RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. Maybe that’s Miller’s motto for Anigwe? It could be about three point shooting. Miller wants three point shooting from every position. Not getting it from AThomas is already too many players that can’t shoot the three.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/06/19 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Plaisance traded to the Sun for Kristine Anigwe

https://sun.wnba.com/news/sun-acquire-theresa-plaisance/

I like the trade for both. Anigwe's ceiling is very high and could work out to be Johnson's replacement at PF next season.

If Johnson’s going to be “replaced”, why not trade her now? Then you get something for her.

I was expecting a trade from Dallas, but this wasn’t it.🤔

More to this but I don’t think this was the original trade scenario. Sad to see Big Daddy T leave but I’m excited for Anigwe!!

She was overrated and GROSSLY overpaid...I do like her as a person though 😰🤔😁

Shades

PostPosted: 08/06/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently Bibb had Anigwe ranked high in his draft board. He may have taken her #5 if Anotherbrickinthewalle wasn’t available.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/06/19 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A reasonable roll of the dice for Dallas ... not much to lose, and something (possibly) to gain.

PostPosted: 08/06/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Wonder how much this affects Gustafson’s ability to stay on this roster for next year... her and Anigwe have similar enough games but one might call Anigwe a slightly taller & more athletic version of Gustafson.

I would trade/buyout/cut Hill and keep Gustafson. With Diggins/Jefferson making their return next season, there's going to be no minutes available for T.Hill. Keep Gustafson and take a one year cap hit.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/06/19 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Wonder how much this affects Gustafson’s ability to stay on this roster for next year... her and Anigwe have similar enough games but one might call Anigwe a slightly taller & more athletic version of Gustafson.

I would trade/buyout/cut Hill and keep Gustafson. With Diggins/Jefferson making their return next season, there's going to be no minutes available for T.Hill. Keep Gustafson and take a one year cap hit.

Hopefully Dallas can buy her out if she can’t be traded for a bag of chips. Come the start of next year, she’ll have to appear fully healthy as well as be convinced she won’t get playing time in Dallas and thus want to take her chances garnering interest from other teams (maybe the same trading partner that just relieved Dallas of its other big contract would want her?)... even though that strategy didn’t seem to work out for Kelsey Bone in Vegas this year (unless her plan all along was to not be on a roster while still getting paid Laughing )

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/06/19 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am also curious what the Anigwe trade means for Gustafson.

Then again, Gustafson has surprised me with a bit of shooting range, albeit in limited attempts:

Megan Gustafson
1-5 feet: 11-17 (.647)
6-10 feet: 5-9 (.556)
11-15 feet: 1-2 (.500)

Anigwe, on the other hand, has been very inconsistent outside of five feet and in the midrange, but has actually managed to hit a few attempts from a longer distance:

Kristine Anigwe
1-5 feet: 6-13 (.462)
6-10 feet: 3-12 (.250)
11-15 feet: 0-4 (.000)
16-21 feet: 2-6 (.333)

https://lynxdata.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/2019leaguepctbydistance.pdf

willtalk

PostPosted: 08/06/19 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have never been a fan of Anigwe. I feel she doesn't have the skill level to succeed at this level and seems to lack the work effort to acquire it. She basically was the same player her senior year that she started as like a freshman. Probably her early success and Gottliebs favoritism made her complacent. I think Angler just traded for her because of the similarity in their last names. LOL. This sort of shows they are aiming for a high draft pick next season.

PostPosted: 08/07/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what does Glory Johnson not being traded at the deadline mean for the team's chances at re-signing her? I'm guessing she would've been traded for something by now if she had wanted out. I don't think Johnson will get cored (if that survives the CBA) since Diggins-Smith is also due to be a free agent after 2019, unless the fact that she hasn't played and probably won't play a single second this season changes her contract status, Idk how that'll all work. If Diggins-Smith isn't cored, I still don't know if Johnson is worth coring as it pertains to her making max, she just isn't putting up those kind of numbers this year for whatever reason.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/08/19 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo,

This is just my opinion, but I think they were actually trying to get a trade deal done by the deadline for Glory and once that didn't workout, TP was the next best option.

I don't see Glory demanding a trade on her own because she purchased a home ten minutes away from where I live about eight or nine months ago, and according to her, it took her awhile to find the "perfect" home for her and the girls, and how extremely happy she was with the purchase!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/08/19 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo,

This is just my opinion, but I think they were actually trying to get a trade deal done by the deadline for Glory and once that didn't workout, TP was the next best option.

I don't see Glory demanding a trade on her own because she purchased a home ten minutes away from where I live about eight or nine months ago, and according to her, it took her awhile to find the "perfect" home for her and the girls, and how extremely happy she was with the purchase!

PostPosted: 08/08/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Stormeo,

What's up WNBA09,

Do you remember who else besides Arike was on my draft wishlist...I'm slowly getting all the things I want:

1. Trade Courtney Paris
2. Fire Fred
3. Cut Ahkator
4. Upgrade the PT Guard position ( coming soon)
5. Trade KD (still would do it if the right deal was there)
6. Trade TP
7. Draft Anigwe
8. Draft Arike
😁😁😁😁😁😁😎

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/19 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember Stevens? Apparently she’s out for the rest of the season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/14/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what do you Dallas fans think has happened to GloJo? She kinda just looks like she's going thru the motions out there. Her best qualities have been her energetic go-for-it attitude and athleticism because 'skill' was never her best thing. Now she doesn't look like she has the energy or desire most of the time. Yeah, here and there she looks like her old self but the rest of the time it's cruise control.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/14/19 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Remember Stevens? Apparently she’s out for the rest of the season.

Looking at the roster, Stevens being out essentially allowed Gustafson to stay on the roster. After Hill and Diggins-Smith, I’m guessing Stevens could play if she really had to, but the team “needed” one more injury to get that roster exemption. No need for Stevens to play hurt in a season like this one, it’s a good year for rookies and others with lesser talent to use this year to audition for next year. I’m guessing Agler will have much more of a set starting lineup & rotation by then.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/19 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins is inactive. Otherwise they’d have too many players on the roster.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 08/15/19 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
So what do you Dallas fans think has happened to GloJo? She kinda just looks like she's going thru the motions out there. Her best qualities have been her energetic go-for-it attitude and athleticism because 'skill' was never her best thing. Now she doesn't look like she has the energy or desire most of the time. Yeah, here and there she looks like her old self but the rest of the time it's cruise control.

Maybe she logged in on here, saw your comment before today’s game, and found her motivation Laughing

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/15/19 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Try being a single mom with twins and a professional athlete at the same time, and see how energetic you are day in a day out!!!

threadkiller1201

PostPosted: 08/18/19 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2019/08/15/hit-really-hard-nearly-week-after-traded-wings-theresa-plaisance-bids-emotional-farewell-fans

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 08/18/19 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Try being a single mom with twins and a professional athlete at the same time, and see how energetic you are day in a day out!!!

DeWanna Bonner just played 36:38 minutes scoring 30 points (17 in 4th quarter albeit a few of those from the line) and 10 rebounds. On Friday, 27 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists. She is a single mother of twins.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/19/19 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

DeWanna Bonner just played 36:38 minutes scoring 30 points (17 in 4th quarter albeit a few of those from the line) and 10 rebounds. On Friday, 27 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists. She is a single mother of twins.

What's your point when how one person is affected by the circumstances has nothing to do with another's???

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/19/19 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas-native Moriah Jefferson attends Wings' win over Liberty, coach Brian Agler says she's a 'full-go' for next season

Quote:
"I had dinner with Moriah last night," Agler said. "Glad to see her here, she's full-go next year, she just wants to be totally healthy. She's getting there."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2019/08/16/dallas-native-moriah-jefferson-attends-wings-win-liberty-coach-brian-agler-says-full-go-next-season

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/19/19 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
sportsfan48 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

What's your point when how one person is affected by the circumstances has nothing to do with another's???

What was your point in bringing up the circumstances, in the first place?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/19/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sportsfan48 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

So Bonner and Dupree haven't gotten a divorce? I know they're separated but I didn't they officially got a divorce. Do you know the terms of the custody agreement between Bonner and Dupree regarding the twins?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 08/20/19 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
sportsfan48 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

What was your point in bringing up the circumstances, in the first place?

To suggest that there may be another reason as to why she's not playing at a level some are used to seeing her play instead of implying that she seems disconnected from the team/season!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: