RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/18/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09,

I guess it really doesn't matter what we do or which moves we make, according to SpaceJunkie, we are " The biggest joke of a franchise in the WNBA!"

Shades

PostPosted: 12/18/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

I guess it really doesn't matter what we do or which moves we make, according to SpaceJunkie, we are " The biggest joke of a franchise in the WNBA!"

Probably the most underperforming club of last season...or was that the Liberty? I actually thought Dallas had more talent to work with.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 12/18/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

Probably the most underperforming club of last season...or was that the Liberty? I actually thought Dallas had more talent to work with.

Liberty were either the most under performing team in the WNBA last season or the most over performing team in the preceding season(s).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/18/18 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

I get spaces intent. Most likely more of a shot at his own team than us. Even if it was our track history with transactions & player development from our most recent management makes it almost just as true. But on a bright note some wings players do seem excited about the hire. Some jus meh but no one displeased so far. Keyword : So Far not every player has spoke on it either.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 12/18/18 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/18/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-announce-2019-regular-season-schedule/

Quote:

The team will host Candance Parker and the Los Angeles Sparks for the Wings annual camp day on July 9. Tip-off is set for 12 noon. All Sunday afternoon games will begin at 3 pm CST, while all games slated for Tuesday through Saturday will begin at 7 pm CST.

PostPosted: 12/18/18 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09,

You must be new to SpaceJunkie Outrage™. I'm jealous knowing that the Wings now got a good head coach, meaning that every team in the WNBA now has a real coach/GM except my team, because, by law, in order to be considered a legitimate sports league, the biggest joke of a team must be the Minnesota team, but I'm not allowed to go any further (I've already said everything about 400 times) unless it is in a Lynx thread. Smile

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 12/18/18 9:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
tfan

PostPosted: 12/18/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Agler is a sanctioned coach we will get to see if the talk about the Wings having a talented roster is true or not. But it might take a year with Diggins coming off pregnancy.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/18/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I agree and felt the same way during and after the season, but for someone whose not a fan of my team to have such distain for my team without a clear explanation as to how you come to that conclusion, naturally as a Wings fan, I need answers!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/18/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie,

I understand....all is well now!!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/18/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Dallas will need a PG. Diggins played over 34 mpg last year, far and away the most MPG of any player in the league. There was no true backup PG . Being able to sign or draft someone who can play right away and keep Liz happy will be of incredible importance to Agler's success in his first year in Dallas. Because of Cambage sits out in 2019, would she really return in 2020, with the Olympics that year?

MoJeff for K. Davis? I could see both teams willing to do that.

Outside of being taller is there a single thing Davis is better at than Jefferson? I'd rather keep Jefferson as a backup if that's the return for cashing her in.

Bill likes big guards.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 12/19/18 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great hire by Dallas(Thank You LA Sparks) Agler is arguably the greatest head coach of all time. Unlike coach Williams, Agler knows how to implement an offensive system,and diagram a successful play on a clipboard. He also holds his players accountable on defense and will not tolerate any malcontent like behavior...With the amount of talent Agler now has at his disposal.I see Dallas winning at least one title over the next 3 seasons(2021 would be my best guess)...and maybe multiple Championships over the next 4-6 years...I expect a couple of trades and veteran signings at Agler’s request.....I would not be surprised if Dallas cored Glory,then packaged her in a trade for a sg/sf.

Dallas re-signed Cambage's chaperone Laughing .......I guess this is a good sign that Cambage will show up for the 2019 season.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 12/19/18 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even with a proper coach I can't get my hopes up too high.
I think that Cambage missing a chunk of the Chinese season probably improves her odds of playing in 2 consecutive WNBA seasons for the first time in her career, but I certainly wouldn't be counting on it just yet. And while I expect Skylar to be as professional as anyone in the league about getting back to peak condition, it's not realistic to expect a full season at her best. So that's 2 pretty big question marks in a team that got very limited production from anyone else last year.

After 2018's 15-19 underachievement, 2019 looks ripe for the tanking IMO. I doubt that's Agler's style though.

PostPosted: 12/19/18 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

After 2018's 15-19 underachievement, 2019 looks ripe for the tanking IMO. I doubt that's Agler's style though.

+1

2020 or 2021 will be Dallas' first real legit shot at a Championship IMO.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/19/18 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It'll be more interesting to see what FAs Agler can bring over to Dallas. FAs weren't exactly eager to play there previously.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PRballer

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25565813

I've been a fan of Voepel and loyal reader of hers since about 1996 but this headline (likely written by ESPN editors). More of the same? While I understand the issues of men coaching women in pro sports and the concern over equal opportunities for women, this is the winningest coach in women's pro hoops history (WNBA, ABL) and legitimizes Dallas with an instant winner.

SLAM DUNK hire.

Subhead: "Agler's hire is more of the same"

Good god
Rolling Eyes Shocked

This is a positive thing for the franchise, which in turn is a positive thing for the WNBA.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the article was about the Fisher hiring the title would make more sense. Hiring a former NBA player with a lousy coaching record is a lot different from hiring one of the very best coaches in WNBA history.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25565813

I've been a fan of Voepel and loyal reader of hers since about 1996 but this headline (likely written by ESPN editors). More of the same? While I understand the issues of men coaching women in pro sports and the concern over equal opportunities for women, this is the winningest coach in women's pro hoops history (WNBA, ABL) and legitimizes Dallas with an instant winner.

SLAM DUNK hire.

Subhead: "Agler's hire is more of the same"

Good god
Rolling Eyes Shocked

This is a positive thing for the franchise, which in turn is a positive thing for the WNBA.

Don't get me started on michelle. She has an active police force on this board so ill plead the 5th and disregard her as usual.

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69,

I'm so amped for draft day in addition to the season starting after yesterday, I'm hoping like hell the other season ticket holders on our row fail to re-new their seats in time so my squad can get them!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455,

+1

Shades

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voepel’s moody because she’s doing her part to be a women’s advocate. She wants more women in the NBA and more women in the WNBA. If it was 100% women in the front office and coaching in the WNBA, I seriously doubt Voepel would be writing about unfairness towards men in the WNBA. For her it’s not about whoever’s best for the job. Most people recognize Fred Williams was doing an ineffective job. Being a man didn’t save his job (although it may have kept him around longer than what should have been). Now Pokey should be next in line for the chopping block. Voepel won’t like that notion because Pokey’s a woman, and there’s so few left as a coach in the WNBA. It doesn’t matter if Pokey’s had all this experience and she’s still shown to be ineffective.

Was Voepel objectionable to the firing of Stocks and the hiring of Wade? If she was it didn’t stand out to me. That was a debatable unfair firing, but not enough people seemed to care.

Voepel does seem to have a bias towards certain teams and people. She was so so soft on the Mercury when they were obviously tanking the 2012 season. I wonder what her view will be with the latest Mercury situation. Not enough info for an opinion? That’s never stopped her before.

Last edited by Shades on 12/19/18 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 12/19/18 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure hiring literally anyone else would draw the ire of Wings fans. Agler was the only logical choice and clearly the best one.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/19/18 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I'm pretty sure hiring literally anyone else would draw the ire of Wings fans. Agler was the only logical choice and clearly the best one.

He was clearly the best of the retreads, but wouldn’t it be refreshing to find someone new and possibly better? I know it’s tough in the WNBA because the pay relatively is not that great and the job security is low if you can’t produce right away (unless you’re a man Wink ). The best coaching candidates aren’t exactly seeking the WNBA.

zune69

PostPosted: 12/19/18 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
zune69,

I'm so amped for draft day in addition to the season starting after yesterday, I'm hoping like hell the other season ticket holders on our row fail to re-new their seats in time so my squad can get them!!!

Hopefully, when It's Dallas' turn to make their selection, A certain UConn Husky will still be on the board. With the hiring of Agler, the Wings will definitely be an elite team for many years to come......I won't be posting on Rebkell during the upcoming season. I'm trying to relax more and focus my energy on Stress reducing Hobbies Very Happy ....but I'll be with the Wings in spirit.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/19/18 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
zune69,

Hopefully, when It's Dallas' turn to make their selection, A certain UConn Husky will still be on the board. With the hiring of Agler, the Wings will definitely be an elite team for many years to come......I won't be posting on Rebkell during the upcoming season. I'm trying to relax more and focus my energy on Stress reducing Hobbies Very Happy ....but I'll be with the Wings in spirit.

Ive noticed the reduction already zune. You will be sorely missed. That certain player is doing too damn welll so far to start the season and im in fear she wont be there at 5. #WFFL

PostPosted: 12/19/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
zune69,

Ive noticed the reduction already zune. You will be sorely missed. That certain player is doing too damn welll so far to start the season and im in fear she wont be there at 5. #WFFL

Thanks Smile

And I'm gonna sorely miss you throwing Dallas' future success in peoples faces Laughing ...I'll be very disappointed if She's not available at #5.....If that's the case, hopefully Dallas gets a nice consolation prize.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 10 of 44

Jump to: