fred’s Laziness and incompetence. The easiest thing to do is ride 1 & 5 until they die. It kind of showed his lack of competence as Glory was arguably the best player on the court at times last year and thoroughly unused this year. She was an afterthought all season long. Hellllloooo!!! Where is the high-low game between gloJo and Liz. I mean someone shoulda been seriously administered a beat-down with those high octane ladies. I cannot blame skylar being a ball hog as everything about this season seems to be pointed at her being rode too f***ing hard. I searched all season with reps, neighboring fans, staff, this board, and the occasional coach trying to find why the hell one releases Chong to replace her with the 12th woman on the bench of 10. I’d like to credit Bibb with some of this idiocy as he seems like a pretentious boob striding around for 3 seasons and never bothering to say, boo, kiss my ass, give me more Money or god forbid-thanks for your unwavering support. Hmmmm, maybe open your eyes and listen to someone other than yourself Narcissis.

Thornton earned her spot in my eyes. On a team that needs a bolus of adrenaline on top of a constant drip, she needs to be on the floor. Used more wisely? Yes! Some people she cannot guard. Aja Wilson?
No, she is too strong and easily shoots over Thornton. That anemic GWH, EDD? Yes!!! Body her up and move her off her spots. Her trajectory from her 5 games at the Mystics to last year to this year is to the moon. I say, let’s see her game next year.

I also expect year 2 to be a Massive improvement for Azura. She needs to be pushed next year. Glimpses of brilliance this season. Push her! And I think she can defend. The W over the Aces could be partly attributed to 3 statement blocks By Stevens. She just needs a coach!!!

Next point, and likely biggest, the coaching! Give it to Taj! I liked what I heard from her speaking to the media. She does not mince words, which hopefully means she holds Players accountable. This teams needs a push and I’m tired Of the old has-beens.

Next, keep Lucas. She should get better as she gets stronger from whatever put that ankle to neck brace on her leg she was wearing. And it is no secret the Wings need a SHOOTER. For the love of God, find a shooter-you have LIZ and DIGGINS, for fox sake, just any 40% 3 point shooter will wreak havoc on opposing defenses.

Finally, draft concerns. Shooter, shooter shooter. If Liz does not play, demand GJ and Azura to cover the posts. Mobile 5’s are the future of this league. Shooter!

Phwew, just a few opinions/observations.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Might as well link this here:

Liz Cambage earns devoted US fanbase after season of points, freedom and memes
- by Howard Megdal

Quote:
The impact that Liz Cambage made in the 2018 WNBA season can be measured in an infinite number of ways on the court. But it is the impact that America had on Cambage, the sense of emotional release and freedom that came with her return to the United States after five years out of the league, that augurs best for a long-term commitment between the Australian and her adopted country.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dallas Wings will be paying Tayler Hill over $100,000 for the 2019 season, that's starter's money.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The Dallas Wings will be paying Tayler Hill over $100,000 for the 2019 season, that's starter's money.

Shes a FA so it most likely will not be us paying her.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

It also probably won't be $100k

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

No she's not, which is rather the point.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

She came in the league 2013. How is BG a FA and shes not after this season ? RFA yeah but who says we have to match ?

PostPosted: 08/28/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

She came in the league 2013. How is BG a FA and shes not after this season ? RFA yeah but who says we have to match ?

She did take a season off for pregnancy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44

Jump to: