RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 07/27/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455,

I knew, I knew it...I had a feeling there was some bs going on with Moriah!!! I have a strong feeling she is trying to find a way to stay in the league without ever playing a single game in a Wings uniform. The injury she had should have been healed weeks ago from all the research I've been able to find on the subject!

I really believe we are going to continue to have to deal with these scenerios each season until Greg Bibb steps down or is relieved of duty!!!

hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know its hella petty and all but I really don't like seeing Liz on a winning team. She's the first W player that I have a deep, admittedly irrational dislike of (Well I don't think its irrational but others might). I don't wish her dead or anything just not winning dammit.
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 07/30/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic,

You are not alone, sir!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Dallas could really use Lauren Cox to build its post personnel around, but I think that would require getting at least the #2 pick.

It will definitely require a Top 2 pick. There is no way anyone besides Cox and Ionescu is taken in the top 2.

Carter could

PostPosted: 07/30/19 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Dallas could really use Lauren Cox to build its post personnel around, but I think that would require getting at least the #2 pick.

It will definitely require a Top 2 pick. There is no way anyone besides Cox and Ionescu is taken in the top 2.

Carter could

I agree, depending on if she can raise her shooting percentages and get her ATO under control. Maybe that'll be too much to ask of her, but time will tell...

hyperetic

PostPosted: 07/31/19 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
hyperetic,

Very Happy
Mixolydian

PostPosted: 07/31/19 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
I know its hella petty and all but I really don't like seeing Liz on a winning team. She's the first W player that I have a deep, admittedly irrational dislike of (Well I don't think its irrational but others might). I don't wish her dead or anything just not winning dammit.

I'm with you on that. Drives me nuts that her trade demand and antics worked out. Also killed my enthusiasm for the Aces who were an interesting upcoming team and have a lot of players I like watching, but I can't stand the Cambage show.

One of many factors (injuries to stars, domestic violence) that have dampened my WNBA fandom this year. *sigh*

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 07/31/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
hyperetic,

I, too, am a member of the "Petty Dislike of Liz" club.

PostPosted: 07/31/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN,

I couldn't even stomach watching the entire All Star game, simply because of her desperately trying to make sure all the attention was on her vs the event itself...I literally cannot stand Liz Cambage, not only as an athlete but as a human being as well!!!

I'm so sick of all the writers who kiss her ass on a daily basis, as if the league would not exist without her, and the others who seem to have no problem with how she single handedly screwed Dallas over, not even taking into account how the organization went out of it's way to make her happy when courting her to come to Dallas in the first place!

I can't wait for her to get into one of "moods" and bail on Vegas to Los Angeles like she did Dallas, and then see how Bill feels about her then.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/31/19 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Carter could

Do the Wings really need another PG? I know it sounds odd saying that this season considering they don't have one. But next season they should have Diggins & Jefferson. I think Dallas would be better off with a post(Cox, Mompremier, Hebert).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/31/19 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apologize if this has been answered, but is Jefferson getting paid a full salary?

PostPosted: 07/31/19 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Apologize if this has been answered, but is Jefferson getting paid a full salary?

She's been suspended all season (albeit 'temporarily'), so no.

PostPosted: 07/31/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

She's been suspended all season (albeit 'temporarily'), so no.

Ah ok, thanks Richyyy. Embarassed

PostPosted: 08/01/19 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously though, assuming she is indeed in the last year of her contract (I'm cautiously going by those Megdal spreadsheets), it's time to trade Glory Johnson, especially if she expresses any desire at this point to go to a contender. She's not starting for even this team, so coming off the bench for half a season at a better one should be no problem for her. In particular I see the Sun as the best fit with a deep need for post depth that could give Dallas a Tuck or B. Jones kind of return - or even more if the Wings give up one/two of their four 2020 draft picks, none of which are third-rounders - as these kind of players still have enough upside in which a change of scenery and more opportunity could be all they need. And unless Johnson gets cored next year for whatever team trades for her (if they even still have that after the impending CBA drama), she could simply re-sign with Dallas next year if that's what both parties want, when Dallas is expected to be much better and healthier (though I'll believe that when I see it).

Trade deadline is August 6th at 7:00 PM CT... I just feel like a Glory Johnson rental deal is the likeliest move we'll see out of any team. But damn near every player on this team should be made available and dealt if the price is right. For instance, I also envision a perimeter-player swap involving Gray or Davis, though that kind of move could wait until the offseason.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/01/19 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still see no reason anyone would want Davis. A guard who shoots 35% with a negative ATO has little value.

PostPosted: 08/01/19 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm... trade Johnson, where have I seen that idea before? Except being a bench player for a top team makes less sense than going to playoff team that needs a starting PF and could be a contender with one. Chicago could be a spot unless they are happy with Lavender as a PF. CHI is one of those situations where just about every post player they have is more naturally a center.

If Griner and Johnson have buried the hatchet, that could be an ideal situation positionally. I’m guessing since Johnson makes max, PHX would have to relieve max from their salary cap. That plus doubting that Griner and Johnson now get along has me doubting this as a true possibility.

Minnesota could use a little shoring up in the post if they want to make a playoff push. Not sure what they’d have to trade. I’m sure the’d want to keep their last remaining draft pick. I’m guessing Dallas doesn’t want Christmas back. Maybe something weird like Shepard and Brown? Augustus is coming back so Brown might return to less minutes. I doubt Reeve has a cold enough heart to send them to Dallas.

Hashing it out, I’ll choose Chicago as the most likely landing spot should a Johnson trade occur.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/19 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Erin Phillips has a new baby boy born yesterday.
Drew Chayce Phillips weighing in at a mere 9 pounds, 6 oz.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/19 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I still see no reason anyone would want Davis. A guard who shoots 35% with a negative ATO has little value.

I think people will see the size/length and athleticism, and that she's shot 40%+ from three in two of her three WNBA seasons, and continue to give her chances. I don't think you'd get much for her in a trade, at all, but I doubt this is her last season in the league.

I still don't think she's a point guard, though.

PostPosted: 08/01/19 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
toad455,

I knew, I knew it...I had a feeling there was some bs going on with Moriah!!! I have a strong feeling she is trying to find a way to stay in the league without ever playing a single game in a Wings uniform. The injury she had should have been healed weeks ago from all the research I've been able to find on the subject!

I really believe we are going to continue to have to deal with these scenerios each season until Greg Bibb steps down or is relieved of duty!!!

Ok I will make this clear about Moriah Jefferson.She was injured since right before the move to Las Vegas.She has no problem with playing for the Wings.The body cannot be rushed to be heal!!! I agree about Bibb time to go

hyperetic

PostPosted: 08/01/19 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
MuneravenMN,

I couldn't even stomach watching the entire All Star game, simply because of her desperately trying to make sure all the attention was on her vs the event itself...I literally cannot stand Liz Cambage, not only as an athlete but as a human being as well!!!

I'm so sick of all the writers who kiss her ass on a daily basis, as if the league would not exist without her, and the others who seem to have no problem with how she single handedly screwed Dallas over, not even taking into account how the organization went out of it's way to make her happy when courting her to come to Dallas in the first place!

I can't wait for her to get into one of "moods" and bail on Vegas to Los Angeles like she did Dallas, and then see how Bill feels about her then.

Bill's style is "us against the world" type mentality. As long as they are winning, I think she will be content but if their rankings drop below a certain point, we will see what's stronger, Bill's philosophy or Cambage's narcissism.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/01/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

allenleavell wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
toad455,

Ok I will make this clear about Moriah Jefferson.She was injured since right before the move to Las Vegas.She has no problem with playing for the Wings.The body cannot be rushed to be heal!!! I agree about Bibb time to go

i disagree , i had a nice extensive talk with Bibb during all star last weekend and he's really trying . The liz trade had to be done , he needed to get something in return and he did for a player who may not play more than 2 more seasons thats a big Win for Dallas. The Tayler Hill trade was lopsided, but she was the only player Thibualt had interest in trading so bib did what needed to be done . Hated to see AP go , but Most people dont know the stuff that happens behind the scenes and the players in which cause or demand trades from this team . Bibb is doing as best as he can with what he has so no i do not believe he should be let go , but im just 1 individual .

PostPosted: 08/01/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFdub ,

So we booing Cabbage this weekend or what ? Im so down i promise Laughing Laughing Sadly enough i still root for the big groot shes a character that i pity

PostPosted: 08/01/19 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hmmm... trade Johnson, where have I seen that idea before? Except being a bench player for a top team makes less sense than going to playoff team that needs a starting PF and could be a contender with one. Chicago could be a spot unless they are happy with Lavender as a PF. CHI is one of those situations where just about every post player they have is more naturally a center.

If Griner and Johnson have buried the hatchet, that could be an ideal situation positionally. I’m guessing since Johnson makes max, PHX would have to relieve max from their salary cap. That plus doubting that Griner and Johnson now get along has me doubting this as a true possibility.

Minnesota could use a little shoring up in the post if they want to make a playoff push. Not sure what they’d have to trade. I’m sure the’d want to keep their last remaining draft pick. I’m guessing Dallas doesn’t want Christmas back. Maybe something weird like Shepard and Brown? Augustus is coming back so Brown might return to less minutes. I doubt Reeve has a cold enough heart to send them to Dallas.

Hashing it out, I’ll choose Chicago as the most likely landing spot should a Johnson trade occur.

Thought the "Seriously though" in the beginning would imply that I was referring to the previously discussed good idea of trading Johnson. Anyways, I thought about Chicago but a) it seems set with the posts now that Ndour has been re-integrated into the rotation, b) the Sky isn't in a tailspin (yet) and Lavender has started 19/20 games while shooting above 50% from 2-point range, so I don't see that changing, and c) I don't see Wade willing to give up any of his players - maybe Copper or Ndour herself but Ndour is at this point a taller Glory Johnson that knows the Sky's system better and she's shooting it better (albeit a tiny sample size) so I don't see that making much sense, although again, Agler likes his international players. And the Wings don't need another "wing" (unless, again, they net a good return for Gray or they give Davis away). Phoenix is probably a "No", but maybe the front office runs that idea by Griner and she puts the team above her romantic history... but probably not (otherwise I could see B. Turner as the return). And like you said, I don't know what Minnesota could realistically give up in return, though otherwise that too would be a good fit. Connecticut really really needs bench depth, and I think it'll be tougher for the Sun to contend next year if several league stars on other teams come back healthy.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/01/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not convinced that Connecticut would consider Glory to be worth the headaches. Also their roster is about to get a lot more expensive next year, when JJones and CWilliams come off their rookie deals, with Tuck and Banham coming off theirs as well (but far less certain to be retained). So if you can't afford to keep her, or won't want to, she's an absolute rental. Might get you Brionna Jones I guess, if Miller's ready to just give up on her, but that's probably about it.

PostPosted: 08/01/19 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I'm not convinced that Connecticut would consider Glory to be worth the headaches. Also their roster is about to get a lot more expensive next year, when JJones and CWilliams come off their rookie deals, with Tuck and Banham coming off theirs as well (but far less certain to be retained). So if you can't afford to keep her, or won't want to, she's an absolute rental. Might get you Brionna Jones I guess, if Miller's ready to just give up on her, but that's probably about it.

That's what I thought of Johnson as, a rental that probably signs elsewhere for 2020. If she really is a headache for half a season, at least she'll be an established, talented one Laughing Tuck will be a RFA and I didn't see the Sun pick up B. Jones for a fourth year, and with both underperforming, they might be actually-free agents like Johnson next year anyway. For Dallas, Bibb may see an opportunity to both shed some salary this year and take a chance on a relatively unproven (though that can def be up for debate), cheap young player that could be a part of the future plans if she re-invents herself on the court. As former first-round talents, either of those two could. It just seems like it would make the most sense for both teams, unless Megdal is completely wrong and Johnson is also signed in 2020 (which we all know wouldn't be the first time!).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 41 of 44

Jump to: